Location hidden

#1 Jan 16, 2013
If so, what's in it?
Curious

West Union, OH

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
If so, what's in it?
Why? Is something going to happen to us that we will be required to quickly get out of the area we are currently living? Explain Please.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Is something going to happen to us that we will be required to quickly get out of the area we are currently living? Explain Please.
Depending on where you live there could be any of a number of things. Tornado, hurricane, forest fire, natural gas line explosion, toxic chemical spill from a train, earthquake, ice storm, flood, rioting over the new Lebron basketball shoes, etc. etc.
Becky

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Backroads Wanderer wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on where you live there could be any of a number of things. Tornado, hurricane, forest fire, natural gas line explosion, toxic chemical spill from a train, earthquake, ice storm, flood, rioting over the new Lebron basketball shoes, etc. etc.
These things have been happening for years! Why a 'bug out bag' now?!
dont xplain

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Dont try to xplain.. ppl just want to act like ur stupid for prepping, but when a America gets hit again, or a bad natural disaster, then they will remember this convo right here.. just do ur thing, dont worry bout what ppl think of ya, and get ready,.. and yes I DO!!!
come

Hyden, KY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
dont xplain wrote:
Dont try to xplain.. ppl just want to act like ur stupid for prepping, but when a America gets hit again, or a bad natural disaster, then they will remember this convo right here.. just do ur thing, dont worry bout what ppl think of ya, and get ready,.. and yes I DO!!!
on dont be holding out share you ways ever ones not like others .some try do what they can.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the million dollar question? Will something bad happen, and you won't be prepared for it, if it did?

Such as...Electromagnetic Pulse from a solar storm from the sun that would knock out Americas electrical grid. No phone, no computer, no cars or trucks running, due to the magnetic pulse that would fry all circuits. No trucks running...no food being delivered.

What about the way the economy is, especially if the debt ceiling does not get raised. That means troops, all federal workers, people on Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Vets will not get money or medical help which would start a revolution in this country most likely.

Imagine if people are basically starving, and all the food is gone from the grocery stores in a matter of hours. What would you do...when masses of people turn barbaric like trying to take what you have to survive.

Anything is possible now a days.

People can prep for many reasons. From civil unrest, natural disasters, to a global medical pandemic.
kobe

Cynthiana, KY

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Backroads Wanderer wrote:
<quoted text>Depending on where you live there could be any of a number of things. Tornado, hurricane, forest fire, natural gas line explosion, toxic chemical spill from a train, earthquake, ice storm, flood, rioting over the new Lebron basketball shoes, etc. etc.
Any word on when the new Lebrons will be released?
John Engle

Baxter, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
I have 2 bags. One has survival supplies and ammo. And the other has clothes and money and personal items. You and I are a whole lot alike in many different ways. I believe in most of the things you do. The only thing is I wish I had a place out in the woods like you. That gives u the upper hand when things go south.
one of

Hyden, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2013
the best places you can have if you don't have a cabin or a good tent is just a cliff about the size of a living room make sure to keep couple roll good plastic.and good small ax.you can have good living place in half day.warm and cozy .in cold weather.that way you don't have to watch you back just front of your cave .john you can go to the head the hollow above the old school house they some good nice ones up their.back cross the railroad tracks.up that hallow.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 17, 2013
John Engle wrote:
I have 2 bags. One has survival supplies and ammo. And the other has clothes and money and personal items. You and I are a whole lot alike in many different ways. I believe in most of the things you do. The only thing is I wish I had a place out in the woods like you. That gives u the upper hand when things go south.
Sounds like you are well on your way when the shit hits the fan.

I want to start a thread that talks about what to have in a 72 hour "Bug Out Bag." Many people haven't a clue. Actually, I'm learning myself, so I cannot act as if I am a Rambo just yet. lol

A couple of things I do have is some shaved thin kindling in a zip lock bag, as well as a can of lighter fluid. Ya gotta have fire. I also have matches that light in heavy wind and if the matches get wet. I want to order a Strikemaster fire starter. It's a dependable fire igniting tool and an excellent back-up for when you donīt have matches.

Another thing I want to get is a good compound bow. The Indians messed up a lot of white men with arrows, and they are quiet, as well as deadly.

I really wish we could get a good thread going on here about sharing ideas on prepping, and put all of our petty silliness aside while we share information that just might save someone's life, depending on the disaster that could occur.

I grew up on a huge farm/ranch when I was younger, and in a way, all of the things my dad and grandfather taught me, was kind of prepping training or sorts. Raising crops, tending to animals, shooting, and hunting, etc...

Keep prepping and learning.

Oh, yeah, I am glad I live in the high Rockies with caves all over the place with streams, should I have to "Bug Out" of my "Bug Out" place.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

#12 Jan 17, 2013
one of wrote:
the best places you can have if you don't have a cabin or a good tent is just a cliff about the size of a living room make sure to keep couple roll good plastic.and good small ax.you can have good living place in half day.warm and cozy .in cold weather.that way you don't have to watch you back just front of your cave .john you can go to the head the hollow above the old school house they some good nice ones up their.back cross the railroad tracks.up that hallow.
That's great advice.

That's what the Anasazi Indians did for protection. They were cliff dwellers.
yes

Hyden, KY

#13 Jan 17, 2013
and one thing that you would never think of is salt.and good small nylon rope for making snares you can catch big and small animals while you sleep.anything from a elk to a rabbit.bear to .save your ammo.
hahahaha

Hyden, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2013
yes wrote:
and one thing that you would never think of is salt.and good small nylon rope for making snares you can catch big and small animals while you sleep.anything from a elk to a rabbit.bear to .save your ammo.
Do you think maybe you could catch me a cheeseburger..and some fries and a diet coke please..

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

#15 Jan 17, 2013
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think maybe you could catch me a cheeseburger..and some fries and a diet coke please..
Another dead man walking I see.

You have a lot to learn in life chump.

Maybe McDonald's will deliver a maggot burger to you in a cave when the electric grid goes down.
huu

Hyden, KY

#16 Jan 17, 2013
hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
that be hard in the woods.hi jack food truck tho.that work.
hahahaha

Hyden, KY

#17 Jan 17, 2013
huu wrote:
<quoted text>that be hard in the woods.hi jack food truck tho.that work.
Okay, we will make like those people in the Walking Dead and try to find food..I woke up hungry, need to go back to bed before I eat something.
What

Richmond, KY

#18 Jan 18, 2013
Man, ain't nobody got time for all dat shit!!
John Engle

Baxter, KY

#19 Jan 18, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you are well on your way when the shit hits the fan.

I want to start a thread that talks about what to have in a 72 hour "Bug Out Bag." Many people haven't a clue. Actually, I'm learning myself, so I cannot act as if I am a Rambo just yet. lol

A couple of things I do have is some shaved thin kindling in a zip lock bag, as well as a can of lighter fluid. Ya gotta have fire. I also have matches that light in heavy wind and if the matches get wet. I want to order a Strikemaster fire starter. It's a dependable fire igniting tool and an excellent back-up for when you donÂīt have matches.

Another thing I want to get is a good compound bow. The Indians messed up a lot of white men with arrows, and they are quiet, as well as deadly.

I really wish we could get a good thread going on here about sharing ideas on prepping, and put all of our petty silliness aside while we share information that just might save someone's life, depending on the disaster that could occur.

I grew up on a huge farm/ranch when I was younger, and in a way, all of the things my dad and grandfather taught me, was kind of prepping training or sorts. Raising crops, tending to animals, shooting, and hunting, etc...

Keep prepping and learning.

Oh, yeah, I am glad I live in the high Rockies with caves all over the place with streams, should I have to "Bug Out" of my "Bug Out" place.
I have dryer lint in a bag along with cotton balls covered in Vaseline. Those make great fire starters. I do have a compound bow but never really thought about it. Thanks. This is we're all can help each other out.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 18, 2013
John Engle wrote:
<quoted text>
I have dryer lint in a bag along with cotton balls covered in Vaseline. Those make great fire starters. I do have a compound bow but never really thought about it. Thanks. This is we're all can help each other out.
I read about the cotton balls and vaseline for fire starters in a prep book, but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

I know people mock or scoff preppers in most cases, but if a disaster comes to their town, they would wish they would have listened, and learned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Hmmmmmmmmm 5,739
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Uncle Tab 154,181
prostitution 14 min bigdave 3
Good Parenting = less crime 44 min Dixie 1
Robert grubbs 1 hr what.. 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Mums the word 81,647
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Juliet 131,076
$5.00 parking at hchs football games 2 hr guest31 9
Krispy Kreme 21 hr honestly 5
Circuit Court Clerk Sun Nosey Rosey 18
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••