Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

You know back a few months ago when coal was really suffering. The tree huggers was rejoicing, laughing and mocking the mining industry. And many of them swore that coal would disappear within a decade. And they burnt up their computers searching tree hugger web sites to find very long drawn out explanations to verify their comments. I never seen so many charts and graphs in all my life! HA!

And thats when I posted a few comments stating that the worlds coal consumption was expected to rise 35% by the year 2035. And I made the statement that if we could tap into those foreign markets coal would rebound.

Now I was laughed at, scoffed at and some said I was merely going by rumors unfounded in facts....

Well Lookie here!!! HA HA HA!

Ole raw was right again. PSSSSTT And I didn't need any charts or graphs either. HA!

Southern coal is calling all the men they laid off back to work and plans to hire and additional 600 miners. Lone mountain is calling back their laid off miners. And a surface mine in Hazard is getting ready to go full blast. They now have a contract to sell even their steam coal. And Arch coal has built a HUGE shipping dock in Canada to ship coal ... HA ! OVERSEAS!

And why, do you ask coal is currently on an up-swing? Because they have singed contracts with ........ Ahem China and India.

Ky and West Virginia signed a contract with India for 9 BILLION tons of coal.

Well looks like ole raw gets the last laugh!

Now c'mon lets hear the apologies!

Course I know that will never happen. I'll bet that when the tree huggers that was arguing this with me reads this thread. They'll burn 'em computers up searching their tree hugger web sites to post a viable response. But the fact remains that ole raw was CORRECT!.... AGAIN!

Now I fully expect Obama and the EPA (In the very near future) to try to put a stop to our selling coal overseas. But that does not change the fact that I was right after all.

Suck on that you coal haters!

Have a Good'un!

Unless yer a tree hugger. If yer a tree hugger. Kiss my ......

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
You know back a few months ago when coal was really suffering. The tree huggers was rejoicing, laughing and mocking the mining industry. And many of them swore that coal would disappear within a decade. And they burnt up their computers searching tree hugger web sites to find very long drawn out explanations to verify their comments. I never seen so many charts and graphs in all my life! HA!
And thats when I posted a few comments stating that the worlds coal consumption was expected to rise 35% by the year 2035. And I made the statement that if we could tap into those foreign markets coal would rebound.
Now I was laughed at, scoffed at and some said I was merely going by rumors unfounded in facts....
Ole raw was right again. PSSSSTT And I didn't need any charts or graphs either. HA!
Southern coal is calling all the men they laid off back to work and plans to hire and additional 600 miners. Lone mountain is calling back their laid off miners. And a surface mine in Hazard is getting ready to go full blast. They now have a contract to sell even their steam coal. And Arch coal has built a HUGE shipping dock in Canada to ship coal ... HA ! OVERSEAS!
And why, do you ask coal is currently on an up-swing? Because they have singed contracts with ........ Ahem China and India.
Course I know that will never happen. I'll bet that when the tree huggers that was arguing this with me reads this thread. They'll burn 'em computers up searching their tree hugger web sites to post a viable response. But the fact remains that ole raw was CORRECT!.... AGAIN!
Now I fully expect Obama and the EPA (In the very near future) to try to put a stop to our selling coal overseas. But that does not change the fact that I was right after all.
Have a Good'un!
This is really just a ploy by our gov't to give billions of Indians and Chinese cancer, so we can then sell them medicine that doesn't work. Talk about a good plan to thin those guys out a little lol. Jokes aside, Raw, you really aren't correct. Sure, you're right about companies trying to get into overseas markets, and maybe about SOME mines rehiring a few men. But in the end, coal is a fossil fuel, it will run out, it causes damaging acid rain, mercury contamination, causes cancer, makes everything around here filthy, and MTR will NEVER lead to progress in an area like Harlan Co. You can't deny anything I just said. Coal is bad for our species, and the more we burn it, the more we will suffer. With Obamacare kicking in, WE will have to literally PAY for burning coal. You don't even consider the medical costs that accumulate every year as a result of burning coal. IT MAKES PEOPLE SICK! You don't consider the damage to our already ancient infrastructure. The devastation to our clean water(which will be the most valuable of all resources) due to world population growth. And don't give me this sh!t about some kind of miracle chemical that turns coal slurry into Aquafina, it's still a chemical. You're like a lot of people on topix, you either refuse, or lack the ability to see the big picture. You're just selfish, man. Maybe if the company you work for didn't have you by the nads, you could see the error of your ways. But they OWN you, Rawass. And they always will. You don't have the cajones to stand up for the right thing, so you sheepishly follow orders from your King Coal.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
This is really just a ploy by our gov't to give billions of Indians and Chinese cancer, so we can then sell them medicine that doesn't work. Talk about a good plan to thin those guys out a little lol. Jokes aside, Raw, you really aren't correct. Sure, you're right about companies trying to get into overseas markets, and maybe about SOME mines rehiring a few men. But in the end, coal is a fossil fuel, it will run out, it causes damaging acid rain, mercury contamination, causes cancer, makes everything around here filthy, and MTR will NEVER lead to progress in an area like Harlan Co. You can't deny anything I just said. Coal is bad for our species, and the more we burn it, the more we will suffer. With Obamacare kicking in, WE will have to literally PAY for burning coal. You don't even consider the medical costs that accumulate every year as a result of burning coal. IT MAKES PEOPLE SICK! You don't consider the damage to our already ancient infrastructure. The devastation to our clean water(which will be the most valuable of all resources) due to world population growth. And don't give me this sh!t about some kind of miracle chemical that turns coal slurry into Aquafina, it's still a chemical. You're like a lot of people on topix, you either refuse, or lack the ability to see the big picture. You're just selfish, man. Maybe if the company you work for didn't have you by the nads, you could see the error of your ways. But they OWN you, Rawass. And they always will. You don't have the cajones to stand up for the right thing, so you sheepishly follow orders from your King Coal.
Thanks for proving me right on another point. I said you tree huggers would post some long drawn out response. HA HA HA!

Oh by the way aren't you the idiot that said I was WRONG back a few months ago?? HA! And aren't you the one who said my info was NOT based on facts and that I was just repeating something that my brothers sisters cousin said? Wasn't that you? HA HA HA!

How do you feel about those FACTS now? Because it is a FACT that these mines are now calling men back to work becuase they are selling coal ..... OVERSEAS! HA HA HA HA!

Hows that for a stupid ole coal mining Hillbilly? No charts and graphs needed! HA!

Whats CROW taste like?

Hey idiot I never once championed coal in this thread. I never once said it was clean in this thread. And I never once said it would NEVER be phased out.

All I said a few months ago was that coal companies were trying to get into the foreign markets. And I said that if they did coal would make a come back.

And I WAS CORRECT! Was I not?

Oh yeah and that contract to India was for ...wait for it.... wait for it.... TEN YEARS!

Have a Goo...... Wait ... Wait a minute!! Yer a tree hugger right? Well in that case Kiss my......

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving me right on another point. I said you tree huggers would post some long drawn out response. HA HA HA!
Oh by the way aren't you the idiot that said I was WRONG back a few months ago?? HA! And aren't you the one who said my info was NOT based on facts and that I was just repeating something that my brothers sisters cousin said? Wasn't that you? HA HA HA!
How do you feel about those FACTS now? Because it is a FACT that these mines are now calling men back to work becuase they are selling coal ..... OVERSEAS! HA HA HA HA!
Hows that for a stupid ole coal mining Hillbilly? No charts and graphs needed! HA!
Whats CROW taste like?
Hey idiot I never once championed coal in this thread. I never once said it was clean in this thread. And I never once said it would NEVER be phased out.
All I said a few months ago was that coal companies were trying to get into the foreign markets. And I said that if they did coal would make a come back.
And I WAS CORRECT! Was I not?
Oh yeah and that contract to India was for ...wait for it.... wait for it.... TEN YEARS!
Have a Goo...... Wait ... Wait a minute!! Yer a tree hugger right? Well in that case Kiss my......
Didn't you also say Obama was going to kill coal?

Seems making a prediction of BOTH directions will make you right 100% of the time, right?

I.e. I predict you will respond to this post. And I predict you won't respond to this post. Therefore I am right.
hear ya

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Haha. Raw is fos!

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems making a prediction of BOTH directions will make you right 100% of the time, right?
I.e. I predict you will respond to this post. And I predict you won't respond to this post. Therefore I am right.
Well NOPE!

All I'm saying is that if OBAMA and his cronies at the EPA dont stop it! Coal will rebound. Hey guess what? Its happening!

Allow me to try to teach you and that simpleton Guest a thing or two.

I dont care what any tree hugger says, I dont care what your little charts and graphs show and I dont care what professor Leaf at Evergreen U says.

I know people. And I have something called common sense. And I have lived a little. And all of these things teach me one thing.

Pay attention you may learn something.

As long as ANYONE can make a PROFIT mining coal...IT WILL BE MINED!

Men love NOTHING as much as they do money. And if money can be made mining coal, someone will mine it. Now granted it may not be on a large scale. But when speaking of coal, you're talking about MONEY laying in the ground. And the rich and powerful are NOT going to set and watch that MONEY go to waste. The only way stop it. Is to outlaw mining completely. Or drive the cost so high that it would not be profitable to mine it. Which is what Obama has been desperately trying to do.

Surely you're not so naive and stupid to believe that the law makers who side with green energy support green energy becuase they care for the ... ENVIRONMENT? Surely you aren't stupid enough to believe that one?

I'll put it to you this way. They would let you strip mine the White House lawn if they thought they could get enough money out of the kick backs. The only GREEN anyone cares about (Even I would say about 90% of your tree huggers) is the kind of green you can fold and put in your billfold. That green makes the world go around Bub. Maybe you and guest just cant understand that simple fact of life.

Oh by the way.

My wife's brothers sisters cousin sure must know what they're talking about huh? HA HA HA HA!

You kiss my .... Too!

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh by the way.

I NEVER said that Obama was gong to kill coal. I said Obama would LOVE to destroy coal. But so far he has not been successful. He's hurt it... BAD! But its still here. And as long as money is made from it. It will be mined.

And of source I said IF! They're are variables to any situation. dont you know that? Nothing is set in stone. EVERYTHING has an IF to it moron!

It still dont change the fact that I was CORRECT! HA !

Now why dont you ask Guest for a big ole slice of that crow he's eating, and shut up?!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh by the way.
I NEVER said that Obama was gong to kill coal. I said Obama would LOVE to destroy coal. But so far he has not been successful. He's hurt it... BAD! But its still here. And as long as money is made from it. It will be mined.
And of source I said IF! They're are variables to any situation. dont you know that? Nothing is set in stone. EVERYTHING has an IF to it moron!
Now why dont you ask Guest for a big ole slice of that crow he's eating, and shut up?!
Funny, for something he "hurt" it is doing pretty well, eh?

I guess that means it wasn't hurt that badly after all - which makes your prior rants complete hyperbole.

Funny that you tell me to shut up when I poke holes in everything you write - yet seem incapable of doing that exact thing you tell me to do.
southern man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Obama pushed for the contract .
Raw you are mad because republicans lied to you and you fell for it now thank all the ppl who seen the republican party for what they are and saved your a$$.

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The GOP is a sinking ship. As far as Raw is concerned, let him think what he will. He's just a guy with opinion like the rest of us. He can't claim to be a better person than any tree hugger though, because here he is doing the same thing on the other side. Coal has always been up and down. The one thing I predicted is more down times than up times in the future. We just need to move people like Raw next door to one of these coal plants; and then he can see the destruction he is causing his neighbors by being a puppet for arguably the most corrupt industry in the history of our Republic. It still astounds me though that Raw talks about all this money being made, yet Harlan County is one of the poorest counties in the country. You just seem blind to what's really going on here. My concerns are more about the people, and you can't have healthy, prosperous people in a dirty, contaminated environment.
Obama2012

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

I like how raw contradicts himself so much. I could go back in the forums and find where he conspired that Obama hated coal and would do everything in his power to stop it.

I honestly don't give a damn about coal. If it brings in jobs then let's do it, but let's not pretend this is going to remain a thriving business for generations to come. We'll see the whole coal industry hit rock bottom in less than half a century.

I've never really understood the hype we give about coal. It's a nonrenewable resource that WILL run out. Yeah it gives people jobs, but let's not act like it's gods gift to man, or that it's the most valuable mineral on this planet. Prostitution also gives people jobs. It reminds me of King of the Hill with propane.
IND

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

from what i can see Obama has the GOP and the repub's bent over the cliff.one way or the other they going get it.and now the fillibuster not going work any more, they have figured out using it is against constitution.the law was not wrote until 20 yrs after the constitution was made.and it only takes 51 votes to over turn it not 60 .as the repub's was thinking.looks like Mitch luck run out.
simpleton

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

The thing that happened with coal was that the operators wanted to crap on their workers and the communities that they operate in. They thought that if they played the victim enough that everyone would get behind them and maybe Romney would win the election. They were banking on him getting rid of all kinds of regulations that made it more expensive for them to operate. They had enough money piled up to get by and just used miners as pawns. When Obama won, they knew they might as well put people back to work. The sad thing is that most miners willingly accepted the role as pawn. Watch and see what happens in the 2016 election. They'll use us as pawns again.
ind

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

simpleton wrote:
The thing that happened with coal was that the operators wanted to crap on their workers and the communities that they operate in. They thought that if they played the victim enough that everyone would get behind them and maybe Romney would win the election. They were banking on him getting rid of all kinds of regulations that made it more expensive for them to operate. They had enough money piled up to get by and just used miners as pawns. When Obama won, they knew they might as well put people back to work. The sad thing is that most miners willingly accepted the role as pawn. Watch and see what happens in the 2016 election. They'll use us as pawns again.
you have hit the nail on the head.but the big boys going have pay out big hunks of that laid up cash after the first of the year.they can keep it and loose it or use it to make more of it with.i think they going use it.and all the coal they have leases on and own that counted as dollars to so the longer it lays the more they loose.they have to mine it they got no other choice but loose it. they wont do that.coal will boom. again.
jimbo

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
Have a Good'un!
Raw didnt you say obama and the epa were closing down all the coal mines with their regulations if he got back in office.It sounds to me like you flipflop more than rommey did,by the way did you see in the news that he wants to help get obamacare off to a good start.so i guess you going to say you didnt say those things now but its ok i understand you just wont to be right about something.
jimbo

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh by the way.
you are really just a rawass lier

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, for something he "hurt" it is doing pretty well, eh?
I guess that means it wasn't hurt that badly after all - which makes your prior rants complete hyperbole.
Funny that you tell me to shut up when I poke holes in everything you write - yet seem incapable of doing that exact thing you tell me to do.
You couldn't poke yer finger up yer rump.

Now try to understand this a little bit goofy.

I NEVER! EVER! said that coal was not hurting!! It is.

But now here's the kicker. Try to keep up if you can.

It is on the REBOUND! Get it?

It was, and still is suffering! But things are looking up. Now why would coal be on the rebound if it was doing well?

Let my try to explain it to you this way. When Bush was in office coal was selling for over $100.00 dollars a ton. But now becuase of Obama's EPA, coal is not selling for half that. But the demand is on the upswing in spite of Obama! He's pretty much closed down the American markets but the demand for coal overseas ifs on the rise.

Whew man try to think a little o.k?

Your like trying to talk to some sixth grade retard!

Am I going to have to do this with every comment? Am I going to have to dumb down EVERYTHING for you?

Man yer stupid!

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Raw didnt you say obama and the epa were closing down all the coal mines with their regulations if he got back in office.It sounds to me like you flipflop more than rommey did,by the way did you see in the news that he wants to help get obamacare off to a good start.so i guess you going to say you didnt say those things now but its ok i understand you just wont to be right about something.
I see you dont pay attention to what you read either huh?

I said Obama and the EPA WANTED to close down mining. And anyone with any sense knows thats the truth.

But we are now selling coal overseas. You know over there? Other nations? Where the EPA has no authority. Get an education man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't poke yer finger up yer rump.
Now try to understand this a little bit goofy.
I NEVER! EVER! said that coal was not hurting!! It is.
But now here's the kicker. Try to keep up if you can.
It is on the REBOUND! Get it?
It was, and still is suffering! But things are looking up. Now why would coal be on the rebound if it was doing well?
Let my try to explain it to you this way. When Bush was in office coal was selling for over $100.00 dollars a ton. But now becuase of Obama's EPA, coal is not selling for half that. But the demand is on the upswing in spite of Obama! He's pretty much closed down the American markets but the demand for coal overseas ifs on the rise.
Whew man try to think a little o.k?
Your like trying to talk to some sixth grade retard!
Am I going to have to do this with every comment? Am I going to have to dumb down EVERYTHING for you?
Man yer stupid!
You do know they have medications now to help you with your lack of memory, paranoia, and irritability, right?

Isn't it ironic that you make "sixth grade retard" and "stupid" comments to try to insult me when actually behaving like one? If you have to resort to constant attacks to try to drive home your point, you had no point to begin with. Poor guy.

I am sorry you can't communicate effectively with adult words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you dont pay attention to what you read either huh?
I said Obama and the EPA WANTED to close down mining. And anyone with any sense knows thats the truth.
But we are now selling coal overseas. You know over there? Other nations? Where the EPA has no authority. Get an education man.
Seems the person with memory problem about what you write and spew is you. If one person remembers you stating things a certain way, it is possibly miscommunication. When MULTIPLE people remember it - it is much more likely you are the one who doesn't remember your rants.

It is astounding.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why do poor people have children? 20 min seriously the original 6
Harlan mcdonalds. 37 min The Tazewell Bulldog 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min American Lady 146,103
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min curious 128,564
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr but now 81,566
Russell Alred Should Be Wearing Prison Stripes.... (Jul '12) 4 hr Good Grief 98
Luttrell arrested again 4 hr guest 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••