7th/8th cheerleading competition

Posted in the Harlan Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
just wondering

Harlan, KY

#1 Dec 27, 2009
does anybody know anything about cheerleading competition this year? like whos hosting it, what date, etc.
proud cheer mom

Harlan, KY

#2 Dec 28, 2009
just wondering wrote:
does anybody know anything about cheerleading competition this year? like whos hosting it, what date, etc.
im not sure the where but the when is jan 22! who do u think is gonna win?
just wondering

Harlan, KY

#3 Dec 28, 2009
I don't know all the teams are so good.
Who do you think?
i think

Baxter, KY

#4 Dec 28, 2009
i think rosspoint is really good i wonder if there going...
wildcats kitten

Harlan, KY

#5 Dec 28, 2009
i dont think Evarts is going, cause they got cheeted out of it last year.Better off paying the 500 dollars then get cheeted again.
just wondering

Hazard, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2009
I don't think Rosspoint is going, but Harlan Independent is going this year. You talk about getting cheated the last time they went.
JAFO

Baxter, KY

#7 Dec 28, 2009
I think all of them should protest and stay home... Since everyone seems to be getting cheated the cheerleaders of harlan county should unite and can demonstrate peacfully by not attending... sound like a plan? Or... they could stage a sit in at all of their next ball games and refuse to cheer until this horrible attrocity of "cheerleading cheating" has been addressed... either would get alot of attention i'm sure...
listen

Baxter, KY

#8 Dec 29, 2009
yea well cheerleading is nto fair but yes i heard rosspoint wasnt going this year again and i dont thin evarts is going this year
foryourinfo

London, KY

#9 Dec 29, 2009
Evarts elem. is going but not the jr. high. I think it's best that we don't get all this stuff stirred up for these girls sake. They all work hard and they don't need this stress added to it.
cheerleader

Harlan, KY

#10 Dec 29, 2009
im super excited about competition. we've worked hard alll year and i cant wait!
Parent of a cheerleader

Harlan, KY

#11 Dec 29, 2009
I heard The REAL Cawood COMETS 5th and 6th and the 7th and 8th grade was also good. I hope all the teams does well.
fair judging

Bolivar, MO

#12 Dec 30, 2009
i just hope and pray that they have judges there that is not related or friends of a certain team,.all these girls work hard and they should be judge fairly.that didn't happen last year
waggs

Macon, GA

#13 Dec 30, 2009
I think the deal with paying is a crock of crap anyway. If they don't feel like they are up to competing, then they shouldn't have to pay the penalty. Black Mountain's cheerleaders haven't even cheered the first game yet. They will just start cheering when school goes back. So it's unfair for that squad to have to compete. They haven't had the practice the other teams has. It would be an embarassment to them to have to go and compete with the squads that put in alot of time and hard work practicing.

And I agree, Evarts was robbed last year!
Speak For Yourself

Bolivar, TN

#14 Dec 30, 2009
Who robbed them? Who won last year?
JAC FAN

Harlan, KY

#15 Dec 30, 2009
This always starts a few weeks before the cheerleading competition, so here goes: First of all, Waggs, NO ONE was robbed last year. JAC won and they were the best squad there! And, Just Wondering, Harlan was so not cheated the last time they attended. It is not the fault of the judges that the Harlan squad has the attitude that they are better and should win just for showing up. Secondly, the judges have never been related to a certain teams coach, and please don't pretend that everyone doesn't know which team you are speaking of. That is crap. It is the responsibility of the hosting school to provide KAPOS judges....ever heard of them? And, lastly, all schools in the county KNOW the rules. If the cheerleaders aren't practicing, whose fault is that? I should add that I've seen all of the squads, except BM, and JAC will be almost impossible to beat. They have the best tumblers (almost all of the girls have their back tucks) and their jumps are spot on! I also know that these girls work their hearts out 5-6 days a week and have a fantastic coach who truly cares about her girls. Plus, they've already won two bids to nationals, which they will attend in February. My advice, stop hating and complaining.
HMS FAN

Harlan, KY

#16 Dec 30, 2009
I think all the teams are good. I'm not going to start fussing and fighting over cheerleading competition i just hope its fair this year.
I know Harlan has about 6 or 7 tumblers. They are perfecting their dance, floor cheer, and sideline. I'm excited to see all the squads. I'm sure they'll all be great!
cheerleader

London, KY

#17 Dec 30, 2009
JAC FAN wrote:
This always starts a few weeks before the cheerleading competition, so here goes: First of all, Waggs, NO ONE was robbed last year. JAC won and they were the best squad there! And, Just Wondering, Harlan was so not cheated the last time they attended. It is not the fault of the judges that the Harlan squad has the attitude that they are better and should win just for showing up. Secondly, the judges have never been related to a certain teams coach, and please don't pretend that everyone doesn't know which team you are speaking of. That is crap. It is the responsibility of the hosting school to provide KAPOS judges....ever heard of them? And, lastly, all schools in the county KNOW the rules. If the cheerleaders aren't practicing, whose fault is that? I should add that I've seen all of the squads, except BM, and JAC will be almost impossible to beat. They have the best tumblers (almost all of the girls have their back tucks) and their jumps are spot on! I also know that these girls work their hearts out 5-6 days a week and have a fantastic coach who truly cares about her girls. Plus, they've already won two bids to nationals, which they will attend in February. My advice, stop hating and complaining.
Tumbling has very little to do with the scoring. For those who want to know what the scores sheets look like, they are available online on the kapos website.
Cheerleading Mom

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Dec 30, 2009
JAC FAN wrote:
It's true the hosting school should get to pick the judges but they didn't because Anissa and Holly Alred already picked the judges so who do you think will win?
They the Ones

Zoe, KY

#19 Dec 30, 2009
Yes they pick the winners like they run the schools too. The JACs team does work very hard cause Holly makes them work hard. Ever heard her on those kids? Was at BMS and hear her scream at those girls for just talking to a woman. She sits on the side doing the cheers with the girls. They mess up she is mean to them. They are scared to do wrong. Not only does it affect thier cheerleading but their classwork too. My neice wont change schools because of her.
fair judging

Bolivar, MO

#20 Dec 30, 2009
JAC FAN wrote:
hey i never said the judges were related to a teams coach,i said i hope they are not related or friends of anyone on the team,but you sure do know a judge was related to a coach and no i don't have a clue to which team it was,but you have proven my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min usa 149,602
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 9 min -Prince- 4,611
***last post wins*** (May '11) 25 min Princess Hey 16,329
Word Association (Feb '15) 36 min Princess Hey 1,557
Angie smith is a rat 50 min Been there 8
the music thread (Jan '12) 3 hr Sharlene45 2,592
why do all women have dark orange stains in the... (Sep '10) 5 hr thangos 119

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance