York teen committed suicide after bei...

York teen committed suicide after being bullied at school, mom says

There are 46 comments on the WTKR story from Jun 2, 2010, titled York teen committed suicide after being bullied at school, mom says. In it, WTKR reports that:

"All I remember is looking into my son's eyes, because he had the most beautiful blue eyes, and he was staring and he was cold," said Alise Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
clh

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
This is a shame and it's an outrage that the school ignored it, the police want to ignore it. There should be some type of legal recourse that this mother can take against the punk that was doing the bullying although there most likely is not....but there should be.
He needs his a$$ kicked good.
Its time

Norfolk, VA

#2 Jun 2, 2010
for our public school system to enforce the zero tolerance policy for bullying, name calling... This behavior has become so vicious as to cause suicide in those who are being bullied. It's time to revise our educational approach to something resembling military school - our kids need to be taught manners, self respect as well as respect for all others, bring on the uniforms and anything else that will eliminate differences in the classromm - require all children to wear the same shoes and uniforms and carry the same school supplies so everyone is on a level playing field - I would also eliminate the co-ed school - all boys and all girls schools could further eliminate competition for atention from the opposite sex and therefore the problems that come with it. Yes I do believe in freedom of speech and expression, but not at the expense of our children - School needs to be a place to learn and not the social meeting place it has become. Lets make the rules stronger and teach tolerance for differences to our children. For those who don't learn and bully - lets kick them out of school and require the parents and the child to attend classes on what behavior is expected and hold them accountable for it. They of course will have to pay for their behavioral education. It's amazing how fast changes happen once you start to take the money.
Spike

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jun 2, 2010
Dare I say that we need prayer and the Pledge Of Allegiance in school? Also, I went to a coed school, we called each other names, and we even got in fist fights, but that's how we learned to adapt to adversity.(Of course, having your knuckles whacked with a ruler by the teacher or having your parents called worked wonders too).
Pat

Portsmouth, VA

#4 Jun 2, 2010
Sometimes fighting is the way to go. Ignoring it makes it worse.
Long gone

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Jun 2, 2010
School is no longer for learning-it is a place of 'daycare' and memorization so a test can be passed so the school can get accrediation. No child left behind as long as they can memorize the answers to the test. Nothing fun, nothing educational, nothing left. Lets not prepare our kids for the future-lets just say pass this and you get to move on. Its all a joke. Teachers do not 'teach' any more-the force sol answers down the throats of these kids. And they are our future...And these guys in office want this?
Danny

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jun 2, 2010
That is so sad..How do people that young make such a drastic decision to put a permament solution to a temporary problem. Sorry for yalls loss.
rae

Hampton, VA

#7 Jun 2, 2010
whoever this bully is , he needs to be known to the public!!! HIS FACE UP ON THE SCREEN?AND IN THE NEWSPAPERS ASAP
mack

Yorktown, VA

#8 Jun 2, 2010
would lo ve to know this animals name
greg

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Jun 2, 2010
so, whats the name of the little fu%#er at school that thinks he's such a badass?
Grafton VA

Yorktown, VA

#11 Jun 2, 2010
It is not so much about getting even with the bully who makes life miserable (kids will be kids), we all know from our own experience that this is part of life people have to deal with in some stage of life.It's the point that the harrassment obviously went a step too far and the school officials neglected to pick up on this even after being notified about what was going on. They failed to act accordingly against the bully(suspend the student or even question him)which in my eyes is very alarming. This could have prevented the so very tragic suicide. My condonences to the family. I have a son visiting Grafton High so it hit home even more so...
really

Newport News, VA

#12 Jun 2, 2010
This piece of poop who bullied this child should rot in hell and I hope for the next 12 days that the kids at Grafton High School treat him like the poop ball he really is. As for the staff at Grafton High School, if my kid went to your school I would be first in line demanding your termination.
Thomas Escarsega

Yorktown, VA

#13 Jun 2, 2010
I know that young man that hung himself. I am familiar with many of the mean jerks that attend Grafton High School in Yorktown, Virginia. I go to class with many of them. grafton highschool shows no grounds on what they follow or enforce. I wittnessed many times defiance against teachers and no remorse for wrong actions. Punishment is not enough for my fellow students. A new school system should be put into place. Knowing that this young man's girlfriend is a close friend of mine, it makes me sad that she had to lose a loved one to a mean person's Sadistic ways. I am a student at Grafton Highschool. I know what goes on at Grafton High School. The School does nothing for the students in need of help.
Sonya Bishop

Killeen, TX

#14 Jun 2, 2010
I was very blessed to have known Christian. He and my daughter was "puppy love" while he lived in Texas. I would pick him up and take him to the mall with my daughter. He was such a great kid and had big dreams!

He will be truly missed! I pray that the people that pushed him to this will be punished and prevented from causing more teens to this drastic level.

God Bless the family and RIP Christain!!
With Love, The Bishop Family
Free America

Virginia Beach, VA

#15 Jun 2, 2010
I got bullied by 3 punks in 4th grade. I was once hog tied, beaten and kicked. That summer I walked up to one real nice and beat the living snot out of him. The second one, I watched when he took the trash out. One evening I was hiding behind the garage and as he came out, I tooka 2x4 along his shoulder blades and laid his ńss out. The 3rd one (a USAF brat) got tranferred before I caught up with him. From 5th grade on the other two steered clear of me. Bullies basically cowards anyway. I hope that piece of human trash has nightmares over this.
hmm

Norfolk, VA

#16 Jun 2, 2010
I hope that the York County Sheriffs Department has the guts to treat this as a hate crime. I also can't wait to hear that the counselors and administrators at Grafton High School are unemployed.
RIP Christian

Great Falls, MT

#17 Jun 2, 2010
I send my heartfelt condolences to Christian's family. I will be praying for you all. May God Bless you all in your time of sorrow.
Katie King

Yorktown, VA

#18 Jun 2, 2010
hmm wrote:
I hope that the York County Sheriffs Department has the guts to treat this as a hate crime. I also can't wait to hear that the counselors and administrators at Grafton High School are unemployed.
It wasn't the counselors, and as of now it is not public as to which administrator denied help to Christian and his mother.
I doubt

Chesapeake, VA

#19 Jun 3, 2010
I would doubt that just being bullied was to complete cause of this suicide. There has got to be more issues that were going on in this young mans life that led him down this path.
Christy

Lexington Park, MD

#20 Jun 3, 2010
I do believe that if bullies were charged with "Hate Crimes" (no matter what age they are) that these situations would start to diminish. Bullies go back as far as time, and harsh punishments seem to be the only way to deter this behavior. To the family, I'm sorry for your loss.
Spike

Chesapeake, VA

#21 Jun 3, 2010
Christy wrote:
I do believe that if bullies were charged with "Hate Crimes" (no matter what age they are) that these situations would start to diminish. Bullies go back as far as time, and harsh punishments seem to be the only way to deter this behavior. To the family, I'm sorry for your loss.
Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this one. The term "Hate Crime" has gone to far. This wasn't a "hate crime," is was some high school kid that thought the only way for him/her to get attention was to be the BADASS, and for the rest of his/her life they will have to deal with it.
As for the suicide, I feel for the parents, I cannot imagine anything worse than losing a child, but I have to agree with another blogger that there has to be more to the story. I don't know if Politically Correct and Kinder Gentler have caused this issue, but kids no longer have the ability to cope with adversity. I don't remember anybody in school committing suicide at all, and we ALL picked on each other. But, when I went to school, you didn't get trophies for "participating," you had to WIN to get one. Winning is easy, learning how to lose is tough, and learning how to cope with failure is an invaluable lesson in life.
And again, I'm not trying to sound cold or hateful, and I truely feel sorry for the parents, and hope that they make it through this. God Bless them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kempner Water takes treatment plant offline (Jul '10) Aug 26 ranchette 3
Debate: Nuclear Power - Kempner, TX (Apr '11) Aug 26 Kempner resident 3
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Aug 21 The truth 92
Jadera Plus (Jan '15) Aug 20 carolyn scott 3
lesbain girl Aug 19 jahnya22 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages