Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fo...

Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fort Hood soldiers

There are 296 comments on the KCEN story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fort Hood soldiers. In it, KCEN reports that:

Updated: Oct 5, 2007 7:06pm Fort Hood has ordered soldiers to stay away from a Killeen nightclub for their own safety.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCEN.

Allergic to Ignorance

Apo, AE

#24 Oct 30, 2007
Steve your an Idiot, Go to Texas and talk that shit CPU Thug. If it wasnt for the military you wouldnt enjoy your right to vote or any other right for that matter stupid ass.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#25 Oct 30, 2007
Allergic to Ignorance wrote:
Steve your an Idiot, Go to Texas and talk that shit CPU Thug. If it wasnt for the military you wouldnt enjoy your right to vote or any other right for that matter stupid ass.
Yes I would, they even vote in Iran nowadays
RealDeal

United States

#26 Nov 1, 2007
Remember how thousands of people are dying, an entire country is ruined, families are destroyed and bush says hey they volunteered!>
My opinion

Waco, TX

#27 Nov 1, 2007
RealDeal wrote:
Remember how thousands of people are dying, an entire country is ruined, families are destroyed and bush says hey they volunteered!>
I thank God for our men and women fighting for our freedom. My brother did two tours. But what does that have to do with keeping the soldiers away from a bar known for drugs, gangs, fighting, etc.? If I had people working for me who I could tell weren't allowed there anymore, I sure as hell would ban it too.
are you kidding

Sandy, TX

#28 Nov 5, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay my taxes to keep you employed. Therefore, I am your employer. That said, shut the hell up, and go back to Iraq. I'm not paying you to go to clubs.
hi...you are quoting me here...you don't keep me employeed jack ass. I am a born and raised texan and work for a private employeer. I just happen to also be an AMERICAN!! I respect these soldiers and realize that this little town we live in would not exist without them!
are you kidding

Sandy, TX

#29 Nov 5, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
You are right though. If the soldiers left Killeen, and didn't go around Mound, their economies would collapse as they have nothing to offer the U.S. other than a bunch of rednecked Texans. How does it feel to know your town would die if the G.I.s left you on your own? I don;t have a military base within 100 miles of where I live.
If you don't live here? then why bother being a complete butt? are you a drama king??? lol

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#30 Nov 5, 2007
are you kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't live here? then why bother being a complete butt? are you a drama king??? lol
I used to live in that armpit you call killeen
Get back on the topic

United States

#31 Nov 14, 2007
Look...the whole idea of placing the club off limits was because of differences between military and civilian personnel. It's not about who's better...civilian or military. The club was placed off limits for a reason. It's not just one person's fault...it's both their faults in my opinion.
Doesn't anyone remember what happened back in 1998? Some female SPC who was a gang leader on Ft Hood who put out a hit on someone who worked at City Lights? Yeah...well a stray bullet ended up hitting a bouncer and killed him...someone that I personally knew. I was in Basic Training at the time. So it's just as much the military's fault as it is the civilians.
Problems in this community span over a number of years. I've lived here all my life...and I'm also stationed here at Ft Hood. It doesn't surprise me that this kind of shit happens. Hell...for a while, they put Hwy 195 off limits because too many people were having accidents coming back from Austin driving drunk...but who's fault is that?
Like I said...problems in this area have been going on for years...sometimes it gets better...sometimes it gets worse. The military is just as guilty as the civilian community when it comes to drugs, violence, etc. Hell...there are probably just as many meth labs on post as there are off post! I know this because there was a bust at our unit's barracks...soldiers making meth for civilian people they knew off post who were also making meth.
But seriously...it's only going to take a matter of time and cooperation before the club becomes open to military again. I can't tell you how much safety is a big issue with the Army. We serve 15 months in Iraq just to come back and get killed over some BS at a night club. I think that's just stupid. It's not like there's not any other clubs in the area that people can't go to.
Oh...btw...last I remembered, my boss's name wasn't Steve Berkshire. I work to do something above and beyond the regular civilian...so don't go tell me that you pay my paycheck because you don't. I pay taxes too. I get paid by Congress and the President because they are the ones who decide what my base pay will be...not you. Besides, money that we all pay in taxes go towards funding State and Federal programs so go pick on someone who's collecting on welfare with no job...being a mooch on our hard earned money while they sit at home doing nothing except collecting a check and living off hand-outs when they know very good and well that they can get off their lazy asses and get a job. That's who YOU'RE paying!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#32 Nov 15, 2007
Get back on the topic wrote:
Look...the whole idea of placing the club off limits was because of differences between military and civilian personnel. It's not about who's better...civilian or military. The club was placed off limits for a reason. It's not just one person's fault...it's both their faults in my opinion.
Doesn't anyone remember what happened back in 1998? Some female SPC who was a gang leader on Ft Hood who put out a hit on someone who worked at City Lights? Yeah...well a stray bullet ended up hitting a bouncer and killed him...someone that I personally knew. I was in Basic Training at the time. So it's just as much the military's fault as it is the civilians.
Problems in this community span over a number of years. I've lived here all my life...and I'm also stationed here at Ft Hood. It doesn't surprise me that this kind of shit happens. Hell...for a while, they put Hwy 195 off limits because too many people were having accidents coming back from Austin driving drunk...but who's fault is that?
Like I said...problems in this area have been going on for years...sometimes it gets better...sometimes it gets worse. The military is just as guilty as the civilian community when it comes to drugs, violence, etc. Hell...there are probably just as many meth labs on post as there are off post! I know this because there was a bust at our unit's barracks...soldiers making meth for civilian people they knew off post who were also making meth.
But seriously...it's only going to take a matter of time and cooperation before the club becomes open to military again. I can't tell you how much safety is a big issue with the Army. We serve 15 months in Iraq just to come back and get killed over some BS at a night club. I think that's just stupid. It's not like there's not any other clubs in the area that people can't go to.
Oh...btw...last I remembered, my boss's name wasn't Steve Berkshire. I work to do something above and beyond the regular civilian...so don't go tell me that you pay my paycheck because you don't. I pay taxes too. I get paid by Congress and the President because they are the ones who decide what my base pay will be...not you. Besides, money that we all pay in taxes go towards funding State and Federal programs so go pick on someone who's collecting on welfare with no job...being a mooch on our hard earned money while they sit at home doing nothing except collecting a check and living off hand-outs when they know very good and well that they can get off their lazy asses and get a job. That's who YOU'RE paying!
At EASE soldier boy, before I report you to your C.O., or beat your @ss myself.
Get back on the topic

United States

#33 Nov 16, 2007
Steve...don't tell me at ease...you have no jurisdiction to tell me what to do...My CO all the way up to my BC would probably beat your ass too.

And by the way...I've done training with Marines on martial arts (and have been practicing Tae Kwon Do since a young age)so don't get your ass embarrased when I come find you and your sorry ass drinking buddies find out that you got beat down by a woman!
ARMY WIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#34 Nov 16, 2007
ok i dont know if this topic is still open. BUT! THE CLUB IS SHUT DOWN NOW.... AND YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THESE BOYS JOIN THE ARMY FOR THE PAYCHECK, WHEN YOU GO FROM A SMALL TOWN WITH NOTHING TO A TOWN LIKE KILLEEN AND YOUR ALLOWED INTO THESE CLUBS AT 18 AND U CAN DRINK BECAUSE NO ONE PAYS ATTENTION, YOU DO IT... COME ON FOR MOST OF THESE BOYS THE ARMY IS THE ONLY JOB THEY HAVE EVER HAD IN THEIR LIFE.. AND TO THIS STEVE BERKSHIRE YOU DO PAY TAXES BUT YOU ARE NOT A SOLDIERS EMPLOYER AT ALL.. IF YOU WERE THEN YOU'D NOT BE ON HERE STARTING SHIT WITH EVERYONE... AND JUST BECAUSE WERE STATIONED IN TEXAS DOES NOT! MAKE US TEXANS THANK YOU VERY MUCH... NO OFFENSE TO PEOPLE FROM TEXAS BUT TO MOST OF US WERE HERE CUZ WE HAVE TO BE NOT CUZ WE WANT TO AND WE HATE IT HERE BECAUSE WE ARE THOUSANDS OF MILES FROM HOME....AND YOUR ALSO AN IGNORANT FUCK FOR TELLING THEM TO GO BACK TO IRAQ... ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO THAT IS FUCK YOU! AND I DARE YOU GET CAUGHT WITH A SOLDIERS WIFE CUZ IT WOULD BE THE LAST TIME YOU EVER DID... NOT ALL WIVES ARE LITTLE WHORES WHILE THEIR HUSBANDS ARE DEPLOYED ACTUALLY MOST OF US SIT BY THE PHONE DAY TO DAY WAITING FOR HIM TO CALL AND LET US KNOW HE IS OK AND STILL ALIVE..... SO WITH THAT SAID " IF YOU DONT STAND WITH OUR TROOPS STAND IN FRONT OF THEM" AND GOODBYE
ARMY WIFE

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Nov 16, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
<quoted text>
At EASE soldier boy, before I report you to your C.O., or beat your @ss myself.
ONE MORE THING.... WE MAKE IN A MONTH WHAT YOU PAY IN A YEAR FOR TAXES.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#36 Nov 16, 2007
ARMY WIFE wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE MORE THING.... WE MAKE IN A MONTH WHAT YOU PAY IN A YEAR FOR TAXES.
Damn!!! Ya'll are making THAT MUCH? I need to write my congressman.
it can

Temple, TX

#37 Nov 25, 2007
your a real ass steve but you know that already. dont you?

“Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.”

Since: Jul 07

Newark, New Jersey

#38 Nov 27, 2007
Polls Suck!
not a Texan

AOL

#39 Nov 30, 2007
Next time you go to Killeen/Heights/Cove . . . you will see by all the out of town plates . . we are not all Texans . . . Even those of us who paid that fee for the privilege of having Texas plates are not from here . . .
SteveBerkshiresA nus

United States

#40 Nov 30, 2007
Hey Steve, I notice how you think you know things about Killeen, about soldiers, and about the economy here but you say you live nowhere around here nor anywhere near a base. You seem like one of these armchair politicians who have an opinion about everything yet you never do anything about it. You, sir, are a waste. You stereotype people, you infringe your opinion on a topic you know nothing about, and you honestly sound as though you have been scorned.
I have a theory. You had a pretty wife. You travel for your wussy sales job. She craved other male companionship. It was some hot young soldier. She liked it, she liked it REAL good, she dumped you for the hot soldier guy. Your pride was hurt and your home was taken by your wife in the divorce and you are paying the mortgage on a house where some other guy lives. You've got to be that guy. Because no other idiot would write these things of which he has no idea about.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#41 Dec 1, 2007
SteveBerkshiresAnus wrote:
Hey Steve, I notice how you think you know things about Killeen, about soldiers, and about the economy here but you say you live nowhere around here nor anywhere near a base. You seem like one of these armchair politicians who have an opinion about everything yet you never do anything about it. You, sir, are a waste. You stereotype people, you infringe your opinion on a topic you know nothing about, and you honestly sound as though you have been scorned.
I have a theory. You had a pretty wife. You travel for your wussy sales job. She craved other male companionship. It was some hot young soldier. She liked it, she liked it REAL good, she dumped you for the hot soldier guy. Your pride was hurt and your home was taken by your wife in the divorce and you are paying the mortgage on a house where some other guy lives. You've got to be that guy. Because no other idiot would write these things of which he has no idea about.
Actually, my first wife was raped by a soldier when I was posted in Killeen. He raped her, beat her, and left her for dead inside our own home. That was in 1994. He ruined her, and even after 2 years of counseling, she was/is still messed up by the ordeal and has nothing to do with men. We divorced over 10 years ago, and yes, I currently have a very pretty wife. The town I live in has a population of 73k, and we had one murder last year.(DV that got out of control)

The thing with your type is that you go to nightclubs,(the clubbing type) get liquored up, and fight civilians because it's some kind of badge for ya'll. You despise civilians, and claim that you dread the day you have to become one, like we're lepers of some sort. I know many soldiers, and they are worried about retiring because of all the shit they've been fed about how it sucks to be a civilian, jobs are hard to find, we speak differently, we're lazy, etc. One of the guys I hired recently got out of the Army after 6 years because he was sick of it; he says he's never worked as hard in his life as he does with our company. It's not even hard work. Sounds to me like ya'll actually have it pretty easy in the Army. I've heard about the 24-hour duty...followed by the next day off. I've worked 16-18 hour days, for weeks on end to complete projects for customers...no time off...got paid overtime, and bonused though. However, you all volunteered for the crap you're in, so deal with it.

MOST (not all) of you can't make it in the civilian world, or society in general. You need someone to wake you up in the morning, inspect your uniform, and punish you for minor infractions to keep you straight. You're in another dimension; the one between civilian society, and prison. You're treated like prisoners in a cross between medium security, and minimum. We have prisons that emulate Army Boot Camp, for chrissakes. The ones of you that make it after the Army are the ones who have civilian friends, and blend in while out and about on the weekends. The ones that act like idiots are going to do laborer jobs when they get out, drink too much, beat their wives, and blame the military for their predicament.

Which type are you?
Glenn

Killeen, TX

#42 Dec 1, 2007
SteveBerkshiresAnus wrote:
Hey Steve, I notice how you think you know things about Killeen, about soldiers, and about the economy here but you say you live nowhere around here nor anywhere near a base. You seem like one of these armchair politicians who have an opinion about everything yet you never do anything about it. You, sir, are a waste. You stereotype people, you infringe your opinion on a topic you know nothing about, and you honestly sound as though you have been scorned.
I have a theory. You had a pretty wife. You travel for your wussy sales job. She craved other male companionship. It was some hot young soldier. She liked it, she liked it REAL good, she dumped you for the hot soldier guy. Your pride was hurt and your home was taken by your wife in the divorce and you are paying the mortgage on a house where some other guy lives. You've got to be that guy. Because no other idiot would write these things of which he has no idea about.
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#43 Dec 1, 2007
Glenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head!
You should learn to read, before commenting. Of course, you are from Texas, so I understand that they only teach that in college ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) 11 hr Honestly Honest 93
News Kempner Water takes treatment plant offline (Jul '10) Aug 26 ranchette 3
Debate: Nuclear Power - Kempner, TX (Apr '11) Aug 26 Kempner resident 3
Jadera Plus (Jan '15) Aug 20 carolyn scott 3
lesbain girl Aug 19 jahnya22 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages