Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
88,441 - 88,460 of 128,596 Comments Last updated 4 min ago
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were refering to how Jesus looked, physical appearence as I think was mr roachclip's intent, not speculative and vague verses, which may be the best available, but saying the tree was green for example, does not say much,,green like a pine, maple, palm,, so I'd once again have to agree with mr roachclip, there is nothing saying Jesus was for example 5'8", thin with short brown hair and blue eyes,,,
If you hand six people six different drawings from six different bibles of robed, sandaled, long haired men with palms faceing out the may all say that's Jesus, put lay them side by side and each are very different,, so the image sells, not the reality. Thank you however for the reply.
RC said that there was not one word in the Bible of HOW Jesus Looked! That was Wrong!
And after the Mount of Transfiguration,
He looked different from the start of His ministry!
Lets just say that He was no perty boy, as some
think He was!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe man's ethnic heritage is not mixing "evolving" into new breeds of human, such as blacks mixing with chinese, their children are an evolutionary change. You do not think our immune system has evolved and is stronger and more resistant. Do you not think we have evolved from hunters gathers into industrialist. Do you not think man's life span has not increased on average by more than a few years. Man has evloved in many ways. It's not overnight we all grow a third arm, but we are most positively evolving daily. No logical person can deny this.
Wrong!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe man's ethnic heritage is not mixing "evolving" into new breeds of human, such as blacks mixing with chinese, their children are an evolutionary change. You do not think our immune system has evolved and is stronger and more resistant. Do you not think we have evolved from hunters gathers into industrialist. Do you not think man's life span has not increased on average by more than a few years. Man has evloved in many ways. It's not overnight we all grow a third arm, but we are most positively evolving daily. No logical person can deny this.
On a side note...
No Logical person would tout apples, give oranges, and claim it's all the same!
"blacks mixing with chinese, their children are an evolutionary change" Really?... they are Still Human!
Up until the Flood, man lived way longer!
Ahhh you don't want to hear it!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"Spaceship earth",
Surely you do not believe that everything that the news media publishes is the TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH! If you do then you are more naïve than I would give you credit for!
I'm not a witness to the event of what happen just posted the judgement of the court. Why should I not believe it? Are you trying to say it could never had happen?

Well then ,let's us see how elders respond to questions pose to them on this subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Not the same thing!
Christians are not suppose to Murder, but have been fed to lions, hung on crosses, burnt at the stake, beheaded etc...
You must learn to seperate Cristianity from Religion!
Mat Chandler
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
No I don't.. I have found in this thread that the idea of being a Christian is a variable ... A guy can be a dope shooting, child abusing, thieving, murderer and the Instant they are Saved they then are wonderful Christians as long as they believe in Christ as their savior... But if a ex child abusing dope shooting saved christian finds out about someone else that is a thieving child abusing dope shooter then they were never really christian in the first place and should be hung....

I fully Understand that Christianity is a philosophy and not a religion, but so is Islam and several other philosophy's.. Shite & Sunni along with several others are Religions within the Islamic philosophy... That being said all the killing and crap on all sides is what happens when the Lies of Each cause some to kill... Christians, Islamist or just homicidal maniacs all have similar traits...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>On a side note...
"blacks mixing with chinese, their children are an evolutionary change" Really?... they are Still Human!
So were . H. neanderthalensis, H. erectus, H. gautengensis, H. rhodesiensis, H. habilis and many others .... All were Human... back when they were some that were 3 1/2 foot tall and covered with hair and living in trees, they were Human.... Ahhh you don't want to hear it!
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Leftwing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have adaptation and evolution mixed up. As a simple example: I can work with hand tools until I have calluses on my hands but when my children are born they are not born calloused.

Sure blacks can mix with Chinese (but as someone else said they are human.)

You absolutely cannot breed Dogs with cats and come off with some unknown animal. You cannot mix Copperhead snakes with black snakes because they are different kinds.
The mixes of dogs until you get an entirely new breed but they are still dog, not some unknown animal! As you say,“no logical person can deny this”!
The Bible says that things were created to reproduce after their own kind and that still proves true.
I was looking at a beautiful butterfly yesterday and thinking how did that butterfly know to evolve into such a beautiful creature? It did not evolve it was created beautiful and in a lot of varieties but still butterflies!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have adaptation and evolution mixed up. As a simple example: I can work with hand tools until I have calluses on my hands but when my children are born they are not born calloused.
Sure blacks can mix with Chinese (but as someone else said they are human.)
You absolutely cannot breed Dogs with cats and come off with some unknown animal. You cannot mix Copperhead snakes with black snakes because they are different kinds.
The mixes of dogs until you get an entirely new breed but they are still dog, not some unknown animal! As you say,“no logical person can deny this”!
The Bible says that things were created to reproduce after their own kind and that still proves true.
I was looking at a beautiful butterfly yesterday and thinking how did that butterfly know to evolve into such a beautiful creature? It did not evolve it was created beautiful and in a lot of varieties but still butterflies!
As someone else said... Me... A little fellow climbing in a tree 4 millions years ago was a Human... a large plant eating fellow covered in hair 400,000 years ago was a Human... Back when a little hairy critter was just starting to walk on two legs but was still living in a tree was a Human.....

Much like a Chihuahua is a dog and a Giant Mastiff is a dog, or a tiny kitten is a cat and a Bengal Tiger is a cat... At the time of cat and dogs Common Ancestor walked the earth it looked more like a rat than either dog or cat....
Leftwing

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Well I'm not getting into an argument on topix over evolution but I do know people are evolving daily. Taller, smarter, more resistant to strains of germs,, small steps of evolution. The flood is over, get over it, people here since the flood have a longer life span than in even jesus day, that is evolution. To imply cats breed with dogs,,oranges from apples,, what are you guys drinking out there. Man from zebras is unrealistic,, but small changes over centuries is what for most part what we see in evolution. We evolved from cave dwellers to builders, evidence we are getting smarter 'evolving' duh.
anbraxas

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>On a side note...
and at one time man was intersexed too, male and female.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/761-ad...
Hmmm

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

There must have been only a chosen few of the monkeys to evolve , cause as you see we still have them. And no signs of evolving since. Must of been a special breed of monkeys
apalala

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
There must have been only a chosen few of the monkeys to evolve , cause as you see we still have them. And no signs of evolving since. Must of been a special breed of monkeys
So do you live in a tent and is your people nomadic? How did you get internet service?

Is you god so stupid that he created it all and then couldn't possible evolve it?

Seems like a flash in the pan god.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Sounds like you're the one suffocating in your ignorance, and sin!
God forgives, and heals homosexuality... just ask!
Amen!
Funny. Seems yet again the typical Christian judges everyone else based on their perceived actions - yet judges himself based on his "intentions".

Simultaneously, He ignores the humorous fact that if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>Wrong!
Prove it.

(Hint: you can't)
Hmmm

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I am probably more educated than you in my little tent. I know that scientist believe that humans and apes come from a common ancestor. Well if your asking what Christians believe then that's is God created man and gave us the intelligence to improve our lives. Scientist "believe" there theory to be true and so do Christians. So really it is up to the individual on which they want to believe.
ananta boga

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I am probably more educated than you in my little tent.
Sure you are. That is why you're on here and not out milking your herd of goats.
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I know that scientist believe that humans and apes come from a common ancestor. Well if your asking what Christians believe then that's is God created man and gave us the intelligence to improve our lives.
improvement only comes with change. evolution is a result of change. kind of like apes and humans came from the same god? Try imagining that.

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Scientist "believe" there theory to be true and so do Christians. So really it is up to the individual on which they want to believe.
true, the sin of ignorance is a choice. It's not what you know that kills. it's what you don't know.

the bible doesn't teach that god is a man. that is a christian foible.
Hmmm

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

ananta boga wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you are. That is why you're on here and not out milking your herd of goats.
<quoted text>improvement only comes with change. evolution is a result of change. kind of like apes and humans came from the same god? Try imagining that.
Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
<quoted text>true, the sin of ignorance is a choice. It's not what you know that kills. it's what you don't know.
the bible doesn't teach that god is a man. that is a christian foible.
Listen if your not mature enough to have a conversation without insulting then I think we r done. I'm not going to stoop so low as to name calling. I also did not say anything about God being a man, I said he created man. You have a nice day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
Man did not Evolve From a Monkey.. That has never been a concept of evolution... That is a concept started by religious people that had no idea what the theory scientifically speaks of.... Humans have been Humans for Millions of years... Even when they were small little hairy critters they were Human.... And today Humans are different than they were 100 years ago on average... Monkeys, Ape, Lemurs and all other animals and plants are different than they were a million years ago...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
I am probably more educated than you in my little tent. I know that scientist believe that humans and apes come from a common ancestor. Well if your asking what Christians believe then that's is God created man and gave us the intelligence to improve our lives. Scientist "believe" there theory to be true and so do Christians. So really it is up to the individual on which they want to believe.
Scientist do not Believe... A Scientist has a theory based on testable, repeatable, verifiable evidence.... and if at any point New Evidence contradicts and provides better theory, A scientist changes the theory to fit the evidence.... When a scientist starts "Believing" he stops being a scientist and his view become religious in nature... Like Man Made Global Warming "Scientist"...
Hmmm

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientist do not Believe... A Scientist has a theory based on testable, repeatable, verifiable evidence.... and if at any point New Evidence contradicts and provides better theory, A scientist changes the theory to fit the evidence.... When a scientist starts "Believing" he stops being a scientist and his view become religious in nature... Like Man Made Global Warming "Scientist"...
Believe means to think that something is true but I will rephrase my sentence scientist thinks their theory to be true.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 20 min Hii 81,570
i am pissed 42 min walmart worker 3
sam crider 1 hr cathyjudy 19
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr cathyjudy 26,185
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr cathyjudy 146,195
Jamie Johnson 3 hr Wondering 3
how do fat women deal with summer heat? 3 hr seriously the original 12
Kentucky Justice (Nov '13) 12 hr CrazyAssPPL 656
Luttrell arrested again 21 hr guest 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••