Dayna Lewis

Istanbul, Turkey

#1 Jul 6, 2011
OMG how this brings back memories. I waited tables at the BlueBonnet Cafe.....met so many soldiers getting ready to go off to Vietnam We were all so young :-)
Lt Dan

Hillsdale, NJ

#2 Jul 13, 2011
We probably knew each other Dayna, the BlueBonnet Cafe was a peaceful escape from military life.
Bob

New Baltimore, MI

#3 Dec 5, 2011
I was there 1962 63 64
vet

United States

#4 Feb 7, 2012
I was at this hell hole in 66-67. Pawn shops, loan company's pinball arcades etc. Rip off the solders.
cecil

Greensburg, KY

#5 Feb 11, 2012
I was there 1966 with aco 589th eng.had a lot good pals.
Jayar

Bronx, NY

#6 Feb 12, 2012
cecil wrote:
I was there 1966 with aco 589th eng.had a lot good pals.
1966-1968 16th Engr. Bn. 1st AD
Donald Price

Wellsville, NY

#7 Mar 23, 2012
cecil wrote:
I was there 1966 with aco 589th eng.had a lot good pals.
Iwas also there in 1966 and 67 with the 123rd maint.
Smokin Joe

Bronx, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2012
vet wrote:
I was at this hell hole in 66-67. Pawn shops, loan company's pinball arcades etc. Rip off the solders.
What unit were you with? I was there the same two years.
Ron Kidder Maine

Bangor, ME

#9 Jul 16, 2013
I took basic training with Old Ironsides here Jan-Apr. 1966. Had M.P. training here with The 720th Military Police Battalion before we shipped out to Vietnam Oct.1, 1966. I would love to go back and see the changes at Fort Hood and Killeen. Knew the Gatewood family back then. Nice People...
Jayar

Bronx, NY

#11 Jul 26, 2013
Ron Kidder Maine wrote:
I took basic training with Old Ironsides here Jan-Apr. 1966. Had M.P. training here with The 720th Military Police Battalion before we shipped out to Vietnam Oct.1, 1966. I would love to go back and see the changes at Fort Hood and Killeen. Knew the Gatewood family back then. Nice People...
Do you remember the snow we had during basic on 22 Feb 1966?

http://weatherspark.com/history/30487/1966/Ki...
Ron Kidder

Lyme, NH

#12 Aug 19, 2013
Jayar wrote: Do you remember the snow we had during basic on 22 Feb 1966?
I sure do! My platoon Sgt., Mendosa accused me of bringing it from Maine. Therefore I had to shovel and chip ice on the walkways early that morning. It was all melted by noon, if I remember correctly.
Minangkabau

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Sep 19, 2013
Memories flood back. I was there 1966, 1967 in 57th Signal Battalion
ray k

Springfield, NJ

#14 Mar 24, 2014
I wss there 1967 returned from the Nam..Blue Bonnet cafe...any picks?
ray k

Springfield, NJ

#15 Mar 24, 2014
I was there 1967..returned from the NAM..went to the Blue Bonnet daily. Anyone have any picks?
Smokin Joe

Ronkonkoma, NY

#16 Mar 24, 2014
vet wrote:
I was at this hell hole in 66-67. Pawn shops, loan company's pinball arcades etc. Rip off the solders.
Merica...

http://merica-for-mericans.tumblr.com/
Karl Schroeder

Bethany, OK

#17 Mar 30, 2016
Dayna Lewis wrote:
OMG how this brings back memories. I waited tables at the BlueBonnet Cafe.....met so many soldiers getting ready to go off to Vietnam We were all so young :-)
Hi Dayna, I'm quite sure you waited on me. I was 16 installing carpet through the area and my dad retired from Ft Hood in 66
barbee0913

Carpentersville, IL

#18 Mar 26, 2017
Dayna Lewis wrote:
OMG how this brings back memories. I waited tables at the BlueBonnet Cafe.....met so many soldiers getting ready to go off to Vietnam We were all so young :-)
Do you remember a waitress whose name was Nancy around the year 1965?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) 9 hr Compassion 278
Loud BOOM sound thats shaking my house??? (Nov '12) Jun 17 Moody Texas 25
Review: Eastgate Ridge Apartments (Jan '11) Jun 16 Veteran 15
Old Hospital, Ft. Hood (Nov '11) Jun 16 SmokinJoe 8
Briana Shannon HSV2 Golden Corral Jun 13 Gabe 5
Any Cougars or milfs want company tonight? (Jan '16) Jun 13 Mryoungblood 4
Female Correction Officer died on Friday. Jun 11 Citizen 1

Harker Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages