Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian ...

Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church

Posted in the Harker Heights Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Tammy

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2012
This church is extremely cult like and controlling. Stay away please
Susan

Savannah, GA

#2 Apr 1, 2013
Tammy wrote:
I am trying to find literature and/or information on this church's doctrines and beliefs and so far have found none. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Susan

Savannah, GA

#3 Apr 1, 2013
What are the doctrines of Assembly of Prayer Christian Church?
Joe

Boise, ID

#4 Jun 3, 2013
This group of people have talked my son into abandoning his mother and father and siblings as we are not believers in their God, My son is not allowed to come home and visit us we have never met our grandchildren or our daughter in law as we are people of sin to the church. This church is a cult, very controlling. RUN AWAY IF THEY APPROACH YOU!
help

Killeen, TX

#5 Jun 4, 2013
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am trying to find literature and/or information on this church's doctrines and beliefs and so far have found none. Can anyone help?
Thank you.
http://www.a-new-hope.org/hopcc-lies/ This should help
help

Killeen, TX

#6 Jun 4, 2013
Joe wrote:
This group of people have talked my son into abandoning his mother and father and siblings as we are not believers in their God, My son is not allowed to come home and visit us we have never met our grandchildren or our daughter in law as we are people of sin to the church. This church is a cult, very controlling. RUN AWAY IF THEY APPROACH YOU!
http://www.a-new-hope.org/hopcc-lies/ This should help
help

Killeen, TX

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Susan wrote:
What are the doctrines of Assembly of Prayer Christian Church?
They broke off from this church in 2004 and so they have the same doctrine but don't abide by it. I hope this helps.

http://www.myntcc.org/pages/belief-pages/doct...
Cult Blocker

Belton, TX

#8 Jul 3, 2013
Joe wrote:
Thank you. They have approached my daughter and her friend. Both went to their church. Both decided not to return. However, the church continues to stalk them. They have come to our home and her friends home and they continue to call them. The next time they show up at my home, I am going to tell them to cease stalking my daughter and if they continue I will report them to the police.
help

Killeen, TX

#9 Jul 3, 2013
Cult Blocker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. They have approached my daughter and her friend. Both went to their church. Both decided not to return. However, the church continues to stalk them. They have come to our home and her friends home and they continue to call them. The next time they show up at my home, I am going to tell them to cease stalking my daughter and if they continue I will report them to the police.
Ma'am you better just call the police and report them because they are not going to stop stalking your daughter and her friend. They will stop for a month or two and then they will call and stop by without notice. The only way they will stop is if you report them to the police and then the pastor will tell them to stop and they will listen to whatever he tells them to do.
Scorpion

Waco, TX

#10 Jul 6, 2013
Remind them of the Castle Doctrine.
help

Killeen, TX

#11 Jul 7, 2013
Scorpion wrote:
Remind them of the Castle Doctrine.
That Works Too..!!!!!
Concerned Relative

Eastaboga, AL

#12 Sep 10, 2013
This church has targeted two of my relative s and appears to have undue influence over their lives. The influence range from rejecting and disrespecting their family; no longer attending school; daily fellowship lasting until 2am with minors/ teenagers; and troubling behavior that borders on fraud and criminal (food stamp; welfare; and/or having unauthorized persons living in government housing). The pastor asks in a very secretive manner and appears to bully and shame his members from the pulpit....this organization is cult like and forces the young ladies to dress in a homely unkempt manner. What agency can cult like activities be reported to and how can the influence be broke? What is a family member's recourse?
Concerned

Harker Heights, TX

#13 Sep 26, 2013
Its A cult. My friends and I went and off the bat we knew it was a cult. From how everyone was dressed the woman had long hair either in a ponytail or a bun and wore long dresses. The church has a cult like atmosphere. And you are not allowed to interact with the opposite sex unless you are married. Thank God my friend and I have minds of our own and will not be returning back to that church ever again. Everyone is brain washed in that church/cult. And im glad that I did not leave my adress or phone number. Because they are harrasing my friend right now. Do not go to this church. If you are strong minded and can not be influenced go ahead and check it out but you will know and see that its a cult.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#18 Dec 13, 2013
This church is very evasive. They claim that the internet is evil and forbid their members to use it. They also don't watch TV because it's "evil". I doubt they listen to a radio or read the newspapers as well. They frown upon being photographed or videotaped.
The women wear long skirts, baggy blouses, no make up and their hair is always up on their head. They are forbidden to wear pants because members claim it causes men to lust if they can see a woman's contours. If men lust, it is the woman's fault.
This legalistic cult focuses on sin and "sin management" rather than encouraging a loving relationship with Christ. The members are tightly kept under control and are observed under watchful eyes. If a member tries to leave, they rush them and try to persuade them not to.
They play "cupid" by manipulative matchmaking of members.
Even if a member's family are born-again Christians, members are made to believe that their family isn't saved unless they are in one of their churches, or the same system of beliefs.
They teach that one could lose their salvation if they sin. Yet, who doesn't sin? Do they believe they don't sin? Ever? It's like saying if you aren't exactly like Jesus, then you will lose your salvation?
Members seem paranoid of sinning and will cut everyone or everything out of their life if it causes them to feel compromised or tempted to step out of their 'comfort zone' of being held together by their church member's watchful eyes that keep each other in tight check.
When a family member talks to one of the pastors, they tell you they aren't making your loved one stay away from you ... that it must be something between your loved one and you. Though a relationship with Christ is a journey of changes, maturing in the faith, and learning to overcome sin, little by little under God's forgiving grace and mercy, this church has subverted this truth and made it to be a "works" alone salvation that must be held onto with perpetual straining not to sin (which is impossible because we all have a lower nature (the flesh) that constantly fights us to have its own way. Apostle Paul talked about this as his dellemma:
"It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love to do God’s will so far as my new nature is concerned; but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. In my mind I want to be God’s willing servant, but instead I find myself still enslaved to sin.
So you see how it is: my new life tells me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh, what a terrible predicament I’m in! Who will free me from my slavery to this deadly lower nature? Thank God! It has been done[c] by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free!" Rom. 7:21-25
Paul was talking about what every Christian goes through We sin when we don't want to." And it's the> 'not wanting to' that God cares about. This controlling cult seems to have overlooked this. Pray for your loved one if they are in this cult, that the Lord would expose their wrongness and get them out of this church.
help1300

Lancaster, PA

#19 Dec 13, 2013
Lily2013 wrote:
This church is very evasive. They claim that the internet is evil and forbid their members to use it. They also don't watch TV because it's "evil". I doubt they listen to a radio or read the newspapers as well. They frown upon being photographed or videotaped.
The women wear long skirts, baggy blouses, no make up and their hair is always up on their head. They are forbidden to wear pants because members claim it causes men to lust if they can see a woman's contours. If men lust, it is the woman's fault.
This legalistic cult focuses on sin and "sin management" rather than encouraging a loving relationship with Christ. The members are tightly kept under control and are observed under watchful eyes. If a member tries to leave, they rush them and try to persuade them not to.
They play "cupid" by manipulative matchmaking of members.
Even if a member's family are born-again Christians, members are made to believe that their family isn't saved unless they are in one of their churches, or the same system of beliefs.
They teach that one could lose their salvation if they sin. Yet, who doesn't sin? Do they believe they don't sin? Ever? It's like saying if you aren't exactly like Jesus, then you will lose your salvation?
Members seem paranoid of sinning and will cut everyone or everything out of their life if it causes them to feel compromised or tempted to step out of their 'comfort zone' of being held together by their church member's watchful eyes that keep each other in tight check.
When a family member talks to one of the pastors, they tell you they aren't making your loved one stay away from you ... that it must be something between your loved one and you. Though a relationship with Christ is a journey of changes, maturing in the faith, and learning to overcome sin, little by little under God's forgiving grace and mercy, this church has subverted this truth and made it to be a "works" alone salvation that must be held onto with perpetual straining not to sin (which is impossible because we all have a lower nature (the flesh) that constantly fights us to have its own way. Apostle Paul talked about this as his dellemma:
"It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. I love to do God’s will so far as my new nature is concerned; but there is something else deep within me, in my lower nature, that is at war with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. In my mind I want to be God’s willing servant, but instead I find myself still enslaved to sin.
So you see how it is: my new life tells me to do right, but the old nature that is still inside me loves to sin. Oh, what a terrible predicament I’m in! Who will free me from my slavery to this deadly lower nature? Thank God! It has been done[c] by Jesus Christ our Lord. He has set me free!" Rom. 7:21-25
Paul was talking about what every Christian goes through We sin when we don't want to." And it's the> 'not wanting to' that God cares about. This controlling cult seems to have overlooked this. Pray for your loved one if they are in this cult, that the Lord would expose their wrongness and get them out of this church.
This site tells it all!
http://www.a-new-hope.org/HOPCC-lies

Location hidden

#20 Dec 13, 2013
Tammy wrote:
What have you discovered, Tammy?
stay away from this place

Hinesville, GA

#21 Dec 13, 2013
Wolves in sheeps clothing. Some of the members are good and really do want people to bbe saved, however the leaders and the pastors have complete control over their members. I was once a member and it is something I will regret for the rest of my life. If you dissagree with anything that is said or done you better keep qiete or risk being embarrassed in front of the whole church. That's pretty much how it goes. They will find just about any scripture to keep you in submission. I'm so glad we got out of there. Some of the members were total users. If you have the least bit of weakness or kindness, you are easy bate.

Location hidden

#22 Dec 13, 2013
stay away from this place wrote:
Wolves in sheeps clothing. Some of the members are good and really do want people to bbe saved, however the leaders and the pastors have complete control over their members. I was once a member and it is something I will regret for the rest of my life. If you disagree with anything that is said or done you better keep qiete or risk being embarrassed in front of the whole church. That's pretty much how it goes. They will find just about any scripture to keep you in submission. I'm so glad we got out of there. Some of the members were total users. If you have the least bit of weakness or kindness, you are easy bate.
Jim Jones Cult all over again
Concerned Mom

Covington, GA

#23 Dec 22, 2013
I decided to do a little research on this "church" after finding out that my son had gone several times. All I can find are forums like this, there is not a web page for this church. What I have read is really scary!! My son is in the Army and was approached by, i'm guessing, one of the preachers of the church in the parking lot of the Army base. He was invited to come to this "church" and decided he would go. Praise the Lord, he talked to me about his experience and I listened. When the prayer began in this church, he bowed his head. He was told that was wrong and he was to raise both of his arms in the air. Then they start chanting during the prayer. These people are very controlling!!! Since my son went the first time, they have been stalking him. They continue to call him to see if he is coming to church, if he doesn't answer, they will come to his barracks and knock on his door. This is not normal behavior for church preachers and staff. He should have never given them his number!!! They keep telling him they will pick him up. They will not leave him alone.I have told him not to go back and to tell them to leave him alone. We will see if they listen to him. If not, other measures will have to be taken to stop this.

Location hidden

#24 Dec 22, 2013
Concerned Mom wrote:
I decided to do a little research on this "church" after finding out that my son had gone several times. All I can find are forums like this, there is not a web page for this church. What I have read is really scary!! My son is in the Army and was approached by, i'm guessing, one of the preachers of the church in the parking lot of the Army base....
I'm so glad your son is not going to be involved. My son and I were very close until he was sucked into this cult a few years ago. It's the same as if he were kidnapped and brainwashed. My heart is broken and all I can do is pray for him, that God would deliver him out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for tiny male dachshund to breed with m... Jun 16 Orscrubtech 2
Muslim Control you, stupid American Beasts, All... Jun 15 Major Nadal Hassan 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Wounded Military Dating or Wounded Warriors Dating (May '10) Jun 9 Patriot4Life 13
News Temple woman masters china painting (Jul '08) Jun 1 Daughter 2
Roger Van Grisham May 31 Jennifer 2
Loud BOOM sound thats shaking my house??? (Nov '12) May '16 Porch Honkey 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages