Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
17,701 - 17,720 of 22,261 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19558
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
Actually I wasn't talking about an apology when I made that statement. I do not care if he made an apology or not, I do not care if he bowed or not. When I said I was not spliting hair I was speaking about Jefferson, DUMBA$$.
You were splitting hairs over the term Christian nation. I showed quotes from Jefferson that enforced his belief that the US was not founded as a Christian nation yet you split hairs because he never said the exact phrase you were looking for. In contrast one of the other lies posted was Obama went on an "apology tour" yet at no time did he ever apologize.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19559
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Actually you are so full of s--t, you twist things to suit yourself, You are the one who stated that Jefferson said or implied that America was not founded as a Christian Nation; he did not do either. That sir IS NOT splitting hairs, and you can twist it any way you damn well chose. AND I've already stated that I don't give a damn whether he apologized to anyone or not. You are nothing more or less than an idiot who would follow Obama without question, even if he jumped off a cliff. In short you haven't got the brains God gave a GNAT.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19560
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
Actually you are so full of s--t, you twist things to suit yourself, You are the one who stated that Jefferson said or implied that America was not founded as a Christian Nation; he did not do either. That sir IS NOT splitting hairs, and you can twist it any way you damn well chose. AND I've already stated that I don't give a damn whether he apologized to anyone or not. You are nothing more or less than an idiot who would follow Obama without question, even if he jumped off a cliff. In short you haven't got the brains God gave a GNAT.
Jefferson most certainly did....and I provided the links to back me up. Yet because he didn't say the exact phrase you try to split hairs. You are the one up to your eyeballs in shyt boy.

Now since you decided to take the typical texatard stance and debate like a spoiled brat, instead of like an adult I will treat you like a little brat, boy.

Find where he apologized yet boy?

Didn't think so

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19561
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
Actually you are so full of s--t, you twist things to suit yourself, You are the one who stated that Jefferson said or implied that America was not founded as a Christian Nation; he did not do either. That sir IS NOT splitting hairs, and you can twist it any way you damn well chose. AND I've already stated that I don't give a damn whether he apologized to anyone or not. You are nothing more or less than an idiot who would follow Obama without question, even if he jumped off a cliff. In short you haven't got the brains God gave a GNAT.
By the way boy, John Adams also enforced the belief that America was not a Christian nation. that makes 2 founding father Presidents that said it.

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." John Adams Treaty of Tripoli.

Are you going to deny that one too, boy?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19562
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lets debunk another lie in this post:
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>

First President to defy a Federal Judges court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
Fiction!
The constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has been questioned by several courts in various states in the US since it was passed into law in March 21, 2010. According to an August 12, 2011 article in Reuters a U.S. Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta ruled that it was unconstitutional to require all Americans to buy insurance or face a penalty but it unanimously reversed a lower court decision that threw out the entire law.

Final say on the matter came from the Supreme Court which ruled in favor of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/su...

Also interesting, President Andrew Jackson violated a federal court ruling (Supreme Court) on Indian Removal. Making the claim Obama was the first a double lie.
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/andrewjackson/themes/...

So far none of these alleged first are factual.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19563
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Actually, you are correct about his statement in the treaty, however you left out the part about him having to send gifts to the Shah before he would ratify the treaty. Again you choose only to use the quotes that suit you. Adams also said, and I quote: "The Christian religion is above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity, and humanity." Now does your ignorant a$$ actually believe that anyone would state that belief in a treaty with a Muslim Shah? HELL NO! Polititions quite often tell people what they want to hear in order to gain their objectives. JUST TWIST IT LITTLE GIRL!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19564
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
Actually, you are correct about his statement in the treaty, however you left out the part about him having to send gifts to the Shah before he would ratify the treaty. Again you choose only to use the quotes that suit you. Adams also said, and I quote: "The Christian religion is above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity, and humanity." Now does your ignorant a$$ actually believe that anyone would state that belief in a treaty with a Muslim Shah? HELL NO! Polititions quite often tell people what they want to hear in order to gain their objectives. JUST TWIST IT LITTLE GIRL!
does not matter one iota what he sent as a gift, boy. The claim was...and I will repeat it since you seem to have forgotten it already.
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>

