Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,384)

Showing posts 87,661 - 87,680 of127,971
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Alot of people claim to be Christians, just like alot of people claim to be atheist. So what's you're point?
My Point is that as far as I can tell you are claiming to be one also... So, we the viewing public, have no idea who is or is not by definition a Christian... My Point was that just because you claim to be a Christian I have seen no posts of yours that show you are any more the Christian than Sandusky.... So I would suggest you not bring up your fellow Christians without being painted with the same brush, as you paint all others that do not agree with you with the same brush..
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
The christian bible is not proof of god, it is the claim that has no proof
I Live... because He Lives!
That's my proof!
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, 62% of all of the governments revenue is laid on the backs of the working class.
http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/
Bull stuff!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>I Live... because He Lives!
That's my proof!
That only means you have no idea what the word Proof means....

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Here's just ONE of yer cults sick problems.
http://abortionno.org/index.php/abortion_fact
See... instead of teaching yer children to WAIT for their spouces
you teach them they can hump like animals, and do this
when their condom breaks... if they use them at all!
Just one lil example of your lack of morality!
And you call us sick... you prove with every post
that you are the sick ones!
Get well soon!
Back to this website again? The very website you said lied? And who, according to this website, is the most likely to get an abortion, religion wise?

"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 43% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 27%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.

Seems that in total the "Christians" are 3 times more likely to have an abortion than someone with no religious affiliation. Additionally, that 18% performed on women who identify themselves as born again/evangelical is mighty darn close to the 23.7% with no religious affiliation (I.e. About 1 in 5 is done on those drinking your Jesus Juice, while 1 in 4 is done by the non-religiously affiliated).

Calling ANYONE sick when your own group's numbers is almost almost equal with the non-religiously affiliated is quite funny, quite hypocritical, and quite unbiblical. Here, let me help you with that log in your eye - If you hold REALLY still think I can push it in all the way for you.
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Is not there a story in your bible where a poor woman gave a little, but it was all she had and Jesus said that she gave more than all that the wealthy gave combined?
Oh yes, christians only pick the parts of the bible that justify their hatred
What a Tard!
What do you give???
other than lies?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Whose Socking Who wrote:
Wow guys. whatever happened to tolerance?
Tolerance isn't laying there and "taking it" from a bully hyped on religious oxycontin, hoping one day he will miraculously grow a conscience. Tolerance is letting another person peacefully live their life so long as they aren't hurting another, it is not sitting idly by while someone tries to force others into compliance with their religious views.
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
So if I have $100 and you have $1,000,000 and we are taxed at the same rate (let's say 10%), so I pay $10 and you pay $100,000... you think that's unfair because you have to pay more than me due to the fact that you have more than me?
That IS how it should work, but...
47% don't pay any taxes, AND many of those who do...
get major deductions, and end up getting Major refunds...
I say... ALL should pay a flat tax, no refunds!
IRS wouldn't like the reduction....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As I say:
"I do not Believe, I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know, I Never Believe" - Q
Is that your final OPINION?
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Pecker Ed wrote:
Bible study? Come on get with reality! That's for the religious freaks not for public education.
Hold that thought....
for yer last breath!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Back to this website again? The very website you said lied? And who, according to this website, is the most likely to get an abortion, religion wise?
"Women identifying themselves as Protestants obtain 43% of all abortions in the U.S.; Catholic women account for 27%, Jewish women account for 1.3%, and women with no religious affiliation obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identify themselves as “Born-again/Evangelical”.
Seems that in total the "Christians" are 3 times more likely to have an abortion than someone with no religious affiliation. Additionally, that 18% performed on women who identify themselves as born again/evangelical is mighty darn close to the 23.7% with no religious affiliation (I.e. About 1 in 5 is done on those drinking your Jesus Juice, while 1 in 4 is done by the non-religiously affiliated).
Calling ANYONE sick when your own group's numbers is almost almost equal with the non-religiously affiliated is quite funny, quite hypocritical, and quite unbiblical. Here, let me help you with that log in your eye - If you hold REALLY still think I can push it in all the way for you.
And there are Pro Life atheists also....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And we Pay for it by having cheap cars cost 30 grand and making the poorest of the poor suffer.... If your view was valid then Poverty should have been less with the rise of minimum wage and the 12 Trillion dollars spent on the War on Poverty... But what History has Proven is that when you give people Just Enough to Survive many will become dependent at the lowest level of survival... When you allow people to do or die... they more often that not Do....
But do you also support a maximum wage? Seems the market isn't quite able to bear unfettered maximum wages when a CEO can work him and his buddies million dollar raises and bonuses. If wealth generation is finite, concentration of wealth at the top makes for less at the lower levels, perpetuating poverty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>A bible thumper who says, or does that... is not a Christian!
Incase you've forgoten, Jesus said to "Love yer enemies"!
I'd like to know, just what prompted him/her to say such a thing?
Yet, oddly, you seem to have no trouble being nasty to people, saying that is how you are "loving" them. It isn't a far stretch to see that others of your ilk would think they are "loving" people by threatening them.

As I mentioned, you seem to think that the ends justify the means - and that you can be as nasty as you want to be as long as it scares someone into submission to your religious leanings.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your final OPINION?
Heck No... I have opinions on everything.... I even have opinions on differing aspects of people being opinionated.... Just request specificity when asked my opinion....
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you only concerned for little boys being raped?
You never talk about little girls who are abused.
Is that subject too close to home for you?
Hate to chat and run but must leave for work now. Back tonight.
It's about tolerating EVIL...
no matter what flavor it is!
Hope you have a Great day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are Pro Life atheists also....
Never said there wasn't. I would say I am personally a "pro-viable-baby agnostic". But that wouldn't satisfy a fundamentalist's need for "peaceful disagreement".

My thoughts:
1. I think contraception, including emergency contraception (plan B) should be available on demand.
2. I think abortion should be legal up to the first trimester.
3. But after first trimester, heightened requirements should be needed (extenuating circumstances or danger to life of mother).
4. Third trimester should only be to save the life of the mother.

As it stands, most fundamentalists are not pro-life. They are pro-birth. They seem to not care about the life of the child after it pops out of the mothers vagina, support execution of criminals, and are all about their guns and how they will kill anyone who tries to enter their home to rob them.

Their inconsistency and willing to call anyone who disagrees with them as "sick" is quite humorous given their cognitive dissonance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
But do you also support a maximum wage? Seems the market isn't quite able to bear unfettered maximum wages when a CEO can work him and his buddies million dollar raises and bonuses. If wealth generation is finite, concentration of wealth at the top makes for less at the lower levels, perpetuating poverty.
No I do not support a minimum or a maximum wage... The Wage anyone receives should be what ever they agree to take for the job they are hired to do, Period.... If someone is willing to take 3 cents an hour then that's what they get paid... If a Person hold out for and gets 10,000 bucks an hour more power to them... If someone makes 5 Billion dollars a week and can find someone to pay them as long as it is within the law then more power to them... If a person will work 12 hours a day for 20 cents a day that is their choice to do so...

You see the finical world as a Pie where if someone eats 3/4 then everybody else has to share a 1/4... I see it that if one person eats the whole pie, the next guy has the opportunity to bake his own pie... And His pie can be a better pie and out sell all other pies and he can create his own bakery.... But if you dole out a tiny slice to those that don't have to bake their own pie they become dependent on that little slice and never attempt to light the oven...

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
My Point is that as far as I can tell you are claiming to be one also... So, we the viewing public, have no idea who is or is not by definition a Christian... My Point was that just because you claim to be a Christian I have seen no posts of yours that show you are any more the Christian than Sandusky.... So I would suggest you not bring up your fellow Christians without being painted with the same brush, as you paint all others that do not agree with you with the same brush..
So you, the one who's always tallking about proof, and facts, try to group and label? That's like saying you're just like the raping murdering atheist. Even throwing in a little judgment to boot.
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>He went to church..........
You go to church too!
LOL
Ye of lil Understanding

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>They want to marry 9 year olds and have several wives.
Some get off on the bible story of Lot raping his two daughters
WE are not Mormons!
And you KNOW that is not what the story of Lot is all about!
You forget the part about the Evil of Sodom, and Gamorah...
AKA the USA today!
But... feel free to post yer tripe...
as if you could do anything else!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 87,661 - 87,680 of127,971
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min American Lady 144,884
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 24 min sad 81,550
Why u break my heart. 45 min Tehee Candor 40
"Crotch Rockets" 2 hr bwahahahaha 8
is sniffing panties normal? (Oct '10) 3 hr seriously the original 123
ropers 3 hr seriously the original 22
Looking for Meghan Miniard (Jan '13) 11 hr _Bad Company 8
•••
•••
•••
Harlan Dating

more search filters

less search filters