Harleysville Pool .. A slide and some fountains would be nice!!

Posted in the Harleysville Forum

jdsong

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Aug 4, 2007
I have heard Harleysville Pool is not run by the Township?? Who owns the pool? We have been a member for 5 years now and are thinking of changing to Hatfield or Towomencin next year since they have nicer pools for older children like slides and fountains.. Hatfield even has a lazy river and a adult theropudic pool which is nice!! I know the prices would go up which I have no problem with paying the extra for membership as we go a couple times a week. Has anyone ever looked into why they will not add a slide or some other upgrades to that pool??
ffstgtui

King Of Prussia, PA

#2 Jun 14, 2008
u sok
bobbie

King Of Prussia, PA

#3 Jun 14, 2008
i hate your pool last time someone pooped in it
anyonomous

Concordville, PA

#4 Mar 18, 2009
The pool is GREAT the way it is! Perfect for children of all ages. Its inexpensive, and not over crowded like hatfield or towomencin plus it has one of best lap pools in the area which is perfect for the swim team.
Dee

Sellersville, PA

#5 Mar 29, 2009
Kids poop in every public pool.. I joined Hatfield last year and was very happy with it. Go around 3pm or so and its nice.. Wednesdays are members only days and my kids love the lazy river..Harleysville is fine for smaller children but my kids go kinda bord with it so we switched to Hatfield and were very pleased last year.. They even have family fun nights from 8 to 10 or 11 I forget but show a outside movier and have all the water features and lights turned on.. The adult pool section is heated and only adults are aloud in there.. They even have metal lounge chairs for adults to use all around the pool.. I really like it there. Yes it gets crowded around mid day but go alittle later and its very nice..
campcounselor298 7

Harleysville, PA

#6 Sep 19, 2010
The harleysville pool is privately owned and to the best of my knowledge has been privately owned ever since it opened in 1957. The reason why they cannot build onto it or make it "cooler" is because it costs A LOT of money to run the pool. The land it is on is also very valuable so you can imagine the taxes they must pay. Considering that more and more people are dropping their memberships each year, it's getting harder and harder for them to stay open. The only reason why it does is because the YMCA goes there every day. Without the YMCA paying full price per child every day to go there (instead of buying memberships) there's a 99.9% chance the pool would be closed by now and filled in. If the township ever got hold of that very VALUABLE piece of land, they would fill the pool in immediately because like I said it costs way to much to run on top of the fact that they would then have to make it handicap accessible.(Because it is privately run it does not have to be handicap accessible.) So if you're thinking about dropping your membership, just remember, you might be putting the community pool out of business and leaving the swim team with no pool to practice/compete in. If it closes what else do teenagers have to do in harleysville besides loiter or other "activities" (and I think you know what I'm talking about)

-YMCA counselor who knows what he's talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harleysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TV station: 5 dead in shootings near Philadelphia Dec '14 RutgersU 7
6 dead, suspect on loose in suburban Philadelphia Dec '14 RutgersU 2
Reports: 5 fatally shot in 3 locations in Montg... Dec '14 Bradley William S... 1
Five People Dead in Montco Rampage, Shooter Bar... Dec '14 Bradley William S... 1
New Park behind the Library Dec '14 Randy343 1
Snow emergency cars off roads in cul d sacs Low... Nov '14 Ann 1
souderton family owned businesses Nov '14 marry 1

Winter Storm Watch for Montgomery County was issued at January 31 at 7:45PM EST

Harleysville News Video

Harleysville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harleysville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]