THP did not escrow desposits, records...

THP did not escrow desposits, records show

There are 56 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 11, 2009, titled THP did not escrow desposits, records show. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Rob Eckenrod and his wife bought into the promise of ''luxury and desirability intertwined in a truly breathtaking setting'' when they put $22,500 down on a Skippack Township home in March.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Nice reasoning

Ossining, NY

#44 Jul 12, 2009
BOO HOO wrote:
<quoted text>
We've got 4 kids, looked for a house for 1 year, bought a 200 year old farmhouse on an acre of land for under $200,000. Unlike you, my house has character, land and affordable payments, YEAH ME!
So old = character by default?

Unless you live in bumblef, pa 200k on an acre of land gets you a dump likely without any new life ammenities.

You'll need all those kids to whore them out to get all the work done to the dump that you bought.

Enjoy your outhouse on your acre. How's your well and other
oden marvels of current code and spec?
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#45 Jul 12, 2009
Arrest Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Brian, you haven't done YOUR research. I have no love for THP, as a matter of fact, I think the brothers should get some serious jail time. BUT, you know nothing about how these houses are built.
sure I do, drive by any of them after one year. Siding slipping away from the house. bad paint inside and out, cheap landscaping. You must like in a dream world. a mcmansion is a mcmansion , all stapled together. I would say rot in them but they wont last that long lol This is for THP, Troll bros, hovanianhan etc. all swindled the public and townships. Yes the bros should rot in jail. I have no pity for those of u who bought this garbage.
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#46 Jul 12, 2009
Nice reasoning wrote:
<quoted text>
So old = character by default?
Unless you live in bumblef, pa 200k on an acre of land gets you a dump likely without any new life ammenities.
You'll need all those kids to **** them out to get all the work done to the dump that you bought.
Enjoy your outhouse on your acre. How's your well and other
oden marvels of current code and spec?
it may have taken their farmhouse 100 years to start to look "old", mcmansions will look old in about 10 yrs. cheap labor and materials on a monopoly board lol oh u spoke of wells. try looking up buckingham, doylestown etc that overbuilt and now the wells r dry or polluted. the mcmansion owners r angry bcse they have to pay for city water and the lines to their hosues lol suckers
Nice reasoning

Ossining, NY

#47 Jul 12, 2009
Brian B wrote:
<quoted text>
it may have taken their farmhouse 100 years to start to look "old", mcmansions will look old in about 10 yrs. cheap labor and materials on a monopoly board lol oh u spoke of wells. try looking up buckingham, doylestown etc that overbuilt and now the wells r dry or polluted. the mcmansion owners r angry bcse they have to pay for city water and the lines to their hosues lol suckers
Sigh. You sound like an old billigerant old man.

Yes. I get it. You're old school. And there's nothing wrong with that. Some people, as hard as it is to imagine, prefer the newer mcmansion style and look. It's a choice.

The problem here is there are two people at the source of this problem. And they get to be paid by the disconnected "debtor" company all the while.

Therein lies the problem. These two morons that ran the company into the ground assuming all the while it would never catch up. It did.

Now get off my McMansion yard. I have some weedwacking of my little square of land to do.
i love spigots

Gilbertsville, PA

#48 Jul 12, 2009
I hate spigots wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should have had less children. It's people like you that are unnecessarily overpopulating this world. What are your children going to do when there isn't any jobs available in 20 years due to people like you that think you should have more than 2 children? It's dispicable!
MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!
arrest bush

Whitehall, PA

#49 Jul 12, 2009
Brian B wrote:
<quoted text>
sure I do, drive by any of them after one year. Siding slipping away from the house. bad paint inside and out, cheap landscaping. You must like in a dream world. a mcmansion is a mcmansion , all stapled together. I would say rot in them but they wont last that long lol This is for THP, Troll bros, hovanianhan etc. all swindled the public and townships. Yes the bros should rot in jail. I have no pity for those of u who bought this garbage.
I may live in a dream world, but it is the dream you wished YOU lived in. I contracted my own home, and own more property than your entire family. I personally know folks who live in THP homes. They are cheap as far as carpet, appliences etc, but they are 2x6 construction, poured basements, and well insulated. They will be around a long time regardles of your uneducated opinion. What the brothers did is irreponsable, and dispicable, but don't blame the home buyers, they're getting screwed because they wanted a new home and bought from a builder that has been in business since 1991 (so much for your 10 year assertion), and lied to them.
John D

Emmaus, PA

#50 Jul 12, 2009
People who don't live in McMansions are jealous PA hicks who are pissed because they live in WWII row houses that are pile of bricks. Their kids are retarded from radon, and their wives are fat from eating scrapple all day.

They are blue collar sc umbags who drink at the Macungie pub with the rest of the white trash farmers. In 5 years, they won't be able to afford the property taxes and will sell their crappy $200k house to some dirty P R from NYC. They will then be forced to move to Pittsburgh.

Let the hicks hate from the valley while us in the McMansions spit on them. Maybe they can move in the Amish pigs. Either way, they are like dinosaurs, soon to be extinct, along with their crappy, flooded, old, inefficient houses.
Ray Sist

Allentown, PA

#51 Jul 12, 2009
Nice reasoning wrote:
<quoted text>Now get off my McMansion yard. I have some weedwacking of my little square of land to do.
I have to go mow my McLawn too.

*Darn, now where are those scissors?*
Nice reasoning

Stratford, CT

#52 Jul 12, 2009
Ray Sist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to go mow my McLawn too.
*Darn, now where are those scissors?*
As I said, I am accepting and happy with my MCMansion.

Thanks for trying to pull something out of nothing.
Robert

Allentown, PA

#53 Jul 12, 2009
John D wrote:
People who don't live in McMansions are jealous PA hicks who are pissed because they live in WWII row houses that are pile of bricks. Their kids are retarded from radon, and their wives are fat from eating scrapple all day.
They are blue collar sc umbags who drink at the Macungie pub with the rest of the **** farmers. In 5 years, they won't be able to afford the property taxes and will sell their crappy $200k house to some dirty P R from NYC. They will then be forced to move to Pittsburgh.
Let the hicks hate from the valley while us in the McMansions spit on them. Maybe they can move in the Amish pigs. Either way, they are like dinosaurs, soon to be extinct, along with their crappy, flooded, old, inefficient houses.
Hey John D,

I don't live in a Mc Mansion..........but somehow I doubt you would be capable of footing my bills.

And don't be so proud of Raising taxes.....Isn't that why all of you ignorant white trash had to move here in the first place? Because your crappy jobs would no longer pay your $20K a year property taxes in N.J.?
Ray Sist

Allentown, PA

#54 Jul 12, 2009
You're all just a bunch of uneducated hillbillies, lol.
babies

United States

#55 Jul 13, 2009
waaaaaa i cant aford a nice house so i will hide behind my computer and degrade people who can waaaaaaaa where were you at the township meetings when they were getting approval for these developments????
John D

Warren, NJ

#56 Jul 13, 2009
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey John D,
I don't live in a Mc Mansion..........but somehow I doubt you would be capable of footing my bills.
And don't be so proud of Raising taxes.....Isn't that why all of you ignorant **** had to move here in the first place? Because your crappy jobs would no longer pay your $20K a year property taxes in N.J.?
Nope. I moved here to escape the barbarian hordes that were coming in from the shores... little did I know I had to push out you hicks here. You will be pushed out.
Robert

Allentown, PA

#57 Jul 13, 2009
John D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I moved here to escape the barbarian hordes that were coming in from the shores... little did I know I had to push out you hicks here. You will be pushed out.
Like I said.....Your White Trash Dead end job didn't pay your taxes on your 1400sqft Cape Cod in Verona any more..........and here you are.

Oh, by the way........Before moving here it was New Providence New Jersey and before that Short Hills.

And I didn't have to move here because I couldn't pay my property taxes.
McPissed

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Jul 13, 2009
Read this article people. A man is living in a hotel w/ 3 children bc THP robbed him. Saying it is his fault is like saying someone planned on getting mugged because they were walking in the city with a wallet in their pocket. Because you all seem to like McDonald's terminology... These people went to the drivethru, ordered their McMansion, went to the first window and paid, got to the second window and were told that McDonald's went out of business, sorry, no McMansions, no refunds. No one is complaining about the quality of what we bought, we just want what we paid for. I would just like to tell Mr. Eckenrod, and all of the other want-to-be-homeowners who are waiting for things to pan out : If your development is anything like ours, the people are AWESOME and this whole THP debacle has just brought everyone who lives here closer together. The people who are putting us down for buying what we bought are just not the same type of people we are (I know, I'm setting myself up for that one...go crazy I hate spigots, etc...) All I have to say is that the prize in this Happy Meal is a good one. Good neighbors, strong families (some with more than 2 children, ooohhh us evil people) and some day, completely finished developments. I havn't heard of any THP houses falling down since they started building in 1991...(yes, I drank the kool-aide...I know, I'll hear that too...) Sorry, I just needed to get that out.
ex-employee

Whitehall, PA

#59 Jul 14, 2009
McPissed wrote:
Read this article people. A man is living in a hotel w/ 3 children bc THP robbed him. Saying it is his fault is like saying someone planned on getting mugged because they were walking in the city with a wallet in their pocket. Because you all seem to like McDonald's terminology... These people went to the drivethru, ordered their McMansion, went to the first window and paid, got to the second window and were told that McDonald's went out of business, sorry, no McMansions, no refunds. No one is complaining about the quality of what we bought, we just want what we paid for. I would just like to tell Mr. Eckenrod, and all of the other want-to-be-homeowners who are waiting for things to pan out : If your development is anything like ours, the people are AWESOME and this whole THP debacle has just brought everyone who lives here closer together. The people who are putting us down for buying what we bought are just not the same type of people we are (I know, I'm setting myself up for that one...go crazy I hate spigots, etc...) All I have to say is that the prize in this Happy Meal is a good one. Good neighbors, strong families (some with more than 2 children, ooohhh us evil people) and some day, completely finished developments. I havn't heard of any THP houses falling down since they started building in 1991...(yes, I drank the kool-aide...I know, I'll hear that too...) Sorry, I just needed to get that out.
I am glad things worked out for you. My beef is with Todd and Tim Hendricks. Company cars(personal use too, with all expenes paid) for ninety percent of their employees, worldwide trip paid 100%, by the company, free donuts every day, free pizza every week(we're talking 10,000/year, and 45000/year). Renting an entire resturant for a Christmas party for employees and vendors, 1 million dollars in Christmas bonuses. The excess goes on and on.... When they were warned of problems with their company, they ignored them. They put some of their vendors out of business by failing to pay them for work completed. Now we find out that the misused the money that people gave them for deposits!! Lock 'em up, and sieze their assets(including those held by Karen Hendricks, and Dean Rittenhouse)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harleysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
113 construction work Apr '15 rybo65 1
Re Mr Mark Lincoln Strong Mar '15 15 jervis street 1
News Fatal Overdose Leads to Drug-Dealer Doc: Cops (Oct '11) Mar '15 sugar 4
Debate: Drinking Age - Telford, PA (Jan '12) Feb '15 Randy 6
News TV station: 5 dead in shootings near Philadelphia (Dec '14) Dec '14 RutgersU 7
News 6 dead, suspect on loose in suburban Philadelphia (Dec '14) Dec '14 RutgersU 2
News Reports: 5 fatally shot in 3 locations in Montg... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bradley William S... 1
More from around the web

Harleysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Harleysville Mortgages