Posted in the Harlan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#1 Feb 2, 2013
If you could live in any state of your choice, what state would that be? You have to pick a state other than the one you live in now.

I would have to say California...San Diego to be exact.

Destin Beach, Florida would be my second choice.
cameron from harlan would

Brodhead, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2013
Say which ever ones allow gay marriage!
yea

Macon, GA

#3 Feb 2, 2013
well jimmy i love the west so probley somewhere there but im not sure where maybe i will move in with you just kidding we would kill each other but thats where i would live somewhere in the west i
i like

Hyden, KY

#4 Feb 2, 2013
Southport, North Carolina, also Port St. Joe's Florida. Anywhere there is a beach and a small town, but convenient to a larger area. If not oceanside, I wouldn't mind living somewhere with a lake view. Just don't want to live anywhere near my offspring cause I do not want to babysit or raise grandchildren!
Dave

Georgetown, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2013
cameron from harlan would wrote:
Say which ever ones allow gay marriage!
Thats gay!
cowboy

Wright, WY

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Kentucky, WVa, E TN. Rabun Gap Ga., VA (Far west) SE Ohio, Western NC, NW SC, Logan or Ogden Canyon, UT, Missoula MT, N Idaho, NE Oregon.
haha

Mount Vernon, KY

#7 Feb 3, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
If you could live in any state of your choice, what state would that be? You have to pick a state other than the one you live in now.
We somehow knew it would be California, seetheart!
haha

Mount Vernon, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2013
Alabama ahhh ahhh ahhhh Oh Sweet Home!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 3, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
I've had the pleasure, or displeasure, to live in many places all over the world. I'm not sure I would call some of them "living" though, maybe existing.

I've always been partial to Indiana and Illinois. I like Texas, but only in the border towns. I can't comment on California since oddly I've never been there. Hell, or Florida even.

Now you have me thinking I should be thinking about a state that borders an ocean at the very least.

Does Galveston Texas (Gulf) count?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#10 Feb 3, 2013
cowboy wrote:
Kentucky, WVa, E TN. Rabun Gap Ga., VA (Far west) SE Ohio, Western NC, NW SC, Logan or Ogden Canyon, UT, Missoula MT, N Idaho, NE Oregon.
So in othr words, living anywhere in America is fine for you huh? LOL

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#11 Feb 3, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
We somehow knew it would be California, seetheart!
And???

San Diego is fine, so is Destin!

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

In Your Head

#12 Feb 3, 2013
The Only Bruiser wrote:
<quoted text>
I've had the pleasure, or displeasure, to live in many places all over the world. I'm not sure I would call some of them "living" though, maybe existing.
I've always been partial to Indiana and Illinois. I like Texas, but only in the border towns. I can't comment on California since oddly I've never been there. Hell, or Florida even.
Now you have me thinking I should be thinking about a state that borders an ocean at the very least.
Does Galveston Texas (Gulf) count?
Galveston is very nice. My sisters daughter is from there and loves it.

I hate the earthquakes in California, but it is a nice state over all. I also hate hurricanes, but love Destin Beach, FL.

(Shifting gears): From a prepping standpoint, the inner Rocky Mountain West is one of the safest place to be. Easy to hide out, plenty of game, trees, caves, and mountain stream water galore.
Nobody

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 3, 2013
Ocean City Maryland,bueatiful
cowboy

Wright, WY

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
So in othr words, living anywhere in America is fine for you huh? LOL
I am partial to the up and down and around the bend and up the hollow sorts of places. Even tho' I can no longer ski, I love ski mtns -- except the Hi Dollar Colorado places. Every UT and MT mountain is better than ANY Colorado slope.

Since: Jul 12

United States

#15 Feb 3, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
wow this is a hard one let's see:
I lived in so cal I loved the layed back life style but did not like the cost.
New your sucks
DC sucked (I know its not a state yet)
South caralina was ok humid
North Florida and the pan handle sucked way to humid
Oklahoma was awful
Virginia is a communist state
South Florida was ok not been down to far
Kentucky is nice
Main is nice
Hell I will just stay in Kentucky I have roots here and kinda off the grid.

Since: Jul 12

United States

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Wait I would like to see what Alaska is all about.
the last American frontier!

“Well yeah...”

Right next to ya

#17 Feb 4, 2013
i like wrote:
Southport, North Carolina, also Port St. Joe's Florida. Anywhere there is a beach and a small town, but convenient to a larger area. If not oceanside, I wouldn't mind living somewhere with a lake view. Just don't want to live anywhere near my offspring cause I do not want to babysit or raise grandchildren!
Love Southport and Oak Island area
mamamia

Richmond, KY

#18 Feb 5, 2013
Texas with its booming Economy and job creations! Also Provo Utah its keep a great community and its really clean and just socially oriented I wish more places was still like that. I would say Florida but it is just to dangerous these days I'm afraid the beauty does not add up to it. And California is far to Liberal for me.
Idiots

Troy, MI

#19 Feb 5, 2013
I've lived in San Diego, Orange county CA, San Francisco and loved them all. I also lived in Orlando FL, it was ok. I lived in Seattle and Chicago and liked them. Also lived in Idaho Falls Idaho, Meh.

I grew up in Western Kansas, out in the middle of nowhere. We learned to create are own fun, but couldn't imagine living there again. I did love my weekend road trips to the Colorado Rockies.

I spent from 2001 to 2011 in Nashville, TN wow I loved that place. I presently live in Asheville NC and still learning the area, seems like it has potential.

Where I'd like to live now Austin, TX, Santa Fe or Taos NM. We are all so lucky to live in the U.S. so much geographic and cultural diversity. I even love Eastern KY, SW West Virginia, and Eastern TN.
i like

Hyden, KY

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Mea Maxima Culpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Love Southport and Oak Island area
me too. I think I could live in one of those 200 year old houses in Southport and look at that view of the water and be perfectly content. Unless there was a hurricane, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Paul 169,922
Hot Bi girls (Dec '09) 18 hr Donnie 1 -4 mil 98
Taco Bell (Apr '17) Fri Family 40
Tina (Miller) middleton (Sep '11) Fri BillysGotGruff 9
harlan dollar bid site Fri Know them 7
cherly robbison ( bones) Thu mike mcnabb 21
My mom and camper that burned down Thu Iknowyou 2

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance