Killeen nightclub outlawed for all Fort Hood soldiers

Full story: KCEN 295
Updated: Oct 5, 2007 7:06pm Fort Hood has ordered soldiers to stay away from a Killeen nightclub for their own safety. Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
daddy

Killeen, TX

#1 Oct 8, 2007
bout time what club isnext

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Oct 9, 2007
Poor little soldiers can't handle the big, bad, civilians? Off limits for their own safety?

What a joke

Since: Oct 07

Englewood, CO

#4 Oct 12, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
Poor little soldiers can't handle the big, bad, civilians? Off limits for their own safety?
What a joke
No...I think it has more to do with the civilian trash element that frequent this drug hole.

No need for good soldiers to get caught up in civilian trash, drug raids ect.

When I was stationed at Ft. Hood we regularly cleaned house in civilian bars.

But the civilian scum now days bring a whole new scourge with the Drug scene.

Since: Oct 07

Englewood, CO

#5 Oct 12, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
What a joke
Would you want your son or daughter going to this known drug establishment?

You probably don't care....guess the military cares more about its troops than you do about your own offspring?
You piss me off

Rhome, TX

#6 Oct 12, 2007
Steve Berkshire wrote:
What a joke
Well....since the club would not even survive without the soldiers....I don't think it will have to be off limits for long! Not only that but soldiers have a higher standard to live up to so yeah.....on their off time the don't have to handle big, bad, civilians.....you ever serve your country?
gomez

Waco, TX

#7 Oct 12, 2007
"Steve Berkshire" I hope you see this comment Jack ass!If it wasn't for "US" soldiers your punk ass civilian butt wouldn't be able to write your "free speech" comments. Remember, its us soldiers that go out there and fight for this country and earn medals while your punk ass sits in your chair making stupid comments. So be thankful that we don't have time to go and "mess with big bag lazy civilians cause we're too busy fighting a war.
My opinion

Waco, TX

#8 Oct 13, 2007
As a member of the local law enforcement community, I can say that it is BOTH the military AND civilians who are involved in the local drug and gang problems in the area. I deal with just as many soldiers as I do civilians. It's neither sides fault, but it is something that should be addressed by each side.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 21, 2007
Eddie Haskell wrote:
<quoted text>Would you want your son or daughter going to this known drug establishment?
You probably don't care....guess the military cares more about its troops than you do about your own offspring?
Who says I have any kids? I'm not like a soldier who starts making babies at 18yrs old. Those are usually the same little soldiers cry that they should be allowed to drink at 18, etc. Same little soldiers who think they're bulletproof after illegally ingesting large quatities of alcohol. Same soldiers that NEED all the rules the military imposes on them because they wouldn't MAKE IT on the outside otherwise.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 21, 2007
You piss me off wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....since the club would not even survive without the soldiers....I don't think it will have to be off limits for long! Not only that but soldiers have a higher standard to live up to so yeah.....on their off time the don't have to handle big, bad, civilians.....you ever serve your country?
I pay my taxes to keep you employed. Therefore, I am your employer. That said, shut the hell up, and go back to Iraq. I'm not paying you to go to clubs.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 21, 2007
My opinion wrote:
As a member of the local law enforcement community, I can say that it is BOTH the military AND civilians who are involved in the local drug and gang problems in the area. I deal with just as many soldiers as I do civilians. It's neither sides fault, but it is something that should be addressed by each side.
They haven't gotten all sanctimonious on you for saying that? I agree with you, btw... Bad apples everywhere.
ruth

Waco, TX

#14 Oct 21, 2007
You piss me off wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE IS THE DEAL. THERE ARE MOE DRUGS IN FORT HOOD THAN ANYWHERE IN KILLEEN. SOLDIERS COME TO KILLEEN AND BECAUSE IT IS NOT THEIR HOMETOWN THEY DESTROY KILLEEN WITHOUT CARE. THEONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CIVILIANS AND THE SOLDIERS IS THAT THE SOLDEIRS GET THE MESS THEY DO CLEANED UP BY THEIR CHAIN OF COMMAND. YOU HAVE SISSY 25-30 YEAR SOLDIERS CALLING THEIR NCIIC'S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT WITH STUPID CRAP THAT USUALLY GETS THEM ARRESTED. THIS INCLUDES SPOUSAL ABUSE, DUI'S, BARFIGHTS,DRUG CHARGES BEING AMONG THE TOP. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS "SERVING THEIR COUNTRY" DOESNT EXCLUDE THEM FROM THE MISBEHAVIOR. FORT HOOD SOLDIERS ARE USUALLY AMONG THE ONES-IF NOT THE MAJORITY- OF THE ONES GETTING CAUGHT IN DRUG AND PROSTITUTION RINGS(AT LEAST IN KILLEEN). BEFORE YOU WRITE SOMETHING AS STUPID AS WHAT YOU POSTED, CHECK YOUR FACTS. THE CLUB WAS PUT OFF LIMITS BECAUSE OF ISSUES WITH CIVILIANS AND MILITARY. LETS FACE IT, MOST SOLDIERA NOWADAYS ARE PEOPLE WHO COULDNT HARDLY HACK IT IN HIGH SCHOOL, MUCH LESS COLLEGE AND THINK THAT JOINING THE ONLY INSTITUTION THAT LETS THEM IN MEANS BEING HOLIER THAT US CIVILIANS BUT HERE IS THE NEWS, YOU GUYS ARE JUST AS HUMAN AS WE ARE IF NOT EVEN MORE FLAWED. MOST OF YOU MIGHT "SERVE YOUR COUNTRY" BUT "DISHONOR KILLEEN".
Father from New York

United States

#15 Oct 22, 2007
You all need to grow up, there's drive by's on base and drugs, just as much as in the bar. Army clean up your mess, and Kileen police clean up your mess.
RealityCheck

Killeen, TX

#16 Oct 22, 2007
When the military makes an establishment like this off-limits it has several things in mind. One is the safety of the soldiers, but also they are protecting their assests. If a soldier gets in trouble or is injured then that is a soldier that is out of commission. The military has limited resources and it is their job to protect those resources.
My opinion

Waco, TX

#17 Oct 22, 2007
I agree with you all Ruth, Father from NY, and RealityCheck. In other cities with high populations of hispanic, it appears as though Hispanics are the ones being targeted, or Asians, or Blacks, or in our case, the soldiers from Ft. Hood. Many of them are good people, other, as with any other group of people, not so good. I'm not taking blame off of the civilians, but we need to realize that this is a big problem and it needs to be dealt with on every side. "Can't we all just get along?"

Location hidden

#18 Oct 25, 2007
My opinion wrote:
I agree with you all Ruth, Father from NY, and RealityCheck. In other cities with high populations of hispanic, it appears as though Hispanics are the ones being targeted, or Asians, or Blacks, or in our case, the soldiers from Ft. Hood. Many of them are good people, other, as with any other group of people, not so good. I'm not taking blame off of the civilians, but we need to realize that this is a big problem and it needs to be dealt with on every side. "Can't we all just get along?"
Yes, and the "good" soldiers aren't the ones going to THAT particular club anyhow, and don't get hassled by the cops. The bad soldiers are the ones who are having their lifestyles infringed upon.
Steve Berkshire

United States

#19 Oct 27, 2007
I apologize to everyone for being a uninformed piece of civilian shit. I realize that soldiers too pay taxes and that if it wasn't for them being here that the local economy wouldn't be anything.. as a matter of fact, I couldn't hack basic training in the 80's and now I think I can talk about the Army like I've lived it.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 27, 2007
I'm not from Texas. Texas sucks.

Location hidden

#21 Oct 27, 2007
You are right though. If the soldiers left Killeen, and didn't go around Mound, their economies would collapse as they have nothing to offer the U.S. other than a bunch of rednecked Texans. How does it feel to know your town would die if the G.I.s left you on your own? I don;t have a military base within 100 miles of where I live.
My opinion

Waco, TX

#22 Oct 28, 2007
Steve, I hate to inform you but not all Texans are redneck.

Location hidden

#23 Oct 28, 2007
My opinion wrote:
Steve, I hate to inform you but not all Texans are redneck.
I know that. My wife is from Lubbock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
this town (Dec '10) Dec 15 nate9606 11
earn 3500 in your PayPal today Dec 13 Freakman_101 2
Fort Hood 1966 (Jan '12) Dec 13 PFC Dick Towner 5
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Dec 10 tammy 57
Judge: Ft. Hood suspect could be forcibly shaved (Jul '12) Dec 7 Native Texan 283
Darnall Army Hospital (Apr '10) Dec 4 oldtimer 11
Harker Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harker Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harker Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Dez Giving Cowboys Unstoppable Element for Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NFL 5:46 AM
Steve Smith expects criticism from couch QBs
Yahoo! Sports 7:08 AM
Christmas comes early for Cowboys fans (NFL in 90)
NFL 8:06 AM
Romo: Jerry Jones' top move was sticking with Garrett