Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147241 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85280 Aug 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of a lonely neuron fruitlessly seeking a connection.
Maybe, you should find yours a friend!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85281 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
The proof that the bible is fiction and there is no god, christians have to resort to threats of eternal damnation when confronted with unpleasant facts.
The Proof there is a God, AND He's good is
WE are ALL still here!
The proof satan exists... You being you!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85282 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
So your god does not understand the concept of time?
Obviously... you don't know what yer talking about...
Read the Whole chapter... Not just what evildingdong.idiot tells you it says!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85283 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>CROCK!
Can you say anything that is the truth, or is it
just above your personality?
FYI, he's not talking about biblical times, he's talking about the middle ages through the puritans. It's about European history, not Isaiah, doofi.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85284 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know there where no changes? Do you have pictures and documents on them from millions of years ago? Nice try Mr. Bullshit
Excuse me???
His point was yer socalled Fossil record!
And you have the gall to call him "Mr. BS"???
Look in the mirror...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85285 Aug 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who said Coelacanth had to have legs at 65 mya? The fish that came to land was
Tiktaalik about 375 mya. Coelacanth may be just a cousin of Tiktaalik. No need for distant cousin to have the same exact traits.
Some species need no changes to survive. Evolution does not claim anything you are disputing.
I doubt roaches have changed much either. Did they need to? Alligators have no changed much in hundreds of millions of years. They work well without change.
In other words...
"lalalalalalalalla"
Hahahahahahaha!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85286 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
If Jesus died for all of our sins to be forgiven;
There is no reason to go to church,
There is no reason to ask for forgiveness ,
You can do what ever you want-right or wrong,
Everyone goes to heaven- including murderers and rapist,
I can say "fuck your non-existent god" and still go to heaven-if it existed.
Logic applied to religion, always good for a laugh
Paul Andrew Ryan
Just whe I thought you couldn't get more stupid...
You proved me wrong!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85287 Aug 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution is not making this claim. I am not making this claim.
You and religion are making the claim complex systems must come from intelligence. Thus the burden of proof is upon you.
But you cannot. You cannot show evidence for an intelligent creator. So why keep making the claim? ID is that claim. Creationism is that claim. There is absolutely zero evidence for the claim. Yet you and many other make the claim and wish for the claim to be in science classrooms.
The evidence is there, but you Refuse to see...
Just like the Bible said LONG ago...
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85288 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Hell is empty and all of the Demons are here
William Shakespeare
We can vouch for one of ya!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85289 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am almost 50 and have been a Priest for 20 years And a Satanist for 32 years. I have a Satanic church.
I am not a juvie wanna be. I am the REAL THING
WOW!
Look at this guy... beaming with Pride...
Proud to be on the Loosing side!
Now that's dedication!
I was a dipstick for 50 years, then I grew up!
I pray the same for you!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85290 Aug 8, 2012
Pastor wrote:
God is Good All the Time
Yes!
All the time, God is Good!
Amen!
Bless you, and yours :-)
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85291 Aug 8, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That explains a lot. No wonder you hear voices You do understand that while you THINK your mind is clear you are a wack job
Whatever you want to believe...
He saved me before the Meth too...
But hold that thought!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#85292 Aug 8, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be a "tard".
Hahahahahaha!
Timing... very important!
.... Tard!
See the difference?
Mine has way more Impact...
You might want some practice!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85294 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahahaha!
Timing... very important!
.... Tard!
See the difference?
Mine has way more Impact...
You might want some practice!
LOL my timing was spot on, you just don't get how much you embody "ignorant on purpose."
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#85295 Aug 8, 2012
The Primitive Atmosphere
In 1953 Stanley Miller passed an electric spark through an “atmosphere” of hydrogen, methane, ammonia and water vapor. This produced some of the many amino acids that exist and that are the building blocks of proteins. However, he got just 4 of the 20 amino acids needed for life to exist. More than 30 years later, scientists were still unable experimentally to produce all the 20 necessary amino acids under conditions that could be considered plausible.
Miller assumed that earth’s primitive atmosphere was similar to the one in his experimental flask. Why? Because, as he and a co-worker later said:“The synthesis of compounds of biological interest takes place only under reducing [no free oxygen in the atmosphere] conditions.” Yet other evolutionists theorize that oxygen was present. The dilemma this creates for evolution is expressed by Hitching:“With oxygen in the air, the first amino acid would never have got started; without oxygen, it would have been wiped out by cosmic rays.”
The fact is, any attempt to establish the nature of earth’s primitive atmosphere can only be based on guesswork or assumption. No one knows for sure what it was like.
defender

United States

#85296 Aug 8, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The Primitive Atmosphere
In 1953 Stanley Miller passed an electric spark through an “atmosphere” of hydrogen, methane, ammonia and water vapor. This produced some of the many amino acids that exist and that are the building blocks of proteins. However, he got just 4 of the 20 amino acids needed for life to exist. More than 30 years later, scientists were still unable experimentally to produce all the 20 necessary amino acids under conditions that could be considered plausible.
Miller assumed that earth’s primitive atmosphere was similar to the one in his experimental flask. Why? Because, as he and a co-worker later said:“The synthesis of compounds of biological interest takes place only under reducing [no free oxygen in the atmosphere] conditions.” Yet other evolutionists theorize that oxygen was present. The dilemma this creates for evolution is expressed by Hitching:“With oxygen in the air, the first amino acid would never have got started; without oxygen, it would have been wiped out by cosmic rays.”
The fact is, any attempt to establish the nature of earthÂ’s primitive atmosphere can only be based on guesswork or assumption. No one knows for sure what it was like.
Nice... The earliest know rocks tested 30% oxidation thus rendering this experiment useless ... Does this know fact stop the evolutionist? No.. It's still taught as successful in text books today... Lie... Flat out...

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#85297 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
I would even help you!
But your "help" comes with strings of the worst kind.

Let's face it, you would oppose the freedom of others to lawfully follow their conscience ONLY because you think your religious beliefs are superior and should be made into law.

If we have to accept your dominion and preaching in order to get the help, it isn't freely given help.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#85298 Aug 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I get answers to my Prayers almost all the time...
You could too, but yer praying to the WRONG guy!
Go figure!
Of course you do! Especially when you consider silence an answer.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#85299 Aug 8, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The Primitive Atmosphere
The fact is, any attempt to establish the nature of earthÂ’s primitive atmosphere can only be based on guesswork or assumption. No one knows for sure what it was like.
Hitching was that non-scientist Creationist, right. Sounds familiar.

But either way what is your point? Sewing doubt is not the same as proving something. Creationists are good at sewing doubt among people who might not know a lot about the topic. But they SUCK at presenting anything resembling a rational argument.

If Creationists want to contribute to the understanding of nature they need to study it first.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#85300 Aug 8, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitching was that non-scientist Creationist, right. Sounds familiar.
But either way what is your point? Sewing doubt is not the same as proving something. Creationists are good at sewing doubt among people who might not know a lot about the topic. But they SUCK at presenting anything resembling a rational argument.
If Creationists want to contribute to the understanding of nature they need to study it first.
"Question, Explore and Discover: That is a great idea get busy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word + drop a word (Nov '11) 52 min Princess Hey 5,347
physo jamela 58 min Halan miner 4
***last post wins*** (May '11) 1 hr Sharlene45 13,112
Who Makes Fake I.D.'s? (Jan '10) 2 hr Lite matter 14
just turned 66 and my ss chek was the same 2 hr Another imbecile 6
ky state police 2 hr Fact 8
highway 38 goat 8 hr why 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages