THP did not escrow desposits, records...

THP did not escrow desposits, records show

There are 56 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 11, 2009, titled THP did not escrow desposits, records show. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Rob Eckenrod and his wife bought into the promise of ''luxury and desirability intertwined in a truly breathtaking setting'' when they put $22,500 down on a Skippack Township home in March.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

ronald mcdonald

Maple Shade, NJ

#22 Jul 11, 2009
Unbelievable wrote:
Wow, you people are cruel and heartless. Are you telling me that you research EVERYTHING before you buy it? You research where your socks are made before you buy the 8 pack at Target? You research where your cheese is manufactured before you buy it? How about toothpaste? Or vehicle tires? Paper towels? Soda? Bottled water?
cheese, socks, paper towels etc dont cost the horrible prices that these horrible builders r asking and getting from dim wits. You are talking apples and oranges lol
toni

Coatesville, PA

#23 Jul 11, 2009
these people lose their down payments but the fat clowns get 2500 a week to steal from others-----when you pay judges you get positive rulings------
Ray Sist

Allentown, PA

#24 Jul 11, 2009
Unbelievable wrote:
Wow, you people are cruel and heartless. Are you telling me that you research EVERYTHING before you buy it? You research where your socks are made before you buy the 8 pack at Target? You research where your cheese is manufactured before you buy it? How about toothpaste? Or vehicle tires? Paper towels? Soda? Bottled water?
Cheese doesn't cost $400,000. And if it's government cheese, it doesn't cost anything, lol.
Will the

Zionhill, PA

#25 Jul 11, 2009
All I hear is less goverment over site. Now the cr-p hit the fan and everyone wants goverment over site....lol
McPissed

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Jul 11, 2009
For all of you that have NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SITUATION Keep your McMouths shut! We are all trying to do what is best for our families - We didn't buy our houses just for appearance - we are trying to raise families on incomes that we can afford - we looked for more than 6 months for a house big enough to fit our growing family - we weren't even considering new construction, but at 9 months pregnant with 2 other children under 3, I trusted my realtor and put my faith in THP to buy a spec house. I have great neighbors who are all in the same boat and all trying to have normal lives and take care of our children. Stop treating us like we are idiots. We didn't asked to be screwed by THP. I don't judge you or your home. And unless you built it with your own 2 hands, some builder was involved in your home, too. Please stop judging us.
brian b

Maple Shade, NJ

#27 Jul 11, 2009
McPissed wrote:
For all of you that have NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR SITUATION Keep your McMouths shut! We are all trying to do what is best for our families - We didn't buy our houses just for appearance - we are trying to raise families on incomes that we can afford - we looked for more than 6 months for a house big enough to fit our growing family - we weren't even considering new construction, but at 9 months pregnant with 2 other children under 3, I trusted my realtor and put my faith in THP to buy a spec house. I have great neighbors who are all in the same boat and all trying to have normal lives and take care of our children. Stop treating us like we are idiots. We didn't asked to be screwed by THP. I don't judge you or your home. And unless you built it with your own 2 hands, some builder was involved in your home, too. Please stop judging us.
two mistakes: I trusted my realtor and put my faith in THP to buy a spec house" You NEVER trust a realtor, they r like used car salesmen and will tell you anything to buy a house. You put your faith in THP but did YOU do the research into the company or leave it to the Realtor?
I didnt build my house but mine was built before troll broas, THP and the other crooks ripping you people off. Idiots are the ones that gave a huge deposit on a house that was never built. No one is judging u, we are amazed that any of you bought one of these MCmansions.. of course all yr neighbors are in the same boat (actually a boat would have been a better choice lol), you all fell for this horrible builder..
brian b

Maple Shade, NJ

#28 Jul 11, 2009
oh , why would u buy yr mcmansion for appearance? they ALL look the same no mayyer what part of the state u visit. cheap materials, KMart landscaping, plastic shutters and huge energy wasting ceilings, you get to pick a "custom" kitchen off a "menu" thus people call them Mcmansions lol
Beat u this garbage wont last 10 years, so sad for you
brian b

Maple Shade, NJ

#29 Jul 11, 2009
mayyer is MATTER
I Hope Your Kidding

Allentown, PA

#30 Jul 11, 2009
What ever happened to personal responsibility! Blame the people who screwed up, THP, and DON'T PASS THE BUCK TO SOMEONE ELSE! If THP were any kind of a business they would not be in bankruptcy..there are other builders who are not so why are they? Goverment IS screwed up but that is a seperate issue than this.
Little Ignorant People wrote:
I find it amazing how people are directing their anger toward the Courts and the Local Municipalities.(the anger should and appears to be directed to the Builder, which is good.) However..... the ones that are CULPABLE and RESPONSIBLE for this building and developing mess are the STATE LEGISLATORS AND GOVERNOR. Yes... the STATE. They are the ones that create the laws that the developers and builders hide behind. Pennsylvania is a NOTORIOUS developer/builder friendly state. Whenever a developer/builder gets into trouble because they are being held accountable, they run to a STATE LEGISLATOR with their powerful Associations and LOBBY for lesser control from the Courts and Municipalites and guess what? They get it. Right now there is state legislation being considered to "Water Down" the newly implemented state wide Building Code to be "builder friendly"!! When are you people going to learn, you need to direct a good portion of your ANGER to your STATE LEGISLATOR AND GOVERNOR to strengthen the laws to hold developers and builders accountable!!
Ronald McDonald

Maple Shade, NJ

#31 Jul 11, 2009
but at 9 months pregnant with 2 other children under 3?!

wow, sounds like u should put yr trust in birth control ! No wonder u need a bigger house lol
Umm

Quakertown, PA

#32 Jul 11, 2009
Unbelievable wrote:
Buying a house just a little different no?
McPissed

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Jul 11, 2009
I no longer have a comment for you people. I hope that God blesses your sad, sorry lives. If you have nothing better to do than put down others, I feel sorry for you. I may live in what you call a cr--py mcmansion, but I live a happy life. And I love my 3 children and Thank God EVERYDAY for my family. I also thank God for a rood over my head, and have enough empathy to feel bad for those people living in hotels and with family because THP stole their money and gave them nothing in return. F U for telling me I need birth control. I'm finished my statement before I tell you what I really think.
Ronald McDonald

Maple Shade, NJ

#34 Jul 11, 2009
lol i said u should put yr TRUST in birth control, like you trusted your realtor and builder lol
and I am sure your God wouldnt appreciate you cussing either. mot lady like.
Hmm

Quakertown, PA

#35 Jul 11, 2009
McPissed wrote:
I no longer have a comment for you people. I hope that God blesses your sad, sorry lives. If you have nothing better to do than put down others, I feel sorry for you. I may live in what you call a cr--py mcmansion, but I live a happy life. And I love my 3 children and Thank God EVERYDAY for my family. I also thank God for a rood over my head, and have enough empathy to feel bad for those people living in hotels and with family because THP stole their money and gave them nothing in return. F U for telling me I need birth control. I'm finished my statement before I tell you what I really think.
So bitter. You don't seem very happy. lol
Robert

Allentown, PA

#37 Jul 12, 2009
The guys from THP are full of it.

They knew about the Escrow laws.......They just figured they could use the money to avoid bankruptcy.

And for you a$$monkeys who are glad the guy got screwed? DOn't be so happy. He'll get his money back eventually..........and it'll be from your tax dollars..........so who is learning a lesson there????????

Last? I've lived here for over 20 years. I've owned two homes built by small, reputable local builders

AND GUESS WHAT?????

I was in the construction industry from 1982 thru 2001.......I know a few things..........and I know that neither of my homes built by "Small Reputable local builders" would have passed inspection in any other state.

THP builds an OK home. Yes thier subs skip some details like painting the hinge edges of doors, but in general they are no worse built than the homes of some of your local builders who have been in the valley for generations.

Sorry, that's the truth.

If you're unhappy with your situation? Maybe you should be angry at your township board members who chose to allow all that development..........and while you're at it ask them where all those impact fees went?????????? Hmmmm..........WHere did the local good old boys (and in the case of Upper Macungie township one good old girl) spend that money? Obviously not on a new well or i'd be able to wash my car in my driveway.
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#38 Jul 12, 2009
If you're unhappy with your situation? Maybe you should be angry at your township board members who chose to allow all that development."
Not all towns had any other choice but to approve a mcdevelopment bcse the mcdeveloper threatened to sue. They "had" the money to fight the townships. New Hope is one example. Across from Logan Square Shopping, tons of shoddy houses were built along the highway. After wards, the people complained of the noise from the businesses across the street. DUH ! Again, dont u people look around where the garbage houses are being built to check for noise, possible open space that will be built on, a shopping center that may be built?
Re yr comment that they r not worse than other builders. For 400,000 dollars or more, these people should demand a decent house. Because they let the garbage building continue, it will be. Most wont be around in 10 years and those that will will be slums.
Robert

Allentown, PA

#39 Jul 12, 2009
Brian B wrote:
If you're unhappy with your situation? Maybe you should be angry at your township board members who chose to allow all that development."
Not all towns had any other choice but to approve a mcdevelopment bcse the mcdeveloper threatened to sue. They "had" the money to fight the townships. New Hope is one example. Across from Logan Square Shopping, tons of shoddy houses were built along the highway. After wards, the people complained of the noise from the businesses across the street. DUH ! Again, dont u people look around where the garbage houses are being built to check for noise, possible open space that will be built on, a shopping center that may be built?
Re yr comment that they r not worse than other builders. For 400,000 dollars or more, these people should demand a decent house. Because they let the garbage building continue, it will be. Most wont be around in 10 years and those that will will be slums.
Like I said earlier..........I spent between 82 and 2001 in the construction industry. During that time I watched more than one development stopped by a board that was more affraid of the current residents than they were of the developer.

When the developer wins? It's always because the board got paid off.

Don't believe me? I can take for a ride and show all of the things "Donated" to communities by developers.

The Board put up a front until they get what they want.

As for the quality of the homes?

You missed the point. Neither of my homes was built by a Mc Mansion builder. Both by small, respected local builders. BUilders with a reputation for quality.

And niether was a Whole lot better built than a THP home.

Toll Brothers and Pulte are a seperate issue.

But in the end 98% of the people complaining and calling them Mc Mansion and preplanned slums have about the same qualifications to judge building quality as I have to perform Heart Surgey
Brian B

Maple Shade, NJ

#40 Jul 12, 2009
They r called mcmansions because they all look the same no matter where u go, any state or county.
In an age of computers designing just about everything, u would think the builders would do more to make a more attractive mcdevelopment. I blame the people buying too also. They dont say "this all looks the same" so it sits on a field like a monopoly board.
Re being paid off. Yes, a few townships got paid off but the builders won out too at the residents expense. higher taxes, lower water quality, etc
the builders policy "slap them together and forget them" I know of people who bought mulit million mcmansions from Bruce Lesser, a supposed top notch builder. They r no better off with cracks in the walls etc.
the point most of us have is too many, too close, too all the same. The offer/add nothing to the community
Arrest Bush

Bethlehem, PA

#42 Jul 12, 2009
brian b wrote:
oh , why would u buy yr mcmansion for appearance? they ALL look the same no mayyer what part of the state u visit. cheap materials, KMart landscaping, plastic shutters and huge energy wasting ceilings, you get to pick a "custom" kitchen off a "menu" thus people call them Mcmansions lol
Beat u this garbage wont last 10 years, so sad for you
Actually Brian, you haven't done YOUR research. I have no love for THP, as a matter of fact, I think the brothers should get some serious jail time. BUT, you know nothing about how these houses are built.
BOO HOO

Hatfield, PA

#43 Jul 12, 2009
McPissed wrote:
We've got 4 kids, looked for a house for 1 year, bought a 200 year old farmhouse on an acre of land for under $200,000. Unlike you, my house has character, land and affordable payments, YEAH ME!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harleysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Schwenksville Borough Gives the OK for Commerci... (Jun '11) Dec 31 Logic 7
News Doctor charged with giving drug prescriptions f... (Oct '10) Aug '17 Nick Maraldo 13
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... (Mar '17) Jul '17 Local 28
Go mobile_ Joe T the THIEF (Sep '16) Feb '17 Jim bobcock 5
non payment of claims (Apr '16) Apr '16 bernice 1
113 construction work (Apr '15) Apr '15 rybo65 1
Re Mr Mark Lincoln Strong (Mar '15) Mar '15 15 jervis street 1

Harleysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harleysville Mortgages