Since: Apr 09

Harlan

#1 Apr 18, 2009
My husband is looking for a job. Underground. He's got experience but it's been hard for him to get one. It's a shame... But anyways, anyone know any mines that are hiring in or close to Harlan? He's even willing to go to VA.
CE CE

London, KY

#2 Apr 18, 2009
Is he on drugs or has he been on drugs in the past?

Harlan

#3 Apr 18, 2009
Nope, he's not on drugs. The only time that he has ever taken them was when he had surgery on his tailbone.

Harlan

#4 Apr 18, 2009
He's such a good worker.. He worked for T.L Bayne for 11 years and only missed about a week total. He's always early and on time... It makes me wonder why he can't get a job...

Harlan

#5 Apr 19, 2009
I guess no one knows of anything right now? If you learn anything please post on here.. Thank you so much..
answer man

Anderson, SC

#6 Apr 22, 2009
Bree-84 wrote:
I guess no one knows of anything right now? If you learn anything please post on here.. Thank you so much..
I work at cumberland river coal, in letcher county, we could use a few underground. Does he have any other certifications?

Harlan

#7 Apr 22, 2009
Umm.. I don't think so.. But can you tell me where it's at cause he really does need a job.. He's such a good worker... Is there a number he can call for directions?
randy

Mount Vernon, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2009
thank you for that i have the numbers to call
Wild Hair

United States

#9 Apr 22, 2009
ood luck Bree I hope ur husband finds a job. The facts are with the machines they're using they dont need as many miners. Mountain Top Removal is taking the miners jobs. It's so sad how they're taking the mountains and dont even need workers for the land they rape and kill,machines are taking the jobs. We knew the time would come. The days are here where the precious few mining jobs there are is reserved for kinfolk and such with ties. Good luck and God bless.

Harlan

#10 Apr 22, 2009
Wild Hair wrote:
ood luck Bree I hope ur husband finds a job. The facts are with the machines they're using they dont need as many miners. Mountain Top Removal is taking the miners jobs. It's so sad how they're taking the mountains and dont even need workers for the land they rape and kill,machines are taking the jobs. We knew the time would come. The days are here where the precious few mining jobs there are is reserved for kinfolk and such with ties. Good luck and God bless.
Thank you very much... And yes, I agree with your post completely.. It's so hard to have a good life now... He can't find a job anywhere and it's really impacting us...

Harlan

#11 Apr 22, 2009
Even I can't find one! I've looked...
Wild Hair

United States

#12 Apr 22, 2009
Did you knoe Phlebotomy (misspell 4 blood drawer) class only last six weeks? I couldn't believe you can get certified in such a short time. That's my plan. They need nurses so bad they'll just asbout pay you to go to school. Those medical jobs are always going to be there.I went to the FAFSA sight here in Tn. and they said I could go to school %100 free! They need nurses real bad. If my crazy cousin can do it anybody could. Once again I wish you all the luck, and many blessings.
Wild Hair

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2009
Forgive all the mispellings it's late and I'm getting tired. Good night and God bless to all.
lao

Harlan, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2009
lokinjgfukbkib

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Pikeville Parent 161,226
106.3 a joke 59 min guest 7
Michelle Engle stay away from Michael 5 hr Addylovesmichael 3
Rick Bledsoe 7 hr Lol 1
Is the Harlan family dollar ever going to open 10 hr John 13
Son buying dope up in Pathfork 14 hr Jamie 23
Larry Nolan Bledsoe 17 hr goober 4

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages