Will Josh Shanks get thru drug court ...
carrie_58

Harlan, KY

#21 Jul 29, 2009
Seems to me he has had to many chances theirs plenty of people that would love to have that many chances.It's about time for him to do his time.
AntiYou

Floyds Knobs, IN

#22 Jul 29, 2009
As for Josh Shanks, he can rot in hell for all I care. He was a POS when I knew him and from what I've heard, old habits die hard. So yeah, hopefully he'll just do us all a favor and OD somewhere. That's how he can repay his debt to society. lol His mama sleeps his way out of trouble and Daddy pays his way out of everything else. Josh is a professional loser.

beelzebubb, what's your deal? You bitch about vets not getting jobs in Harlan, and now you're on the Shanks thread bitching about vets! lol Do you want people to bow to you in the street or what? Sorry, but Harlan is probalby gonna be nicer to you than anywhere else in the US. Get over yourself! Do you have experience for these jobs your trying for, or are you just walking into places saying, "I'm a VET!!! Gimme a job, and wipe my ass for me while I'm at it. " Sheesh!!
HmmHmm

Baxter, KY

#23 Jul 29, 2009
Omg well thats kinda harsh..Well maybe he just has some luck..its not his fault what kind of family he was brought into..maybe someday he will get what he needs but until then he is gonna continue doing what he loves to do while he still has SOME freedom..but wanting someone to die is a lil too much for anyone..
AntiYou

Floyds Knobs, IN

#24 Jul 29, 2009
Harsh? Nah, not really. I mean, just look at his latest mug shot. He's grinning and having a good 'ol time. It's obvious that he has learned nothing, and drug court will do nothing to change that. There comes a time when people go from being folks who have made mistakes that they are sorry for and trying to reform to where they're just burdens on society, plain and simple. Unfortunately, Josh is in the latter category.
HmmHmm

Baxter, KY

#25 Jul 29, 2009
I think its funny that he is smiling..just shows he dont care and that he is having fun with life..he knows what he does wrong but he dont care..thats just how he lives his life..so i think ppl should just get over it..i hope he does get through drug court cause id like to see him again in Harlan sometime..that would be cool!
beelzebubb

United States

#26 Jul 29, 2009
No I don't want people to bow to me in the street's, they should bow to every vet who has ever served his country, while pos like Shanks and others live off the pain of others and people like you kiss there ass, have you ever served your county, thats why they need a draft, for people like you and yes I am more than qualified for jobs I have applied for, I don't know you antiyou, and have nothing bad to say about you, but just take one miniute out of your busy day and think about the young men and women that have went through pure hell in Iraq and Afghanistan, where were you at....Case Closed.
HmmHmm

Baxter, KY

#27 Jul 29, 2009
I mean i agree with the whole serving ur country part cause my boyfriend is a proud member of the Army National Guard and my best friends brother is one too who has served in Iraq and im very proud of all who serve but that doesnt mean that they NEED a better job than everyone else..i mean they deserve to have a job but sometimes it just doesnt work out.My best friends brother is a cop so i believe thats where all the soldiers go to when they have served is to be a cop..firefighter..and whatever else in that category..so just give it time..ur time will come.
beelzebubb

United States

#28 Jul 30, 2009
A cop, firefighter? Naw baby, every soldier, sailor, marine or airman don't want to be a cop. All I was saying is that Harlan county will baby and wipe a junkies ass and give them every chance under the sun to live a productive life. Men and women who take their time to serve, deserve better. Do you think if a vet came home and did some of the things Mr. Shanks has done would get a chance, no he or she wouldn't. The thing that sets me and Mr. Shanks apart is he is a wannabe shootem up tough guy dealing poision. Some people will never understand what its like to take a life and watch a friend get his head blowed off infront of you, that dosn't make me any tougher or badder than anybody else and it brings back really bad memories, I went to college got a Bachelors degree, anywhere else in the country that counts for something but not here it your last name and who's ass mommy and daddy's kissin. Take the Vietnam vets for instance they have gotten the worst deal in America, just ask one. At least Ron Johnson served his country, and probably would throw some of these sorry asses in the pen not the Harlan County Country Club.

Since: Apr 09

Baxter, KY

#29 Jul 30, 2009
Josh will be josh until the day he dies. Outwardly, he can be friendly and kind, but would steal your clothes off of you if he could. He has alot of problems to clean up and take care of, and has many enemies in the county, and I aint one of them. I know his family and like them, but he has a long way to go to get himself straightened up. I thought Alred told him to not come back to Harlan. Whats up with that?
Richard

United States

#30 Jul 30, 2009
JOSH does not have a huge heart. He is a selfish POS. I have saw him treat people, good people terribly. I have no sympathy for him. And as for you saying he isnt responsible for his actions. uh yeah he is. He is a grown as.s 30 year old man.
good citizen

Richmond, KY

#31 Jul 30, 2009
one simple answer to this post.........no
In the know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#32 Jul 30, 2009
sounds like we have a lot of "friends" mad, you take thier money and then "did them) wrong", good luck in the life you have left!!!!!! a friend
prcleburne

Murfreesboro, TN

#33 Jul 31, 2009
I know Josh very well. He is a fine Christian young man who truly loves his family,especially his mother and his children. I know his mother as well,and she is one of the finest people I know. Instead of trashing Josh, let's say a prayer for him and his family, in the hope he will get his life on the right track.
AntiYou

Floyds Knobs, IN

#34 Jul 31, 2009
prcleburne wrote:
I know Josh very well. He is a fine Christian young man who truly loves his family,especially his mother and his children. I know his mother as well,and she is one of the finest people I know. Instead of trashing Josh, let's say a prayer for him and his family, in the hope he will get his life on the right track.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! oh, that's priceless.
HmmHmm

United States

#36 Jul 31, 2009
well "AntiYou" i think u are just going to have to deal with ur problems because Josh is gonna be Josh until he dies..im sure u will be alright!
broke back mountian

Harlan, KY

#37 Jul 31, 2009
josh was on john clems nuts tonight at the horse show why do you think he will finish drug court in 5 months????????
wellwell

London, KY

#38 Aug 1, 2009
josh is crap. he stole checks off his grandmother and tried to cash them. i know cause he tried to get me to cash them. he couldn't even make out a check right. so i called his mother. she called the police and then came down to get him. but this has been years ago. i think he needs to stand half nude in the middle of wal-mart parking lot holding a sign saying he is a thief and let everyone that passes by laugh at him and give him a good butt bustin after that he may clean up who knows.
hmmm

Harlan, KY

#39 Aug 1, 2009
AntiYou wrote:
Harsh? Nah, not really. I mean, just look at his latest mug shot. He's grinning and having a good 'ol time. It's obvious that he has learned nothing, and drug court will do nothing to change that. There comes a time when people go from being folks who have made mistakes that they are sorry for and trying to reform to where they're just burdens on society, plain and simple. Unfortunately, Josh is in the latter category.
You are right. And he grins in all of his mugshots, all 20+ arrests.

SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 6/1/2009
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 2/21/2008
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 9/5/2007
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 3/29/2007
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 3/21/2007
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 1/31/2007
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 6/20/2006
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 4/26/2006
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 9/14/2005
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 8/30/2005
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 6/8/2005
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 4/14/2005
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 6/25/2004
SHANKS JOSHUA A 8/20/2003
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 4/9/2003
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 4/6/2003
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 8/26/2002
SHANKS JOSHUA ALAN 6/20/2001
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 4/6/2001
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 8/23/1999
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 7/22/1999
SHANKS JOSHUA ALLEN 7/17/1999

www.harlandc.com
prcleburne

Murfreesboro, TN

#41 Aug 1, 2009
AntiYou-
I hope you appreciate satire when you see it. In truth, I do think his(Josh's) mother is a good person, and I am concerned for his children. Apparently, the children's mother is not exactly a positive role model. I do think we should keep the children in our prayers.
prcleburne

Murfreesboro, TN

#42 Aug 1, 2009
Beelzebub-
For what it's worth, I appreciate your concern for the veterans. I am an ex-Marine (actually, there is no such thing-" Once a Marine,always a Marine")- and a VietNam vet. Semper Fi.
PRC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Negan 165,498
Single????? 6 hr Luke Aldean 2
Lone Mt up for sale 6 hr curious 34
David owens 12 hr The boss 6
roy cox from sunhine murdered in 1987 (Aug '12) 13 hr Saddenend 39
tv repair 17 hr Tvman 2
My boyfriend will not go down on me... Wed I hate everything 14

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages