name the best high school pitchers to...

name the best high school pitchers to come out of harlan county?

Posted in the Harlan Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sunshine

Salem, OH

#1 May 2, 2009
just to name a few off top of my head.. Ryan Duckworth, Jake Jackson, one of the lewis brothers from cumb., macky wynn, johnny baker, jason capps, charlie rutledge, lawson howard, bryan harris, jermey terry, casey lester, etc.. add to it...
class of 88

Anderson, SC

#2 May 2, 2009
Lewis Morris.
Freddie Maggard
Otis Lewis
this was the best pictures I faced during my 4 years of high school ball from any schools.
Mark Stewart from Harlan was a great lefty
sunshine

Salem, OH

#3 May 2, 2009
nice i didn't play then but they were tough. cumberland always had good pitchers.
yeah i forgot about mark stewart. see all the people you forget...
sunshine

Freedom, CA

#4 May 2, 2009
of the 2000 era justin harris was a tough lefty. didn't throw that hard but had good stuff. best lefty to pitch at cawood
Girl

Lexington, KY

#5 May 2, 2009
well if we can add a girl then Kelsey Day is a great pitcher.
abc

Harlan, KY

#6 May 2, 2009
leslie ball, jack maggard
The Crow

Harlan, KY

#7 May 2, 2009
Joe Hoskins,Jonny Baker
abc

Harlan, KY

#8 May 2, 2009
i dont think joey hoskins pitched
redsox

Freedom, CA

#9 May 2, 2009
he didn't. he is by far one of if not the best hitters that cawood has had. He used to drop bombs. he had a cannon for a arm too. could of played anywhere...
baller

Manchester, KY

#10 May 3, 2009
Well i think courtney Lewis is the best from harlan county.. shes been pitchin since she was little. And shes got some great talent!.
The Crow

Winchester, KY

#11 May 3, 2009
abc? Dart champ again? lol
shana

Richmond, KY

#12 May 4, 2009
i grew up with courtney,
ilove her to death and i love kelsey day too.
i ko how much time and effort courts put i to pitchin i think i started when i was 6 and when i joined he already knew what she was doin..lol great pitcher court and kelsey. two girls who have somethang to be proud of,great accomplishments. and i'm glad to kno them!(dey no where the heart is)
shana
hchs softball#23

Since: Apr 09

Harlan, KY

#13 May 4, 2009
Jonathan Perkins, John Luttrell,Freddie Maggard and the others mentioned.
futbol

Harlan, KY

#14 May 4, 2009
what about Jason Cooklook, Cactus Jack Medlar, Rock and fire Timbo Noe, and Andy Ayers?
For real though Greg Bruce was a pretty good pitcher.
The Crow

Richmond, KY

#15 May 4, 2009
Frank Shope would have been a GREAT catcher to catch anybody mentioned on here.
awww

Lexington, KY

#16 May 4, 2009
spirit86 wrote:
Jonathan Perkins, John Luttrell,Freddie Maggard and the others mentioned.
I loved Coach Perkins... He coached me my senior year in Softball.
witness

Harlan, KY

#17 May 4, 2009
timbo noe. as an 8th grader i saw him get clocked at 90 miles per hr. at henry clay high school. never played baseball again so he could workout for football.
Baseball Fan

Harlan, KY

#18 May 4, 2009
redsox wrote:
he didn't. he is by far one of if not the best hitters that cawood has had. He used to drop bombs. he had a cannon for a arm too. could of played anywhere...
Joe was a good guy and a good hitter. It ends
there.
Baseball Fan

Harlan, KY

#19 May 4, 2009
Take it from someone who has studied the game and played against or watched most that have been mentioned. FREDDIE MAGGARD, OTIS LEWIS are the top two in the past 30 years. A righty who threw
low 90's and a lefty who threw upper 80's...and by the way Timbo Noe did not throw 90 as a freshman. I've seen 90 and that wasn't it.
hootmeoff

Portland, OR

#20 May 4, 2009
Dan "Crimnal" Foresster was the best big game pitcher harlan had. Won the DIAMOND JUBILEE in London with a stellar perfomance against South Laurel...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min Paul 163,730
Cosmetology school 59 min hmm 19
Katie Robinson 5 hr Wow 5
harlan ind. graduation 6 hr Yum 4
were the easy girls at 12 hr In the know 8
looking for a male pitbull to breed with my female (Sep '10) 23 hr Blue pit 23 503
Gary Bryant Sun Drugs 6

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages