Soldier killed by Texas police in SUV dragging

Full story: The Associated Press

Authorities say a Fort Hood soldier at the wheel of an SUV has been shot and killed by a Texas police officer who was being dragged along by the vehicle.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
undisclosed

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

Donnie Reed wrote:
thats som bull shit they had no weapons that puck ass officer had no reason to shot him his a punk ass bitch for that
He had every right to shot him he was being dragged at a high rate of speed. A suv is a weapon
noname

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

he had alot of friends and we all miss him he was a good soldier
noname

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

it just wasnt his time to die just yet that officer hurted not just him but alot of people he could of just let him drive away now he wont be able to breath eat talk sleep and wake up to the nice morning sun we miss you so much galloway now you are in gods hand we love you
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

It, obviously, was his time to die! How was he going to let him drive away when he was being drug by the SUV? I expect nothing less from the punk ass society that associates with people like the driver of that SUV though.

Donnie: They had no weapons?! Tell ya what tough guy...you hang from my car and I'll drag you around a parking lot full of parked cars and buildings. When I'm done, if you can talk, tell me how scared you were and how much of a weapon my car is.

That Officer had a decision to make that night. Kill or be killed. I think that anyone in that some situation would chose to live. He did...the other guy lost. Lesson learned? Don't run from the Police? When an Officer wants to talk to you just talk to him...then go on about your business. They have guns and are trained to use them. Apparently they're trained well. It was a stupid move on the drivers part. He paid the ultimate price and that's a shame...but all he had to do was stop and he would have lived to talk about it another day.
Tongia

Harker Heights, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

My thing is why didn't the cop let go when he heard the guy crank of the SUV?

That is sad.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

I guess you just read what's on here and take it for the gospel truth. Read this news article and you will see that it says the officers arms were pinned and he couldn't get free. How come nobody asks the question as to why the piece of shit drove off knowing an Officer was hanging out of his car???

I'm sure that Officer didn't go to work that night wanting to get drug around by an SUV or take someone's life. This Officer may have a family of his own, a kid, a wife...who knows. Would it have been ok if he did nothing and got severed in half when this piece of shit decided to run him into another car? Grow up.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/41624957.h...

Paste that link into your browser and read that article. Read the one on Waco's news site...read the one on KCENTV.COM . What is sad is that you are so shallow that you think a Police Officer just took someone's life for no reason. What's sad is that nobody has said anything about the trauma that Officer went through that night when he was simply going to work, just like the rest of us do everyday, to pay his bills, and he ends up getting drug around by some thug that clearly had no respect for human life, authority or the Law himself, as demonstrated by his actions.
That is sad.

It is a shame that he had to lose his life due to his own lack of good decision making abilities, but he caused his own death.
Close Friend Of Jarvis

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

honestly the cop should have never fired to KILL...shoot the tires but not the body...Jarvis was a close friend of mine since way back when he was in germany...he had 3 lil babies that loved their father, and every night there gonna wanna know where daddy's at?? no gun in the vehicle, y shoot??...
BpN
get real

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Donnie Reed wrote:
thats som bull shit they had no weapons that puck ass officer had no reason to shot him his a punk ass bitch for that
dumb as shouldn't have been runing from the law he must had something to hide.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Think about this bro. You're running after a guy...he jumps into a vehicle. You grab him and try to pull him out...others inside the vehicle are trying to pull him in (according to the news). The vehicle is traveling through a parking lot, who knows how fast, and you know that you could die at any minute. You are able to get your gun and you shoot. Desperate to stop the vehicle. This all happens in a matter of seconds!!!

It's easy to sit around and say what the quarterback should've done on Monday morning, after the game on Sunday. But be in the pocket...make those decisions in a split second...the ones that your LIFE depends on. Then...and only then...can you say what he should've done.

Do you watch COPS? How many times has a blown tire stopped a vehicle? Did he have the oppurtunity to shoot the tires? Nobody knows the position of the officer. It says his arms were pinned so I'm assuming that his movement was limited.

It is a shame that Jarvis had to die but I stand firm on the fact that all he had to do was STOP! Stop the damn vehicle, don't drag a Police Officer and you'll live. Even if this wasn't a Police Officer...if this was a normal citizen that he was dragging and putting their life in danger...the same could've happened.

What reason would Jarvis, if that's even the guys name, have to drag a Police Officer...or anyone?? What kind of person was he really? You claim to have known him. Is that the person you knew? The type of person that would drag another human being around a parking lot with a vehicle? If so...maybe you need to choose your friends a little better.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

One more thing...Cops always fire to kill. That's how they train. Everyone knows that. Warning shots are only in the movies.

Since: Sep 08

Belton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

I agree with "My2cents". The SUV was a weapon. We're not talking about a little Hyundai (would be deadly as well!!!), we are talking about a full size 4500 lbs (that is 4,500 pounds for those of you that can't speak the english language-YO)! What do SUV's carry? Cargo, kids, thugs, you name it. I wasn't there and I have no idea what happened. All I know, being a native TEXAN, and DAMN PROUD OF IT, you mess with me, I'll shoot your ass. It sucks a man died. I am sorry. I have lost friends I have fought and cried with in war and they have come home to death by motorcycle. It really is unfortunate. But like my2cents said, if that officer said stop-freaking stop. If you have nothing to hide, why run? I have been tangled with Police before and some are real rude, I'll give you that. But all of them do a job none of us want to do. They work crazy hours, deal with everyone on their worst day and take crap like this from people who have no idea what the heck happened. I'm just impressed some people can even log on to a darn computer the way they type and verbage (words) they use. Makes me think they're not smart enough to see through the news BS and think something bad may have really happened to cause that officer to take a life of a young man. I've been to war-you never put your pants on and sling your rifle planning on using it. You always planned on NOT using it, and using everything in your power to not take the life of another. I see others do not see that concept. My condolences go to the family and my heart goes out to that specific officer, Killeen PD and all you other sorry individuals who have not been there, will never be there, and could not ever understand the meaning of THIN BLUE LINE. Thank God I work construction.

Belton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

To you "Close Friend of Jarvis"-I'm sorry for your loss. Being thousands of miles away, you could not judge this incident. Shoot the tires-give me a break, dude. You're obviously a Soldier and understand DEAD CENTER MASS!! It sucks, but as soldiers we were trained the same technique. I glad no one else was injured. Talk to Jarvis' kids. Tell them what they need to hear. But don't put that on that officer!!! You weren't there, you have no idea what happened. I wasn't either. I was drinking a cold thinking of how much water I need by my bed the next day not to have a hangover-that is it. I'm sure if you were there by his side, you could be a better judge. YOU WEREN'T!!! Let it go. No sense and dragging this out. A man died, your friend, again sorry. Don't think this was a one sided incident. It takes two to tango, to procreate, and fight. A man won and a man lost. Plain and simple.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Everyone keeps saying that there was no weapons in the vehicle. How the hell do you know that? I've read just about every news article out there on this and not one of them say what was or was not in the vehicle.

Furthermore...how was that Officer supposed to know what was or was not in that vehicle? I don't think the presence of a firearm, other than the cops, is even important. The SUV was the opposing weapon in this situation.

I understand that those of you who knew the kid that died are upset, mad and want to blame everyone but him. But damn...c'mon...be realistic. He caused his own death. When I was growing up doing things like that to Police Officers was not acceptable. These days it seems that cops are challenged more and more by those that think they're above the law or that they don't have to respect the law. Where does that attitude come from? Ignorance...that's all it is...pure, unadulterated ignornace and nothing more.

Our Momma's used to whoop us. The Police will put you in jail IF you're wrong. Running, attacking or anything else along those lines, against anyone representing the law is just wrong. Did you attack your Momma? It all comes down to respect. You either have some or you don't.

I said earlier that the cop, I'm sure, did not go to work that night expecting or wanting to be drug around a parking lot by a vehicle (regardless of who was driving it) nor did he expect to have to take someone's life, regardless of who that was, I'm sure.

I feel sorry for the Officer that has to walk around the rest of his days knowing that he had to kill someone because they didn't have the common decency, respect (for life in general), or enough raw sense, to not drag him around a parking lot and try to kill him.

I can tell you this: If someone tries to kill me...I'm definitely gonna try to be the one that is still breathing in the end. Wouldn't you?

Belton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

People say there wasn't even a weapon in the car. I have harped on that enough, but in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS, the Castle Law affords you the right to carry a weapon (pistol) in your vehicle now. I have read all of the news reports and nothing is said about a weapon being found/not found. I am just curious, how would you know there was a weapon in the vehicle if you weren't there? I am perplexed (confused for the short-worded-non-literates here) to think some people shoot off at the mouth. I was taught along time ago, lead with your equipment, NOT YOUR MOUTH!!! That officer did as he was trained. If you are going to mad at anyone, be mad at the people who taught this young man to make poor decisions. I'm sure this guy is not replaceable, but use this incident to reflect on what put him where he ended up-POOR DECISIONS.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Ya know what...about 2 weeks ago a soldier was in the news for trying to kick in some lady's door...and she shot him. Soldiers are in the news all the time for things less than honorable.

What is the Ft. HOOD LEADERSHIP doing?!?!?!

There used to be a time when Soldiers were honorable and stood for all that was good. What happened to our Soldiers? Only the leadership can be blamed for this.

There used to be a time when the Police could count on a Soldier to help them out if they were in trouble...those days are long gone and have been well before Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) even started.

Where is the Leadership?!

Maybe...they are just as corrupt. Sure seems that way.
Sarah

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

You expect soldiers to be honorable nowadays? Few and far between imo. The government hires anyone that will do their dirty work and say it's "For Freedom." What do you expect... our own government is full of tax cheating crooks and wanting to take over our economy and use it for their benefit. American has went down the drain and so have a lot of the soldiers.
My 2 cents wrote:
Ya know what...about 2 weeks ago a soldier was in the news for trying to kick in some lady's door...and she shot him. Soldiers are in the news all the time for things less than honorable.
What is the Ft. HOOD LEADERSHIP doing?!?!?!
There used to be a time when Soldiers were honorable and stood for all that was good. What happened to our Soldiers? Only the leadership can be blamed for this.
There used to be a time when the Police could count on a Soldier to help them out if they were in trouble...those days are long gone and have been well before Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) even started.
Where is the Leadership?!
Maybe...they are just as corrupt. Sure seems that way.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Well...my problem lies with the Leadership of Fort Hood. They need to pull their head out!!!!
enough already

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

i was at starlite thatg ight and to tell you the truth, there were alot more lives at stake that night than just the officer and the soldier. what about all the people on the steps of starlite? what about all the customers from tatu's? what about all the employees of these clubs that all they wanted to do that night was to earn a paycheck for there 3 kids? did this soldier think about them? i am a soldier myself and this guy sure as hell didnt use any one of his army values. just like in iraq, if someone shows hostgile intent, you shoot to kill, not to wound.
STEPHANIE B

Centreville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

i know yall muthafuckaz betta stop talking down on a person yall didnt know...Jarvis was a great person and he did not deserve to be shot PIGZ STILL HAVENT CHANGED..THAT OFFICER SHOULD BE DEAD AS WELL!!!!
My 2 cents wrote:
It, obviously, was his time to die! How was he going to let him drive away when he was being drug by the SUV? I expect nothing less from the punk ass society that associates with people like the driver of that SUV though.
Donnie: They had no weapons?! Tell ya what tough guy...you hang from my car and I'll drag you around a parking lot full of parked cars and buildings. When I'm done, if you can talk, tell me how scared you were and how much of a weapon my car is.
That Officer had a decision to make that night. Kill or be killed. I think that anyone in that some situation would chose to live. He did...the other guy lost. Lesson learned? Don't run from the Police? When an Officer wants to talk to you just talk to him...then go on about your business. They have guns and are trained to use them. Apparently they're trained well. It was a stupid move on the drivers part. He paid the ultimate price and that's a shame...but all he had to do was stop and he would have lived to talk about it another day.
My 2 cents

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Stephanie: Shut the hell up. You said pigz still haven't changed...guess what...neither have the thugs!! When the thugs change than the cops will. Cops deal with all kinds of people every day and they have to deal with all of them differently. Thugs treat everyone like shit. So..he's dead. The cop is alive. Any questions? Grow up.
STEPHANIE B wrote:
i know yall muthafuckaz betta stop talking down on a person yall didnt know...Jarvis was a great person and he did not deserve to be shot PIGZ STILL HAVENT CHANGED..THAT OFFICER SHOULD BE DEAD AS WELL!!!!
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of112
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Harker Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••