Next Last
wonderin g

Manchester, KY

#1 Mar 22, 2009
What do you know about the hope center. DOES IT WORK>
Informed

London, KY

#2 Mar 22, 2009
From what i'm hearing, these girls go to harlan, sell pills, do pills and are a bad influence on harlan business. I also heard that they had that place on lock-down due to having tested them and all of them had tested positive for drugs. So it does not seem to be working at all!!!!!!
shadey

Harlan, KY

#3 Mar 22, 2009
place isnt working then
wonderin g

Somerset, KY

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Well I have heard quiet some interesting things about it, Are they really let out in harlan to roam the streets.
Whooty Who

London, KY

#5 Mar 23, 2009
I heard they were allowed to roam during the day....
Good thing

Pikeville, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2009
I've been to the hope center before to listen in on one of their meetings, they do "roam" during the day. But this is not their choice, they have classes that they attend throughout the entire day and they bring them down early in the morning and then come back and get them later in the day. It is working. I've witnessed many people getting lots of help in there. But at the same time you are going to have those few who go back to it. Doesn't mean it's not working.
yea right

London, KY

#7 Mar 24, 2009
they might be in harlan durning the day.but alot of them are selling there ass at 38 quick stop in the evening.thats a fact.
thefuture

United States

#8 Mar 24, 2009
Soooooo it's not working
Understand

Pikeville, KY

#9 Mar 24, 2009
You all are thinking too much into this. These people are girls who are addicted to drugs and who are at least TRYING to get help. Not everyone is going to work out perfectly, or get the full help, or take full advantage of what they're being offered. These girls have gone through a LOT and unfortunately do seek other things to make themselves feel better. Instead of always beating them down, why don't you step back and thank God that you're not in the shape they are in and pray for them. IMO Anyone who puts them down like that is just as bad as they are in my book.
Mandy

London, KY

#10 Mar 24, 2009
Understand wrote:
You all are thinking too much into this. These people are girls who are addicted to drugs and who are at least TRYING to get help. Not everyone is going to work out perfectly, or get the full help, or take full advantage of what they're being offered. These girls have gone through a LOT and unfortunately do seek other things to make themselves feel better. Instead of always beating them down, why don't you step back and thank God that you're not in the shape they are in and pray for them. IMO Anyone who puts them down like that is just as bad as they are in my book.
Well how about the children of these women. He!! they are getting free room and board three meal a day. all at the tax payers expense. Well did their kids get this treatment.
Understand

Pikeville, KY

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text> Well how about the children of these women. He!! they are getting free room and board three meal a day. all at the tax payers expense. Well did their kids get this treatment.
Well apparently something has changed over the past couple of months, because when I was there, there was no children there. I never once seen a child there. I heard them talk about leaving their children and families back home though. And everything that I seen that was there, was donated, not through government money or taxpayers, it was people off the streets, and doctors, and churches that were donating these things to them. They have a Hope List or Wish List something like that that is beside of the sign in sheet as you come in full of things that they are asking people to donate to them because they don't get things from the government. So unless it's changed or something, that was what was going on when I visited there
I do

Harlan, KY

#12 Apr 2, 2009
Leave it to a forum to trash something to help people. IF anyone really has been up there, you will see this is one of the greatest gift anyone could recieve. Its for addicts. This is a God send people. Wake up, support something for a change. IF you cannot say anything nice, don't say a word.
Citizen

Cynthiana, KY

#13 Apr 3, 2009
It is a positive thing for the community. Please embrace it. Nothing is perfect, but let's support this thing and hope it helps!!!!
-Sad to Say-

Richmond, KY

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Everytime I go toward Evarts and see this place it PISSES me off. Imagine if that money had want toward a YMCA... wouldn't that have helped the drug problem more. WAKE UP people, we fix the problem by taching our children right, giving them things to do other than DRUGS!!!
Someone Who Knows

Richmond, KY

#15 Apr 10, 2009
The Hope Center is an amazing thing! It changes lives! Furthermore, there are a few bad apples in every bunch, so the whole group can not be judged, by something that a few girls who dont want to change might be doing! Most of those girls WANT help and that is the key! From the looks of the drug problem in Harlan Co. you would think you people would be greatful!!!!!!!!!!
the truth

Manchester, KY

#16 Apr 10, 2009
A few weeks ago there was an incident and everyone of them was tested and everyone of them were dirty!!!! NO it isn't working!
very good

Baxter, KY

#18 Apr 12, 2009
shep wrote:
i think its sketchy. they expect these women to get better just by sleeping in a dorm and reading the boring bible all day. they need more than that, they need to let those who have prescription medicine other than pain pills to use it. and stuff like methadone and nerve relaxers would make the treatment a hell of alot easier
And you said I wasn't a christian you call the bible boring??? You sound sketchy to me.
very good

Baxter, KY

#19 Apr 12, 2009
anyone would probably need drugs to handle being your friend, thats probably why you are on here
ily_hoe

Baxter, KY

#20 Apr 18, 2009
let me tell you all sumthing..
my mom was in that place and it helped her so yeah it must help alot of ppl becasue i know all kinds of ppl that in thurr and they are clean and sobber so you all must nothing talkin to the right people because my mom is doing really good..so you need to tell your lil gay frands that tehy are lil stupid liers..so yeah bye
Witnessthis

London, KY

#21 Apr 19, 2009
I am actually in the program at the hope center right now. I have to say that the program has given me my life back. Like someone said before not everyone wants the help so I don't think it's fair to be so judgemental. We have never been forced to read the Bible, and in my opinion the place is anything but boring!! It's actually been quite interesting especially for someone who never had any education on addiction!! The classes downtown are packed with information about alcoholism and are very beneficial to those who are willing to learn. About the girls that are doin' all this bad stuff, they are the only ones who should be held responsible, not the Hope Center as a whole, all they can do is offer the help, it's up to them what they do with it. So to anyone who does not support the Center, I hope that you will open your eyes to the good of this place and not just the bad. That house is full of love and concern, they are there to help those of us who are seeking a better way of life and want to change who they had become!! I am very greatful for the center and always will be. I didn't think there was any help for me. I thought I would die a drug addict. I owe everything to the Hope Center. They were my strength when I had none, they loved me when I didn't love my self. I will always be greatful for the Center and everyone who took part in getting it here in Harlan!! So to all those who said it wasn't working -You're wrong!! It's working for me and I have been a witness that it has for others as well. I would hope that you all could be a little more open to the fact that this place IS saving lives!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word + drop a word (Nov '11) 16 min Trunketeer 4,280
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min uMoron 143,114
***last post wins*** (May '11) 1 hr Sharlene45 6,244
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr opinion 723
the music thread (Jan '12) 4 hr Deez--Nuts 1,521
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 4 hr Intrepid Surfer 2,253
Dahhan 21 hr glad 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages