Looking for a small (tea-cup, miniatu...

Looking for a small (tea-cup, miniature, tiny) dog

Posted in the Harlan Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I Love BKF”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 1, 2011
I am looking for a small inside dog. I had a mini maltese ordered but come to find out it was a scam just to take my money. Is there anyone who can help?
hey

London, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2011
check out ky precious pups..she has some and lives in harlan.
Scammers Shew

Vilonia, AR

#3 Apr 1, 2011
Oh yes i got scammed to honey!!! let me tell you about it I orderd a apple head chihuhua for $220.00 now and never recieved the dog!!! im ferious!! the email was [email protected]
Dont believe anything they say when they start it off like in regards of my baby blah blah blah you know!! watch out for scammers if someone wonts you to western union money to them more then likely its a scam

“I Love BKF”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4 Apr 3, 2011
Yeah I can't for the life understand how people can go to bed at night knowing they are hurting people like that....I guess some people just don't have a heart..
Looking

Baxter, KY

#5 Apr 7, 2011
I have a Sheltie puppy, if you are interested.
i have a teacup poodle

Harlan, KY

#6 Apr 9, 2011
i have a teacup poodle that i bought...i paid 400 for it...475 all together...its a girl...shes very friendly..and lovable...ive had her since christmas 2009..shes not very old at all...i can send pics if you want..just leave email address
momma123

Richmond, KY

#7 Apr 9, 2011
i have a teacup poodle wrote:
i have a teacup poodle that i bought...i paid 400 for it...475 all together...its a girl...shes very friendly..and lovable...ive had her since christmas 2009..shes not very old at all...i can send pics if you want..just leave email address
How much are you asking for the poodle? Is it trained?
Guest

Waco, KY

#8 Apr 10, 2011
I don't understand how people can just trade, buy, and sell dogs like they're items. A dog is a 10+ year commitment like a child.
i have a teacup poodle

Harlan, KY

#9 Apr 10, 2011
momma123 wrote:
<quoted text>
How much are you asking for the poodle? Is it trained?
im not sure yet...let me discuss with someone and i will let you know later on today...she is not trained...i tried training her this past winter bc i brought her in for the winter but i dident really have the time bc i was working all the time...although im sure she can be...shes a great dog...i just dont have the time to properlly take care of her...meaning...give her the proper attention she needs :(

“I Love BKF”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#10 Apr 11, 2011
Please send me some informtaion about the miniature poodle. Pics and price please. I am very interested!! [email protected]
Wondering

Harlan, KY

#11 Apr 11, 2011
I'm also interested in the teacup poodle. I already have one and I've been looking for a friend for her to play with for a long time. Could you also send me the information if you still have the dog? I would be willing to send you vet and grooming records and references.
[email protected]
i will

Harlan, KY

#12 Apr 12, 2011
i still have the dog and will send pics by tonight or tomarrow night...sorry for the delay
:)

Harrodsburg, KY

#13 Apr 13, 2011
Try the animal shelter.
harlan

Manchester, KY

#14 Apr 13, 2011
yeah go on petfinder and you can look at the dogs in the shelter you can even look by size
Hmm

Harlan, KY

#15 Apr 13, 2011
Never "order" an animal. 99% of the time, they come from puppy mills and from people who just don't care. If they don't die on the way home, they'll die after you get them, most of the time even expensive vet bills can't help them.
You should also go and meet the dog. What if you pre-purchase and turns out you have no connection with the dog you've already paid for? That would suck.
Personally, I would never pay for a dog that doesn't come with registration and proof of health.

Unless you're looking for a specific breed (not just size wise) or a show dog (which it has to be AKC for that to happen)go to the pound. Those animals are in prison without a crime. Dogs at the animal shelter aren't bad, they're just victims of irresponsible owners. Sometimes they even have purebreds there because people often make no effort to find their dogs a new home.

If you're buying a registered dog, also beware of forged papers. People will take a mutt and forge papers. Yorkiepoos, Puggles, Chiwienies, pekepoos, ect. Are NOT breeds. They are mutts that will grow to be hard to train, have small dog syndrome (where the dog thinks it's boss) and will have health problems. Getting one supports mixed breeding and paying for one, is a stupid thing to do.

Just a little advice.
Guest

Waco, KY

#16 Apr 13, 2011
Hmm wrote:
Never "order" an animal. 99% of the time, they come from puppy mills and from people who just don't care. If they don't die on the way home, they'll die after you get them, most of the time even expensive vet bills can't help them.
You should also go and meet the dog. What if you pre-purchase and turns out you have no connection with the dog you've already paid for? That would suck.
Personally, I would never pay for a dog that doesn't come with registration and proof of health.
Unless you're looking for a specific breed (not just size wise) or a show dog (which it has to be AKC for that to happen)go to the pound. Those animals are in prison without a crime. Dogs at the animal shelter aren't bad, they're just victims of irresponsible owners. Sometimes they even have purebreds there because people often make no effort to find their dogs a new home.
If you're buying a registered dog, also beware of forged papers. People will take a mutt and forge papers. Yorkiepoos, Puggles, Chiwienies, pekepoos, ect. Are NOT breeds. They are mutts that will grow to be hard to train, have small dog syndrome (where the dog thinks it's boss) and will have health problems. Getting one supports mixed breeding and paying for one, is a stupid thing to do.
Just a little advice.
Omg finally someone with some sense around here. I'm tired of seeing people say "Looking to buy dog" "Looking to buy big dog" "Looking to buy small dog". They'll just take any dog that is free or cheap. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for all of the mutts in the world. But PEOPLE if you really want a specific breed of dog. Go to the AKC website (to ensure it is purebred) find a reputable breed near you, go and visit that breeder, and choose a dog that fits your lifestyle best.
hotdog

Richmond, KY

#17 Apr 13, 2011
I agree guest. Shelter dogs are great. I just wanted to get a particular kind of dog, a maltese and got hooked up with a good breeder from Tenn. Then I wanted another dog and scoured the internet for a breeder for Yorktese dogs. Half yorkie and half maltese. I talked with the breeder by phone for about 2 weeks, got a feel for what kind of person she was, checked the BBB regarding a rating for this breeder. You just have to be careful. If the price is cheap for a dog that should be more, then you're probably going to get scammed. It's also hard to discern from the puppy mill breeders and the really good breeders, it's just something you have to take your time and thoroughly research. Good luck.
Hmm

Harlan, KY

#18 Apr 14, 2011
hotdog wrote:
...for a breeder for Yorktese dogs. Half yorkie and half maltese.
So thank you for supporting back yard breeding and intentional crossing of two breeds to make an ill mutt.

I really wish people would not do this. Purposefully crossing two dogs just because you want it to look cute so it will sell for more, quicker, is awful and the people that buy them are making it worse.
Maltese are loud (they're barking is one of the loudest domestic things) and they're prone to just being flat out hateful, and Yorkies are stubborn and hard to train. That would not only be ugly, but it can't possibly be a good dog to have around.
hotdog

Richmond, KY

#19 Apr 14, 2011
Hmmm, you have a right to your opinion, but the mixed breeds are very popular and I can say personally, that my maltese is a very sweet boy, he is not hateful, and you are wrong that their characteristic is to be hateful and bark a lot. On the contrary, they are a very sweet natured dog. My Yorktese is a lively little dog, and he is a very sweet natured dog as well. I don't know where you're getting that mixed breeds are bad. My dogs are healthy and a happy part of my life. Mixed breed dogs have been around since the beginning of time.
Hmm

Harlan, KY

#20 Apr 16, 2011
I was trying to make the true point that intentionally crossing two dogs just to make money is wrong.
I have a mixed breed that was thrown out like trash. Actually, he was thrown out with someone's trash and he's a wonderful dog.
And what you fail to realize is that thousands of years ago, when we were crossing dogs, it was for a purpose, either to make better workers, better hunters, or another purpose, not to just make more money.
If people want mixed dogs they should go to a shelter, or if you want a specific mix, look for a rescue, because irresponsible people dump them there too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harlan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Paul 163,800
looking for a male pitbull to breed with my female (Sep '10) 6 hr Marquis 505
feeling pissed off 10 hr ggreenmo 1
were the easy girls at 13 hr INyourFACE 9
the music thread (Jan '12) Wed Sharlene45 2,918
***last post wins*** (May '11) Wed texas pete 17,535
News Whata s Goina On Wed Maybe 6

Harlan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harlan Mortgages