First Prev
of 2
Next Last
harlan man

Macon, GA

#1 Jan 31, 2013
I have been thinking alot of why some people put there self through this drug thing it takes every thing you have and no one can trust you so why,then I started asking around and gues what started showing its ugly head some of the women talked about dads molesting them and some of the men well you know they don't talk alot but you know,when some of you all get on Topix and bad mouth drug heads please think first it just might be something like what I am talking about.
Tin Man

United States

#2 Jan 31, 2013
You really think that is the cause of the problem? That very well may be the case for a few but really the only person to blame is the one doing dugs in the first place. I don't give a damn what a person has been through there is always a choice. Plenty of people have been molested, some have endured far worse, and not turned to drugs. Almost every single druggie I know started because they wanted a bigger buzz when they partied. Then they wanted to feel high all the time and didn't care who they hurt or how they got it. Basically, for most, their selfish desires is what got them into drugs in the first place.
Agree

London, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2013
^^^^Good response
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
Nobody wants to take the blame for their own choices...nobody I know can say they had it worse that me growing up. Does that give me an excuse not to be a responsible adult,love,take care of my family and treat them with respect? I think not. If you are a drug addict the most unselfish thing you can do is get clean...your drug abuse hurts everyone else much more than yourself.
Sadden

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Jan 31, 2013
I am a former drug addict. When i started using drugs was probably around 2005, after a severe car wreck. The dr. Gave me pain meds.to help with the pain. I'm guessing with physical therapy and all I was prescribed it for about a year. When the dr. Didn't write me anything else I thought I'd be fine. Needless to say I wasn't. I WAS ADDICTED!! I didn't know what a withdrawal was and really thought the wreck had done something and I was so sick and in pain, I resorted to buying off the street. My addiction continued until I hit Rock bottom. The problem as I see it. The doctor wrote me prescriptions for way to long and instead of bringing me off of it slowly he just completely stopped everything. I am thankful I am clean, but if you ask people most of them get started using because they get hurt and can't stand the feeling of withdrawals. I know Harlan's drug problem and there are no excuses. You make your own choices but with pain/nerve medicine. A person does not have rational thinking. Doctors need to bring the milligram down and substitute with a non narcotic pill, until you don't depend on them. I am not defending an addict because I am and will always be a recovering addict.
Trouble

Mayfield, KY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
I was a good kid in high school, made good grades and got a scholarship. Shortly after graduation I was brutally raped by a stranger. It was more than my mind could cope with and I turned to drugs. A choice I regret everyday of my life. But I honestly bellieve if I had not numbed myself, I would of probably killed myself. The man that raped me went on to rape a couple other women and is now a registered sex offender in two different states. How many lives are you allowed to destroy? I personally think that if rapists and child molesters were dealt with properly and either jailed for life or executed our drug problem would decline. Do you have any idea what it feels like to be violated that way? To be beaten, raped, and scared for your life, well it does something to your mind that I can't even begin to explain. You need to be careful what you say, I'm sure you have young family memebers that God forbid something like that could happen to. I spend everyday of my life living with it, the nightmares, the anxiety, the depression. You have no idea, and I would give every drug on earth to change that moment. I wonder all the time what kind of person I would have been if this had never happened to me. And I'll tell you being a drug addict is a dogs life, nothing fun about it. I would never wish it on you but I wish I could give you a glimpse and I'm sure it would somewhat change your prespective. Many, not all, but many of the addicts I know use to numb themselves also. Many were abused, i'd be willing to say something like 70%. Its something that no one should ever have to go thru. I've been clean now for a few years, and with Gods help I'll stay that way. But do I think sexual abuse leads to drugs, yes I do. It was the only way my young mind could handle the pain and anguish I was going thru. Its not an excuse, its just a fact. I have children now, and they are my main priorty in life, and what keeps me clean when I don't think I can make it another day. They are my life. And so help me God if someone EVER molests or rapes them I will without a doubt kill them dead! I know what a devastating effect it had on my life! And I will not sit and watch them watch some POS walk free after so carelessly destroying their life!
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
I have to disagree with you on that 70% of drug addicts were abused. I know thats BS.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Sadden wrote:
I am a former drug addict. When i started using drugs was probably around 2005, after a severe car wreck. The dr. Gave me pain meds.to help with the pain. I'm guessing with physical therapy and all I was prescribed it for about a year. When the dr. Didn't write me anything else I thought I'd be fine. Needless to say I wasn't. I WAS ADDICTED!! I didn't know what a withdrawal was and really thought the wreck had done something and I was so sick and in pain, I resorted to buying off the street. My addiction continued until I hit Rock bottom. The problem as I see it. The doctor wrote me prescriptions for way to long and instead of bringing me off of it slowly he just completely stopped everything. I am thankful I am clean, but if you ask people most of them get started using because they get hurt and can't stand the feeling of withdrawals. I know Harlan's drug problem and there are no excuses. You make your own choices but with pain/nerve medicine. A person does not have rational thinking. Doctors need to bring the milligram down and substitute with a non narcotic pill, until you don't depend on them. I am not defending an addict because I am and will always be a recovering addict.
Doctors don't cut you off cold turkey,they do taper you down UNLESS you fail a drug test by having too much,too little,or an unprescribed or other illegal drug in your system. They will also cut you off for doctor shopping selling your pills, and not having your pill count. People get addicted when they start snorting,chewing,and shooting up their meds...also when they take more than prescribed then they blame the doctor. It's never the addicts fault. I have never seen one yet that will take responsibility for their addiction. If you are clean great.. but be straight with yourself if no one else. Good luck.
seriously

Norman, AR

#9 Jan 31, 2013
I don't do drugs and never have!!! But my God people on drugs are people too. They have made a bad mistake. Haven't we all made mistakes, you know! I don't agree with their life style, but what is the point in this crap here. I do know alot of good people that are now addicted to drugs, and yes they are doing bad things now, but I can't help remember the way they were. I mean seriously people on drugs need help and talking trash about them is not helping!!! Seriously now!!!
Trouble

Mayfield, KY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Are you an addict? Have you talked to addicts and asked? I have. And knew quite a few in my day. I really could care less whether you agree or not. And by your last post its plain to see your a know it all azzhole who knows nothing. Your last post was so much BS its ridiculous, its obvious your full of pure B*ll sh*t. You don't know what your talking about, at all. Doctors could care less about you, all they care about is your money. That's it. And don't think for one second that there's not people out there addicted because of a money hungry dr! If you take pain pills everyday, following the directions and all that good stuff, for a few years you will be addicted! Guarenteed! And they could care less about a taper. What kind of shielded world do you live in, must be nice! But everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how off track it is. And I refuse to argue about something you obvisously have NO clue about.
Trouble

Mayfield, KY

#11 Jan 31, 2013
And my post is to Disagree.
Sick of dopeheads

Harlan, KY

#12 Jan 31, 2013
I know what it's like to be in pain. I live in pain every single day. I have a rare form of Lupus and it has destroyed my body. There may be a total of 2 weeks out of the year that I have to take a couple narcotics a day just to function. The other 50 weeks I suck it up and keep going. My condition is forever and I have suffered with it for 8 years. I made the choice to take non-narcotics because I would rather live in pain than be a dopehead. I'm not the only one who chooses to do this, there are just as many people walking around in pain as there are dopies. People need to stop using excuses as crutches and take some blame for running their life into a gutter.
haha

London, KY

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Sick of dopeheads wrote:
I know what it's like to be in pain. I live in pain every single day. I have a rare form of Lupus and it has destroyed my body. There may be a total of 2 weeks out of the year that I have to take a couple narcotics a day just to function. The other 50 weeks I suck it up and keep going. My condition is forever and I have suffered with it for 8 years. I made the choice to take non-narcotics because I would rather live in pain than be a dopehead. I'm not the only one who chooses to do this, there are just as many people walking around in pain as there are dopies. People need to stop using excuses as crutches and take some blame for running their life into a gutter.
First of all I am really sorry about your situation, but you still dont have the right to judge others. How would you feel if it was your son, daughter, brother, sister, or close friend, would you have some compassion or not. Think about it...
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Trouble wrote:
Are you an addict? Have you talked to addicts and asked? I have. And knew quite a few in my day. I really could care less whether you agree or not. And by your last post its plain to see your a know it all azzhole who knows nothing. Your last post was so much BS its ridiculous, its obvious your full of pure B*ll sh*t. You don't know what your talking about, at all. Doctors could care less about you, all they care about is your money. That's it. And don't think for one second that there's not people out there addicted because of a money hungry dr! If you take pain pills everyday, following the directions and all that good stuff, for a few years you will be addicted! Guarenteed! And they could care less about a taper. What kind of shielded world do you live in, must be nice! But everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how off track it is. And I refuse to argue about something you obvisously have NO clue about.
All you'll get from addicts is a woeful tale of poor pitiful me,when all the while they rob you blind and starve their children while lying every breath. They need to make a colony for all the druggies that don't want no help and put them there. I for one don't believe a lie any druggie tells me. Druggies don't treat us like people so why should we return the favor? Most of these people getting so called help is also doing other drugs and shooting up their suboxone and methadone also they don't care about getting clean they just looking for a way to rob you and torture their family til they put their poor mothers and fathers in the grave.Steal everything from the old folks including their meds. They laugh at us and think we're stupid because they get so much over on us.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Trouble wrote:
Are you an addict? Have you talked to addicts and asked? I have. And knew quite a few in my day. I really could care less whether you agree or not. And by your last post its plain to see your a know it all azzhole who knows nothing. Your last post was so much BS its ridiculous, its obvious your full of pure B*ll sh*t. You don't know what your talking about, at all. Doctors could care less about you, all they care about is your money. That's it. And don't think for one second that there's not people out there addicted because of a money hungry dr! If you take pain pills everyday, following the directions and all that good stuff, for a few years you will be addicted! Guarenteed! And they could care less about a taper. What kind of shielded world do you live in, must be nice! But everyone has a right to their opinion, no matter how off track it is. And I refuse to argue about something you obvisously have NO clue about.
No I am not an addict but I know a hell of a lot of them and I wouldn't spit on them in hell for the things they have done. They have cause deaths and misery to my family that can never be forgiven. It has tore my family apart. So don't act like you're some kind of expert. The only ones that will downplay their actions are an addict,seller,or co-dependant.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am really sorry about your situation, but you still dont have the right to judge others. How would you feel if it was your son, daughter, brother, sister, or close friend, would you have some compassion or not. Think about it...
About a good 20% of my family is drug addicts and compassion and co-dependency has resulted in innocents becoming addicts and deaths. Drug addicts not only kill themselves but otheres also and they hurt others worse than themselves. I have a million reasons not to believe their lying bullshit.
Trouble

Mayfield, KY

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Well i'd rather be anyone or anything besides YOU! Your bitter and hateful, see how far that gets you in life! Your the one bitching at others about a crutch and listen at you. Yes drug addicts do lie, and plenty other things that's not right. They do things that demeans themselves, and hurts others. But your also talking about something you have no clue about! And as I said before I'm not arguing with someone who sounds and acts like a child. I'm sorry you have been so horribly impacted by drugs. Call me a liar all you want, I know what I've been thru in my life and I know what I've overcame. The thread was about drug addiction and rape and sexual abuse, I gave my story and opinion just like you. I'm not on here calling you a liar, and quite honestly with the piss poor attitude you have I could care less how you feel. My life was almost destroyed by some careless azzhole that only cared about himself and took what he wanted with no regard for anyone else. So pardon me for not having any respect for people with the same attitude. One day you just may have to eat some of the words you've spoken, life has a way of doing that to you. I sincerely hope you don't have children, poor things wouldn't have much guidance with someone like you. And I waited to have kids, my kids are doing wonderful with a mothr that's doing just fine now.
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
If you're clean that's great but just because you say someone done something horrible to you doesn't give you the right to rob,cheat,steal,etc. and I don't think you have truly recovered because you are STILL defending that lifestyle. I know how druggies are they will spin you a tall tale to the moon and tell you a million reasons and lies to include all kinds of tales of torture and abuse to try and make their abuse seem justifiable. But most don't want to get clean and until they do it's just sad. You keep arguing because what you don't realize is all of us with family members that are drug addicts don't really believe your lies and excuses. We just don't say anything because we are tired of the DRAMA.
Sick of dopeheads

Harlan, KY

#20 Feb 1, 2013
disagree wrote:
If you're clean that's great but just because you say someone done something horrible to you doesn't give you the right to rob,cheat,steal,etc. and I don't think you have truly recovered because you are STILL defending that lifestyle..
I agree 110%!!
disagree

Jonesville, VA

#21 Feb 1, 2013
My child and I were also hurt in a car wreck because the other driver was high on drugs and rammed us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ARH Unfaithful (Aug '10) 27 min Jess 45
looking for a male pitbull to breed with my female (Sep '10) 35 min Bluepitboy 494
Health dept. Pregnancy test (Mar '12) 48 min Confusedmomma 81
Old steakhouse 50 min nosy neighbor 6
Lisa Engle? 1 hr Ledford Dean 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Mickey402 163,259
Guy at wal-mart (Mar '13) 5 hr lol 49

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages