Helton offered songwriter’s contract with Paramount

Posted in the Harlan Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2014
roe

Waneta, KY

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Connie Helton has been given something every songwriter dreams of — a songwriting contract from Paramount in Nashville.

“I’m so excited,” said Helton.“I received a letter from Paramount on July 21 saying they wanted the song I had written called ‘Do You Suppose.’ I had sent the song to them only two weeks prior.”

Helton, of Kitts, said when she read about Paramount on the Internet, the normal processing time for song evaluation was six to eight weeks, so she was surprised with she was contacted within two weeks.

In a letter from David Robinson, creative manager at Paramount, he said Paramount was pleased with the music Helton had sent and believed her work had outstanding potential.

Helton said she received a follow-up letter from Norm Daniels, creative director and founder of Paramount Group on July 28, telling her they were excited about her new song. Daniels said, in the letter, not everybody who contacted Paramount got a contract. He said they had to tell many writers they weren’t ready for pro songwriting.

Daniels said Paramount believed Helton’s songwriting showed special talent and great possibilities.

“I’ve not signed the contract yet,” said Helton.“Being a Christian, I’m praying to see if this is the contract I need to sign for my song. I feel we should pray about everything — especially a God-given career, which I feel is what I have.”

Helton said she was spiritually inspired to write the words and music for the song.

“I woke up one morning at about 4 a.m. with the chorus,” said Helton.“Then, later in the day, the Lord kept telling me to finish, finish, finish. Within four days, I had the song written. I stayed with it constantly and my first version had the man in the song dying from an illness. I went to Harlan after I completed the song and ran into Angela Lee. She suggested I revise my song and tell the story of a coal miner dying from black lung.”

Helton said she draws on life experiences to write some of her songs. She has written 14 other gospel and country songs to date.

“Everyone who listens to the song ‘Do You Suppose’ seems to be touched,” said Helton.“Many have said, after hearing the song, they feel the song was written just for them.”

Helton said she has tried to contact major recording artists such as Wynona Judd, Reba McEntire and The Judds for her country songs and The Crabb Family, The Hensons and the McKameys for her gospel music.

“After Susan Boyle was on television, I contacted her, via e-mail,” said Helton.“I told her about a song I wrote in 2009 called ‘I Am.’ I told her it would be an honor for her to sing a song I had written to the world. I’ve posted comments on Oprah Winfrey’s My Space page telling her about my new song. I’m waiting to hear from them all.

Helton said she is working on a video project with Teresa Pruitt and Clark Bailey that may be used at the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum with her new song.

“This song is a tribute to coal miners,” said Helton.“Without coal miners, coal is just coal sitting there. I think it’s time we gave honor to our unsung heroes — the coal miners. That is what I have done with my song “Do You Suppose.”

Read more: The Harlan Daily Enterprise - Helton offered songwriter’s contract with Paramount
wat a christain she is.. she stole every penny of her ex husband died wifes money.. she is nuthin but a black widow.. she's lookin for her next victim..
poor woman

Richmond, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2010
she will have to send money to them to get them to produce it, its a scam if its the same one im thinking of, poor woman, i cringed when i read she left messages on oprahs and others facebooks and was waiting on a reply, poor thing.
roe

Waneta, KY

#3 Aug 27, 2010
poor woman wrote:
she will have to send money to them to get them to produce it, its a scam if its the same one im thinking of, poor woman, i cringed when i read she left messages on oprahs and others facebooks and was waiting on a reply, poor thing.
probably is the same woman.. she stole her ex husbands dead wifes money and probably is usin it.. and he worshiped the ground she av fondwalked on.. couldn't have found someone better than him.. he gave her everything.
JayVee

United States

#4 May 7, 2012
I got the same offer from ParamoutSong that she got......I am a somewhat seasoned songwriter (unpublished of course)......and I myself find what they say in the letter to be the truth.
OneintheKnow

Miami, FL

#5 Jul 26, 2013
JayVee wrote:
I got the same offer from ParamoutSong that she got......I am a somewhat seasoned songwriter (unpublished of course)......and I myself find what they say in the letter to be the truth.
Norm Daniels and Jerry Norman are the same person. He literally disappeared from Miami in 1982 without even telling his ex-wide and young daughter. No one knew where he went. I wouldn't trust him.
Dave Benning

Lynn, UK

#6 Aug 23, 2013
Connie, I read your story with interest as I have recently received a songwriters contract for a song I submitted to Paramount. Like you, I am yet to sign mine as I worry what I could be getting in to.

The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that 3 years ago I submitted my first song to Paramount and they sent me a letter rejecting it.

Hopefully I'll see you one day at the CMA's

regards

Dave

Davecbenning@gmail.com
roe wrote:
Connie Helton has been given something every songwriter dreams of — a songwriting contract from Paramount in Nashville.
“I’m so excited,” said Helton.“I received a letter from Paramount on July 21 saying they wanted the song I had written called ‘Do You Suppose.’ I had sent the song to them only two weeks prior.”
Helton, of Kitts, said when she read about Paramount on the Internet, the normal processing time for song evaluation was six to eight weeks, so she was surprised with she was contacted within two weeks.
In a letter from David Robinson, creative manager at Paramount, he said Paramount was pleased with the music Helton had sent and believed her work had outstanding potential.
Helton said she received a follow-up letter from Norm Daniels, creative director and founder of Paramount Group on July 28, telling her they were excited about her new song. Daniels said, in the letter, not everybody who contacted Paramount got a contract. He said they had to tell many writers they weren’t ready for pro songwriting.
Daniels said Paramount believed Helton’s songwriting showed special talent and great possibilities.
“I’ve not signed the contract yet,” said Helton.“Being a Christian, I’m praying to see if this is the contract I need to sign for my song. I feel we should pray about everything — especially a God-given career, which I feel is what I have.”
Helton said she was spiritually inspired to write the words and music for the song.
“I woke up one morning at about 4 a.m. with the chorus,” said Helton.“Then, later in the day, the Lord kept telling me to finish, finish, finish. Within four days, I had the song written. I stayed with it constantly and my first version had the man in the song dying from an illness. I went to Harlan after I completed the song and ran into Angela Lee. She suggested I revise my song and tell the story of a coal miner dying from black lung.”
Helton said she draws on life experiences to write some of her songs. She has written 14 other gospel and country songs to date.
“Everyone who listens to the song ‘Do You Suppose’ seems to be touched,” said Helton.“Many have said, after hearing the song, they feel the song was written just for them.”
Helton said she has tried to contact major recording artists such as Wynona Judd, Reba McEntire and The Judds for her country songs and The Crabb Family, The Hensons and the McKameys for her gospel music.
“After Susan Boyle was on television, I contacted her, via e-mail,” said Helton.“I told her about a song I wrote in 2009 called ‘I Am.’ I told her it would be an honor for her to sing a song I had written to the world. I’ve posted comments on Oprah Winfrey’s My Space page telling her about my new song. I’m waiting to hear from them all.
Helton said she is working on a video project with Teresa Pruitt and Clark Bailey that may be used at the Kentucky Coal Mining Museum with her new song.
“This song is a tribute to coal miners,” said Helton.“Without coal miners, coal is just coal sitting there. I think it’s time we gave honor to our unsung heroes — the coal miners. That is what I have done with my song “Do You Suppose.”
Read more: The Harlan Daily Enterprise - Helton offered songwriter’s contract with Paramount
wat a christain she is.. she stole every penny of her ex husband died wifes money.. she is nuthin but a black widow.. she's lookin for her next victim..
TishDunleavy

Ireland

#7 Sep 3, 2013
I got a contract from Paramount and am still waiting for my demos for 2 songs(just lyrics). I'm hoping they are legit. I could have put music to them myself but I wanted to try this first. I will let you know the outcome.

Vesuvius, VA

#8 Sep 4, 2013
David L

Vilonia, AR

#9 Oct 30, 2013
I sent in a song for a demo to Paramount Song in February 2013, and in April, had still not received demo. So I sent email requesting info and they said I lacked some info on the way I wanted the song performed. I then resent info. No answer. I sent 3 more emails the past month and still no reply. Today is 10/30/13. Still no answer. Ummm!
David L

Vilonia, AR

#10 Oct 30, 2013
How long does it take for a demo? 9 months and counting?
Patmas Calmnes

Europe

#11 Jul 30, 2014
I have received the same songwriting contract from paramountsong, but I don't know what's all about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Username 1,551
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min DITCH HARRY 151,286
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Johnny Blade 81,600
2nd grade teacher at cawood elementary 1 hr please 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Khatru 130,549
Teddy Smith 3 hr Nasty 7
Cheating. 3 hr MrsGladToBeMe 2
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••