Dollar General Murders........any new news?

Posted in the Harker Heights Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christina

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2007
Ok so I live in one of the neighborhoods that is near the Dollar General where the two women were murdered July 4th......we drove by with the intention of shopping there that morning just about 2 hours after they found the bodies....I am deeply upset in the lack of news coverage on this (believe me I have no desire to hear anymore about messed up athletes and celebrities)....is KPD just fowling this all up or do people truly not care? I don't fear a mass murderer is in the neighborhood.....what I do fear is that these lovely women who i had on many occasions told to have a great day and wish now that I would have taken a little more time to talk to....I fear they are gone and will be forgotten by everyone but their families and the murderer......please if you have any news (other than the lame "person of interest but not suspect") post it....these people deserve justice in the biggest way and there is no way you can lead me to believe that there is nothing to be worked on to find this vicious killer!
jayn

San Antonio, TX

#2 Aug 23, 2007
I'm waiting on news about this too. My husband came home and said that he heard some people talking about it today. I helped put that Dollar store together with one of the girls that was murdered.

Since: Jul 07

Waco, TX

#3 Aug 24, 2007
I doubt they ever will
Chiquita

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2007
This is a serious situation and i knew one of the girls well. I am deeply upset and i hope they find who ever did this. My heart goes out to her family and kids.
Stephanie

San Antonio, TX

#5 Sep 3, 2007
This is the same thing that i was thinking, you took the words out of my mouth. I have been on the web repeatedly trying to find out information about it. But i sitll havent gotten anything either. Ive been in their since the murder and its really sad to be in there. It seemed as if i was the only person who actually felt sorrow when i went in there.
Christina

Austin, TX

#6 Sep 4, 2007
You are not the only one....I haven't gone inside yet....I don't wanna be bawling and trying to shop, but my husband did as I sat out front (mind you eyeing every car and person that pulled up) we are very mournful of these two womens lives and I wanna know why nothing is being done....and another thing....why do they have the windows covered up so much? don't they know that is the first rule of security KEEP THE WINDOWS OPEN TO VIEW FROM THE OUTSIDE that way if God forbid something was to happen again maybe someone driving by will see in the store instead of the ads in the windows!!!!
Stephanie wrote:
This is the same thing that i was thinking, you took the words out of my mouth. I have been on the web repeatedly trying to find out information about it. But i sitll havent gotten anything either. Ive been in their since the murder and its really sad to be in there. It seemed as if i was the only person who actually felt sorrow when i went in there.

Waco, TX

#7 Sep 4, 2007
Hmmm, I heard some things on the street that they have some suspects. Could be bs but it sounded pretty good.
Its me

Waco, TX

#8 Sep 4, 2007
Ok everyone, lets think about this. If KPD did have info on who committed this needless crime and they went spouting off at the mouth with every new detail to the media or the internet, the how exactly would they catch those responsible? I do not work for KPD, but I am a police officer and I do work closely with some of the KPD officers. I know the detective assigned to this case and can assure that leads are being followed. As an investigator, I do not release details about my cases to just anyone, though, when it is neccesary, I do my best to keep those who need to be informed, without giving away my whole case. Once the case is closed, then I have no problem letting out all of the details. For those who have a concern, what ever the reason may be, please be patient. Just as the Speedy Pawn murder was solved, I'm sure this one will as well.

“Just a lady with a mission”

Since: Sep 07

Killeen, TX

#9 Sep 5, 2007
Ok so possibly my comment has been taken completely out of context because in other sections of the forum people have been hard on KPD i said "is KPD just fowling this all up or do people truly not care?" I did not mean any disrespect...my comment of do people truly not care included the people I see walking around every day that cared the day of the murder and possibly the day after....but not anymore....I think this should be on the top of the news at least once a week....and yes I am writing them too....if the police department is following up great!!! Tell us you are still investigating...let us believe that you are doing what ever. I believe that the police department should keep most things under wraps...but remember these ladies and know that even though we are not related the people that lived in the area and frequented this establishment want to know that something is being done....we live in a "safe" area....I would love to know that everything is being done to keep it "safe" and thanks for the note on they are still working on it....it helps.
He deserves justice

Killeen, TX

#10 Sep 10, 2007
dcs62404 wrote:
Ok so possibly my comment has been taken completely out of context because in other sections of the forum people have been hard on KPD i said "is KPD just fowling this all up or do people truly not care?" I did not mean any disrespect...my comment of do people truly not care included the people I see walking around every day that cared the day of the murder and possibly the day after....but not anymore....I think this should be on the top of the news at least once a week....and yes I am writing them too....if the police department is following up great!!! Tell us you are still investigating...let us believe that you are doing what ever. I believe that the police department should keep most things under wraps...but remember these ladies and know that even though we are not related the people that lived in the area and frequented this establishment want to know that something is being done....we live in a "safe" area....I would love to know that everything is being done to keep it "safe" and thanks for the note on they are still working on it....it helps.
Yes! and Therion Green murder on Hondo Dr and Tasha Bynum and her boyfriend both murdered on Grasslands Dr.... There are murderers around here and until these people are caught we all should be worried! No info from KPD and no updates from the news media.. whats really going on?
live near the store

Copperas Cove, TX

#11 Sep 22, 2007
I saw a guy parked there that morning around that time on my way home. and I sat a block away for about 10 min to see if he was going to leave since I knew the store wasnt open...and he didnt leave I was going to go back and see what was up but something said no just go home...I got a good look at the guy and his car. I told the police about it but they never called me or anything... and I know it had to have been him. its like the police dont care that much or something..

Waco, TX

#12 Sep 22, 2007
live near the store wrote:
I saw a guy parked there that morning around that time on my way home. and I sat a block away for about 10 min to see if he was going to leave since I knew the store wasnt open...and he didnt leave I was going to go back and see what was up but something said no just go home...I got a good look at the guy and his car. I told the police about it but they never called me or anything... and I know it had to have been him. its like the police dont care that much or something..
Yeah i bet you did most people just see park cars and watch the
m
live near the store

Copperas Cove, TX

#13 Sep 23, 2007
I didnt watch him... I pulled in that road behind him and he turned in there and I went up about 2 blocks and sat there to see it he was going to leave cause I knew the store wasnt open yet... and there are only two ways out of that parking lot and I could see both of them... and I sat there for like 10 15 min to see if he would leave.. but he didnt.. he couldnt see me.. and i could see what he was doing but I know he didnt leave for about 10 or 15 min. then I saw on the news later that day what happened and around what time...and thats the time I saw him!
DG Worker

AOL

#14 Sep 27, 2007
Christina wrote:
(believe me I have no desire to hear anymore about messed up athletes and celebrities)....is KPD just fowling this all up or do people truly not care? I don't fear a mass murderer is in the neighborhood.....what I do fear is that these lovely women who i had on many occasions told to have a great day and wish now that I would have taken a little more time to talk to....I fear they are gone and will be forgotten by everyone but their families and the murderer......please if you have any news (other than the lame "person of interest but not suspect") post it....these people deserve justice in the biggest way and there is no way you can lead me to believe that there is nothing to be worked on to find this vicious killer!
I work at one of the Ohio stores and this is the first I'm hearing about this. This wasn't even mentioned in any of the DG newsletters. I think they really are trying to sweep it all under the rug. What a shame. My sympathy to the families. I would be interestd in any updates.
Concerned

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 1, 2007
Iam very concerned about this as well I keep the door locked at my office because of this double murder. Also there was a body found last month on west ft. hood nothing else has been said about it and last night on alan kent drive somone else was shot and killed and the shooter is till on the loose, WHAT is going on in this neighbor hood truly scares me and I keep looking for updates on these murders and NOTHING!
You people crack me up

Killeen, TX

#16 Oct 1, 2007
You are all such smart people aren't yall. If the police are updating the general public, then don't you think that they may possibly be updating the people who did this? Let's just piss away any and all chances of catching anyone. We should just broadcast the suspect's names and what they are doing to catch them.....Maybe it will scare the suspects into leaving the area. Stop being a bunch of morons here people. Nothing the police can do or say will pacify you.
Meranda

Frisco, TX

#17 Oct 4, 2007
It absolutely breaks my heart in pieces today to see that nobody has found anything out. It has been 4 months and NOTHING. I was very very very close to Sheila-she was actually like a mother to me and I am so sick and tired of hearing about the famous news out there. What about these two precious women who lost their lives because somebody stupid decided to....oh it just breaks my heart. These two women (especially Sheila) will forever live on in my heart. I know she is resting in the Lord's arms right now. I just wish justice could be found for them and their families and friends.
Christina wrote:
Ok so I live in one of the neighborhoods that is near the Dollar General where the two women were murdered July 4th......we drove by with the intention of shopping there that morning just about 2 hours after they found the bodies....I am deeply upset in the lack of news coverage on this (believe me I have no desire to hear anymore about messed up athletes and celebrities)....is KPD just fowling this all up or do people truly not care? I don't fear a mass murderer is in the neighborhood.....what I do fear is that these lovely women who i had on many occasions told to have a great day and wish now that I would have taken a little more time to talk to....I fear they are gone and will be forgotten by everyone but their families and the murderer......please if you have any news (other than the lame "person of interest but not suspect") post it....these people deserve justice in the biggest way and there is no way you can lead me to believe that there is nothing to be worked on to find this vicious killer!

“Just a lady with a mission”

Since: Sep 07

Killeen, TX

#18 Nov 5, 2007
4 months......I hope their families are doing ok....Hope that KPD is getting closer to finding the animal that took them away....
DG Worker

United States

#19 Nov 25, 2007
live near the store wrote:
I didnt watch him... I pulled in that road behind him and he turned in there and I went up about 2 blocks and sat there to see it he was going to leave cause I knew the store wasnt open yet... and there are only two ways out of that parking lot and I could see both of them... and I sat there for like 10 15 min to see if he would leave.. but he didnt.. he couldnt see me.. and i could see what he was doing but I know he didnt leave for about 10 or 15 min. then I saw on the news later that day what happened and around what time...and thats the time I saw him!
All of you are wrong! Stop spreading rumors the guy stayed the night there he wasn't in his car that morning nor did he pull into the parking lot! Drop it, it's in God's hands he'll take care of it!
DG Worker

United States

#20 Nov 25, 2007
Concerned wrote:
Iam very concerned about this as well I keep the door locked at my office because of this double murder. Also there was a body found last month on west ft. hood nothing else has been said about it and last night on alan kent drive somone else was shot and killed and the shooter is till on the loose, WHAT is going on in this neighbor hood truly scares me and I keep looking for updates on these murders and NOTHING!
The body found in West Ft. Hood has been identified and a suspect has been caught, read the paper and stop freakin' other people out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 12 hr 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
this town (Dec '10) Dec 15 nate9606 11
earn 3500 in your PayPal today Dec 13 Freakman_101 2
Fort Hood 1966 (Jan '12) Dec 13 PFC Dick Towner 5
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Dec 10 tammy 57
Judge: Ft. Hood suspect could be forcibly shaved (Jul '12) Dec 7 Native Texan 283
Darnall Army Hospital (Apr '10) Dec 4 oldtimer 11
Harker Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harker Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harker Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:47 pm PST