serpent handling
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
sweetdaddy

Centre, AL

#1 Jan 15, 2013
I am writing a modern day book on serpent handling . The books now list churches that do not practice anymore. I would like to know if there are any of these churches in that area.
Yes

Baxter, KY

#2 Jan 15, 2013
Yes, there are churches that practice in this area. But as to specifics, I don't know anything about it.
sweetdaddy

Centre, AL

#3 Jan 15, 2013
Thank you . I was not planning on going just yet , but I was tring to compile a list.
wgaf

Macon, GA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
sweetdaddy wrote:
Thank you . I was not planning on going just yet , but I was tring to compile a list.
cawood ky go rite by the car wash use to be
Tommy Jenkins

London, KY

#5 Jan 15, 2013
sweetdaddy wrote:
I am writing a modern day book on serpent handling . The books now list churches that do not practice anymore. I would like to know if there are any of these churches in that area.
There are several in Harlan County they are located in Cawwod, sheilds, Ages, and Dizney. And there a few more that do it as well here in Harlan
Horrifying

Corbin, KY

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Please does anyone, maybe a former member, have any photos of people doing this? The police need to be notified! If these people want to do this then have at it, but please keep our Heavenly Father out of it, and keep innocent children FAR away from this stuff!!!
Tommy Jenkins

London, KY

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Horrifying wrote:
Please does anyone, maybe a former member, have any photos of people doing this? The police need to be notified! If these people want to do this then have at it, but please keep our Heavenly Father out of it, and keep innocent children FAR away from this stuff!!!
Their has never been a church or member prosecuted for this in KY. They never put children in harms way so worship your way and let them do the same! Mind your own business!
shesha

Morehead, KY

#8 Jan 15, 2013
serpent handling isn't unique to christianity.

hindu's were doing it long before christians even thought about it.
i handle

Hyden, KY

#9 Jan 15, 2013
at least 3 or 4 each year.the ones i handle has no head but they are serpent's..whats the big deal here?i just use safety first.i blow their heads off then handle them what kind religion does that make me?a headless snake handler.
Craziness

Richmond, KY

#10 Jan 15, 2013
God gave me sense enuff not to pick up, let alone handle a stupid poisious snake, weak minded people do crazy thing, thing claim it to be in the name of the lord!!!!
lol

Mount Vernon, KY

#11 Jan 15, 2013
These nuts usually get what they deserve!
Miss Miss

Harlan, KY

#12 Jan 15, 2013
I am not a snake handler but I am holliness, and I really wish you guys would not judge what you do not know. I dont believe that you have to do that to get to Heaven but some of my friends do and I respect that. I also believe that if they are doing it from their hearts than there would not be any pictures or videos, but they dont go around bothering anyone and I have never heard of a kid getting bit, so I think you can put your concerns to rest.
CrakHoze

Harlan, KY

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Craziness wrote:
God gave me sense enuff not to pick up, let alone handle a stupid poisious snake, weak minded people do crazy thing, thing claim it to be in the name of the lord!!!!
Technically snakes aren't poisonous. You can eat them all just fine. It's the venomous ones that will kill you.

Venom is dangerous when in the bloodstream.
Poison is dangerous when ingested.
Yeah

Richmond, KY

#14 Jan 16, 2013
Well then how bout you swallow some, and see if it hurts you?
my opinion

Harlan, KY

#15 Jan 16, 2013
I don't believe in snake handling
Good

Ivel, KY

#16 Jan 16, 2013
I grew up watching it and even though I don't attend church now. Like I should. There is nothing wrong w it. It is just the way here. I'm glad we have it

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#17 Jan 16, 2013
Let's make this real simple for the simple minded.

Anyone who handles a snake/serpent in the name of religious worship/proving unwavering faith needs mental help immediately.

And you wonder why many of us laugh at you superstitious idiots.

Actually, ah, nevermind.
lol

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Jan 16, 2013
Miss Miss wrote:
I am not a snake handler but I am holliness, and I really wish you guys would not judge what you do not know. I dont believe that you have to do that to get to Heaven but some of my friends do and I respect that. I also believe that if they are doing it from their hearts than there would not be any pictures or videos, but they dont go around bothering anyone and I have never heard of a kid getting bit, so I think you can put your concerns to rest.
Can you handle the one eyed snake sweetheart?
my opinion

Harlan, KY

#19 Jan 16, 2013
When it says thou shall take up serpents it dont mean go out and get stupid snakes. I don't believe in it at all
Someone

London, KY

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Jimmy Rants wrote:
Let's make this real simple for the simple minded.
Anyone who handles a snake/serpent in the name of religious worship/proving unwavering faith needs mental help immediately.
And you wonder why many of us laugh at you superstitious idiots.
Actually, ah, nevermind.
I was wondering when Rants would stick his two cents in this conversation. Jimmy Rants a legend in his own mind and nowhere else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***last post wins*** (May '11) 4 min --Prince-- 17,696
Add a Word Drop a word (Aug '10) 18 min AppyMan 5,515
Single women 45 min Who are you 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Ren 172,997
Word Association (Feb '15) 1 hr Anna 1,695
keep a word + drop a word (Nov '11) 3 hr Anna 5,831
Harlan needs more Mexican Monuments 5 hr JuanDeCarlos 15

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance