Bank head teller is charged with embe...

Bank head teller is charged with embezzling -- themorningcall.com

There are 46 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Bank head teller is charged with embezzling -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The former head bank teller of the Slatington branch of Harleysville National Bank turned herself in Thursday to borough police after she admitted taking nearly $600,000 dollars from the institution over a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
annonomous2

Emmaus, PA

#43 Jul 17, 2007
Donna is a good person, as is her husband, and their successful daughter. I am sorry for her obvious lack of good judgement, but there is always more to every story than we all hear or know about. Until that is heard, please lets all try to suspend judgement.
annonomous2

Emmaus, PA

#44 Jul 17, 2007
William wrote:
This type of problem has root causes in people with this attitude.
<quoted text>
Exactly which attitude are you speaking of?
Old Man

Auburn Hills, MI

#45 Jul 18, 2007
Annonomous,
Years ago I worked in a store which I closed every night, then took the money to the bank. I never stole the first copper penny, even though I made the sum of $35.00 a week. That money belonged to the store, NOT ME. I had to hichhike 60 miles every Friday night home cause I couldn't afford a bus ticket. It would have been very easy from to steal from the store. Like I said before IT WASN'T MY MONEY. If you lower your standards you can always justify why you did wrong. Her job was a position of trust, there was no reason to steal that money. She is garbage or worse. There a lot of other people in this world who could have done her job who were not "confused" themselves as to who owned the money in that vault. Remember this, LOWER YOUR STANDARDS LOW ENOUGH AND ANYTHING IS ACCETABLE
Look how people excussed Bill Clinton
I'm not telling you or anyone how to live. WE each set our own standards, and from my point of view, right now yours don't look very high, if you believe what you say about this woman. It's not a case where she is a suspect. SHE SAID "I DID IT." Do you think she would have been hired if she would have told her employers that she had a problem being around all that money if somebody didn't watch her every move? If you think somehow she had justification for taking that which belonged to someone
else you might just want to examin your own life. Believe me when it's all said and done, your integrity is all you will every have in this world

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#46 Jul 18, 2007
Good people don't embezzle money
annonomous2 wrote:
Donna is a good person, as is her husband, and their successful daughter. I am sorry for her obvious lack of good judgement, but there is always more to every story than we all hear or know about. Until that is heard, please lets all try to suspend judgement.
Old Man

Auburn Hills, MI

#49 Aug 11, 2007
oh my, If you had a job in a bank you wouldn't steal their money. You were raised right, otherwise this wouldn't bother you. See, it takes one to know one. Be proud.
just wondering

Sparta, NJ

#50 Aug 11, 2007
fatboy2 wrote:
Good people don't embezzle money
<quoted text>
i agree. people have hard times, things happen...you still don't steal! so, she spends $$ and gets a slap on the hand? nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harleysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Camera flushes out vandals (May '08) Aug 23 pistolpete 78
113 construction work Apr '15 rybo65 1
Re Mr Mark Lincoln Strong Mar '15 15 jervis street 1
News Fatal Overdose Leads to Drug-Dealer Doc: Cops (Oct '11) Mar '15 sugar 4
Debate: Drinking Age - Telford, PA (Jan '12) Feb '15 Randy 6
News TV station: 5 dead in shootings near Philadelphia (Dec '14) Dec '14 RutgersU 7
News 6 dead, suspect on loose in suburban Philadelphia (Dec '14) Dec '14 RutgersU 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harleysville Mortgages