Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 161226 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#93042 Dec 19, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Linda is right about most God hating atheist... Most are gay or been abused in some way... It's just a fact like it or not...
Prove it. You are missing the glaring fact - no fact supports your contention. Very much like how no fact supports your belief system.

Location hidden

#93043 Dec 19, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You got much to learn about the bible bud... Good works get you no where...
Oddly enough, you say good works get you no where, but "no works", or "bad works" get you hellfire. So basically, the result is that "good works" are still required as an additional part for your salvation. So much for just believing in Jesus...

And while we are on the topic, what are you believing in Jesus to do? Protect you from his father, who is so inept as to not be able to create anyone he doesn't end up wanting to fling into hell?

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#93044 Dec 19, 2012
If the father, son, and holy spirit are one? Who did jesus sacrifice himself to? Himself? Talk about being conceited.

Location hidden

#93045 Dec 19, 2012
Satanic Priestess wrote:
If the father, son, and holy spirit are one? Who did jesus sacrifice himself to? Himself? Talk about being conceited.
Don't you know that they are 3 persons when you take them out to dinner, but conveniently only 1 when the check arrives and it is time to split the bill. Almost like it is MAGIC!
typhon

Middlesboro, KY

#93046 Dec 19, 2012
Satanic Priestess wrote:
you are misled.

it is written: "i require mercy, not sacrifice."
Oh yeah

Jackson, KY

#93047 Dec 19, 2012
But wait MAGIC is a sin....lmao
stoorworm

Middlesboro, KY

#93048 Dec 19, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you know that they are 3 persons when you take them out to dinner, but conveniently only 1 when the check arrives and it is time to split the bill. Almost like it is MAGIC!
there are three; two only are mentioned in western institutionalized science.

the third is slowly coming into awareness

e=mc2

energy
matter

you can learn from what you got to take
but in the end, you can never win

Location hidden

#93049 Dec 19, 2012
typhon wrote:
<quoted text>
you are misled.
it is written: "i require mercy, not sacrifice."
Tell that to all the "Christians" out there who claim Jesus was the blood sacrifice for their sins. They will shout you out of their church if you told them otherwise.
tiamat

Middlesboro, KY

#93050 Dec 19, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to all the "Christians" out there who claim Jesus was the blood sacrifice for their sins. They will shout you out of their church if you told them otherwise.
been repeating it and it isn't just for christians. you seem to think like christians, that the bible was written exclusively for christians.

ignorance is arrayed by many coverings. you have to expose the truth; so i peel the onion to it's core and ignore the variety.

i do apples too

“Hail Satan!”

Since: Dec 12

Hell

#93051 Dec 19, 2012
Oh yeah wrote:
But wait MAGIC is a sin....lmao
I agree. There was magic in the bible with moses rod turning into a snake and don't forget the buring bush. lmao
whiro

Middlesboro, KY

#93052 Dec 19, 2012
Satanic Priestess wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. There was magic in the bible with moses rod turning into a snake and don't forget the buring bush. lmao
this is not the only instance of turning an inanimate object into an animate force.

greeks claimed it with statues.

hindus have reported it with objects
buddhists too.

http://www.theoi.com/Ther/Automotones.html

and the eternal flame is known in all major religions.

even in the hebrew it is quoted "our god is a consuming fire.
Oh yeah

Jackson, KY

#93053 Dec 19, 2012
Since i am female SP. do you think i need to bow to you..or wait is that that so called called Christian priest i am suppose to bow to and obey???
That bible book just confuses me....lmao

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#93055 Dec 19, 2012
looking for hope wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think you are capable of being a Judge of anyone elses faith in God ? You who as none yourself !
You consider someone who has faith a heretic then exactly what should everyone consider you to be an accuser of our brethren , which accuses them before our God day and night? You do know who that's a discription of don't you ?
Heresies are viewpoints of professing Christians that differ flagrantly from the Bible. These differences are unabashedly at odds with Scripture, not merely differences of opinion about interpretation.

I think christians consider agnostics and atheist apostates.

You yourself may consider cults that claim to be christian as heretics. The cults that claim to be teaching the truth and also claim your beliefs are heretical teachings.

Example would be the catholic church considers protestant teachings as heretical and vise visa.

You may want heretical teachings in secular public schools and I don't.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#93056 Dec 19, 2012
Oh yeah wrote:
Since i am female SP. do you think i need to bow to you..or wait is that that so called called Christian priest i am suppose to bow to and obey???
That bible book just confuses me....lmao
HEY, I am NOT a christian, no need to bow to any one.
In Satanism male and female are equal. It is only the abrahamic cults that think women are property

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93057 Dec 19, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>You are the nutjobs, you cant see whats right in front of your face. You say the Bible is lies, well how can a book of lies predict so accurately the future.
Zechariah said... And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth......A hydrogen bomb is so hot it will consume your flesh before your body hits the ground, weird how Zech saw that coming.
Daniel said in the last days knowledge would increase, from the garden of Eden until 1900 hundred everything remained virtually the same,men rode horses there was little medicine. In a short 100 year span of human history we developed super computers, jet planes, space shuttles etc.
John said the day was coming when a number (mark of the beast) would be put in a mans right hand or forehead and you couldnt buy or sale without that mark. The RFID chip is being manufactured to implant into people to replace debit cards and to cut down on illegal activity and to keep track of medical records. Without the chip you will not be able to go to the grocery store to buy food or go to the docter. The manufactures of the RFID chip says the best location for implantation is the right hand or forehead....well isnt that a kawinkydink.
The Bible also says in the last days a great delusion would takeover mans minds that they would believe a lie and be damned....strange how the unproven theory of evolution has turned so many mens minds against God. Especially when it is neither provable, observable or repeatble. The three things that must happen for it to be truely scientifically accurate.
Funny how you people call evil good and good evil. Jesus is good, loving and kind, atheists on the otherhand are mean, hateful, spiteful, hedonistic and cruel and murderous.
This is my last post to you people, the Bible says not to cast your pearls before swine lest they trample them under their feet and turn again and rend you. Just remember what I said earlier, when the destruction hits, IT IS YOUR FAULT. Your blood is on your own hands you've been told and rejected the truth.
Seek help from a mental health professional you are wacko
By the way, you sinned by preaching to me

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93058 Dec 19, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Linda is right about most God hating atheist... Most are gay or been abused in some way... It's just a fact like it or not...
Since the best you have got is to defame and insult, make things up you have proven that there is no substance to the cult you follow.
Most Atheist and agnostics are leaders not followers. They think therefor they do not fall for your cult.
Only weak followers would be a christian.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#93059 Dec 19, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
She was right about precious little. Not surprising you might feel she is a kindred spirit, given your obsequious mania for dogma and conspiracy theory.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#93060 Dec 19, 2012
Linda, I know that you would cross the road to avoid a homeless person by the holier than thou attitude you have. I can tell by what you say that it is the amount of money a person has that impresses you the most.
You care more about social standing than some fantasy god, that is just the only way that you can feel above others since you can not afford to send your daughter to a private school.
How come god does not provide for you to send your daughter to a private school?
You need help Linda, you are a sick evil freak
Josh

Lexington, KY

#93061 Dec 19, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Got some proof to back that up? Oh, how can I hate something that doesn't exist?
looking for hope

Richmond, KY

#93062 Dec 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Heresies are viewpoints of professing Christians that differ flagrantly from the Bible. These differences are unabashedly at odds with Scripture, not merely differences of opinion about interpretation.
I think christians consider agnostics and atheist apostates.
You yourself may consider cults that claim to be christian as heretics. The cults that claim to be teaching the truth and also claim your beliefs are heretical teachings.
Example would be the catholic church considers protestant teachings as heretical and vise visa.
You may want heretical teachings in secular public schools and I don't.
What makes you think you are capable of being a Judge of anyone elses faith in God ? You who as none yourself !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
106.3 a joke 59 min guest 7
Michelle Engle stay away from Michael 5 hr Addylovesmichael 3
Rick Bledsoe 7 hr Lol 1
Is the Harlan family dollar ever going to open 10 hr John 13
Son buying dope up in Pathfork 14 hr Jamie 23
Larry Nolan Bledsoe 17 hr goober 4
Greg Stephens 22 hr amrdcross 1

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance