Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Read more: The Courier-Journal 135,611

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#88184 Oct 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck - the councils destroyed most of them.
Good thing the Sumerians stored the original texts in storage vaults several 1000 years earlier.....

London, KY

#88185 Oct 7, 2012
You want a real insight into our early years... Find a globe... Stick a pin at the Giza plateau, Pumapunku Peru, Easter Island, Angkor Watts Cambodia, Paracus Peru, Dugon Africa, Tassili N'Ajjar Algeria, Persepolis Iran, Mohendrudaro Pakistan, Kachuraho India, Pyay Burma....

Now take a string and connect the pins... Then find the North and south rotational centers of the globe using the string as the Equator of the globe... and stick a pin in those points... Take more string and connect those south and north rotational points to the Site pins....

Make your own conclusions....

Oh and also make note of our existing Magnetic North and South poles as they are today... Stick a pin in those points also...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#88186 Oct 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
You want a real insight into our early years... Find a globe... Stick a pin at the Giza plateau, Pumapunku Peru, Easter Island, Angkor Watts Cambodia, Paracus Peru, Dugon Africa, Tassili N'Ajjar Algeria, Persepolis Iran, Mohendrudaro Pakistan, Kachuraho India, Pyay Burma....
Now take a string and connect the pins... Then find the North and south rotational centers of the globe using the string as the Equator of the globe... and stick a pin in those points... Take more string and connect those south and north rotational points to the Site pins....
Make your own conclusions....
Oh and also make note of our existing Magnetic North and South poles as they are today... Stick a pin in those points also...
But if you want real insight into the origins of Christianity, watch Jane Goodall.

London, KY

#88187 Oct 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you want real insight into the origins of Christianity, watch Jane Goodall.
Or if you want insight into it's success research Jim and Tammy Fae Baker...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#88188 Oct 7, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>Why do we have eyes? almost all creatures have eyes, why haven't they changed much from when we were monkeys? This proves evolution, how could I have missed this all these years?
You do not understand the point.

Look, our ancestors walked on four legs. They had a sinus cavity that drained down with gravity doing the work. Evolution hit on a good idea.

But as we evolved and started walking upright that sinus cavity didn't adjust, it just remained oriented pretty much the same way relative to the skull.

This makes no sense if we were intelligently designed. It makes perfect sense if we were evolved.

Location hidden

#88189 Oct 7, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>You would rather believe in aliens and ET than God? I thought proof was your stumbling block for believing in GOD.As far as evolution. As I said before, I see proof of environmenal adaptation, but I do not see any proof of speciation.
Define species.

And define the mechanism that prevents organisms from becoming different ones.

Location hidden

#88190 Oct 7, 2012
Creation wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostles and disciples of Jesus Christ wrote the New Testament under inspiration from God. The Old Testament was written by Moses and the Prophets under inspiration from God.
The Bible is true because the Bible says the Bible is true.

Circular logic!
Ky student

Huntington, WV

#88191 Oct 7, 2012
wow wrote:
well the worlds going to hell so do you really think it would be that bad of an idea..... this is KY..... if we lived in a more diverse place I could see your point..... Just like saying the pledge they should have the choice to say no but at least offer it to those who want it. I seriously doubt there are more opposed to this than those to encourage it. Oh and while there at it.... bring prayer back and the all mighty paddle. Kick these kids asses and teach them the right things and maybe society as a whole would benefit.
I am a student and I do not and refuse to have bible study in my school. This may be KY but a lot of people don't believe prayer and study should be added. Even religions including the bible do not agree, this area is more diverse in religions than you think. Since the Internet teens already have studied new religions and found there's. Christianity is not the only religion with nice good people.
Also

United States

#88192 Oct 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is true because the Bible says the Bible is true.
Circular logic!
The rock layers date the fossils but the fossils date the rock layers more accurately.
Also

United States

#88193 Oct 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Define species.
And define the mechanism that prevents organisms from becoming different ones.
Species is too vague. Kind or family group would be more accurate.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88194 Oct 7, 2012
Also wrote:
<quoted text>
The rock layers date the fossils but the fossils date the rock layers more accurately.
A geologist can date rock strata and determine the processes that formed it. A paleontologist can date a fossil and describe the environment in which it lived. A Christian can point at his book and say "Jesus loves me".

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88195 Oct 7, 2012
In God I trust wrote:
Dear God,
Things are out of control in this country oppressing the people under tyranny by power for greed on the people. Do something quick.
Love
Your daughter
Giving every one the same rights that you have is not oppressing you. Your mentality is why I hate the christian CULT

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88196 Oct 7, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Giving every one the same rights that you have is not oppressing you. Your mentality is why I hate the christian CULT
Actually, I think that the greedy elitist top per centers that f'ed the economy with extraordinary access to beneficial legislation SHOULD have their offices redecorated in sulfur and brimstone.

London, KY

#88197 Oct 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think that the greedy elitist top per centers that f'ed the economy with extraordinary access to beneficial legislation SHOULD have their offices redecorated in sulfur and brimstone.
Yea.. Grab the Torches Boys... We gona go burn out Bill Gates, George Soros, George Glooney, The Kennedy's, The Kerry's, and all the Too Rich in Hollywood and rid ourselves of the Left Wing elitists that are driving the prices of every thing from Fuel to used cars to canned corn up on the backs of the poor people.....

They don't care if Gas is 10 bucks a gallon so of course they want to shut down the oil wells so they can see vast expanses of natural beauty in their 3 Million Dollar summer cabin without the pesky Po Folk driving through Their Nature... They found it humorous that so many poor folks would agree to turning over there food crops for them to have better views...

Let's Go, Grab the torches.... I'll bring the pitch forks.....

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88199 Oct 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea.. Grab the Torches Boys... We gona go burn out Bill Gates, George Soros, George Glooney, The Kennedy's, The Kerry's, and all the Too Rich in Hollywood and rid ourselves of the Left Wing elitists that are driving the prices of every thing from Fuel to used cars to canned corn up on the backs of the poor people.....
They don't care if Gas is 10 bucks a gallon so of course they want to shut down the oil wells so they can see vast expanses of natural beauty in their 3 Million Dollar summer cabin without the pesky Po Folk driving through Their Nature... They found it humorous that so many poor folks would agree to turning over there food crops for them to have better views...
I am sure that he was talking about politicians, but yes, lets burn alive the people who poisoned water supplies for profit and take advantage of peoples needs so they have to work for a wage that no one can live off of.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#88200 Oct 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected that would get a rise out of you. If you think execs making tens of millions a year deserve bonuses and raises after firing a few thousand more employees, or pumping millions into campaigns instead of worker wages, or moving operations to third world sweat shops, or making bogus loans for quick profits, or cooking books and pleading innocent is just good clean capitalism, we don't have anything to discuss.

Location hidden

#88202 Oct 7, 2012
Also wrote:
<quoted text>The rock layers date the fossils but the fossils date the rock layers more accurately.
I didn't go to Falwell University so you'll have to explain this one.

Location hidden

#88203 Oct 7, 2012
Also wrote:
<quoted text>Species is too vague. Kind or family group would be more accurate.
I hope that is humor.

"Kind" would be far more vague.
Independent

United States

#88204 Oct 7, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't go to Falwell University so you'll have to explain this one.
I doubt that you went to college at all. Unless, perhaps, you majored in pottery or art.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#88205 Oct 7, 2012
Independent wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you went to college at all. Unless, perhaps, you majored in pottery or art.
Spoken like a true christian You are a fine example of why your cult is evil

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Circuit Clerks Race 44 min Appointed 16
blind faith (Oct '14) 2 hr Wyle E Coyote 153
Walmart Censorship 2 hr Florida man 34
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 1,586
Wow !!! They pulled the Fun Run discussion. Tehee 4 hr -badboy- 96
Long John Silvers 6 hr Harlan 1
Arch coals lone mtn processing 6 hr knows for sure 10
More from around the web

Harlan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE