Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80902 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean GREAT question. "God heals souls"? He can't even grow a toe back! I can imagine how it must have felt for you to read that Reverend. Two solid quotes from the book of fairy tales. Irrefutable evidence of god's instructions for his majic healing. Then a heartfelt, earnest prayer with words I'm sure you've used yourself and then the scenario and the unrefutable results of 4,000 years of recorded history to back up the scenario....and all you got is to "stop asking such questions, stop tormenting yourself, give your soul a rest."
I expected as much. Usually when a christian responds to that question, they quote a verse or two.
It must have really tore you up, Rev.
WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES???????
Sure. Iíd be willing to go ďgreatĒ on that question. No problem. Thereís often a thin line of distinction.

Now you ask if God heals souls. I thought I had made that perfectly clear that He does.

Then you ask if He could grow a toe back. What are you leading up to, a full organ recital? Of course God could replace a toe. Who do you think invented toes in the first place and created every toe known to mankind? Donít you know that in His infinite wisdom, He knows that healing souls goes right to the root cause, so He chooses not to just replace body parts. He performs miracles, but generally steers clear of performing parlor tricks. Sure, Jesus sometimes laid on hands to help in a pinch, but that was just to demonstrate that He is the Son, not some common Israelite.

Now go in peace and be whole again.

“For The Love Of GOD”

Since: Nov 11

Awaiting My Home

#80903 Jun 19, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
And you donít see that as a problem? My goodness
All children need to be steeped in good Christian family values. We canít have some people killing or coveting their neighbors just because their particular ďinterpretationĒ of the Bible says it may be OK. The KJV is the ultimate authority of Godís Holy Word.
Turn or burn.
Bible Study should be offered in all schools, but not mandatory, IMO. My morals, ethics, and values were first and foremost taught to me at home beginning at early childhood. We cannot expect our schools to give us more than a basic education. Furthermore, forcing God or any religion on others accomplishes nothing. We have churches and Bible study offered in many other institutions for those willing to open themselves to it. Otherwise, it is meaningless.

Mark 4:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

One needs no middle~man to learn of the Lord and His teachings. It's all neatly contained in one package. God's Word, the Holy Bible.

Peace Out ;;;;
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80904 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
For all reading this drivel and those spouting it (that's you Rev and you Yes and Amen). This'll really make their collective sphincters clench.
There is an actual website called
whydoesntgodhealamputees.com
and here is the opening page:
"Is God real, or is he imaginary?
Is God real, or is he imaginary? It is one of the most important questions you can ask yourself.
If God is real and if God inspired the Bible, then we should worship God as the Bible demands. We should certainly post the Ten Commandments in our courthouses and shopping centers, put "In God We Trust" on the money and pray in our schools. We should focus our society on God and his infallible Word because our everlasting souls hang in the balance.
On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional.
But how can we decide, conclusively, whether God is real or imaginary?
Since we are intelligent human beings living in the 21st century, we should take the time to look at some data. That is what we are doing when we ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?"
If you are an intelligent human being, and if you want to understand the true nature of God, you owe it to yourself to ask, "Why won't God heal amputees?" Start your exploration here:"
I encourage everyone to check out this site. I am not affliated with it, by the way.
Godís Word is not ďdrivel.Ē You should shop elsewhere if you believe weíre talking drivel. Iím glad youíve discovered Sister Hickeyís web site and hope you can find more inspiration there. Thanks for shopping Glasgow Forum. Turn or burn.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80905 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Sure. Iíd be willing to go ďgreatĒ on that question. No problem. Thereís often a thin line of distinction.
Now you ask if God heals souls. I thought I had made that perfectly clear that He does.
Then you ask if He could grow a toe back. What are you leading up to, a full organ recital? Of course God could replace a toe. Who do you think invented toes in the first place and created every toe known to mankind? Donít you know that in His infinite wisdom, He knows that healing souls goes right to the root cause, so He chooses not to just replace body parts. He performs miracles, but generally steers clear of performing parlor tricks. Sure, Jesus sometimes laid on hands to help in a pinch, but that was just to demonstrate that He is the Son, not some common Israelite.
Now go in peace and be whole again.
No I didn't ask could your god heal souls. I was being sarcastic about an incredulous statement, which meant all you had to rebuff with was "god heals souls."
So go "could" grow a toe back. Could, just has never done it. Hmmmmm. Okay.
I doubt I would classify that as a "parlor trick". I rather think that would be difinative proof he's up there on his cloud or whatever. He "could" do it, its just he "chooses" not to. Hmmmmmm.
But the fairy tale book lays out in unequivacal terms that ANY illness or infirmary SHALL be healed if one only pray earnestly through jesus' name. So, by your reasoning, if an christian amputee prayed earnestly to be healed, god simply chooses not to answer his/her prayer?
Why? Because he would rather heal "the soul", something that cannot be seen or verified. He magically heals brain tumors and lung cancer, right? Something that cannot be seen, so he can get alll the glory for it? But not a limb?
You can dodge my question all you want, you can thump that blood-soaked book all you want, you can scare me all you want, but you cannot give ONE decent answer to this question.
You're a joke, your religion is an even bigger joke and your god is the biggest one of all.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80906 Jun 19, 2012
Peace For Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Study should be offered in all schools, but not mandatory, IMO. My morals, ethics, and values were first and foremost taught to me at home beginning at early childhood. We cannot expect our schools to give us more than a basic education. Furthermore, forcing God or any religion on others accomplishes nothing. We have churches and Bible study offered in many other institutions for those willing to open themselves to it. Otherwise, it is meaningless.
Mark 4:
12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
One needs no middle~man to learn of the Lord and His teachings. It's all neatly contained in one package. God's Word, the Holy Bible.
Peace Out ;;;;
Well, Peace for Christ, if its all "neatly contained in one package", why don't you answer my question? I notice you never weighed in on it. You just cheerlead for posters like the Rev here.

WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#80907 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>Bertrand Russell was a left-wing trouble-maker who tried to remake Britain in his own image. But who appointed him God’s publisher. No one appointed him Biblical spokesperson. Jesus doesn’t have any flaws in His moral character. As an esteemed member of the Holy Trinity, He defines and perfectly exemplifies morality.

Did we ask Hitler to critique the US Constitution? Let’s get real and move on to less blasphemous content.
I suspect you are not serious.

If Jesus had perfect moral character why didn't he say something about the wrongness of slavery? He seems to have been a decent fellow, a very good moral teacher. But perfection is nit a human trait and Jesus was human if anything.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80908 Jun 19, 2012
Ann Coulter is Supremely Stupid

&fe ature=related
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80909 Jun 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Brother Micah's Condemned List
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ec4E2Ei_3NIXX&feature=rel ated
turn or burn
Brother Micah is one of our groupís finest ambassadors to the underbelly world of sin and depravity, selflessly risking life and limb to minister to the needs of the whoremonger community. We taught him well an he exemplifies our ďtell it like it is, no holds barredĒ penetration to reach and save souls. Doing Godís work isnít always pretty or appreciated, just an altruistic demonstration of servitude. Thank you Brother Micah!

Turn or burn.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#80910 Jun 19, 2012
The Big Bang Theory
"you got to be kidding"
God.

Creationists End Civilization

&fe ature=related

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#80911 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Peace for Christ, if its all "neatly contained in one package", why don't you answer my question? I notice you never weighed in on it. You just cheerlead for posters like the Rev here.
WHY DOESN'T GOD HEAL AMPUTEES?
Are you an amputee?? I see you've asked this in an endless number of posts. It is an unfortunate loss to live with, I know. Disease, illness, death, suffering, and all other negative aspects of life are the result of sin. We are ALL sinners. Until sin entered the world, none of this existed. Total healing does not come until after death. God never promised it would. Jesus suffered, Paul suffered many maladies, and most all His closest endured many hardships and horrible deaths. Why should we expect to be treated better??

2 Chron. 7:

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80912 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't ask could your god heal souls. I was being sarcastic about an incredulous statement, which meant all you had to rebuff with was "god heals souls."
So go "could" grow a toe back. Could, just has never done it. Hmmmmm. Okay.
I doubt I would classify that as a "parlor trick". I rather think that would be difinative proof he's up there on his cloud or whatever. He "could" do it, its just he "chooses" not to. Hmmmmmm.
But the fairy tale book lays out in unequivacal terms that ANY illness or infirmary SHALL be healed if one only pray earnestly through jesus' name. So, by your reasoning, if an christian amputee prayed earnestly to be healed, god simply chooses not to answer his/her prayer?
Why? Because he would rather heal "the soul", something that cannot be seen or verified. He magically heals brain tumors and lung cancer, right? Something that cannot be seen, so he can get alll the glory for it? But not a limb?
You can dodge my question all you want, you can thump that blood-soaked book all you want, you can scare me all you want, but you cannot give ONE decent answer to this question.
You're a joke, your religion is an even bigger joke and your god is the biggest one of all.
Oh ye of little faith! Surrender to Jesus, stop being a hater and give your weary soul a well deserved rest, as Iíve previously advised you.

Iím sorry I missed that you were being sarcastic.I personally donít mind your sarcasm, but Iím not sure God would approve. As Iíve previously requested, please organ recitals. God soothes souls. Isnít that enough?

Turn or burn.

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#80913 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh ye of little faith! Surrender to Jesus, stop being a hater and give your weary soul a well deserved rest, as Iíve previously advised you.
Iím sorry I missed that you were being sarcastic.I personally donít mind your sarcasm, but Iím not sure God would approve. As Iíve previously requested, please organ recitals. God soothes souls. Isnít that enough?
Turn or burn.
"Burn", you say??
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80914 Jun 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Turn or burn.
No, me of NO faith. I will never surrender to any fictional character. I love many, but hate only idiots. My soul is not "weary" and I certainly don't need advice from you. And I personally don't give two s*its what god would approve of. I don't approve of him. Nice to know you profess to think what god would and would not approve of. Typical christian answer. You offer nothing...just like your religion.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80915 Jun 19, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect you are not serious.
If Jesus had perfect moral character why didn't he say something about the wrongness of slavery? He seems to have been a decent fellow, a very good moral teacher. But perfection is nit a human trait and Jesus was human if anything.
OK, here we go again. Jesus doesnít make slavery or any other social injustice a talking point any more than God chooses to replace or fix a long list of organs. You want to prove that they are defective because the way the run the show doesnít meet with your full approval.

No one said God & Son were happy with the work of Satan. Au contrair!

Turn or burn.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80916 Jun 19, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
Ann Coulter is Supremely Stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WJGi110hIzQXX&feature=rel ated
I have personally taken it upon myself to submit her name to our Prayer Committee to be put immediately on the Intensive Intervention Track. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

Turn or burn.
Idiot Hater

Russell Springs, KY

#80917 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an amputee?? I see you've asked this in an endless number of posts. It is an unfortunate loss to live with, I know. Disease, illness, death, suffering, and all other negative aspects of life are the result of sin. We are ALL sinners. Until sin entered the world, none of this existed. Total healing does not come until after death. God never promised it would. Jesus suffered, Paul suffered many maladies, and most all His closest endured many hardships and horrible deaths. Why should we expect to be treated better??
2 Chron. 7:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
I am not and if I was I'd now know that when it comes to your god's grace and mercy, I would just be s*it out of luck. Wouldn't I? You must be a cheerleader of the Rev. Ha. Some example you follow. YOU can't answer the question, either. Those haikus in that little fairy tale book doesn't say,"pray for healing and you'll be made whole after death." It says PRAY IN MY NAME AND YOU WILL BE HEALED. But yet, god won't or can't heal amputees in the here and now when it matters. An amputee doesn't want his "land" healed, he wants his limb back like your god promised.

I scoff at all you superstitious cowards.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80918 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Chron. 7:
Just a quick business question: May I use you screen name as the title for my next illustrated book?
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80919 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Burn", you say??
Yes.

Turn or burn.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#80920 Jun 19, 2012
Idiot Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not and if I was I'd now know that when it comes to your god's grace and mercy, I would just be s*it out of luck. Wouldn't I? You must be a cheerleader of the Rev. Ha. Some example you follow. YOU can't answer the question, either. Those haikus in that little fairy tale book doesn't say,"pray for healing and you'll be made whole after death." It says PRAY IN MY NAME AND YOU WILL BE HEALED. But yet, god won't or can't heal amputees in the here and now when it matters. An amputee doesn't want his "land" healed, he wants his limb back like your god promised.
I scoff at all you superstitious cowards.
Iíd just like to leave some tracts for you to read, in case you might change your mind.

Turn or burn.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#80921 Jun 19, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Chron. 7:
People were healed all throughout the bible. There are promises of good health and other blessings by God.

You say that all the horrible things in the world are the result of sin, but is that fair? Is it fair that others doing wrong leads to the suffering of those who are not culpable? Even if someone sins (which sins don't exist in the sense that you believe), I don't think they necessarily deserve punishment. Someone who works on the sabbath shouldn't get cancer. Someone who covets doesn't deserve to die in a plane crash.

What do you make of the fact that all other animals have diseases and die? Did they sin? Do they deserve to suffer because of the supposed origin of sin?

You ask why we should expect to be treated better than those who have suffered and experienced great pain. Let me ask you something: why should anyone be subjected to such pain for eternity because they simply do not believe in God? Why do I have a greater sense of morality than the god you believe in? Why is it that I know humans shouldn't suffer or have to just endure hardships because of this ridiculous idea that we are committing imaginary crimes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittany lewis 3 min you know 8
***last post wins*** (May '11) 6 min Wabbit 2,060
Ashley goldsberry 14 min marki 4
carlie osborne is a lier to make people feel so... 41 min Carlie 30
the music thread (Jan '12) 1 hr pusherman_ 1,216
looking for a male pitbull to breed with my female (Sep '10) 5 hr kionnis 322
Pure Romance Parties 6 hr Truth 17
More from around the web

Harlan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE