Are you prepping, or still bullshittin'?

Posted in the Harlan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#1 Jan 4, 2013
Ready for the EMPs?(Electromagnetic pulse from solar flares, or from a nuke attack).

Ready for the masses trying to escape the cities looking for food, shelter, actually, your food, your house?

Could you survive if the American financial system collapsed? Money being worth not a penny.

Could you survive if all of the grocery store shelves were emptied?

Could you survive in mass civil unrest?

Why is the government building underground bunkers coast to coast? Why are there FEMA camps being built like prisons? Why are lakes being emptied such as the Great Lakes, and heading to China?

Why is there a run on semi-auto guns now, but now since the Newtown school shootings, many people seem to want to get rid of them?

Are you ready for any disaster such as the San Madrid earthquake going off?

Are you prepping, or still bullshittin' around?

If you are half smart and prepping, what are you prepping for?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#2 Jan 6, 2013
Bullshittin' I suppose.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 6, 2013
looks like dumbo rants has been watching a little too much of jesse ventura's conspiracy theory show. jesse ventura is an idiot and so is rants for believing him. i guess dumbo rants thinks there are lizard people amongst us too. there's not going to be any civil unrest and this country is not going to collapse. there are no fema prisons being built and the lakes aren't being drained. rants is a delusional moron!
going down

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2013
Jimmy rants is a loser who has no life a retard who rode the short bus when he was in school.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#5 Jan 7, 2013
dumbo_rants wrote:
looks like dumbo rants has been watching a little too much of jesse ventura's conspiracy theory show. jesse ventura is an idiot and so is rants for believing him. i guess dumbo rants thinks there are lizard people amongst us too. there's not going to be any civil unrest and this country is not going to collapse. there are no fema prisons being built and the lakes aren't being drained. rants is a delusional moron!
It was reported yesterday the Great Lakes is 18 inches lower than it was a month ago.

No, not Jesse Ventura, but I do watch some of his shows. It makes more sense than devils, demons, satan, hell, and a talking snake I will admit.

Lizard people are not believable to me, and now military people are calling FEMA camps prisons. Take that issue up with the military since I do not know.

Do this. Do nothing, and if America bottoms out, you get flushed down the toilet with the rest of the scum walking around.
NBK

United States

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
It was reported yesterday the Great Lakes is 18 inches lower than it was a month ago.
No, not Jesse Ventura, but I do watch some of his shows. It makes more sense than devils, demons, satan, hell, and a talking snake I will admit.
Lizard people are not believable to me, and now military people are calling FEMA camps prisons. Take that issue up with the military since I do not know.
Do this. Do nothing, and if America bottoms out, you get flushed down the toilet with the rest of the scum walking around.
the lakes around here are fine probly down some but that is every year spring comes we close the dams and the lakes go back up as far as the great lakes its nature my friend it happens Norris lake in tn. Almost dried up a few years back but I think its doing fine
Cherokee lake in tn looked horibal a few years back and still not back to normal but getting better.
F.E.M.A camps well all are out your way what diese that tell you ? I won't deny these camps do look like little prison camps here is a thought getmo not really working and the war has yet to begin the whole middle east is gearing up for war you don't think the U.S put 3 bases on the Iran border by mistake do you and each of those bases are as big as say new york city (no lie) and then we have big bases in afgan. Not as big as the ones in Iraq but stil.
those bunkers you talk about the goverment building yes it is true but we have been doing this for 50+ years who knows what they are doing with them maybe more comand centers (like the one out your way) in case of a invaison got to be prepared for anything or just labs under ground that way contament can be kept. On whatever they are working on who knows I'm just guessing.
mamamia

Versailles, KY

#7 Jan 7, 2013
Us smart people have been prepping since your king Obama was reelected!

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#8 Jan 7, 2013
NBK wrote:
<quoted text>the lakes around here are fine probly down some but that is every year spring comes we close the dams and the lakes go back up as far as the great lakes its nature my friend it happens Norris lake in tn. Almost dried up a few years back but I think its doing fine
Cherokee lake in tn looked horibal a few years back and still not back to normal but getting better.
F.E.M.A camps well all are out your way what diese that tell you ? I won't deny these camps do look like little prison camps here is a thought getmo not really working and the war has yet to begin the whole middle east is gearing up for war you don't think the U.S put 3 bases on the Iran border by mistake do you and each of those bases are as big as say new york city (no lie) and then we have big bases in afgan. Not as big as the ones in Iraq but stil.
those bunkers you talk about the goverment building yes it is true but we have been doing this for 50+ years who knows what they are doing with them maybe more comand centers (like the one out your way) in case of a invaison got to be prepared for anything or just labs under ground that way contament can be kept. On whatever they are working on who knows I'm just guessing.
The Great Lakes are like an ocean, not a state park type of lake. It's massive.

Lake Mead and Lake Powell water tables are also down approx 15-18 inches in Nevada/California. T Boone Pickens also bought the largest water aquifer in Texas, and is planning to sell the water to China. Those who own the water supply, is the power.

True about underground bunkers have being built since the Cuban missile crisis in the 60s, but these bunkers today are being built at warp speed from coast. I mean luxury bunkers. Many military officers are building bunkers in record numbers. This information can be found from the bunker builders themselves, but they will not say who, or where. Atlas Bunker Company is one such company. This tells me something. One massive bunker goes from the Denver Airport to NORAD. That's about a 90 mile tunnel that leads to the worlds strongest and safest granite mountain bunker that use to track incoming ICBMs called NORAD. The military moved NORAD from the mountain to an Air Force Base just a few miles away in an above the ground building. That was dumb. NORAD was shut down so the elite could have a place to escape to in the event of a major natural disaster. A 1000 people could live in NORAD indefinitely.

Many people prep for different reasons. I am not worried about a nuclear attack, but I do worry about a possible economic disaster that would create civil unrest from coast to coast.

Some people prep for the San Madrid earthquake, tornadoes, hurricanes, dirty bombs, the electric power grid goes down, civil unrest, fires, interruption of food sources/food shortages, climate change, job loss, solar flares, pole shifts, and many other reasons.

I do not live my life in fear of a disaster, but should one happen, I want to be in a position to protect my family, no matter what the disaster is.

The only thing I am trying to do here now is try to get people to think, if something bad happens, would you be ready to deal with it. Would you have a back up plan?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#9 Jan 7, 2013
mamamia wrote:
Us smart people have been prepping since your king Obama was reelected!
All people who prep are smart no matter the reason, or who is president.

If Russia, or China lobbed a nuke this way, how could you blame Obama? You would have to blame the country who sent America the nuke.
NBK

United States

#10 Jan 7, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
The Great Lakes are like an ocean, not a state park type of lake. It's massive.
Lake Mead and Lake Powell water tables are also down approx 15-18 inches in Nevada/California. T Boone Pickens also bought the largest water aquifer in Texas, and is planning to sell the water to China. Those who own the water supply, is the power.
True about underground bunkers have being built since the Cuban missile crisis in the 60s, but these bunkers today are being built at warp speed from coast. I mean luxury bunkers. Many military officers are building bunkers in record numbers. This information can be found from the bunker builders themselves, but they will not say who, or where. Atlas Bunker Company is one such company. This tells me something. One massive bunker goes from the Denver Airport to NORAD. That's about a 90 mile tunnel that leads to the worlds strongest and safest granite mountain bunker that use to track incoming ICBMs called NORAD. The military moved NORAD from the mountain to an Air Force Base just a few miles away in an above the ground building. That was dumb. NORAD was shut down so the elite could have a place to escape to in the event of a major natural disaster. A 1000 people could live in NORAD indefinitely.
Many people prep for different reasons. I am not worried about a nuclear attack, but I do worry about a possible economic disaster that would create civil unrest from coast to coast.
Some people prep for the San Madrid earthquake, tornadoes, hurricanes, dirty bombs, the electric power grid goes down, civil unrest, fires, interruption of food sources/food shortages, climate change, job loss, solar flares, pole shifts, and many other reasons.
I do not live my life in fear of a disaster, but should one happen, I want to be in a position to protect my family, no matter what the disaster is.
The only thing I am trying to do here now is try to get people to think, if something bad happens, would you be ready to deal with it. Would you have a back up plan?
I under stand these lakes are massive and the water table has been droping for a few years as far as a reason blame it on global warming every one else does when they can't explain mother nature me personally I use wells ,springs and such and test my watter often.
As for the bunkers you can buy one if you have the land and money and if it is somthing you can afford it is a good idea they are useful and fun to have I have a cabin built on a cave and I have done some work for comfort it has a few chambers and goes deep enough to have very good water in the bottom don't know if I will ever need it but it is fun to have I stay in it often.
To me prepping is a hobby my great grandfather started it and taught his kids how to survive without out side influence and it has just been past down with each generation adding somthing new I enjoyed it as a child and so did my children its fun and if you ever need it you have it.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#11 Jan 7, 2013
NBK wrote:
<quoted text>I under stand these lakes are massive and the water table has been droping for a few years as far as a reason blame it on global warming every one else does when they can't explain mother nature me personally I use wells ,springs and such and test my watter often.
As for the bunkers you can buy one if you have the land and money and if it is somthing you can afford it is a good idea they are useful and fun to have I have a cabin built on a cave and I have done some work for comfort it has a few chambers and goes deep enough to have very good water in the bottom don't know if I will ever need it but it is fun to have I stay in it often.
To me prepping is a hobby my great grandfather started it and taught his kids how to survive without out side influence and it has just been past down with each generation adding somthing new I enjoyed it as a child and so did my children its fun and if you ever need it you have it.
I do know water is lost also by evaporation.

There was a report, that showed where the Great Lakes were being drained, and at a place way out of site. T. Boone Pickens said he could make one billion dollars at least selling water, Texas water, legally to China. There are pictures of huge balloon type of containers that hold hundreds of thousands of gallons of water being pulled by huge freighters headed to China. I mean like 10 huge balloon containers being pulled. Many ships are pulling water galore. They do not hide it either.

The cabin you are describing is impressive built over a cave system, as long as it is not too wet inside. I say that because the dampness would spoil large amounts of stored food.

Prepping is a hobby or sorts, and is new to me and my wife. It's something to do together, and it makes us feel a little safer by what we are doing.

I'm not a doomsdayer, but I like being prepared, just in case.
NBK

United States

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know water is lost also by evaporation.
There was a report, that showed where the Great Lakes were being drained, and at a place way out of site. T. Boone Pickens said he could make one billion dollars at least selling water, Texas water, legally to China. There are pictures of huge balloon type of containers that hold hundreds of thousands of gallons of water being pulled by huge freighters headed to China. I mean like 10 huge balloon containers being pulled. Many ships are pulling water galore. They do not hide it either.
The cabin you are describing is impressive built over a cave system, as long as it is not too wet inside. I say that because the dampness would spoil large amounts of stored food.
Prepping is a hobby or sorts, and is new to me and my wife. It's something to do together, and it makes us feel a little safer by what we are doing.
I'm not a doomsdayer, but I like being prepared, just in case.
I really don't have problems with moisture it seems the last few years lady bugs is my enemy lol don't know why but they are every where.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#13 Jan 8, 2013
NBK wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't have problems with moisture it seems the last few years lady bugs is my enemy lol don't know why but they are every where.
I remember when I lived in Harlan County, many years ago, I saw a lot of lady bugs in the summer time. I was told law enforcement dumps them out of helicopters to help destroy the pot crop. I do not know if this is true of not.

Good that you do not have moisture problems in the cave, because dampness is the enemy of storing food safely for long periods of time.

My wife says lady bugs are good luck. lol
NBK

United States

#14 Jan 8, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when I lived in Harlan County, many years ago, I saw a lot of lady bugs in the summer time. I was told law enforcement dumps them out of helicopters to help destroy the pot crop. I do not know if this is true of not.
Good that you do not have moisture problems in the cave, because dampness is the enemy of storing food safely for long periods of time.
My wife says lady bugs are good luck. lol
well most of what we keep down there is in jars but I do keep potatoes and such but only in the first chamber which is more like a vent than the actual cave system now deeper in the cave is wet because of the stream that runs through it the vent goes down not back and has rooms or chambers as I call them.
Tell your wife if lady bugs are luckey I have all the luck in the world someone told me the reason I have them so bad is because I laced the whole mountain side with wild flowers I'm not sure but their is a lot of them.
liberal

Wooton, KY

#15 Jan 8, 2013
if i was going to prep for a national break down,as a native American i would go with dried and canned foods like a weeks supply buried under ground marked on a map.and just move from place to place and use then as they are marked.that way i would not have to wary about fighting off the rest.just keep moving setting up for a week at a time away from all the mess.foods last longer under ground as well as water.
yes

Hyden, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2013
What is you lose the map? lol..
then

Wooton, KY

#17 Jan 8, 2013
yes wrote:
What is you lose the map? lol..
i would come look on you and find it. ha ha...
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#18 Jan 8, 2013
then wrote:
<quoted text>i would come look on you and find it. ha ha...
lol...you think I would steal the map..haha..I might..
hehehe

Wooton, KY

#19 Jan 8, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you think I would steal the map..haha..I might..
i never said what i would put the map on now did i. hahaha.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2013
hehehe wrote:
<quoted text>i never said what i would put the map on now did i. hahaha.
LOL! Okay, what are you going to put it on..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 34 min HUH 170,674
Is Smoking or Drinking a Sin???? 1 hr The Smoking Drunkard 1
Horizons 1 hr Eagle eye 1
***last post wins*** (May '11) 2 hr Mark mark 17,624
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 5,239
Did Mae hire a security guard at Hensley grocer... 4 hr Sawbriar 3
Meth Wh***s 7 hr janehur 2

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance