Are you prepping, or still bullshittin'?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#21 Jan 8, 2013
NBK wrote:
<quoted text>well most of what we keep down there is in jars but I do keep potatoes and such but only in the first chamber which is more like a vent than the actual cave system now deeper in the cave is wet because of the stream that runs through it the vent goes down not back and has rooms or chambers as I call them.
Tell your wife if lady bugs are luckey I have all the luck in the world someone told me the reason I have them so bad is because I laced the whole mountain side with wild flowers I'm not sure but their is a lot of them.
It's good you are stocking food. You will not be sorry for doing that in the event some disaster happens. Don't forget to have some type of water purification system in place in the event the water gets contaminated.

My wife says you are one lucky person for sure with all of those lady bugs! ha
you have

Wooton, KY

#22 Jan 8, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Okay, what are you going to put it on..
to wait until the map is made..no food under ground yet.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#23 Jan 8, 2013
you have wrote:
<quoted text>to wait until the map is made..no food under ground yet.
Oh..you're going to put it on me..what part..
i am

Wooton, KY

#24 Jan 8, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh..you're going to put it on me..what part..
thinking .
yes

Wooton, KY

#25 Jan 8, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good you are stocking food. You will not be sorry for doing that in the event some disaster happens. Don't forget to have some type of water purification system in place in the event the water gets contaminated.
My wife says you are one lucky person for sure with all of those lady bugs! ha
jimmy its good to lay away for a rainy day.good advice for your friends and all should listen that cant live off the land it might get bad.if any place you end up and the super mkt.is just all around you then you better stock up.you going starve to death in little while or get poisoned by bad water.and living of the land if you not born into it is dangerous.so many things you must know.you cant learn that in a class room.as far as me any where i am at the super mkt. is all around me. in any season.or any place i am at.i can whip up a good meal in what some think is nothing their.their always bundles of food and clean water all around any where you at .but if you don't know where its at and how to get it then you in trouble.their for i don't wary about a dollar collapse.never did never will.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#26 Jan 9, 2013
i am wrote:
<quoted text>thinking .
let me know how the thinking goes..lol..
NBK

United States

#27 Jan 9, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>jimmy its good to lay away for a rainy day.good advice for your friends and all should listen that cant live off the land it might get bad.if any place you end up and the super mkt.is just all around you then you better stock up.you going starve to death in little while or get poisoned by bad water.and living of the land if you not born into it is dangerous.so many things you must know.you cant learn that in a class room.as far as me any where i am at the super mkt. is all around me. in any season.or any place i am at.i can whip up a good meal in what some think is nothing their.their always bundles of food and clean water all around any where you at .but if you don't know where its at and how to get it then you in trouble.their for i don't wary about a dollar collapse.never did never will.
this is true when I was a kid I allways wondered why do I need to know how to grow food and why do I need to learn how to can it and why do I need to know how to dry my meats?
it was some years latter that I relized I was being taught a lost art and that my mountain heritage was very useful and was very glad my grandfather and father taught me these skills and that I was able to show my kids things like ginsing and how to grow a garden and where to look for water and what to look for in it and how to build somthing from what the mountain gives you.
It is not for everyone but it is somthing money could never buy to me and my family it is a way of life that I would not trade for nothing on earth.
yes

Wooton, KY

#28 Jan 10, 2013
NBK wrote:
<quoted text>this is true when I was a kid I allways wondered why do I need to know how to grow food and why do I need to learn how to can it and why do I need to know how to dry my meats?
it was some years latter that I relized I was being taught a lost art and that my mountain heritage was very useful and was very glad my grandfather and father taught me these skills and that I was able to show my kids things like ginsing and how to grow a garden and where to look for water and what to look for in it and how to build somthing from what the mountain gives you.
It is not for everyone but it is somthing money could never buy to me and my family it is a way of life that I would not trade for nothing on earth.
its worth more of any thing else you could have learned now you know what to do and how to do it.that's a comfort and a luxury that even the most richest don't have .most them would die or get shot trying protect their food and water if ever thing came to a stop.the way you have learned is a good way.with your way and my ways you combine them you have a rock bottom survival plan.making clean water is simple.and living off the land is simple and can be very exciting and lots of just ever day fun.even without guns to hunt with the snare is more useful than a gun in hunting big game and small.if you know how use them and make them.and growing food .you can grow it without much effort at all in many places no body would ever know .root crops are one the best .they store them selves lot time from yr to yr.you don't have to gather them just go dig them as you need them.a river or any small stream is loaded with great food.plenty .a dry hot mountain has plenty food their.just for the taking .their food ever where you just got to know where it is and have the skill to bring it to the kitchen.so when i say the super mkt is all around that's true but the best part is their no charge.
I can

Hyden, KY

#29 Jan 10, 2013
grow flowers..
cool

Wooton, KY

#30 Jan 10, 2013
I can wrote:
grow flowers..
that one of the things most enjoyed by ever body what a gal.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#31 Jan 10, 2013
cool wrote:
<quoted text>that one of the things most enjoyed by ever body what a gal.
lol..
yes

Wooton, KY

#32 Jan 10, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..
lol.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#33 Jan 10, 2013
yes wrote:
<quoted text>lol.
lolol..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 174,874
Word Association (Feb '15) 11 min JuanDeCarlos 1,956
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 12 min JuanDeCarlos 5,762
NEW GAME*****Last Word + 2**** 13 min JuanDeCarlos 79
keep a word + drop a word (Nov '11) 14 min JuanDeCarlos 6,051
Ashe 19 min Wow 3
***last post wins*** (May '11) 54 min Princess Hey 17,827

Harlan Jobs

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages