United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Has anyone heard about Alpha buying BMR from Massey? Already? Geez, that is just mind boggling! I seen it on the website TATTOO. It is an investor and coal site. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? Hope they do not shut down!
what

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

What? My husband hasn't heard anything. I would like to know also because Christmas and bills. Lord, I hope not. Please someone post if you know for sure!
David

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Info wrote:
Has anyone heard about Alpha buying BMR from Massey? Already? Geez, that is just mind boggling! I seen it on the website TATTOO. It is an investor and coal site. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? Hope they do not shut down!
http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/05/1511796/ma...
its true
WOWWWWW

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

No it's not true. Is all the article said was they were considering a buyout from Alpha. The stocks had raised which is good for the company, that may be exactly what they need is a name change since Massey has such a bad one right now. If Alpha does buy it I dont see it as being such a bad thing. I don't see them spending Millions of dollars to idle a company. Honestly I think it will be exactly the same.

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

Alpha is a lot better to work for than Massey.
Nicely hung

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Info wrote:
NEW YORK -- Shares of coal miner Massey Energy Co. jumped more than 11 percent Friday on rumors of a takeover offer from rival Alpha Natural Resources.
The Wall Street Journal reported that Alpha Natural Resources Inc. was considering a buyout of the Richmond, Va., company. The Journal said Massey hired investment bank Perella Weinberg as an adviser on Alpha's possible bid and will review its options at a board meeting later this month.
Massey shares rose $4.73, or 11.2 percent, to close at $46.94, after trading as high as $48.12 earlier in the session. Alpha shares fell $1.26, or 2.8 percent, to close at $44.45.

Source N.Y. Times newspaper
buddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I was told they might close it a few weeks in Jan, Rumor is that they might do that to lay off and rehire at lower wages. We will see. Screws Christmas up not knowing for sure though.
woe

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

well if they do sell theres nuthin anyone can do.. just live with it and go with the flow.. which i think massey has bitten off more than they can chew..heard the same thing about jan.. lay offs for a few months till the company takes over and then they will call some back like always..
buddy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I wish Richard Gilliam would just buy it back! He was the best to work for. It's very wrong what they do to these coal miners
I was never one that liled union, but in this day and time they almost need one to keep jobs and benefits, and to know they will be taken care of at retirement! Times are changing, and I guess we also have to change with them!
woe

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

buddy wrote:
I wish Richard Gilliam would just buy it back! He was the best to work for. It's very wrong what they do to these coal miners
I was never one that liled union, but in this day and time they almost need one to keep jobs and benefits, and to know they will be taken care of at retirement! Times are changing, and I guess we also have to change with them!
yeah iknow wat u mean.. jobs r getting hard to get and pay cuts don't help pay the bills.. thats all we have in ky.. factory's yea right.. it takes too long to get them started and too many people are unemployed..
miner

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

its true alpha is buying out massey not just black mountain resources but everything that massey owns. alpha is paying $4.4 billion it was in the paper in VA last week

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min JOE NASTY 147,085
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 38 min Poofylova 1,022
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Quantummist 129,006
Road work 4 hr Tee 2
What Happened at the Dairy Hut today? 5 hr Shanna 18
LMP layoffs 6 hr i heared 3
facebook obscene photos 7 hr its 18
fight at walmart 7 hr wat ever 9
i am tired of pricks calling me a pervert 8 hr No shat 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••