London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

the circus show for christian fanaticism is less than 150 yrs old; which means it was never practiced in the christian church until mountain people got bored

http://www.encyclopediaofalabama.org/face/Art...

serpents/snakes aren't toys
dumb

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Snake handling is for the occult. Its a circus show for the weak minded!!
Freethinking Humanist

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

OK, so here is how I see it. If I where going to be a Christian, I think that God would prefer that I go out into the world and try to reach the lost. I think that God would prefer that try to encourage others to follow us instead of running away. I think that would much rather see his Christians on mission trips instead of shaking starved to death milked snakes. I think that he'd rather see his Christians trying to save the lost from the fire of hell instead of playing around with it at church, and instead of drinking poison, I think that God would rather see his Christians drinking from the well.

And speaking of the so called "faith healers"... Why is it that the only time you see healings are in controld environments such as churches. If I was a faith healer, I would visit every ICU, Childrens Hospital, and Cancer unit in the country. But well, just research Peter Popoff and you will see that these faith healers are nothing but fraudes.

In conclusion, if you are a Christian, lay down that near dead snake, get out from behind those closed doors and act like Jesus.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Jimmy Rants 1:69 Thou Shalt not be a moron, and stick thy hands anywhere around a poisonous snake unless you are mentally deranged.

If your God asks you to do this, then your god is also an idiot.

Wise up dumb shits!
mehen

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Freethinking Humanist wrote:
OK, so here is how I see it. If I where going to be a Christian, I think that God would prefer that I go out into the world and try to reach the lost. I think that God would prefer that try to encourage others to follow us instead of running away. I think that would much rather see his Christians on mission trips instead of shaking starved to death milked snakes. I think that he'd rather see his Christians trying to save the lost from the fire of hell instead of playing around with it at church, and instead of drinking poison, I think that God would rather see his Christians drinking from the well.
And speaking of the so called "faith healers"... Why is it that the only time you see healings are in controld environments such as churches. If I was a faith healer, I would visit every ICU, Childrens Hospital, and Cancer unit in the country. But well, just research Peter Popoff and you will see that these faith healers are nothing but fraudes.
In conclusion, if you are a Christian, lay down that near dead snake, get out from behind those closed doors and act like Jesus.
belief a very powerful thing as known to science...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
jaysin

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Arthur's Chappel in Rose Hill, Va had a preacher bit and died on easter in 04'.

“Life is a Journey”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Personally I'm not gonna pick a snake up especially a dangerous one. In saying that people will do and beleive what they want and there is no changing them most of the time.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Someone who knows wrote:
They handle snakes on months that have 5 Sundays n them, and rants u seriously need a lve, I bet u weigh 500 pounds, u have ome serious issues!
I'm 240 pounds, and I am 6 foot 2 inches tall. I could stand to lose a few.

I guess you are gods gift to all women huh?
CrakHoze

Harlan, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text> well what about a spiting cobra, there poison will get you on contact to eye or any opening of the body, even the mouth, so YEAH try swallowing!
I will repeat this for you one last time. Nothing will happen if you swallow snake venom unless you have a sore in your mouth or bleeding gums. Venom has to get into your blood stream to be dangerous. You'd think as many years as folks around here have been worshiping snakes they would be a little more familiar with them.

Here is a website were you can learn all about snakes.

http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venomous_snake...

Notice:

What is the difference between poison and venom?
If you drink venom, will it kill you?

Poisons are substances that are toxic (cause harm) if swallowed or inhaled. Venoms are generally not toxic if swallowed, and must be injected under the skin (by snakes, spiders, etc.) into the tissues that are normally protected by skin in order to be toxic.

PS. I know for a fact that many of these people milk the snakes before taking them to church. When taken dry bites into account it is virtually impossible to die from a milked snake bite.
sweetdaddy

Centre, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I just need the name of some churches please lol.
sweetdaddy

Centre, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

So here is what I have so far. Cawood, Ages, Dizney, Middlesboro, Blackmont Holiness, and East London.
Loren

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

sweetdaddy wrote:
So here is what I have so far. Cawood, Ages, Dizney, Middlesboro, Blackmont Holiness, and East London.
Hi i just wanted to tell you not to waste your time at some of these churches. They won't talk to reporters or anyone writing a book. There is about 3 in London, 3 in the Manchester and Hyden Area, more near harlan but they will not let you video or take pictures in the service if they no you are doing it. If u want somewhere that will let you it's Jamie coots church in Middlesboro and Andrew hamblins church in lafollette Tennessee. I know this from experience all my family goes to these churches so I have been more then I care to count. You can try but they have never let anyone before. I don't really understand why but its just how they are. Good luck with your book how I was able to give some help.
Someone

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

I meant they don't want unwanted attention.
Someone

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Loren wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi i just wanted to tell you not to waste your time at some of these churches. They won't talk to reporters or anyone writing a book. There is about 3 in London, 3 in the Manchester and Hyden Area, more near harlan but they will not let you video or take pictures in the service if they no you are doing it. If u want somewhere that will let you it's Jamie coots church in Middlesboro and Andrew hamblins church in lafollette Tennessee. I know this from experience all my family goes to these churches so I have been more then I care to count. You can try but they have never let anyone before. I don't really understand why but its just how they are. Good luck with your book how I was able to give some help.
That is true they want unwanted attention brought on them.
wow

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

sweetdaddy wrote:
I am writing a modern day book on serpent handling . The books now list churches that do not practice anymore. I would like to know if there are any of these churches in that area.
there's more than u know in harlan county
wow

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

sweetdaddy wrote:
lejunior black mountain
someone

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

to my opinion wrote:
OK does it mean to spiritually lay hands on the sick not naturally.. I am curious .. i have been to snake handling churches before. I have seen people handle them.. I saw one lady handle one and I know she was a good christian lady.. she was as Lifeless as a piece of string..The LORD had to be with her or else...
I am not going to condemn anyone for how they beleive and what thier religion is but I am gonna say if they have the power to pick up the serpents. THEN signal out someone in the crowd that has cancer and PRAY for them with laying on hands and see them healed. OOPS i Dont wanna judge ..BUT These are questions in my mind..
I agree 100% with you!
wow

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

CrakHoze wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat this for you one last time. Nothing will happen if you swallow snake venom unless you have a sore in your mouth or bleeding gums. Venom has to get into your blood stream to be dangerous. You'd think as many years as folks around here have been worshiping snakes they would be a little more familiar with them.
Here is a website were you can learn all about snakes.
http://ufwildlife.ifas.ufl.edu/venomous_snake...
Notice:
What is the difference between poison and venom?
If you drink venom, will it kill you?
Poisons are substances that are toxic (cause harm) if swallowed or inhaled. Venoms are generally not toxic if swallowed, and must be injected under the skin (by snakes, spiders, etc.) into the tissues that are normally protected by skin in order to be toxic.
PS. I know for a fact that many of these people milk the snakes before taking them to church. When taken dry bites into account it is virtually impossible to die from a milked snake bite.
yeah but the true ones don't do that. i know for a fact i've seen t come in fresh out of the mountains. so tell your lies to someone who cares

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

wow wrote:
<quoted text>yeah but the true ones don't do that. i know for a fact i've seen t come in fresh out of the mountains. so tell your lies to someone who cares
He speaks true. If you say otherwise then you are the liar. Put that in your church pipe and smoke it.

I hear the pentecostal churches around these parts are for gay folks. Dis be true snakeman?
paulandjesus

Fort Benning, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Mark does say it. And for those that believe nothings gonna change it. For those who don't believe nothing but the grace of God is gonna open up their minds to it but the Holy Ghost. Just like it did all those before us who had never come into contact with it. Just like it did for me. I've never handled a serpent or fire.(I have prayed over the sick and the Holy Ghost Moved and a boy was healed.)
1 thing I would say. You have to live a close sanctified life for the signs to follow you. None of us are perfect but there is a way of holy living we have to strive for.
Don't try to take up for the way, just walk in it and pray for those who don't believe.
I am interested in chatting with someone who goes to a trinity signs church and who believes in the saved sanctified Holy Ghost baptized experience.
My gmail is paulstrength11@gmail.com. would especially like to talk with some of the Saylors from rural street church if possible. I have some questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of65
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Harlan Forum right now

Search the Harlan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min ChromiuMan 128,555
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 28 min JOE NASTY 146,093
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 37 min Wise Guy 81,565
Why do poor people have children? 1 hr zeek 4
Russell Alred Should Be Wearing Prison Stripes.... (Jul '12) 1 hr Good Grief 98
Luttrell arrested again 1 hr guest 26
walmart workers 1 hr Let_ them_ eat_ cake 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harlan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000