wow

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

too many kids 13 and 12 are having sex.. wats up with the parents??

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

What's wow is how your blaming the parents. The kids KNOW it's wrong to have unprotected / premarital sex, but they still do. You can't breathe down your kids neck 24/7, if they want to have sex, they will. Simple as that...
someone

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

I am a parent of a 14 yr old. Who has told us she has already had sex. We do not let her run around with the wrong crowd. We do not let her date. She is a honor roll student. She is a good kid. When we ask her why she did this. She stated to us that everyone else was doing it & if you were not that everyone thought you were gay. I don't think the parents need to be blamed. I believe alot of the problem is peer pressure. To have friends you have to be like them. That is bull. The parents who try to raise their kids right, are usually the ones whos kids treat them the worst. You cannot watch them 24/7. We work. So we have to depend on her to make the right decision when we are not there. But what they see elsewhere is what they do.
parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

we need to talk to our children about every area in life. not scream or being harsh, that will break their spirits and they will not communicate back to us about anything. they need to know what will happen if they do this or that. they have to feel like they can come to their parents about anything and everything in their life good or bad and have a positive feed back. i talk to my kids about sex, drugs and eveything else, and they talk freely to me and are asking me questions about things. i even hear them saying things to their friends that i have told them when i thought they weren't even listening to me. i hope to encourge every parent to talk to their children about everything in life especially in their youth, they will remember it when they are faced with that situation. Pray for our children everyday that God will intervene in each phase of their life before the drug dealers, sexual situations and satan himself does. I grew up in a very dysfunctional home where i didnt have parents that i could talk to, they were christians and bought me up in church but they couldn't cope with life. I found out alot of things the hard way. But my the mercy of Jesus Christ, he saved me and brought me out of the pits of hell, and sat my feet upon a rock. He has healed me of emotional pain that most people couldn't have survived in by themselves. I take the time to be a part of my kids lives and their friends. I do things with them that they want to do even when i dont. I see things about them that they are having trouble with and talk to them about it before they even know that it will cause them alot of pain. Their friend are talking to me and telling me about their day and also telling me that they wish they could talk to their parents about little things like they can me.
you have to sow seeds in their lives.
rawtruth

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

wow wrote:
too many kids 13 and 12 are having sex.. wats up with the parents??
Well "wow". I must say that on this subject we agree. I know that any child could potentially go bad. But most of the time it is the parents fault. Children of today are the ones in charge. It seems that most parents are afraid to correct their children. And it IS nearly possible to know what your child is doing and who they are with 24/7! The only time a parent has no control over a child is when they are at school. But there is a thing called correction. And I dont mean just a good talking to. What ever happened to a good Ole fashioned whipping. There is nothing in the world wrong with taking a good switch to a child's behind if it is done right and with love. We should teach our children that if they get out of line when not in our presence there will be consequences. That would go a long way in keeping them on the straight and narrow even when they are absent from us. And this crap that they are entitled to PIVACY is completely ridiculous. A parent should have the right and they should control every aspect of they're children's lives. Privacy HE!! If a child wants privacy you can bet they are doing things you would no approve of. And then there is the issue of knowing who your children are fooling around with, and where they are at all times, how they are dressed when they leave the house. It can be done.

And this stuff that we should talk to our children about sex is another ridiculous idea! If you explain sex to your children all you are doing is arousing they're curiosity! And when they get curious about something, the obvious next step is to experiment with it!

I know when I was a young man. I, of course got into a lot of mischievous things that I knew my parents would not approve of. But I also knew not to go too far or I would have to face the wrath of my old man...Or sometimes even worse the anger of my mom!
parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

talking to our children about sex is NOT ridiculous in any way, and im not arousing their curiosity!!!!!!!!!! i don't tell them how much fun or how good it feels or anything like that. i tell them that they can get pregent the first time they have sex. i tell them they need to save that for marriage. once they give it away they will never be the same. it is something for their spouse when they get married. it is something they can never get back or redo. i tell them about aids, other dieases that they can catch and never be healed from unless God heals them. how can you not talk to your children about something they might regret or suffer the consequences of it. I dont leave it up to someone else to teach them and hope they get it, i dont leave it up to the school system, and i sure willnot leave it up to some 16 year old kid that don't understand the dangers of it to have them experience it with them, or some child molester who might try to deceive my kids (like one did to me at 13 years of age). its my job to teach them. its a parents job to put the fear in them in anything that will hurt them. they are just babies. and they dont know unless we teach them.
rawtruth

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

parent wrote:
talking to our children about sex is NOT ridiculous in any way, and im not arousing their curiosity!!!!!!!!!! i don't tell them how much fun or how good it feels or anything like that. i tell them that they can get pregent the first time they have sex. i tell them they need to save that for marriage. once they give it away they will never be the same. it is something for their spouse when they get married. it is something they can never get back or redo. i tell them about aids, other dieases that they can catch and never be healed from unless God heals them. how can you not talk to your children about something they might regret or suffer the consequences of it. I dont leave it up to someone else to teach them and hope they get it, i dont leave it up to the school system, and i sure willnot leave it up to some 16 year old kid that don't understand the dangers of it to have them experience it with them, or some child molester who might try to deceive my kids (like one did to me at 13 years of age). its my job to teach them. its a parents job to put the fear in them in anything that will hurt them. they are just babies. and they dont know unless we teach them.
If you make sure that your BABIES are always in your sight. And if you dont trust ANYONE when it comes to your BABIES then the discussion of sex would not even be necessary until they have reached the dating age...Say 18!
Blueball

Eubank, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

Parents, look in the mirror and all your questions about your young children having sex will be answered. Parents of children today are pill heads, so they could care less what their children are doing. Their main priorities are pills and SSI checks.
parent

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

I never said I dont let my "BABIES" out of my sight. my "BABIES" go to their friends over night. my "BABIES" go bike riding my themselves without me. my "BABIES" are just that "BABIES". i didnt say i didn't trust people. i know who my "BABIES" freinds are and their parents well enough to trust them. what i said was, i won't leave it up to anyone to teach them about sex. its the parents job to teach them about the dangers of sex before marriage.
rawtruth

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

parent wrote:
I never said I dont let my "BABIES" out of my sight. my "BABIES" go to their friends over night. my "BABIES" go bike riding my themselves without me. my "BABIES" are just that "BABIES". i didnt say i didn't trust people. i know who my "BABIES" freinds are and their parents well enough to trust them. what i said was, i won't leave it up to anyone to teach them about sex. its the parents job to teach them about the dangers of sex before marriage.
I hate to tell you this but let me say as a friendly warning! In this day and age allowing your children to stay all night with anyone is dangerous. Did you know that most children who are molested are molested by a family member? You may THINK you know and can trust who your children are with but you never know. A child molester's first priority is to gain the trust of the parents! Why do you think that most of them try to get jobs working with children? And I am not trying to argue this time I am being honest. DONT TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR CHILD! NOT IF YOU LOVE IT!!!!
rawtruth

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

staying all night with is great i love underage gay sex and i would let anything in my bum bum...

sincerely yours raw"butt"truth
Kayla

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

well i agree they will have sex if they want to but you need to raise your kids to always talk to you about what they are doing when there not with you i have a 16 year old an she to is haveing sex but its only with one person an when it started she ask about birht control so i do know what my kid is doing you people need top talk to your kids dont down size them for what they do you need to let them know you are there for them i dont like mine doing it ejther but at least she is protecting her self from stds an unwanted prepancys
Not Kayla btw

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Btw that wasnt kayla it someone in her name. On her comp..
boosh

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
If you make sure that your BABIES are always in your sight. And if you dont trust ANYONE when it comes to your BABIES then the discussion of sex would not even be necessary until they have reached the dating age...Say 18!
well if a parent didn't let their kids do ANYTHING say like spend the night with a friend or go to the movies without you they would be pretty miserable... At friends houses the parents there may not watch them as well as you think and they end up having sex... or they could sneak out of a movie... HELL some even do it at school you CANNOT watch a 17 yr old all the time I would have ran away from home or something if my mom had treated me like that... I say they should be watched more carefully when their younger but never even letting like a 17 yr old attend a birthday party without you? Ask all these girls that had preachers for dads and were smothered and then they grew up and became whores... you suffocate them too much they are gonna want to use the hell out of that freedom when they come of age!
hollerrat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

rawtruth loves to stay all night with young kids lol
fed up

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

a child should never be left alone to get in a situation to have sex....i am a parent of a 14 year old....you have to be on top things at all times
Its Difficult - HOWEVER

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2010

someone wrote:
...So we have to depend on her to make the right decision when we are not there. But what they see elsewhere is what they do...
It IS Difficult - HOWEVER, please allow your situation to teach those who still have very young children and want them to stay true.

While you and your husband have properly focused on your child, the one other thing that could be done (or, should have been done very early on)....is to REMOVE the television from your home.

This will make MOST people very angry (because most people are desperately addicted to television themselves).

Most children's minds are "seeded" from their earliest years with the media's perspective on sex. Even if they hear differently (occasionally at least) from their parents....and attend church....those occasional messages are OVERWHELMED by hours upon hours (per day) of television.

And what are the messages, said (but usually un-said)?

See for yourself....those actors and actresses who are fawned over by the kid's parents (us) are themselves having children out of wedlock...playing roles in sitcoms and movies which include blatant sex scenes or messages (e.g. Jerry Seinfeld and Elaine have a friendship that includes this AND "that").

I know, I know....funny show.....but what's the message about sex?

And even everyone's darling? Someone who has made otherwise very family-friendly movies......Sandra Bullock?

She gives a "make-out" kiss to a much younger female actress on stage during her award ceremony, all to cheering and cat-calls of the audience, just like slut Madonna.

The messages cannot be avoided even by "selectively" watching TV.

"We only let our kids watch the safe shows" you say?

Hey that's great. Like....hmmm, let's see...like Britney Spears when she was on the Mickey Mouse club and singing those "pure" songs years ago?

Oops....bad example....sorry. Let's see, who else?

Hey....how about Hanna Montana, yeah. Such a nice girl....I see her stuff in the children's department at Wal-Mart.

Wonder what she's up to these days?
(check that out for yourself)

See?....

Those who produce popular media WANT your children to be sexually active as YOUNG AS POSSIBLE.

REMEMBER....the same people who own MTV own Nickelodeon.

If you try to block the obvious stuff, but still allow them into your home AT ALL, they'll find another way....as long as YOU allow them access to your child's mind, they'll find a way.

Bottom line. For parents that TRULY care about this issue and have very young kids....there is STILL time....

If you can summon the strength to break YOUR addiction....Get RID of the TV now.
Historic Sex Facts

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

They were doing it a long time before Television was invented. Kids have always had sex. Most of them anyway. In most of the worlds cultures parents just ignore it. You can fight human nature but you can never win.
rawtruth

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

hollerrat wrote:
rawtruth loves to stay all night with young kids lol
Nawh that aint true "hollerrat" If it were. Don't you think I would have already spent the night at your house. Because judging by you comments you are definitely an adolescent!
teenage guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

it aint the parents fault,an it aint just 13-12 year old girls doin it its 12-13 guys doin it to,kids think that they have to go farther into a relation ship to become closer which they think is sex,what are the parents going to do,go with their kids to school an go to their friends house with them an go to the movies with them when their trying to have some alone time with someone,thats rediculous,and "rawtruth" you think you know everything huh? well the thing is,YOU dont,you dont have kids so you dont know what its like when their doin things,the only thing your doin is judgin them,when and if you have a kid you'll understand yeah i admit i wouldnt let me kid have sex until their 18 or something but if they do i cant take it back all i could do was talk to them about it,and hopefully they'l understand what havin sec can cause,for instance gettin girls pregnant without wearin condoms and shitt/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Jay 144,993
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 26 min Poles 26,176
File Banrupsy 1 hr not 2
Why wouldnt u serve God? 1 hr dont 3
Oscar Whitehead 1 hr Sunshine Kid 25
County or independen schools??? 3 hr Educating My Son 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Spaceship 128,054
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000