First President to say that America was not a Christian nation.
The first President to make that claim was John Adams, or second President. That makes defiant1's claim FALSE.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19565
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

our
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19566
Aug 2, 2013
 
ActuaIIy wrote:
Lets debunk another lie in this post:
<quoted text>
Fiction!
The constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has been questioned by several courts in various states in the US since it was passed into law in March 21, 2010. According to an August 12, 2011 article in Reuters a U.S. Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta ruled that it was unconstitutional to require all Americans to buy insurance or face a penalty but it unanimously reversed a lower court decision that threw out the entire law.
Final say on the matter came from the Supreme Court which ruled in favor of it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/su...
Also interesting, President Andrew Jackson violated a federal court ruling (Supreme Court) on Indian Removal. Making the claim Obama was the first a double lie.
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/andrewjackson/themes/...
So far none of these alleged first are factual.
Actually these Ten Gallon Tin Hat cowboys have had all of these discussions about a year or two ago. Same facts presented to them and as you can observe they twist and turn evade, distract, hide from the truth. Truth is a theory that remains until otherwise disproved and that is why they are still here trying to disprove truths that they cannot. Making this site and good thread to keep filling it with facts as they unfold on the political stage. All the right wing have here are Tin Hats to support them. Hey here is one that defiant likes to bring out of his closet every now and then; “FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS!” LOL Most times I just throw them back into the chasm that they are erecting all about themselves.
Chasm widens. Will this give birth to the Progressive Grand Old Party?
Senator Ted Cruz {R Tea Party} from Texas has launched his desires for the 2016 presidenticy as has Marco Rubio {R Tea Party} of Florida.
Cruz has revealed as he says “ A dirty little secret, republicans {traditionalist} would like very much to cast a symbolic vote against raising the debt ceiling and nonetheless to allow our democrat friends on the left side of the aisle to raise the debt ceiling.”
Mike Lee {R Tea Party} and Ted Cruz prefer the hostage/ransom method to block any progress of the Congress. John McCain {R Traditional} disagrees as this will inflame the scenario of an up and down vote by the democrats. Who will then expand that to all Key issues.
Democrats begin to set the stage. Complaining of how the republicans are blocking or delaying confirmation of top White House nominees. Including Federal Judges. Accusing a small group are abusing their powers to block actions for our Congress to proceed with the governing of our Nation.
The Chasm Widens…
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19567
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I don't care if he wasn't the first or not, John Adams had been dead many many years, Obama is sitting in The White House now. AND what makes a false claim by defiant1 any worse than the false claims you make little girl? JUST TWIST IT B---H!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19568
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
I don't care if he wasn't the first or not, John Adams had been dead many many years, Obama is sitting in The White House now. AND what makes a false claim by defiant1 any worse than the false claims you make little girl? JUST TWIST IT B---H!
So in your little rant you condone a lie because it suits you.

Context is everything boy, John Adams said over 200 years ago the the US was not founded as a Christian nation but a nation for ALL faiths.

4 years ago President Obama made a comment praising America's diversity explaining to a foreign government that was suffering from religious infighting that different religions can coexist peacefully when he said:

"One of the great strengths of the United States, "is ... we have a very large Christian population -- we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation or a Jewish nation or a Muslim nation. We consider ourselves a nation of citizens who are bound by ideals and a set of values."

And brain dead racists on the right filled the bottles of kool aid to their sheeple (you) into the false belief that he just dissed Christianity....and you sheeple drink their lies by the gallon.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19569
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I did not condone a lie,I merely stated that one was quite possibly told. Big difference girlie. I also said Obama should not say we when saying who considers us a Christian nation, if he wants to say I, fine let him. I DO CONSIDER US TO BE A CHRISTIAN NATION, such is my right. I do not say we, I say I, and Obama should do the same. So tell me how do we coexist with Islam, when they say convert us or kill us? They say that whether you are willing to admit it or not. We are a nation of religious freedom founded predominatly by Christians. Dissed, what in the hell does dissed mean?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19570
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
I did not condone a lie,I merely stated that one was quite possibly told. Big difference girlie. I also said Obama should not say we when saying who considers us a Christian nation, if he wants to say I, fine let him. I DO CONSIDER US TO BE A CHRISTIAN NATION, such is my right. I do not say we, I say I, and Obama should do the same. So tell me how do we coexist with Islam, when they say convert us or kill us? They say that whether you are willing to admit it or not. We are a nation of religious freedom founded predominatly by Christians. Dissed, what in the hell does dissed mean?
I consider you to be a complete idiot. That being said the FACTS support Obama's remark that the US was not founded as a Christian nation but rather a nation for all faiths.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19571
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I really don't give a s--t what you consider, you are a total fool and as such you deserve Obama. Three more years and he's out of here, just another bad memory. Survived Bush, will survive Obama.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19572
Aug 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Texan wrote:
I really don't give a s--t what you consider, you are a total fool and as such you deserve Obama. Three more years and he's out of here, just another bad memory. Survived Bush, will survive Obama.
If you didn't give a s--t boy you would walk away.

What really gets your panties in a bunch boy is the facts do not support your opinion.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19576
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you back any of these claims up or was it something "you heard"?
OMG, lets not say anything against Obama. The country doesn't matter anymore, just the race.
You stupid puppet, cut your strings. Leave race out of it and tell me, why do you like Obama?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19577
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I'll take another one just to show you researched NOTHING.
First President to go on multiple global apology tours-including bowing to foreign rulers.
Never apologized on any foreign tour.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Nor the first President to bow to a foreign ruler
Bush bowing
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/...
Ike bowing
http://my2bucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/b...
even daddy bush
http://metabunk.org/data/attachments/1/1938-6...
Ya right...you did your research...how? YOU are Soooooo predictable
Exactly why, do you choose black obama over all of America?

You should go to Africa, they will appreciate your pro-black voice there. Remember, there are many races in America. Not everyone is black or, has the same idea of reality as blacks.

That's why white leaders are best - they keep all citizens in mind.
Black Obamas tend to work against other races.

Much like the black youth who are always in the news.

You are black - right?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19578
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson most certainly did....and I provided the links to back me up. Yet because he didn't say the exact phrase you try to split hairs. You are the one up to your eyeballs in shyt boy.
Now since you decided to take the typical texatard stance and debate like a spoiled brat, instead of like an adult I will treat you like a little brat, boy.
Find where he apologized yet boy?
Didn't think so
Europeans came to America to escape religious persecution and to found a christian nation. That's what the pilgrims were about.

We were Christian until 1960s, when blacks gained power. Then all went to hell.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19579
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way boy, John Adams also enforced the belief that America was not a Christian nation. that makes 2 founding father Presidents that said it.
"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries." John Adams Treaty of Tripoli.
Are you going to deny that one too, boy?
No, almost all founding fathers were Christian. Just that some held non-beliefs about Jesus. Like the Jews.

Probably explains why Jewery is in control, today.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19580
Aug 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ActuaIIy wrote:
Lets debunk another lie in this post:
<quoted text>
Fiction!
The constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act has been questioned by several courts in various states in the US since it was passed into law in March 21, 2010. According to an August 12, 2011 article in Reuters a U.S. Appeals Court for the 11th Circuit, based in Atlanta ruled that it was unconstitutional to require all Americans to buy insurance or face a penalty but it unanimously reversed a lower court decision that threw out the entire law.
Final say on the matter came from the Supreme Court which ruled in favor of it.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/su...
Also interesting, President Andrew Jackson violated a federal court ruling (Supreme Court) on Indian Removal. Making the claim Obama was the first a double lie.
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/andrewjackson/themes/...
So far none of these alleged first are factual.
Well, Obama has been hi-jacking the government since 2008.
So, he suceeded in forcing us to buy insurance, in spite of the law.

Seriously, why do you support Obama?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr fubar 17,838
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 8 hr Wow Wee 662
Soldier Jailed In Weekend Murder At Fort Hood (Sep '13) 14 hr noooo 52
Belton Man Charged with Sexually Assaulting a C... Tue Done Deal 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 512
Review: Excessive Performance (Mar '13) Aug 23 mad customer 4
•••
•••
Harker Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Harker Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Harker Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harker Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••