Lone mountain
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
2nd shift

Harlan, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2012
They put us back to 9 hours a day and called back some of the men that were laid off
guest

London, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Thats awesome to hear. Would love to see all the laid off miners put back to work...
guest

Harlan, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2012
That is great news !!!
coal

Hyden, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2012
will come back the gov. signed that big contract with India for 25 yrs last week.that helped lot mines right their.
momma knows

United States

#5 Nov 26, 2012
yup seems like coals pickin back up lil by lil.. hubby got his 9hr shift back too..
YoBreathStnks

Harlan, KY

#6 Nov 27, 2012
I guess you will all be democrats again?
coaloutky

Krypton, KY

#7 Nov 27, 2012
The only reason big coal ordered the layoffs before the election was to encourage you retards to vote republican. You people are truly sheeple.
They will use you until you are no longer profitable to them, or until you consume enough of the deadly mercury that you pollute your own air with, and die.
coaloutky

Krypton, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2012
BTW- save plenty of money to make it to hospitals on. Your kids and grandchildren are, and will continue to suffer the consequences of your greed coaltards.
Like you care.
knows

Harlan, KY

#9 Nov 27, 2012
coaloutky wrote:
The only reason big coal ordered the layoffs before the election was to encourage you retards to vote republican. You people are truly sheeple.
They will use you until you are no longer profitable to them, or until you consume enough of the deadly mercury that you pollute your own air with, and die.
hey fool when the coal mines shuts down there gos your welfare and food stams
good word

Waxhaw, NC

#11 Nov 27, 2012
Did you all hear about the callbacks and hiring of 650 new miners by Southern.? They own a Harlan mine..
YoBreathStnks

Harlan, KY

#12 Nov 28, 2012
knows wrote:
<quoted text>hey fool when the coal mines shuts down there gos your welfare and food stams
You had better find one of those charities that pay for an education. From that sentence I'm pretty sure if the mines closed you'd be two levels of fracked.
ind

Hyden, KY

#13 Nov 28, 2012
a chance that some could be thinking god for the food stamps and welfare when times get rough be glad they are their.that why we all pay taxes for them so use them when they are needed.got feed the children..
knows

Harlan, KY

#14 Nov 28, 2012
YoBreathStnks wrote:
<quoted text>
You had better find one of those charities that pay for an education. From that sentence I'm pretty sure if the mines closed you'd be two levels of fracked.
well hell at least i do work i dont relye on social services and food stamps like u retart
southern man

United States

#15 Nov 28, 2012
good word wrote:
Did you all hear about the callbacks and hiring of 650 new miners by Southern.? They own a Harlan mine..
buying more and doing contracts with smaller mines.in harlan Va Ga co .
But those numbers are for Va and ky.
Thank god
hmmm

Charlotte, NC

#16 Nov 28, 2012
Where are all of the grateful coalminer comments? I stood with them and prayed for them at their request. This is what we fought for and I'm very grateful even if we were lied to and very gullible. Thank you Obama and your supporters. I see clearly now that myself and several others were used as pawns for political purposes. We were turned against a Union that is good and deserves an apology.
that

Hyden, KY

#17 Nov 28, 2012
ind wrote:
a chance that some could be thinking god for the food stamps and welfare when times get rough be glad they are their.that why we all pay taxes for them so use them when they are needed.got feed the children..
is true. People may need that safety net to get by until they can get other jobs or go back to school.
and

Hyden, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2012
ind wrote:
a chance that some could be thinking god for the food stamps and welfare when times get rough be glad they are their.that why we all pay taxes for them so use them when they are needed.got feed the children..
Hey there hot stuff..
YoBreathStnks

Harlan, KY

#19 Nov 30, 2012
knows wrote:
<quoted text>well hell at least i do work i dont relye on social services and food stamps like u retart
There it is. The ol' welfare comment. That is the popular retort of the terminally stupid.

I think your the dumbest SOB on the planet hence I must be on welfare.

Come back when you have something smarter than the most overused hillbilly pointless insult on Topix.
YoBreathStnks

Harlan, KY

#20 Nov 30, 2012
hmmm wrote:
Where are all of the grateful coalminer comments? I stood with them and prayed for them at their request. This is what we fought for and I'm very grateful even if we were lied to and very gullible. Thank you Obama and your supporters. I see clearly now that myself and several others were used as pawns for political purposes. We were turned against a Union that is good and deserves an apology.
They're in the same place they were in 2008 when millions of people got laid off while Big Daddy Bush was president. They're in the mines making sure the last 20 years of their life won't be worth $hit.
knows

Harlan, KY

#21 Nov 30, 2012
YoBreathStnks wrote:
<quoted text>
They're in the same place they were in 2008 when millions of people got laid off while Big Daddy Bush was president. They're in the mines making sure the last 20 years of their life won't be worth $hit.
well after reading your comment i dont have to say anything u did a wonderful job showing how stupid u really are lol you are a idiot in real life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 168,780
Harley Thompson (Oct '13) 12 hr Truth Hurts 17
Old man and troopers at HARH 16 hr Curious 3
John baker from cawood 17 hr Commonsense 6
Walmart sucks (May '12) Mon Mike 30
ruby marlow (Nov '16) Mon cracker 5
Midnight Madness Scavenger Hunt COMES TO HARLAN Mon Tourist 1

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages