Mitch McConnell Filibuster

Mitch McConnell Filibuster

Posted in the Harlan Forum

golly

Indian Trail, NC

#1 Nov 30, 2012
House of Representatives
In the United States House of Representatives
, the filibuster (the right to unlimited debate) was used until 1842, when a permanent rule limiting the duration of debate was created. The disappearing quorum
 was a tactic used by the minority until an 1890 rule eliminated it. As the membership of the House grew much larger than the Senate
, the House has acted earlier to control floor debate and the delay and blocking of floor votes.

Mitch McConnell thinks that the Senate should continue to allow filibusters. Filibusters are allowing unlimited debate over a bill in which many times cancels the bill ever being voted on. Why is this man so afraid of the House getting to vote on so many isuues.? He played this game for the last four years and allowed our country to suffer while getting his way by obstrucfting a fair vote.

Please take a moment to call or email Mitch. Tell him to drop the filibuster bs or you will drop him in 2 years. Tell him Obama winning the next. Election is no longer an isuue. Tell him he should be ashamed of himself. Go to his website for number and addy. Hold him accountable. The elections are over and we need to keep a tight rope on the house and senate.
golly

Indian Trail, NC

#2 Nov 30, 2012
Tell Mitch that the House does fine without it and the Senate will too. Fairness
Well

Morehead, KY

#3 Nov 30, 2012
thirdwurldamerik a

London, KY

#4 Nov 30, 2012
why are you leftwingers so freaking stoopid is it genetice or do you morons practice a lot, name me one bill mitch has fillibustered hust one, you cant because he hasnt stop with the bullcrap, obozo is a failure and you moronic democraps think you can rob the man that earned his money to but your drugs get a life and a job
thirdwurldamerik a

London, KY

#5 Nov 30, 2012
mitch mcconnel for president of the world
hmmm

Hamer, SC

#6 Nov 30, 2012
http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/times...
Some of the Republican Senators are threatening to shut down the Senate should the Dems follow through with fixing those faulty filibuster schemes....over 230 Republican filibusters during Obama's first term.. Double that of Democrat filibusters during Bush's administration.
Mitch is throwing a fine fit that Harry Reid wants a vote from the Senate over this. I agree.....Ditch Mitch ...no. recall The bit*h Mitch
ind

Hyden, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2012
if you are trying run a business and have 2 partners equal and ever thing you name that could be good for that business is stopped, before its even discussed by the partner's by one partner, you know that that partner is just out to destroy the business.and bust the company.that so clear why cant people see this.i would say get rid that partner they no good.for that job.same way by our elected gov. officials.when they can do the job and wont do their job don't wast our tax dollars on them. vote them out.they not the boss they was put their do a job for you .you their boss.if you not like they are wont the nation to go bust then vote them out. in 2014..
ditch mitch 2014

Orange, VA

#8 Dec 1, 2012
keep it up mitch youre just making it easier for us to vote you out in 14
local yokel

Lebanon, KY

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Ditch Mitch is right!!!He's part of this countries problems.
wow

Hyden, KY

#10 Dec 1, 2012
ditch bitch and boner..vote for somebody that will make pot legal in ky..
yes

Hyden, KY

#11 Dec 1, 2012
wow wrote:
ditch bitch and boner..vote for somebody that will make pot legal in ky..
lol..that rhymes..
wow

Hyden, KY

#12 Dec 1, 2012
yes wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..that rhymes..
it does n. s. w.
yes

Hyden, KY

#13 Dec 2, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>it does n. s. w.
Hi, I just now saw this..what's up?
hmmn

Charlotte, NC

#14 Dec 2, 2012
Mitch is a bit*h.

“I'm watching you!”

Since: Dec 12

With Sky Daddy

#15 Dec 2, 2012
golly wrote:
House of Representatives
In the United States House of Representatives
, the filibuster (the right to unlimited debate) was used until 1842, when a permanent rule limiting the duration of debate was created. The disappearing quorum
 was a tactic used by the minority until an 1890 rule eliminated it. As the membership of the House grew much larger than the Senate
, the House has acted earlier to control floor debate and the delay and blocking of floor votes.
Mitch McConnell thinks that the Senate should continue to allow filibusters. Filibusters are allowing unlimited debate over a bill in which many times cancels the bill ever being voted on. Why is this man so afraid of the House getting to vote on so many isuues.? He played this game for the last four years and allowed our country to suffer while getting his way by obstrucfting a fair vote.
Please take a moment to call or email Mitch. Tell him to drop the filibuster bs or you will drop him in 2 years. Tell him Obama winning the next. Election is no longer an isuue. Tell him he should be ashamed of himself. Go to his website for number and addy. Hold him accountable. The elections are over and we need to keep a tight rope on the house and senate.
GREAT POST, and you are 100@ right.

That bastard needs to go in 2014, and shame on KY of they reelect that worthless piece of shit.
latest

Charlotte, NC

#17 Dec 7, 2012
Mitch had a bill up for vote that he was sure had the votes to pass. The Dems checked and had enough votes against the bill. So the Dems agree to taking the vote. Mitch filibustered his own bill. RECALL MITCH! He's bad for us all.
Blue

Richland, MI

#18 Dec 7, 2012
time for old mitch to go. He is as dumb as rand paul.
hahaha

Hyden, KY

#19 Dec 7, 2012
i sow that what about filibuster your own bill.that one other sure way not let anything pass.just filibuster ever thing. he gets paid well with our taxes.i heard the rumor that the gov. was running against him.old Steve.he will beat him hands down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,437
Harlan Animal Hospital 4 hr New to town 1
Cissy and Bradley 10 hr Neighbor 2
Movin to Harlan 14 hr Possibley Reconsider 5
Tasha creech (jenkins) 16 hr ccc 10
Jessica Lewis Pregnant 16 hr JESSICA LEWIS 19
Mitch McConnell said coal was coming back 23 hr Steve 17

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages