Strategic Relocation
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Try to watch this if you can. It may help, or not.

curious

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Dec 19, 2012
So - Yes or No....
Are you suggesting everyone get relocated?
Why?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#3 Dec 19, 2012
curious wrote:
So - Yes or No....
Are you suggesting everyone get relocated?
Why?
No, no, no, no...This is about if America was nuked, where should you relocate to, to be safer than where you are now, if you are in a targeted, destruction, area. Harlan is NOT in a safe zone.

Watch the clip and you will see what this man is saying.

It's interesting. At least it is too me.
nucs

Hyden, KY

#4 Dec 19, 2012
would be hitting big cities and army sites.and their no nuclear nation that cares for its self and their family going try hit another nuc. nation it like nuc. your self.within a short time the other nation going rain them down back on you.so nuc's are worthless.and even if you was under ground then the fallout stays for 50 to 100 yrs nothing will grow.you going be dead sooner or later. anyways.they may be some the people survive in these far back hills and hollows where not many people are and is not that a threat to any one.i no the hill people has more of a chance surviving any kind of attack or a gov.going broke.where money no use.when push comes to shove these mountain people will come together and survive a lot better than others .i would bet any thing on that to much know how still around.
going down

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, no...This is about if America was nuked, where should you relocate to, to be safer than where you are now, if you are in a targeted, destruction, area. Harlan is NOT in a safe zone.
Watch the clip and you will see what this man is saying.
It's interesting. At least it is too me.
why do you think harlan would not be safe ?fact is if and that is a big if it would only take 4 bombs and no one would make It don't care if you did go under ground nothing would grow during the nuclear winter which would last 50+years.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#6 Dec 19, 2012
going down wrote:
<quoted text>why do you think harlan would not be safe ?fact is if and that is a big if it would only take 4 bombs and no one would make It don't care if you did go under ground nothing would grow during the nuclear winter which would last 50+years.
That's exactly why many governments are going underground in bunkers and making them where you can have gardens to tennis courts. I mean huge cites underground. Fresh air, clean water and filtration systems galore.

The nukes are not as dirty as once thought. Deadly, yes in close proximity to ground zero, but less impactful the further you move away from ground zero.

Many nuclear scientist are saying the rads would be low enough to be outside in 30 days or less. I originally thought like you did until I started doing research on this.

Harlan is not safe due to the influx of people trying to get to out of the northeast, southeast, and right your way they would pass, robbing, killing for food and whatever they could get. It would be a very hostile America due to mas amounts of people in survival mode.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#7 Dec 19, 2012
nucs wrote:
would be hitting big cities and army sites.and their no nuclear nation that cares for its self and their family going try hit another nuc. nation it like nuc. your self.within a short time the other nation going rain them down back on you.so nuc's are worthless.and even if you was under ground then the fallout stays for 50 to 100 yrs nothing will grow.you going be dead sooner or later. anyways.they may be some the people survive in these far back hills and hollows where not many people are and is not that a threat to any one.i no the hill people has more of a chance surviving any kind of attack or a gov.going broke.where money no use.when push comes to shove these mountain people will come together and survive a lot better than others .i would bet any thing on that to much know how still around.
The intermountain west is the safest place to be in a nuclear holocast.

If you are not ready when the blast happens, you're already dead. Only preppers will have a chance to survive.
their

Hyden, KY

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
The intermountain west is the safest place to be in a nuclear holocast.
If you are not ready when the blast happens, you're already dead. Only preppers will have a chance to survive.
more chances of the sun falling than a nuc. attack on the usa. or the ussr or china.great Britan France .no country is stupid to attack them selves that what it would be.so try prepping for the sun or moon falling.

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#9 Dec 19, 2012
their wrote:
<quoted text>more chances of the sun falling than a nuc. attack on the usa. or the ussr or china.great Britan France .no country is stupid to attack them selves that what it would be.so try prepping for the sun or moon falling.
Then why has the U.S.A. stopped building nukes that are over 10 years old, and Russia are now on their 10th series upgraded nukes that are still being built today about about the rate of 3 per month?

We may not get nuked, but what if we did?

Would you be ready?
going down

United States

#10 Dec 20, 2012
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly why many governments are going underground in bunkers and making them where you can have gardens to tennis courts. I mean huge cites underground. Fresh air, clean water and filtration systems galore.
The nukes are not as dirty as once thought. Deadly, yes in close proximity to ground zero, but less impactful the further you move away from ground zero.
Many nuclear scientist are saying the rads would be low enough to be outside in 30 days or less. I originally thought like you did until I started doing research on this.
Harlan is not safe due to the influx of people trying to get to out of the northeast, southeast, and right your way they would pass, robbing, killing for food and whatever they could get. It would be a very hostile America due to mas amounts of people in survival mode.
well you have been missinformed I have been in and around these bunkers and as a former marine we were told the safest place would be atleast 200 miles away from impact and if more than 2 were used we would be done.yes you could belive that going underground will save you but here is why your 30days and resurface won't work :
If just 1 bomb is launched they will be hundreds follow from us and around the world .every country that has them will use them .how many countrys do you think have them pointed right at us.
See if this type if war happens their is a couple countrys their plan is if we are hit then we will destroy the world .
Now as for harlan if somthing happen I think I would be safer in these moutains than just about any were else .
Short of nuclar war.
They may come in but if these zombies as you call them think that their dumb a$$ can come in this area and rob and kill they would have made a big mistake we can handle them trust me .
Only the ones prepared will survive if you are running across country you was not ready and will die.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2012
I heard that guy on Coast to Coast a.m. and found it pretty interesting. It definitely deserves some thought.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Dec 20, 2012
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
The intermountain west is the safest place to be in a nuclear holocast.
If you are not ready when the blast happens, you're already dead. Only preppers will have a chance to survive.
Hey Jim they claim that the most remote rural places would be the safest places to be during a nuclear attack. Well we go some pretty remote places around here. And I'll bet these old abandoned coal mines would make great bomb shelters. You may want to consider moving back to Harlan. HA


Just think about it. If the U.S gets nuked the hillbillies may inherit that country HA! A nation of hillbillies! wow
now

Hyden, KY

#13 Dec 20, 2012
if a nuc strike was going happen i think i would go share them under ground mines with the workers for as long as it took.or they are some nice caves around house quiet bunch of people.the hill billy would become the new age cave man.the cave billy.just make their own laws as the go.
yep

Hyden, KY

#14 Dec 20, 2012
now wrote:
if a nuc strike was going happen i think i would go share them under ground mines with the workers for as long as it took.or they are some nice caves around house quiet bunch of people.the hill billy would become the new age cave man.the cave billy.just make their own laws as the go.
I don't like caves, they're dark and damp..
ok then

Hyden, KY

#15 Dec 20, 2012
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like caves, they're dark and damp..
you have be a tree billy in a tree house.way above the forest.only a wolfs nest.
yep

Hyden, KY

#16 Dec 20, 2012
ok then wrote:
<quoted text>you have be a tree billy in a tree house.way above the forest.only a wolfs nest.
That sounds nice. Can a wolf climb a tree? Will He Wolf stay in the tree house with me?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#17 Dec 27, 2012
rawtruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jim they claim that the most remote rural places would be the safest places to be during a nuclear attack. Well we go some pretty remote places around here. And I'll bet these old abandoned coal mines would make great bomb shelters. You may want to consider moving back to Harlan. HA
Just think about it. If the U.S gets nuked the hillbillies may inherit that country HA! A nation of hillbillies! wow
I was wondering about the safety in the coal mines. I also wonder would the water be safe to drink from the near by rivers?

In Colorado, we have gold, silver, copper, natural mountain caves, and coal mines.

Personally, I would want to be in the very high country, because I do not think mainstream flatlander Americans could, or would want to climb 9-14,000 foot tall mountains to go farther west.

I live at the 9,000 foot level now. Thin air up there with mountains galore and huge forests, and many eatin' critters there from elk, deer, bear, and the old favorite, mountain lion. Oh, we have no snakes here either at this altitude, other than the garden snake. No roaches either.

Would it be safe to breath the air in those coal mines for an extended period of time?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#19 Dec 27, 2012
going down wrote:
<quoted text>well you have been missinformed I have been in and around these bunkers and as a former marine we were told the safest place would be atleast 200 miles away from impact and if more than 2 were used we would be done.yes you could belive that going underground will save you but here is why your 30days and resurface won't work :
If just 1 bomb is launched they will be hundreds follow from us and around the world .every country that has them will use them .how many countrys do you think have them pointed right at us.
See if this type if war happens their is a couple countrys their plan is if we are hit then we will destroy the world .
Now as for harlan if somthing happen I think I would be safer in these moutains than just about any were else .
Short of nuclar war.
They may come in but if these zombies as you call them think that their dumb a$$ can come in this area and rob and kill they would have made a big mistake we can handle them trust me .
Only the ones prepared will survive if you are running across country you was not ready and will die.
Your area could not handle 100s of thousands of people locked and loaded coming into your area in need of food to survive. No area could, so that is why you want to be where the people aren't.

Nukes would mostly be the most deadly from ground zero to 6.5 miles away from the center.

The fallout would go miles high, taking days for it to fall. Once it fell, it weakens in strength, so the most you would have to be underground is 3- 30 days tops. You would need to know the rad levels before going outside.

Chernobyl, in the old Soviet Union, and Fukushima, Japan are much more radiated and dirtier than a nuke today. In fact, today's nukes are cleaner.

The intermountain west is the best place to be in the event of a nuclear attack according to the experts in the field of nuclear physics and demography. There are danger zones in some of those intermountain areas as well.

Every area have their bad asses, and we all want our bad asses to be the badest in the land. Truth is, everyone is scared in a doomsday event, and scard people are the most dangerous, so everyone is a bad ass in that case.

This is why we need to become preppers....It's a just in case deal, or what if?

“Use Your Prepper Sense”

Since: Sep 09

In Your Head

#20 Dec 27, 2012
their wrote:
<quoted text>more chances of the sun falling than a nuc. attack on the usa. or the ussr or china.great Britan France .no country is stupid to attack them selves that what it would be.so try prepping for the sun or moon falling.
I recently posted how the United States cannot attack on a warning. This started when Clinton was in office.

In fact, we might in the near future, have to have permission from the United Nations to return fire.

It's getting bad in this New World Order that is quickly heading our way.

In the Denver airport, there is a plaque that says welcome to the New World Order Denver Airport......or something very close to that saying. There there is art work all over the place that tells a story that spells doom for humanity. I mean graphic pictures. It's weird.

Google art in the Denver airport, and you can see it for yourself.

“"South of Southern”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Dec 28, 2012
Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering about the safety in the coal mines. I also wonder would the water be safe to drink from the near by rivers?
In Colorado, we have gold, silver, copper, natural mountain caves, and coal mines.
Personally, I would want to be in the very high country, because I do not think mainstream flatlander Americans could, or would want to climb 9-14,000 foot tall mountains to go farther west.
I live at the 9,000 foot level now. Thin air up there with mountains galore and huge forests, and many eatin' critters there from elk, deer, bear, and the old favorite, mountain lion. Oh, we have no snakes here either at this altitude, other than the garden snake. No roaches either.
Would it be safe to breath the air in those coal mines for an extended period of time?
When I post this next comment the tree huggers and Obamanites are going to just about choke to death. But..

Believe it or not some of the purest drinking water around comes from abandoned coal mines. Many "Camps" as they are called around here. Get their drinking water from some old abandoned coal mines. And have been doing so for probably around a hundred years or so. I know several small neighborhoods where every one that lives there gets their drinking and cooking water from an old abandoned mine. And many of the residents have it tested periodically to make sure that it is safe for human consumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for lawyer 11 min Neighbor 1
Rachel Brock (Oct '10) 1 hr shell d johnson 27
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Szabo 166,303
dallas kelly 11 hr Budlight 2
Real man 17 hr Seen It 4
Gas stations and restaurants in evarts. 18 hr Curious 1
Hmm. 20 hr Eyes 4

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages