Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156425 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Known fact

Cape Canaveral, FL

#82206 Jul 7, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to those that have a limited education or intellect.... When someone such as your fine self knows so little most people will seem all knowing....
You only assume that I have limited education. I will not lower myself to your level but I will allow someone else to break it down and explain the word ‘assume’ to you. As far as education I would rather have good ole common horse sense than the best education that can be had. If ones like yourself have a head full of book learning but don’t have enough common sense to twiddle your thumbs, what benefit is your so called education?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Campbellsville, KY

#82207 Jul 7, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You only assume that I have limited education. I will not lower myself to your level but I will allow someone else to break it down and explain the word ‘assume’ to you. As far as education I would rather have good ole common horse sense than the best education that can be had. If ones like yourself have a head full of book learning but don’t have enough common sense to twiddle your thumbs, what benefit is your so called education?
The benefit of my so called education is that it allows me the knowledge base to to make the terminally stupid, such as your fine self, admit they are as dumb as a Horse and think it a good thing...

And by the way if you can crank up them fine horse senses you might want to go back a bit and see that I never and any point Assumed anything... What I did along the way was to allow you to at any point display Intellect... To which you failed badly... I made no assumptions.... You see I long ago I thought up a quote that actually is very apropos at this point...

"Tis simple for the intelligent man to feign ignorance, Tis impossible for the ignorant man to feign intellect" - Q
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#82208 Jul 7, 2012
Ephesians 3:17-19
Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#82209 Jul 7, 2012
Life is a series of ups and downs, and each one of us has gone and will go through periods of trial. Knowing that, what is it that gets us through these times, to come out better (not bitter) and stronger? I believe it is faith, hope and love; faith that the Lord will be with us and bring us through these times, hope in the Lord's perfect plan for us, and realization of the God's great love for His children. However, when troubles come in plenty and the soul is weary, most of us find our spirits drooping. At times like these, encouragement can come from many sources, the Bible being one of them. Bible verses can be very helpful in raising our flagging spirits, and giving us the strength to carry on. I have heard many people testify for the Bible's unfailing power to speak to human beings, and provide the exact message that one needs. Personally, in times of strife, these words resonate in my mind, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82210 Jul 8, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
Where does the bible explain Dinosaurs? I'm just curious.
If you will expand yer mind a bit...
You'd know the word 'Dinosaur' did not come about until the 1800's
Read the book of Job... They were called Bohemoth, leviathan, dragons...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82211 Jul 8, 2012
goofy wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZFrkjEgUDZAXX&feature=rel ated the bible is full of mistakes and lies
God is real!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82212 Jul 8, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Very good question. If only we had the shipping manifest from the ark.
Now that's funny!
But the word "Dinosaur" wouldn't be there either!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82213 Jul 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever thought that maybe it's not how much I know but more how little you know it is at issue? "A Know It All only seem such to those that know little"... Since were are using little quotey thingys....
How dare he/she call you a "Know it all"!
The nerve of some people!
You, and I both know you don't!
LOL
God is real!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82214 Jul 8, 2012
Terry wrote:
Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
No not one!
Great post!
Romans
1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the
power of God to salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1:17 For in this is the righteousness of God revealed from faith
to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
ungodliness, and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in
unrighteousness.
1:19 Because that which may be known of God, is manifest in
them; for God hath shown [it] to them.
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
1:21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified [him] not
as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their
imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools:
1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an
image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and
four-footed beasts, and creeping animals.
1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, through the
lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between
themselves:
1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and
served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for
ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up to vile affections. For
even their women did change the natural use into that which is
against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the
woman, burned in their lust one towards another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves
that recompense of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their]
knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those
things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication,
wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder,
debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters,
inventers of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenant-breakers, without natural
affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who, knowing the judgment of God, that they who commit such
things are worthy of death; not only do the same, but have
pleasure in them that do them.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82215 Jul 8, 2012
not 4 my kids wrote:
If God created everything,(Colossians 1:16, Ephesians 3:9, Revelation 4:11 & John 1:3), then he did create the world’s evil (Isaiah 45:7, Lamentations 3:38). Thus, he is responsible. Any being who could create situations such as rape, death, malnutrition, disease, molestation and murder is certainly not fit for worship.
You are mistaken....
He didn't create those situations... Man's heart is Evil!
Ask Sandusky!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82216 Jul 8, 2012
not 4 my kids wrote:
For justice to exist, punishment must fit the crime. No matter how many bad deeds one commits in this world, there is a limit. Yet, hell’s punishment is infinitely greater. It’s eternal. Shouldn’t a sinner suffer until remorse is felt and the crime is atoned for? What “justice” is there in infinite damnation?
God is Good!
He gave you a way out of hell!
Belief in His Son Jesus!
That's ALL you have to do...
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
You can see Who does NOT Want the Light!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82218 Jul 8, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> wouldn't it be even worse to deliberately breed upon a teenage virgin, without her knowledge and consent, to beget a son to torture and murder?
She gave consent...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82219 Jul 8, 2012
Reuters;
BOSTON - Democratic Rep. Barney Frank wed his longtime partner, James Ready, on Saturday, becoming the first sitting congressman to enter into a same-sex marriage.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick officiated the ceremony and added some levity by saying Frank, 72, and Ready, 42, had vowed to love each other through Democratic and Republican administrations alike, and even through appearances on Fox News, according to Al Green, a Democratic congressman from Texas.
72/42
Sandusky/Adopted son
Matt Sandusky, 33, said in the interview with police in Pennsylvania he was molested by Jerry Sandusky, 68, off and on from ages 8 to 15
68/33
43/8
Hmmmmm.... Both Democrat....
Patterns... anyone???
NAMBLA?
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#82220 Jul 8, 2012
God Bless NC!
North Carolina will no longer fund Planned Parenthood, America's largest abortion provider.
Republican lawmakers voted to end all state contracts with private providers of family planning services, overriding Gov. Bev Perdue's veto of de-funding the group for the second time.
The move redirects more than $343,000 from Planned Parenthood to county health departments.
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#82222 Jul 8, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as education, I would rather have good ole common horse sense than the best Sunday school that can be had. If ones like yourself have a head full of Good Book learning but don’t have enough common sense to twiddle your thumbs, what benefit is your so called "education"?
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#82223 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
Reuters;
BOSTON - Democratic Rep. Barney Frank wed his longtime partner, James Ready, on Saturday, becoming the first sitting congressman to enter into a same-sex marriage.
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick officiated the ceremony and added some levity by saying Frank, 72, and Ready, 42, had vowed to love each other through Democratic and Republican administrations alike, and even through appearances on Fox News, according to Al Green, a Democratic congressman from Texas.
72/42
Sandusky/Adopted son
Matt Sandusky, 33, said in the interview with police in Pennsylvania he was molested by Jerry Sandusky, 68, off and on from ages 8 to 15
68/33

43/8
Hmmmmm.... Both Democrat....
Patterns... anyone???
NAMBLA?
Hey, Yikes and Amoron. Frank and Ready met at a fundraiser. Sandusky is a Republican - and so are Larry Craig and Mark Foley.

NAMBLA? You DO post like a priest, now that you mention it.
Wloclawek Warrior

Carson, VA

#82224 Jul 8, 2012
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
There is a lot of good in The Heavenly Father, but to teach it to a stone will not make the stone move. Education begins at home. If your parents have not folded their hands before their meal or knelt to pray prior to bedtime, do you actually think some prejudiced teacher at some liberal school will change his way? Some think Jesus Died on the cross for the sins of the world. He died for the sins of his children, the saved. Then the question arises, whether one has to be a sheep and roll over because to defend ones self is against the turn the other cheek precept, right! Christianity is one of the newest, bloodiest religions ever since the inception of any religion.
Priests raping little boys, the Jehovah Witnesses taking and making key phrases in their Bible to suit them.
When Our Lord Hung on the cross, there was very little written because writing utensils were premium and the fact that reading and writing were nil, so then it went from mouth to mouth and the preacher would have you believe that everything was word for word!!? The first gospel was penned almost a century post JESUS' death and resurrection, if in fact, this incident transpired, and made it through 327 AD, the convention at Nice, when the bishops took and burned 90 plus percent of the holy writ and kept the few items of supposed importance to keep the populance ignorant so that they would pay indulgences!
Heaven or hell is what we make of it. I have seen with my own eyes, as a child, some fat priest try to rape a little boy, a friend of mine, of which I broke up the party, which was called christian youth organization, So I stole the wine out of his refrigerator and the pepperoni and took the kid to the beach and we ate and spoke of what was going on. Ten years ago, he and his brother took and blew their heads off. The priest that did this died of a heart attack in the convent dancing with the nuns.
When I was to be baptized, the Priest took and told my DP father, Dachau graduate, and my god parents at the Catholic church "No money, No Baptism" So dead old dad had a few choice words for him and we went to the Lutheran Church and got it done toot sweet, for free. The preacher said that it was not holy ot deny a service to an infant, baptism on account of money. They still hide the Cretins who sodomized the children in the Roman Catholic Church. I see it in this days paper on the counter. Jesus will not be happy in the coming of the last of days. We will all pay our debt.
Wloclawek Warrior

Carson, VA

#82225 Jul 8, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as education, I would rather have good ole common horse sense than the best Sunday school that can be had. If ones like yourself have a head full of Good Book learning but don’t have enough common sense to twiddle your thumbs, what benefit is your so called "education"?
Education comes through life's journey, whether or not out in the street or in some school. Common sense wins
Wloclawek Warrior

Carson, VA

#82226 Jul 8, 2012
Who said it so well? Do not be afraid of the person who can destroy your body, but of the one who can destroy your body and cast your soul into Hell fire?
Wloclawek Warrior

Carson, VA

#82227 Jul 8, 2012
Every Bible man has their own interpretation and seeks out the money from the congregants. Go to Buffalo N.Y. Look down Broadway street and see all the empty Catholic Churches, Big splendid buildings, Why are they now empty and fenced off. The priests are wolves in sheep's clothing.
You want salvation, go to your prayer closet and what you ask for in secret the LORD will openly give it to you.
Teaching the Bible in school depends on the qualifications of the teacher. Once, there was this pair of well dressed who came to my door professing the LORD. I told them to testify. You would have thought, by their look, I had hit them in the head with an axe handle. If you cannot testify, how can you teach.
This begins at home, Prayer is not a form of art to be pencil and paper tested on, it is a style of life,
When a child, I was saved. Learned to speak, read and write German from comparing the KJV of the bible against Martin Luther's Bible. Went to Southeast Asia as a Killer, saved? yes or no? Yes, Kill? Yes. Did David Kill? yes. Did Solomon kill? Yes. School is rife with idiot teachers and administration, and then teach the bible after this country took Marilyn Murray O,Hare who made it possible to be out. stay out, because the teachers would not be qualified to teach what they do themselves not understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Movin to Harlan 28 min Possibley Reconsider 5
Tasha creech (jenkins) 2 hr ccc 10
Jessica Lewis Pregnant 2 hr JESSICA LEWIS 19
Mitch McConnell said coal was coming back 9 hr Steve 17
Dalton Cox (Dec '15) 11 hr KillyourselfKids 9
News KSP commissions new CVE officers 12 hr Mac 1
Kentucky Justice (Nov '13) 23 hr Your a dummy 697

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance