|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Tommy Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
I would take a trip to Sarah Ann if you get the chance. OK...Logan isn't that bad, but it isn't that good either. It made the Drudge Report several times for being bad azz, and I noticed it was the one the Westboro Baptist Church (you know...the guys that said all miners are F ags?) decided not to go to for their own safety! They would have gotten their azzez kicked and handed to them on a silver platter. I lived there and know the place. They would be in the heart of Hatfield country. The church made a wise choice. HA HA!
But the Hatfield Cemetery is something to look at. Logan has lots of things going for it. I don't think it is much worse than parts of Eastern Kentucky (Harlan) for nuts. However, if you have a gun, it might be good to take it.
I saw where the folks in Logan pretty much ran the WestBoro Baptist Church off. And all i can say about that is. Hats off to the folks in Logan. Those Westbrook idiots needed to be run off.

But as for Logan, Harlan, or any other Southeastern Ky, West Virginia, Virginia small town, they're all pretty much the same. Harlan got its bad rep becuase of all the labor feuds from back in the day. And it has never been able to shed its bad reputation when actually its no worse than any other small Appalachian town.

Just like the Hatfield's/McCoys they may have lived across the river from each other and in different states. But they were basically the same type of people...... "Hillbillies"

I'll tell you one thing I admire about West Virginia. They support their COAL MINERS. Nearly the entire state has come together to fight for their miners. Here in Ky much of our state (Frankfort, Louisville, Lexington) is dead set against coal miners. Its a shame too. They think that all they are doing is shutting down coal miners. But when they lose all of that coal severance tax money their going to regret it. I would bet that coal severance tax money pays for more bridges, roads, pubic parks, libraries, schools in places like Lexington and Louisville than their own tax money does. The idiots just dont realize how much coal does pay for.
Tommy Jenkins

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

I have verison cable TV and it (the feud) is on free on in-demand. I watch the first installment last night and it was great.

I don't think the McCoy's should have disowned their daughter. She became pregnant by a Hatfield...so what! The McCoy father seems to have had a beef against Devil Anse due to the Civil War. That was fine, but come on...sooner or later the war is over and people get on with their lives.

I didn't like the way Devil Anse shot a Union soldier in the back, but he will have to answer to God for that.

The trial over a pig was entertaining, but by that time the Hatfield and McCoy fued was in full swing.

I'm starting to understand what happened in the fued.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything in the T.V series was NOT factual. I have never read anything historically accurate that claimed that Devil Anse was baptized or that the McCoys stopped believing in God. I think that was added by Hollywood.
Yes, Devil Hatfield got saved. He made things right with the Lord, and made the decision to not continue the feud. This was on the History Channel, and was factual.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

LuvMyDogs wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Devil Hatfield got saved. He made things right with the Lord, and made the decision to not continue the feud. This was on the History Channel, and was factual.
Oh wow! Well if it was on the dang history channel then we know it nothing but the gospel TRUTH right?

I mean who are we to question the History Channel?

I dont know he may have gotten religion. I'm just saying I have never seen anything that would PROVE that he did.

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Tommy Jenkins wrote:
I have verison cable TV and it (the feud) is on free on in-demand. I watch the first installment last night and it was great.
I don't think the McCoy's should have disowned their daughter. She became pregnant by a Hatfield...so what! The McCoy father seems to have had a beef against Devil Anse due to the Civil War. That was fine, but come on...sooner or later the war is over and people get on with their lives.
I didn't like the way Devil Anse shot a Union soldier in the back, but he will have to answer to God for that.
The trial over a pig was entertaining, but by that time the Hatfield and McCoy fued was in full swing.
I'm starting to understand what happened in the fued.
Uh I think the part about them being in the War together was purely Hollywood. I dont think Randall McCoy was ever even in the Army. And if he was I don't think he ever fought along side Devil Anse. And I have never anything historically accurate that claims that Devil Anse shot any Union soldier in the back.

I think (And I could be wrong becuase I am in no way an expert on the subject) the feud started over land and timber rights. I mean what has started nearly every conflict since the world begin? Power, Wealth, control...

I think it was a simple case of a wealthy powerful family seeking to seize the assets of the poorer McCoy clan. The Pig and the shooting of Asa McCoy was juts fuel to the flames.
Tommy Jenkins

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh I think the part about them being in the War together was purely Hollywood. I dont think Randall McCoy was ever even in the Army. And if he was I don't think he ever fought along side Devil Anse. And I have never anything historically accurate that claims that Devil Anse shot any Union soldier in the back.
I think (And I could be wrong becuase I am in no way an expert on the subject) the feud started over land and timber rights. I mean what has started nearly every conflict since the world begin? Power, Wealth, control...
I think it was a simple case of a wealthy powerful family seeking to seize the assets of the poorer McCoy clan. The Pig and the shooting of Asa McCoy was juts fuel to the flames.
HA HA, I can't say one way or the other. Hollywood has been known to stretch the truth. Since I haven't read any real accounts on the feud, I can't judge. If you know the things you stated above, then you know more than me. You would think the History Channel would try to get things right. I can believe that some people in the hills are the way they are dipicted in the film.

The film shows both men as not really all that bad, but bad things happened. In Harlan (or West Virginia), if someone kills someone else, then they might have their kin to deal with as well. I know this for a fact in Harlan County, or at least it used to be that way. Harlan County used to be about as bad azz as it got. Especially when moonshine was concerned. My dad and uncle were from Oklahoma selling encyclopedias in the hills and told me all about it. Sometimes for payment, the people would kill a chicken and give to them...HA HA. Generally speaking, they would get word where NOT to hang out or sell things. I admire the hill people for buying encyclopedias and trying to enhance their knowledge. These people were dirt poor, but they tried to improve themselves.

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Tommy Jenkins wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA, I can't say one way or the other. Hollywood has been known to stretch the truth. Since I haven't read any real accounts on the feud, I can't judge. If you know the things you stated above, then you know more than me. You would think the History Channel would try to get things right. I can believe that some people in the hills are the way they are dipicted in the film.
The film shows both men as not really all that bad, but bad things happened. In Harlan (or West Virginia), if someone kills someone else, then they might have their kin to deal with as well. I know this for a fact in Harlan County, or at least it used to be that way. Harlan County used to be about as bad azz as it got. Especially when moonshine was concerned. My dad and uncle were from Oklahoma selling encyclopedias in the hills and told me all about it. Sometimes for payment, the people would kill a chicken and give to them...HA HA. Generally speaking, they would get word where NOT to hang out or sell things. I admire the hill people for buying encyclopedias and trying to enhance their knowledge. These people were dirt poor, but they tried to improve themselves.
Yeah you should have seen how they acted around these here parts the first time they saw a toothbrush. Many thought it was a hair brush for hamsters.

My old man at one time was a Moonshine hauler. Harlan really has never been any worse than any other place. It's just you had to learn to leave folks to their own business. Many of them old moonshiners were great guys. As long as you kept yer nose out of their business.

Actually Harlan got its bad rep becuase of all the labor unrest that did get pretty dang bad. The national guard had to be called out more than once. I mean it was killings all the time and in every neighborhood. Other than that, Harlan is no more "Bad Azz" than any other small southern town.
DolphRussian

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

LuvMyDogs wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Devil Hatfield got saved. He made things right with the Lord, and made the decision to not continue the feud. This was on the History Channel, and was factual.
Every watch 'Ancient Aliens' or 'Monster Quest'?

Here's a website that is going to rock your world!

http://www.cracked.com/article_16478_7-movies...
grant girl from ky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

i am a real mccoy:) my family is from eastern ky my gg grandma moved out of pike county in her early teens cause of the faud and traveled north too pa had tons of kids died young and as the story goes us mccoys back in the day no buddy talked about the faud i was always told kids are suppose too be seen not heard. it wasnt a lie who was my family i was always told storys of the faud and who i was related too all the mccoys are very rich people back in the day. had property worth over a 1,0000 dollars a peice handed down by there parents all started from the first settlers that came over here and they was one of my grand parents too :) as every one watched that stupid movie that favorite on the hatifield side more then telling a great story it was all lies my mom couldnt watch that movie she said it would be nice if they was going too make a movie too talk too some real mccoys and ask permission and get the story sraight. my grandma betty she played rosanne aunt in the movie was not mean or talk too rosanne that way so yea just another lie and as far as the faud states it did not start over a pig it started over devil anse leaving randolph and randolph got kidnapped and then devil anse returns home and randolph brother returns from the war fought for the the yankees and he got killed was randoplph upset yes but he warned his brother about fighting for the yankees and he brought on his own death his self randolp was not upset his brother got killed cause it was going too happen returning too the south fought for the yankees wearing that jacket that was his fault randoplh was mad cause devil anse left him too fight for his self suppose too be a friend. as far as rosanne and johnse they was seeing each other longer then what the movie made it out too be and they wasnt fighting over that either matter infact the hatifields and mccoys wanted johnse too grow up and he wanted too still be a boy and run around and the hatifields warned rosanne about johnse cause he was younger then rosanne. and then the timber was another thing that mccoys was mad about it was on are randolph property i know this for the fact looking up deeds and stuff. the pig thing came in last and by then yes randolh was mad but i still dont think randolph kids got wha they desereved all my cousins was killed my gg grandma left around the time of the faud when it really started up after her dad shot up the court house and christopher columbus my ggg grandfarther and his farther samual mccoy play great rules in the faud sam mccoy was my gggg and he was known as a great shooter. i can keep going with all this but i dont feel like typing more but i am a real mccoy and i have no problem with a hatifeild cause we all are related. my kin is mccoys younger james hatifields and millers macartys statons :)
Turner grl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

For Real wrote:
<quoted text>
No Cherokee in Harlan county. Anyway crows, and other tribes hated the Cherokee more than the Christians. Killed em any chance they had.
Who are you? Cherokee lived there peacefully with the original settlers untill they were forced to leave on the Trail of Tears. If an Indian woman married a white man they didnt have to leave. Harlan county is right next to Leslie county where there was a Cherokee Indian village. My great great great grandmother was a cherokee and lived there.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Judged:

Personally, I could care less if Garrett and the Kid never rode together, or if they did.

I think they did ride together.

I have been to New Mexico, and visited the Billy The Kid Museum, as well as his gravesite. I am sure the museum knows what the hell happened, and the complete history.

Not from Hollywood, or from what you wish for, but the facts.

Figures the Hatfields and McCoy thread turned into a cluster f@ck fest as always on here.

Lastly, DolphRussian, go su@k the big high hard one whistle britches.

Now, ya'll go and thank Jesus for making most of you dingbats, morons.
peepes

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

we love kentucky

“"South of Southern”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2012

Jimmy Rants wrote:
Personally, I could care less if Garrett and the Kid never rode together, or if they did.
I think they did ride together.
I have been to New Mexico, and visited the Billy The Kid Museum, as well as his gravesite. I am sure the museum knows what the hell happened, and the complete history.
Not from Hollywood, or from what you wish for, but the facts.
Figures the Hatfields and McCoy thread turned into a cluster f@ck fest as always on here.
Lastly, DolphRussian, go su@k the big high hard one whistle britches.
Now, ya'll go and thank Jesus for making most of you dingbats, morons.
There is not one shred of proof that Billy the Kid and pat Garrett ever rode together.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 93 of93
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oscar Whitehead 1 hr seriously the original 17
is sniffing panties normal? (Oct '10) 1 hr seriously the original 126
ropers 2 hr seriously the original 24
Why u break my heart. 2 hr seriously the original 49
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr just 144,926
Why wouldnt u serve God? 4 hr Working for God 1
Lookin for homes in harlan area 4 hr Lookin for homes 1
•••
•••