Candidates file for city council, may...

Candidates file for city council, mayor seats

There are 13 comments on the Killeen Daily Herald story from Feb 12, 2008, titled Candidates file for city council, mayor seats. In it, Killeen Daily Herald reports that:

By Mason W. Canales, Kevin M. Smith and Joshua Winata Killeen Daily Herald Monday marked the first day of the filing period for those interested in filing city council seats and mayor positions in the May 10 ... via Killeen Daily Herald

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Killeen Daily Herald.

Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#1 Feb 12, 2008
The Killeen current Mayor and the Harker Heights current Mayor should not be re-elected. Watching those City Council meetings, I can see why the area is in the condition it is!
Qwerty Man

Uvalde, TX

#2 Feb 16, 2008
You are so mean. I can't believe you speak so about our public servants. Can't you just imagine them actually serving you? OOh, it makes my knees weak. I think of John McCain in a cell, I would join him too. These elections get me all worked up. Does CNN make you leak? Obama me right now!

Since: Jan 08

Copperas Cove TX

#3 Feb 21, 2008
I'm a McCain man,but Obama sounds pretty good. Obama scares me a little, even though we have checks and balances in our Government. Is he or isn't he a Muslim?
Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#4 Feb 21, 2008
In an impassioned interview, Michelle Obama, a 43-year-old Harvard lawyer, went far farther than her husband in stressing what his occupation of the White House would mean great things for African Americans.

"Some black folks think Barack won't win because white folks won't vote for Barack," she told MSNBC.
Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#5 Feb 21, 2008
Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, is under fire for leaving the impression that she hasn’t been proud of her country until now, when Democrats are beginning to rally around her husband’s campaign.

Speaking in Milwaukee, Wis., on Monday, she said,“People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the very first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.”
Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#6 Feb 28, 2008
Barack Hussein Osama! I must be having a night-mare! Unbelievable!

Copperas Cove TX

#7 Feb 29, 2008
Wow Obama MaMa Just think of all the make up phrases we could get if they get elected.
Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#8 Feb 29, 2008
The Drama with Obama is he has no creditability!

Copperas Cove TX

#9 Feb 29, 2008
If it weren't for his back ground and the way he puts racial things in some of his speeches, not putting his hand over his heart during the national anthem, not refusing to wear a flag pin and his wife's comment, I think I would vote for the guy.
Cove Resident

Waco, TX

#10 Mar 15, 2008
Hunto I agree with many of your comments on several blogs and forums. But please don't drink the kool aid on OBAMA! Modern day black Nazi and thats just what we see of him!!!!

Since: Dec 07

Waco, TX

#11 Mar 15, 2008
I think Obama is sunk now by his Pastor. With his sermons coming out into the public now, I see a major crash. I don't even see many black folks supporting that point of view.
Vote John McCain 2008

Killeen, TX

#13 Mar 21, 2008
Barack Hussein Osama's Pastor's comments!
Unbelievable!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye," Wright said. "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

In a 2003 sermon, he said blacks should condemn the United States.

"The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme."

He also gave a sermon in December comparing Obama to Jesus Christ, promoting his candidacy and playing down Clinton.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
VOTE JOHN MCCAIN 2008!
(from) "An American Soldier"

Since: Dec 07

Waco, TX

#14 Mar 21, 2008
I went to Obamas' web site and submitted my concerns over his relationship with the Reverand and also his speech. I got two emails back from his staff, both asked me to donate and did not even mention, my question let alone address my concern. In 2000, I was at Fort Gordon GA, and John McCain was having an event in Aiken SC, about a 20 minute or so drive, so I attended. After that, I went to Senator McCains website, submitted a question because he was not clear in what he said. About 3 days later, I got an email asking for a donation, BUT, it also answered my question. Huge damn difference for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for tiny male dachshund to breed with m... Jun 16 Orscrubtech 2
Muslim Control you, stupid American Beasts, All... Jun 15 Major Nadal Hassan 3
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Jun 13 Whit 111
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Wounded Military Dating or Wounded Warriors Dating (May '10) Jun 9 Patriot4Life 13
News Temple woman masters china painting (Jul '08) Jun 1 Daughter 2
Roger Van Grisham May 31 Jennifer 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages