“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2011
Well its about time for the Polk Sallet festival and guess who's supposed to be performing this year? Just like last year and the year before and the year before that and the year....aww heck you get the picture!

Eldon Huff that's who! JJEEESSHH Ain't ya tired of hearing that little high lighted hair imitator?
I cant stand nuth'in he sings! He's a wanna be that never will be! The only radio station that will even play his crap is Harlan's radio station.

And that song he sings putting down Harlan and its people makes me sick. We don't need his sympathy, and he aint no big time star that's above or better than other Harlan natives.

He's such a big star that the last time I heard he was BEGGING for money on his web site! HA HA! He's so broke he has to BUM money!

Why don't they schedule a group that really is on they're way to stardom and are actually talented and above all down to Earth? Like the Cumberland River Boys!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#2 May 17, 2011
He sucked last year and he'll suck this year cause he'll be singing the same ole songs.I walked around 3 hours and did not find any poke sallet..i was crushed.lol I had been gone for a couple of years and was looking forward to some poke sallet.
well

Baxter, KY

#3 May 17, 2011
I think he does pretty good.

Since: Dec 08

Harlan

#4 May 17, 2011
I usually shy away from the festival. I have to hire body gaurds to keep the men from throwing themselves at my feet as I pass. It just gets too expensive.
Seriously, I have no idea who Eldon Huff is and I haven't been to the festival in a few years. Why would a town keep hiring someone to play if they have songs that put the town down?
hmm

Manchester, KY

#5 May 17, 2011
When is the festival?
Did Not

United States

#6 May 17, 2011
Eldon Huff actually didn't perform at the Poke Sallet Festival last year.

Since: Dec 08

Harlan

#7 May 17, 2011
June 2-4. Kid's fun day is on Wednesday, June 1st.
FAN

Harlan, KY

#8 May 17, 2011
He was on tour with Eric Church Last year and I am glad he is going to be here this year....
Big FAN

United States

#10 May 19, 2011
Eldon Huff is awesome and the song hes sing about Harlan is call "WHERE I"M FROM" and its dont put anyboby down!!!! Eldon Huff is from Harlan and hes is the best perform to perform at the POKE SALLET FESTIVAL and if you don't like him then don't watch the shown!!!
Big FAN

United States

#11 May 19, 2011
hmm wrote:
When is the festival?
The Poke Sallet Festival is Jun 1-4 and Eldon Huff will be there on the 4 at 9pm!!
haters

Harlan, KY

#12 May 19, 2011
Why must you people hate on someone from Harlan that has gone on and at least attempted to do well? He could be like a lot of the deadbeats around here and on foodstamps, checks, etc. I'm glad for him and I wish him all the best and I don''t even know him or have even heard a song. I'm glad someone from here has the chance to do bigger and better things. Kudos to him! Good luck.
Birdie

Richmond, KY

#13 May 20, 2011
He has a nice package to play with if you get the chance!

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 May 20, 2011
Big FAN wrote:
Eldon Huff is awesome and the song hes sing about Harlan is call "WHERE I"M FROM" and its dont put anyboby down!!!! Eldon Huff is from Harlan and hes is the best perform to perform at the POKE SALLET FESTIVAL and if you don't like him then don't watch the shown!!!
Eldon Huff is a pretender and a wanna be that has got above his raising. His song "Where I come from" (or something like that) makes us sound like a bunch of inbred homeless druggies.

And hunny if I know for sure what night he is going to be there. Trust me I WILL NOT WATCH HIM!

Not only has he put us down with his music, he has NO TALENT whatsoever! And HE IS begging for money ion his web site. Or at least he was!
FAN

Harlan, KY

#15 May 20, 2011
rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Eldon Huff is a pretender and a wanna be that has got above his raising. His song "Where I come from" (or something like that) makes us sound like a bunch of inbred homeless druggies.
And hunny if I know for sure what night he is going to be there. Trust me I WILL NOT WATCH HIM!
Not only has he put us down with his music, he has NO TALENT whatsoever! And HE IS begging for money ion his web site. Or at least he was!
well it's not hard to find out for sure when he will be there.. June 4th 9:30 pm to 11:30 pm and I will definitely be there . why do people get so defensive .
???.6)$?

United States

#16 May 20, 2011
rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>Eldon Huff is a pretender and a wanna be that has got above his raising. His song "Where I come from" (or something like that) makes us sound like a bunch of inbred homeless druggies.

You sound like a women in this stupid ass post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min Cczar 169,050
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 5,227
Taco Bell (Apr '17) 11 hr know it all 37
HCHS football 12 hr know it all 13
Girl at mcdonalds 12 hr know it all 16
Coal Miner Bike Club (Mar '11) 12 hr know it all 43
Beside Pizza Hut. 12 hr Ugh 3

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages