John Reider Properties
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kevin T

Round Rock, TX

#24 Sep 9, 2010
I have known the Reider's since we moved to HH in 2003. They have been nothing but helpful in finding and maintaining my commercial lease space. The building I was in was sold two years ago and Danya Reider has personaly helped me on two different occasions with my new landlord even though JR is no longer managing the property! I think if you maintain your part of the lease and understand what is expected when you sign, they will go out of their way to treat you well. They have certainly done so for me.
Craig

Temple, TX

#25 Oct 2, 2010
Kevin T wrote:
I have known the Reider's since we moved to HH in 2003. They have been nothing but helpful in finding and maintaining my commercial lease space. The building I was in was sold two years ago and Danya Reider has personaly helped me on two different occasions with my new landlord even though JR is no longer managing the property! I think if you maintain your part of the lease and understand what is expected when you sign, they will go out of their way to treat you well. They have certainly done so for me.
I would suggest you work with Dustin in the office. He is great and he will work very hard with you, giving you the information you need.
Craig

Temple, TX

#26 Oct 2, 2010
Sorry, I meant that for the person who took over a lease. I just did a move out notice with Dustin in the office and he went over everything I need to do to get my deposit back. To the person who cleaned and didn't...I'll let you know how my experience is after I move. I can tell you up until now- no complaints, nice people, caring [[[including Lauren who rented my duplex to me]]]. I got it clean and spotless and I'll leave it clean and spotless!!]] Maybe next time you should rent something filthy and then leaving it that way won't be a problem.
Jeff

Waco, TX

#27 Oct 13, 2010
I have been renting from JRP for some time now, and have known the whole staff for a very long time. Everybody is so friendly and professional. I have never been unhappy with the services they provide, and they always stick behind their word 100%. If anything ever needs to be fixed or if I should happen to have a problem, they are right there making sure everything gets properly fixed, and even do checkup calls or even stop by to make sure everything is up to my standards of living. Overall, I think they are a great real estate providers and would not go to anybody else.
AKMG

Waco, TX

#28 Oct 13, 2010
My boyfriend and I rented the apartments on Dove Lane last year and were surprised by how affordable and clean they were! They were very spacious compared to our 445 sq. ft apartment we were paying for at Lookout Ridge, for practically the same price. Anytime we had a problem, Lauren always took care of it, and when we were ready to buy our home and move out, Dustin took care of everything during the inspection and even gave us advice on how to fix it.
Genevieve

Temple, TX

#29 Mar 10, 2011
Thank you , John Reider Team ( Danya Reider and Robin Cargill);
You have rescued me from a property manager who was very inexperienced in the business. Their main concerned was to make sure that my investment property did not stay vacant for too long which benefitted them(since they get paid when its rented out) but was not beneficial to me as a property owner. In fact throughout my 2 yr contract term with them they leased out my property to careless, young individuals (criminals) who had no concerns for someone else's hard work. No offense, to young individuals out here since I too am young; the only difference is I was/am responsible enough and have made many sacrifices in order for me to get in the business. Danya and Robin, I am so blessed to have found both of you. You ladies are strong and a very knowledgeable team of women who represent The John Reider Team very well. If it wasn't for you all I would have paid damages left by a third tenant. My past property manager does not run any rental/criminal history or background checks for any of the perspective tenants that walk up to their office. It seems like they cater to the tenant (presumably those who are not able to get leasing contracts anywhere else) not the Property owners. Property owners Please take my advice and stay away from any company that charges 7 percent for their property management fees. In actuality you are not saving any money instead you will be like me and pay about $4,000 or more each time a tenant moves out. Worst of all you will not get any of the money invested, take to court or tarnish the credit of the last tenants (Idiots) after preparing the place for next perspective tenants. Unfortunately, my conscience will not allow me to disclose my previous property managers name. Therefore, do your research before signing a contract with any company out here in Killeen or anywhere else for that matter.
PJM

South Bend, IN

#30 Jun 9, 2011
I worke for the Reider's for many years. I have seen them go through great lengths to assist those in need and to be amazing members of the community. To the people that called Lauren and the other office staff names...look at the language you are using. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and in that case there is no making you happy. Renters should be aware of what your lease states. It's your responsibility to read it and understand it BEFORE you sign it. No one at that company forced or coerced anyone to sign anything. You are all adults and need to take personal responsibility. As renters you should also carry renters insurance. Its not the property management or the home owners responsibility to cover your losses. Why should they take a hit on their insurance and face higher premiums when you aren't taking any personal responsibility? The homeowners insurance protects the homeowners property. If you do not think thats acceptable I suggest you lobby for insurance reform or better yet...buy a home and then see how you feel. There are tons of rental companies in the area...and they all have pretty much the same guidelines. The Reiders are protecting their owners and contrary to popular belief...they care about their tenants. To all of you renters...respect is a two way street. You get what you give. To the Reiders: I wish you nothing but continued success and God Bless you all. Much Love..P
Mike

Romania

#31 Jan 18, 2012
There will always be whiners and complainers. I had an excellent experience with JRP. Oh, and the owners daughter is freakin HOT! A plus.:D
Tim

Michigan City, IN

#32 Jun 4, 2012
While I understand there are people who are lazy and cant follow instructions. There are some legitimate claims. It was only a few years ago they were talking about banning soldiers from doing business with John Reider, because of the massive amounts of complaints. While I'm sure this business is probably decent. Its good idea to do your research talk to other people in the building or house especially the ones leaving. (If possible)
Viany

Killeen, TX

#33 Aug 10, 2013
Future tenants or property owners,
I understand reading a fair and honest review is so important in making the right choice for your needs. I was once in your place. I agree with most that property managers are notorious for grabbing every buck they can. I feel John Reider's company is the opposite of that. This is a family own business, and they but their reputation on the line. As an owner of a home, their concerns to make the tenants happy is a top priority. You will receive exactly what they guarantee, clean home, reasonable rates and quick attention if maintenance is needed. For those looking to put your investment in their hands, their list is so detailed as far as getting your home ready, but I promise it is to benefit you. In my experience speaking with them, they want all sides to be happy. We are what keeps them in business and they will not jeopardize it. We all know perfection is impossible but they will go to great lengths to try. Integrity is what sets them apart.
justin

Apo, AE

#34 Sep 25, 2013
i just wanna say i'm very pissed with them and they can go fuck them self's. i got orders to deploy to Kuwait so i got out of my lease in september and i still had to pay for the month of october, which im fine with. what pissed me off is sense i was leaving before the first of october i wrote them a check for the first so they could cash it and i wouldnt have to worry bout it. yet two days after i got to Kuwait i see they cashed that check on the 18th of september im so pissed they pretty much drained my account and fucked me off cause of that. any way i can sue? cause i will that really bothers me cause i paied them on the 1st of september too so they got 900 dollers from me in one month.
They got me as well

San Antonio, TX

#35 Nov 1, 2013
My wife and I liked the duplex we rented but it was not worth it. We will NEVER rent from these crooks again. I also have been in the military for a long time and have rented from multiple places across the country and have never been treated so poorly and talked down to so much as I have here. I agree they keep their places looking nice but also use that principle as a cover to buckle and dime you to death at every opportunity. I can't even begin to describe the amount of ridiculous fines we received even before we moved out. I wrote many letters since that's always their response anytime you want to discuss something. "You can write a letter and see what the owner can do for you" bull!! My letters and or owner never did jack for me. I have never been so mad or treated so inferior as I have here. Criminals.
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#36 Feb 11, 2014
There is no excuse for the way you felt you were treated. Please know that we have shared this complaint with the entire company and will use it as a valuable lesson to work harder for you and each customer that walks through our door! We wish you good luck and please remember, our goal has always been to provide the best possible customer service experience available.
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#37 Feb 11, 2014
Beth Perry wrote:
I thought I would post a comment about what happened to me today with 2 representatives from John Reider. I was doing a move out inspection for my boy-friend who is working in Oklahoma. First things first it took them a total of about 5 minutes to complete the inspection because by the time I made it to the residence they were locking the door. She gives me the move out papers and just about everything she has failed including the A/C unit (which I did not understand)! He had already received permission from the manager to allow me to do the move out, but the lady calls with an attitude to verify (which was verified). So I begin to ask questions on why things were failing the inspection, she again gets an attitude and calls the company to tell them she will not finish the inspection because I am arguing with her. I don't think asking questions is arguing especially when it comes to an $800.00 deposit. It amazes me how the local companies try to take advantage of the residents. I wrote a letter to John Reider which I highly doubt will go any further then the drop box, but I wanted to share my incident with any one who will read it!! Thanks for listening and beware of companies that will try to rip you and your family off!!

There is no excuse for the way you felt you were treated. Please know that we have shared this complaint with the entire company and will use it as a valuable lesson to work harder for you and each customer that walks through our door! We wish you good luck and please remember, our goal has always been to provide the best possible customer service experience available.
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#39 Feb 11, 2014
Karma4U wrote:
Almost all the rental companies around here are crooks. I got screwed and so have a lot of other people around here.
We are sorry to hear about your unfavorable experience. We are committed to cultivating an environment where the contributions of our Owners, Clients, Residents, Agents, Partners and Employees are valued and respected. We wish you good luck and please remember, our goal has always been to provide the best possible customer service experience available.
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#40 Feb 11, 2014
Craig wrote:
Sorry, I meant that for the person who took over a lease. I just did a move out notice with Dustin in the office and he went over everything I need to do to get my deposit back. To the person who cleaned and didn't...I'll let you know how my experience is after I move. I can tell you up until now- no complaints, nice people, caring [[[including Lauren who rented my duplex to me]]]. I got it clean and spotless and I'll leave it clean and spotless!!]] Maybe next time you should rent something filthy and then leaving it that way won't be a problem.
THANK YOU CRAIG! We appreciate your support!
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#41 Feb 11, 2014
Tim wrote:
While I understand there are people who are lazy and cant follow instructions. There are some legitimate claims. It was only a few years ago they were talking about banning soldiers from doing business with John Reider, because of the massive amounts of complaints. While I'm sure this business is probably decent. Its good idea to do your research talk to other people in the building or house especially the ones leaving.(If possible)
Tim,

Your information is inaccurate. Tim,

Your information is inaccurate. We have never been banned or close to banned. We are committed to cultivating an environment where the contributions of our Owners, Clients, Residents, Agents, Partners and Employees are valued and respected. We do offer a 100% Clean Guarantee and proudly stand behind that and with that said, we hold ourselves and our residents to a much higher standard than most. We wish you good luck and please remember, our goal has always been to provide the best possible customer service experience available.
John Reider Properties

Temple, TX

#42 Feb 11, 2014
PJM wrote:
I worke for the Reider's for many years. I have seen them go through great lengths to assist those in need and to be amazing members of the community. To the people that called Lauren and the other office staff names...look at the language you are using. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and in that case there is no making you happy. Renters should be aware of what your lease states. It's your responsibility to read it and understand it BEFORE you sign it. No one at that company forced or coerced anyone to sign anything. You are all adults and need to take personal responsibility. As renters you should also carry renters insurance. Its not the property management or the home owners responsibility to cover your losses. Why should they take a hit on their insurance and face higher premiums when you aren't taking any personal responsibility? The homeowners insurance protects the homeowners property. If you do not think thats acceptable I suggest you lobby for insurance reform or better yet...buy a home and then see how you feel. There are tons of rental companies in the area...and they all have pretty much the same guidelines. The Reiders are protecting their owners and contrary to popular belief...they care about their tenants. To all of you renters...respect is a two way street. You get what you give. To the Reiders: I wish you nothing but continued success and God Bless you all. Much Love..P
It feels wonderful knowing that we have support from individuals like you! Thanks so much for your kind words P!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kempner Water takes treatment plant offline (Jul '10) Aug 26 ranchette 3
Debate: Nuclear Power - Kempner, TX (Apr '11) Aug 26 Kempner resident 3
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Aug 21 The truth 92
Jadera Plus (Jan '15) Aug 20 carolyn scott 3
lesbain girl Aug 19 jahnya22 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages