Discontinued foods, do u remember?
Totally Random

Harlan, KY

#81 Jan 21, 2012
truth wrote:
yo no one knows the tennessee bbq chips??? from the 90s
It wasn't the Ozark Potato Chips, was it? They had a little hillbilly lounging in a chair on the bag.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#82 Jan 21, 2012
truth wrote:
i bought pet other day actually last friday for a party mapple nut
Where did you buy it?
guest

Harlan, KY

#83 Jan 21, 2012
truth wrote:
yo no one knows the tennessee bbq chips??? from the 90s
I remember them. It seems like they were called Smoky Mtn. BB-Q.
Totally Random

Harlan, KY

#84 Jan 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember them. It seems like they were called Smoky Mtn. BB-Q.
Wonder if this is them? http://www.facebook.com/group.php...
old school

Orange, VA

#85 Jan 21, 2012
funny wrote:
if anyone can remember the name of them bbq chips please post it was tennessee something bbq chips black bag orange writing sold at the old macks in baxter
i think moores was the brand i remenber them too
im prettty sure it was moores
old school

Orange, VA

#86 Jan 21, 2012
Totally Random wrote:
This discussion is about discontinued foods that we knew back in the day and LOVED. This can go as far back as you want. I figured I would start a discussion that everyone on here, both young and old, can relate to. I'll start by naming some that I remember.
Surge- This was an awesome beverage.
Orbitz- This was another good drink with mini fruit balls in it.
It reminded me of lava lamps.
Pepsi- Crystal Clear
McDLT- From McDonald's ...it had your hamburger that you
put together. The hot side, with the bottom bun, meat and
cheese was on one side, and the cold stuff was on the
other side.
Arch Deluxe- Another from McDonald's
Chicken Little's -A wonderful mini chicken sandwitch from KFC.
Rax- Remember the uncle alligator kids meals, with the alligator sippy cup?
My mom had always talked about Sidewalk Sundae's. I have never had one though.
Josta Cola Soda
Ecto-Cooler Hi-C - LOVED these
Oh Henry candybar - You can still find these, but they are not as easy to find as they used to be. on the candy part you can go to hometownfavorites.com and it has alot of oldstuff there hope it helps
King Cole Bologna - WONDERFUL to make sandwitches with.
Alright, that should start us off. Anyone have any to mention? Hopefully we can keep this thread clean. I would like for it to be a place to bring back memories.
on the candy and stuff you can go to hometownfavorites.com and they have alot of stuff on there hope it helps

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#87 Jan 21, 2012
space food sticks
Harlan Native

Apo, AE

#88 Jan 22, 2012
Anybody remember Woody's market in Baxter? He sold a strawberry soda in a bottle, with no label, just the writing on the cap. It was the best. His store is covered with vines now, you can barely tell it was there.
true story

Dyer, TN

#89 Jan 22, 2012
Totally Random wrote:
This discussion is about discontinued foods that we knew back in the day and LOVED. This can go as far back as you want. I figured I would start a discussion that everyone on here, both young and old, can relate to. I'll start by naming some that I remember.
Surge- This was an awesome beverage.
Orbitz- This was another good drink with mini fruit balls in it.
It reminded me of lava lamps.
Pepsi- Crystal Clear
McDLT- From McDonald's ...it had your hamburger that you
put together. The hot side, with the bottom bun, meat and
cheese was on one side, and the cold stuff was on the
other side.
Arch Deluxe- Another from McDonald's
Chicken Little's -A wonderful mini chicken sandwitch from KFC.
Rax- Remember the uncle alligator kids meals, with the alligator sippy cup?
My mom had always talked about Sidewalk Sundae's. I have never had one though.
Josta Cola Soda
Ecto-Cooler Hi-C - LOVED these
Oh Henry candybar - You can still find these, but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.
King Cole Bologna - WONDERFUL to make sandwitches with.
Alright, that should start us off. Anyone have any to mention? Hopefully we can keep this thread clean. I would like for it to be a place to bring back memories.
its been about 20 years ago since i ate any King Cole Bologna. so i found some and went home and made a big sandwich,after about two bites into it it did not taste the same so i look at the package and it was called cole King Bologna not King Cole Bologna.true story
truth

Harlan, KY

#90 Jan 22, 2012
no none of them was it it was a all black bag only place sold them in town was the old macks in baxter there writing was orange and the word tennessee was in the name some how but i can't remember the name for sure they were great

Since: Dec 08

Harlan

#91 Jan 22, 2012
Jerry's in Middlesboro was my favorite. They had the best Italian salad dressing. Yummmm!
boogerbuns

Yawkey, WV

#92 Jan 23, 2012
knut sak wrote:
edible underwear.
my oh my now those were back in the day,,,,lol

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#93 Jan 23, 2012
Anyone on here remeber Tiny Joe's? That was a great little market to purchase fresh produce or sliced meat.
nice

Harlan, KY

#94 Jan 23, 2012
oh,tiny joe"s.what memories.when there every sundat what a store.nothing like it.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#95 Jan 23, 2012
nice wrote:
oh,tiny joe"s.what memories.when there every sundat what a store.nothing like it.
Yeah, Tiny Joe's was one of those special little country stores of days gone by. Man I do miss it!

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#96 Jan 23, 2012
Five Flavor Life Savers with lemon and lime.

Payday...Chocolate covered.

Farley's Jelly Beans

Tang Drink Mix...Remember Tang? A breakfast drink.

Hershey's Krackel Bar. I guess Nestles Crunch is better.

Nabisco Devil's Food Cakes...I loved those things.

Oreo O's cereal.

Apple Fig Newtons.

Burger Chef. At one time, they were the McDonalds of their day. That was a long time ago.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#97 Jan 23, 2012
They still sell Tang.
beer

Harlan, KY

#98 Jan 23, 2012
Little Kings
Mike

Harlan, KY

#99 Jan 24, 2012
Anyone remember Suncrest Soda Pop?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#100 Jan 24, 2012
disagree wrote:
They still sell Tang.
I haven't seen it in years.

I never was that crazy about Tang in the first place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min ChromiuMan 164,596
Why are black men so AMAZING in bed ? (Dec '13) 2 hr rantslovestrannys 36
Free German Shepherd Puppies (Sep '14) 6 hr Meagan 6
J&J pools 13 hr lazy 14
Looking for female Schnauzer to breed with Male... (Apr '14) 13 hr peacake52 128
Save-A-Lot 14 hr Answer man 2
Jeff bovee 14 hr Skittles 1

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages