Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
68,861 - 68,880 of 81,569 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
W KY Girl

Elwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
The History Channel says that while Paul Revere gets the credit, there were several of those riders going from village to village.
That is what "A Taste of History" said too.
I am legend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
She might, and you could end up like me, LOL. Full Time, 24/7. But I like it. Hubby just took the little guy to karate this morning, so I have the house to myself. I'll get real busy when he's due back home, so that he will think I've been slaving in this house.
I'll take him if it comes down to it. He deserves way better than he's been getting.
I think I can discourage some of the girls problems in my own sweet little way... discourage some of her...."enablers"- I guess is the word.
A car load of "enablers" pulled into the yard last night and she said; will you watch him for an hour or two? I said why sure, just wait right there just a minuet first. I went and got my old 12 gauge, walked out on the porch and put three loads of 00 buckshot into the gravels behind that car load of dope-heads.
They decided to move along on out of my driveway right quick like.
I dont think they'll come back no time soon.

Everyone down in town knows I'll help anyone right down to the shirt off my back BUT I am the last one to cross. I think she'll recover, or leave.
What a mess these kids get themselves into. But like I said that baby deserves better then he's been getting and by crackies he's going to get better than he's been getting if i can help it.
I'd take him in a heartbeat and make it legal if it came down to that.
Hey at least he keeps me off of here causing trouble. Am I right? LMAO
I am legend

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

you all have a nice evening, especially you AB sweet chops. You sexy cougar you.
W KY Girl

Elwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Former Marine, Joshua Boston's letter to Senator Diane Feinstein on gun control: http://dont-tread-on.me/...

"No Ma'am"

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua BostonCpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
biggie

Wayland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Are they in season
wondering

Booneville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Me Too!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take him if it comes down to it. He deserves way better than he's been getting.
I think I can discourage some of the girls problems in my own sweet little way... discourage some of her...."enablers"- I guess is the word.
A car load of "enablers" pulled into the yard last night and she said; will you watch him for an hour or two? I said why sure, just wait right there just a minuet first. I went and got my old 12 gauge, walked out on the porch and put three loads of 00 buckshot into the gravels behind that car load of dope-heads.
Everyone down in town knows I'll help anyone right down to the shirt off my back BUT I am the last one to cross. I think she'll recover, or leave.
What a mess these kids get themselves into. But like I said that baby deserves better then he's been getting and by crackies he's going to get better than he's been getting if i can help it.
I think that it's a whole generation of teens and 20 somethings that are really making messes out of their lives...and they mess their kids' lives too. If you end up with the baby, be sure to get parental consent to adopt. Otherwise, the mom will walk in and out of his life, messing him up. If you do not adopt, she can get the baby anytime she wants....and she can use the baby to get what she wants out of you, by threatening to take him away. The gun threat you did is only a temporary fix....the drugheads always come back. I scared a bunch away a couple of years ago by making them think that mom was one crazy, scary lady. I didn't have a gun then, so I took out one of my horses, and brought him to the front of the car and threatened to walk my horse up the front and down the back. After a few threatening maneuvers, the bunch skeedaddled and have not been seen since. Only thing, new ones always take their places. That bunch really thought I would do an outlandish thing, but of course I was only bluffing. I laughed like heck for the rest of the night. Those boys were high on something, and after what I did, I sent them on a really scary trip.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I am legend wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take him if it comes down to it. He deserves way better than he's been getting.
You use the same methods I would. Nothing says it like a few blasts from a shotgun to instill the fear of God and make some new believers. Amen. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is said that "actions speak louder than words", and what better action can one take to let someone know that you are not impressed, even with their Rolls-Royce LOL
Exactly AW, that's the reason it would be such a pleasure to fart on them. A once in a lifetime opportunity for a Hillbilly to fart on the hoity toity. You're the greatest. Lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
Former Marine, Joshua Boston's letter to Senator Diane Feinstein on gun control: http://dont-tread-on.me/...
"No Ma'am"
Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua BostonCpl,
United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Saw that letter, and it was well-written, but it will not stop the agenda of complete control. There will be many who see tragic events and just about "beg" legislators for very strict gun control. There are more people who want citizens to be disarmed than there are who fight for second amendment freedom.

I come from a different region of the country. In that culture, very few people own guns. When I first came here I was "horrified" that people actually carried weapons in their vehicles and had them in their homes. It was a real culture shock. After having lived here for 15 years, I find it commonplace and reasonable. I can't imagine anyone not having a gun for protection or hunting. Gentle, responsible,and normal good citizens carry guns or keep them in the home. I never paid much attention to the right to bear arms because I was not in my culture, and not in my mindset. I can remember stepping outside on a hot summer night, shortly after arriving in Ky. It was about 2 A.M., and a very large man, dressed in camoflage, and carrying a rifle came up quietly behind me. I was so startled and scared. The man merely wanted permission to retrieve his hunting dogs that ran to the back of my property. At the time, I didn't know who this man was and I subsequently ran into the house to wake up hubby. I told him that he would probably not believe what just happened.
I have the advantage of growing up in the Northeast and know how people there react to guns. That is what is hard for Southern country folks to understand when they say that no one would ever try to take their guns away. Don't be too sure. There are a lot of folks who do not see it that way, when you get out of the rural setting. Of course there will be no immediate gun confiscation. At first,certain types of guns will be eliminated. My point is that once the process starts, it will eventually get more and more restrictive. This may take several years. Or, if there is a sudden disaster, necessitating martial law, you will see how quickly guns will be taken away. And we all know, after being on this thread for two years, that there is a possibility of some major event taking place. We have all talked about birds dropping dead, chemtrails, the New Madrid, and on and on. I am not an alarmist, but I do believe that we need to be vigilant.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Preppers beware! I watched a video last night about a prepper who stockpiled food, built an underground shelter, and kept some weapons. He got along with his neighbors, except the one who reported him to the police saying that he was getting crazier and crazier and had an arsenal. Police came to his home welding business undercover and casually asked about his prepping and whether or not he had guns. He admitted to having some protection. Well, the upshot is that the undercover guy reported him to FBI and Homeland Security. A while later, the street was ablaze from police car lights, 150 officers (I think) which included local, FBI, Homeland Security, and Swat teams surrounded his home, which he wisely fled into the woods. He turned himself in the next morning. Come to find out, the guy had only a few revolvers and a couple of shotguns, a supply of food, and his shelter. Police wrecked that by digging up his yard. It's a good thing that neighbors supported this man, and what he was doing. The crazy guy was probably the one who reported him, and was just disgruntled for some reason. They expected to find grenades, RPGs , and who knows what, but they only found his small gun collection. Charges were dropped. The prepper is in some legal hot water; though, because 20 years ago, he had a drug charge in his background check. Although he had no other run ins with the law, he was technically a felon and was not supposed to have a gun. Everyone spoke very well of the man and told investigators that he would never hurt anyone, and only helped others. But, you see how only rumor caused this very exaggerated response. So, preppers beware. I also read that Homeland Security also considers buying food in bulk, which may mean a terrorist threat. Watch out, AW, when you do your monthly shopping to save money. Who knows who may be watching.LOL. It is a shame that one individual (the person reporting the "crime") can snitch on a law-abiding citizen and initiate such an uproar. It is these kinds of things that worry me. My grandmother, an immigrant from Russia, would roll over in her grave to see what America (the land of milk and honey, and the place where you could be free)is coming to. I do not fear terrorists. I fear people relinquishing their individual rights and freedoms under the guise of "keeping us safe." I'll take my chances.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that it's a whole generation of teens and 20 somethings that are really making messes out of their lives...and they mess their kids' lives too. If you end up with the baby, be sure to get parental consent to adopt. Otherwise, the mom will walk in and out of his life, messing him up. If you do not adopt, she can get the baby anytime she wants....and she can use the baby to get what she wants out of you, by threatening to take him away. The gun threat you did is only a temporary fix....the drugheads always come back. I scared a bunch away a couple of years ago by making them think that mom was one crazy, scary lady. I didn't have a gun then, so I took out one of my horses, and brought him to the front of the car and threatened to walk my horse up the front and down the back. After a few threatening maneuvers, the bunch skeedaddled and have not been seen since. Only thing, new ones always take their places. That bunch really thought I would do an outlandish thing, but of course I was only bluffing. I laughed like heck for the rest of the night. Those boys were high on something, and after what I did, I sent them on a really scary trip.
LOL lala, a gun I can handle. A horse would be a different story. I would have fallen off of that horse and those kids would have laughed their hind ends off. LOL. I guess one has to have a love for horses. I think they are pretty but I really don't like being close to them, especially the hind legs. Lol. My sister had a pony, that was the meanest B I have ever seen. She could ride it. I wouldn't get near that thing. Lol. My sister and our cousin was riding the pony one day, all of a sudden that pony took off running as fast as it could down a steep hill with him on it's back. He was riding her bare back, screaming and hanging on for dear life. The pony finnaly bucked him off at the bottom of the hill. It just skinned him up a bit. I didn't laugh at all. Yeah right, Ahahahah.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

I am legend wrote:
you all have a nice evening, especially you AB sweet chops. You sexy cougar you.
:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Good evening everyone. Hope you had a great day. It was a weird one. Gloomy, misty, foggy, rainy, and one short spurt of sunshine just before it got dark. Across the river there is thunderstorm/flood warnings. Hope it stays there.

Still no Hempburn? Hope he isn't battling the flu or something.

Loving the new papaw that has appeared. Those little kids can steal your heart.

Ancient Wolf, love your cross country adventures. I would love another train ride in my lifetime. It has been so long. When I was little.

lala, our relatives from northern Ohio and Pa were amazed at our southern gun toting ways. hahaha

Hope you all have a peaceful night. I have loved the windows open all day.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Sinkhole update:

Published on Jan 12, 2013

TV: Leaking gas is building up in aquifer near giant sinkhole — Bubbling has multiplied significantly since first discovered (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/tv-leaking-gas-building-aq...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
Uh oh, as a boss I once had pronounced it, out comes the "linger-ree".
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

In case you didn't see this, Ancient Wolf, what is your take on this?

Hooked on Java? Homeland Security wants you to kick your habit

Java software, that is — not your morning cup of Joe. Oracle's popular computer language is being exploited by hackers, according to the government, and now the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is advising users to disable Java in their Internet browsers. That's a pretty drastic step considering that it could impact hundreds of millions of computers, but the bug allows hackers to perform identity theft and infect previously safe sites. "We are currently unaware of a practical solution to this problem," read a statement on the department's website. Which we assume hasn't already been compromised.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/homeland-security-urges-co...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good evening everyone. Hope you had a great day. It was a weird one. Gloomy, misty, foggy, rainy, and one short spurt of sunshine just before it got dark. Across the river there is thunderstorm/flood warnings. Hope it stays there.
Still no Hempburn? Hope he isn't battling the flu or something.
Loving the new papaw that has appeared. Those little kids can steal your heart.
Ancient Wolf, love your cross country adventures. I would love another train ride in my lifetime. It has been so long. When I was little.
lala, our relatives from northern Ohio and Pa were amazed at our southern gun toting ways. hahaha
Hope you all have a peaceful night. I have loved the windows open all day.
I don't dare open my windows AB. We have a theiving dope ho living in the neighborhood. I lock my backdoor(the one I use)behind me if I can't see it anytime I am outside. She is sneaky, although she has been in every jail in three counties. LOL.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Those poor people.

Where does Haiti stand three years after its 7.0 earthquake?

On Jan. 12, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit already deeply impoverished Haiti, killing more than 200,000 and leaving another 1.5 million in makeshift camps. It was one of the worst humanitarian disasters in years, and though the response was rapid and generous, three years and billions of dollars in aid later, hundreds of thousands are still without homes. How has aid money been spent and can Haiti 'build back better?'

http://news.yahoo.com/where-does-haiti-stand-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth! That man irritates the heck out of me. Alex Jones acted pretty crazy in that video I posted the other day but he got my vote of approval because he dozed right over ol' arrogant Piers. lol Jones actually had his facts straight though. Who in the heck would name a kid "Piers?" His parents just wanted him to get his butt kicked. LOL
It's a British name. What else can you expect from those sorry bums.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Le Jimbo 146,188
i am pissed 20 min greenmo 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr oscar 16,116
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr jamie 128,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr terri 26,184
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr shew 1,014
how do fat women deal with summer heat? 5 hr Nasty 11
Kentucky Justice (Nov '13) 7 hr CrazyAssPPL 656
Luttrell arrested again 16 hr guest 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••