Next Last
haha

Harlan, KY

#1 Feb 17, 2010
i heard they were shutting down again!! they dont pay nothing no way
coal hog

Harlan, KY

#2 Feb 17, 2010
thats not funny, they have some good workers up there! they just get f@#$%# by the company prez wont give them any money.
not true

Harlan, KY

#3 Feb 17, 2010
they make good or at least one does they have a car driver that makes $5 more than the rest, he aint worth a damn, a f@#$%$# suck, and a outby guy named rowland smith aint worth a damn either he dont do a damn thing him and hes crew martin bledsoe hahaha there goodens though
Living For Jesus

East Bernstadt, KY

#4 Feb 17, 2010
not true wrote:
they make good or at least one does they have a car driver that makes $5 more than the rest, he aint worth a damn, a f@#$%$# suck, and a outby guy named rowland smith aint worth a damn either he dont do a damn thing him and hes crew martin bledsoe hahaha there goodens though
Hey Martin is a good man he is the Pastor at my Church. I don't think that he deserves to be talked about he never does nothing but help people. You should come and join us sometime. JESUS LOVES YOU.
hey

Harlan, KY

#5 Feb 17, 2010
i like martin what he does at work is none of your alls bussiness. so dont worry about it. dont worry martin ppl just like to talk
Not true

Mount Vernon, KY

#6 Feb 17, 2010
Massey is one of the best paid mines in Harlan County. They are not shutting down. Their one of the the only mines with all the permits to mine right now. So i don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. I hear they are going to buy out Joe Bennet also.
haha

Harlan, KY

#7 Feb 18, 2010
joe bennett they might as well, they dont pay much more!! they are about to loose all their deep miners!! better start digging through those 100 applications. good luck!!
miner

Somerset, KY

#8 Feb 20, 2010
massey pays great just as good or better than any mines around as a matter of fact they pay more than long mountain does... as far as leaving not true they have more permits than alot right now.. as to haha that said they are leaving are you the one they fired the other night.. joe bennetts mines may not be a great place to work but i heard they do make pretty good as well. instead of trying to put peoples jobs down lets be glad at least some mines are still working... grow up..
Somebody

Waynesburg, KY

#9 Feb 21, 2010
They had Martin working for $11 an hour for like three months underground. Now they gave him supplyman pay, which isn't much more [like $15 an hour]. I reckon he only missed one day in a whole year from last Feb 09 til now], and that was because his wife was sick in the hospital the other day. And one thing I'm sure of, he is one of the few guys there at Massey that prays for all the men that work there. I'm sure he has prayed for you.
Living For Jesus

East Bernstadt, KY

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Somebody wrote:
They had Martin working for $11 an hour for like three months underground. Now they gave him supplyman pay, which isn't much more [like $15 an hour]. I reckon he only missed one day in a whole year from last Feb 09 til now], and that was because his wife was sick in the hospital the other day. And one thing I'm sure of, he is one of the few guys there at Massey that prays for all the men that work there. I'm sure he has prayed for you.
As I have mentioned before Martin is my Pastor and this I can say he always Prays for all those men at Massey. GOD BLESS YOU Martin.
man

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2010
Somebody wrote:
They had Martin working for $11 an hour for like three months underground. Now they gave him supplyman pay, which isn't much more [like $15 an hour]. I reckon he only missed one day in a whole year from last Feb 09 til now], and that was because his wife was sick in the hospital the other day.
that sounds about right.

dirty ass coal companys. and that pay is nothing near ln mtn. hell i think the lowest lone mtn man makes like 20.00hr, they want people, i suggest any massey guy wanting a job goes and sees bill hanes at ln mtn..or rick rallieh at black mtn.

and i doubt them buying out joe, maybe joe buying out them is more believeable. hell their not paying no more than joe so he could keep their wages the same and nobody would wine and cry lol.

either way, i think it's funny. ha ha ha ha. people came on here several times saying how massey was this and that, yeah looks like it the best place in the world now. it don't pay, it has a proven track record of leaving when times get tough, now its people thats working there is fighting here. so yeah, i really want to run and put my application in.
miner

Somerset, KY

#12 Feb 21, 2010
the lowest paid underground miner at massey makes at least 23 dollars an hour. so you dont know as much as you think now do you. as far as lone mtn right now black mtn and massey are paying way better than them, this came stright from one of the workers. If this is not true then why are men leaving there.. yes lone mountain may be a good place to work also but the truth is massey and black mountain are paying more.. as for leaving right now any mines may shut down any given day.. why are you so worried about massey anyway..
Friend Of Coal

East Bernstadt, KY

#13 Feb 21, 2010
miner wrote:
the lowest paid underground miner at massey makes at least 23 dollars an hour. so you dont know as much as you think now do you. as far as lone mtn right now black mtn and massey are paying way better than them, this came stright from one of the workers. If this is not true then why are men leaving there.. yes lone mountain may be a good place to work also but the truth is massey and black mountain are paying more.. as for leaving right now any mines may shut down any given day.. why are you so worried about massey anyway..
Thats not true I was thinking about leaving were i am at but i make 22 dollars an hour right now and Massey said they pay their bolt men 18.50 and hour. So I did not go i stayed were i'm at.
worker38

Somerset, KY

#14 Feb 21, 2010
who did you talk to because thats what i do and unless you are a greenhorn, i should know they do pay more. why are you all on here worried about who pays more or less. if you have a job keep it and move on...
ghost writer

Harlan, KY

#15 Feb 23, 2010
yea i know rowlan "string bean" he aint worth a damn. he dont know shit just sits outside drinks coffee and bullshits around. i bet john doesnt know this
miners wife 2

Baxter, KY

#16 Feb 23, 2010
I can tell you for sure, that my husband works at Lone Mountain and he makes $24 an hour.
No way

Mount Vernon, KY

#17 Feb 23, 2010
Not true wrote:
Massey is one of the best paid mines in Harlan County. They are not shutting down. Their one of the the only mines with all the permits to mine right now. So i don't see them going anywhere anytime soon. I hear they are going to buy out Joe Bennet also.
First I've heard of this,and I seriously doubt it.
ALLFOR COAL

Clarksville, TN

#18 Feb 23, 2010
My husband works at Black Mountain and makes 28.50 and he's not a boss! They have great benefits, bonuses, the whole deal! I heard lone mnt didn't get their bonuses at Christmas this year because they couldn't afford it. My husband did. I am so thankful for all they do for their guys! They are a great company to work for!!!!
Travis Clem

United States

#19 Feb 23, 2010
ghost writer wrote:
yea i know rowlan "string bean" he aint worth a damn. he dont know shit just sits outside drinks coffee and bullshits around. i bet john doesnt know this
I've heard of this peice of shit. Everybody that you talk to that works their thinks the same. It seems like somebody would be watching him and dock his pay. I mean he shouldn't be getting paid to drink coffee and smoke cigs. Hell if that is the case F^CK Lone Mnt. I'm comeing back. I'll talk to Den and see if I can have a job like that.
g funk money

Macon, GA

#20 Feb 25, 2010
ill bet that about half of the people talking crap about massey are a bunch af food stamp drawing bums who just couldnt handle an honest days work if they had to .and furthermore if you do work at black mountian or lone mountian or wherever it may be guess what we are making it just fine without you right now so by all means stay right where you are if you dont want to be part of an elete group of men like you will find at massey then stay where you are with the rest of the bottom feeders. wedo not need you. but keep this one thing in mind .massey energy is the future of coal mining in harlan county we will be here long after all the rest have come and gone .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Militant Secular ... 171,908
Rats 1 hr Things that make ... 9
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 2 hr MEd 5,422
Evarts pd 2 hr Fed up 1
Top 10 sexiest guys in cawood (Mar '13) 4 hr Cawood girl 30
willie lewis (Jan '10) 6 hr The real 38 news 18
looking for a male pitbull to breed with my female (Sep '10) 10 hr John 563

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages