Killeen apartment fire, 3 dead dozens...

Killeen apartment fire, 3 dead dozens homeless

Posted in the Harker Heights Forum

Since: Sep 12

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2012
I consider myself & my boys very fortunate in that we moved from the complex a week prior to the complex, which is the Deer Creek Apartments, not Casa Tejas, burning down. What an awful blow to all residents, as none of them could stand to lose what they lost & rebuilding is never easy...when you have verylittle to rebuild with. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you...some of the greatest neighbors I have ever had...& wish you all the best. My condelences to the families of the three who passed...cannot imagine your pain. And lastly I dohave to express that I am hoping and praying that the cause of this awful event WASN'T caused by a selfish, greedy act. I would hope that NO ONE would have put all the lives of the residents, old & young, in harms way to fulfill personal gratification/or feed a habit. If that was the case, Karma ain't nothing nice, & came quick & with a vengance. If it wasn't, I do apologize for thinking such a thing. Just expressing myself...
family member

Novi, MI

#2 Sep 28, 2012
jjenng wrote:
I consider myself & my boys very fortunate in that we moved from the complex a week prior to the complex, which is the Deer Creek Apartments, not Casa Tejas, burning down. What an awful blow to all residents, as none of them could stand to lose what they lost & rebuilding is never easy...when you have verylittle to rebuild with. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you...some of the greatest neighbors I have ever had...& wish you all the best. My condelences to the families of the three who passed...cannot imagine your pain. And lastly I dohave to express that I am hoping and praying that the cause of this awful event WASN'T caused by a selfish, greedy act. I would hope that NO ONE would have put all the lives of the residents, old & young, in harms way to fulfill personal gratification/or feed a habit. If that was the case, Karma ain't nothing nice, & came quick & with a vengance. If it wasn't, I do apologize for thinking such a thing. Just expressing myself...
Response - I wanted to take a quick minute to respond to your post because I'm a family member of one of the soldiers lost in that horrible fire. The fire is being investigated as we speak but I can say w/ confidence it wasn't due to a meth lab. Our nephew died in the apartment the fire is suspected to have started in. He was fast asleep and never knew what was coming. I do believe there is a reason for an investigation; I suspect someone started that fire for their own selfish reasons and I pray that justice is done for the lives that were lost and for all the people who lost their homes that horrible day.

Since: Sep 12

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2012
family member wrote:
<quoted text> Response - I wanted to take a quick minute to respond to your post because I'm a family member of one of the soldiers lost in that horrible fire. The fire is being investigated as we speak but I can say w/ confidence it wasn't due to a meth lab. Our nephew died in the apartment the fire is suspected to have started in. He was fast asleep and never knew what was coming. I do believe there is a reason for an investigation; I suspect someone started that fire for their own selfish reasons and I pray that justice is done for the lives that were lost and for all the people who lost their homes that horrible day.
I am sorry for your loss & do wish you, the family/ies, all the best. I am hoping that it wasn't intentionally set. The complex residents were somewhat close-knit & helped eachother out daily. To have someone come in & intentionally create havoc & put the residents out of their homes & is unthinkable....and sick. I do hope the investigation is completed soon as to put to rest all the questions & suspicions that we all may have.
hrocky

Decatur, AL

#4 Oct 22, 2012
Haves there been an anser? I knew that girl in that died and I think she's did it.
jjenng

Salt Lake City, UT

#5 Oct 25, 2012
hrocky wrote:
Haves there been an anser? I knew that girl in that died and I think she's did it.
Why do you say that? And I've been wondering when they are going to let the public know results of the investigation... but nothing yet.
John Wolter

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#6 Oct 31, 2012
hrocky wrote:
Haves there been an anser? I knew that girl in that died and I think she's did it.

Why would you say that? I happen to know her and Seth, and they were happy people. She would never do anything like that. She was a happy loving bartender, and a DAMN good friend.She would've had no motive.
hrocky

Decatur, AL

#7 Apr 2, 2013
caz she is my cuzzin and her mom an sis tole me dat she did it
ReneeS

College Station, TX

#8 Apr 23, 2013
The cause was undetermined. They don't know if it was intentional or accidental but did not find evidence of it being intentional.'The girl' you are talking about is family and her mother or either sister had ever said such thing! Her name is Kristy and lived and loved life, left behind young children and had her daughter with her that night. She would never of put her daughter in danger or any other person ever. Trajic loss for so many people there's no need to speculate or point fingers if you don't know the truth
ladybug

Birmingham, AL

#9 Aug 16, 2013
ReneeS wrote:
The cause was undetermined. They don't know if it was intentional or accidental but did not find evidence of it being intentional.'The girl' you are talking about is family and her mother or either sister had ever said such thing! Her name is Kristy and lived and loved life, left behind young children and had her daughter with her that night. She would never of put her daughter in danger or any other person ever. Trajic loss for so many people there's no need to speculate or point fingers if you don't know the truth
Kristy was my ex sister-in-law. I will never believe she did something like that. She just wasn't that type of person.
JDLM

Delaware, OH

#10 Sep 14, 2014
ReneeS wrote:
The cause was undetermined. They don't know if it was intentional or accidental but did not find evidence of it being intentional.'The girl' you are talking about is family and her mother or either sister had ever said such thing! Her name is Kristy and lived and loved life, left behind young children and had her daughter with her that night. She would never of put her daughter in danger or any other person ever. Trajic loss for so many people there's no need to speculate or point fingers if you don't know the truth
Was the cause ever determined on this case ?
anonymous

United States

#11 Mar 1, 2015
hrocky wrote:
caz she is my cuzzin and her mom an sis tole me dat she did it
Is this true that u think she did it... Or that I was said she did.. I need to know please.. Its been 3 years of not knowing please respond.. And tell the truth... It would sleep at night... Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roger Van Grisham (May '16) Sun Mike 3
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Jul 20 SmokinJoe 46
16th Engineer Battalion "Catamounts" (May '09) Jul 18 SmokinJoe 6
Unfaithful Spouses (Sep '15) Jul 12 Anon 6
1st 13th Armor Battalion, 1st AD (May '09) Jul 10 Spec 5 Kenneth Lyons 10
Lake Tragedy Suspect Jul 10 Wondering 1
Pedifile Amongst You Jul 9 Anon 2

Harker Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages