One Harker Heights High School studen...

One Harker Heights High School student killed and another injur...

There are 37 comments on the KCEN story from Mar 5, 2007, titled One Harker Heights High School student killed and another injur.... In it, KCEN reports that:

Updated: Mar 5, 2007 6:50pm A 14-year-old Harker Heights High School freshman was killed Monday when she was hit by a big rig truck while running with her cross country team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCEN.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
melissa

Puyallup, WA

#21 Jun 24, 2007
ive ran with amanda for 4 years and i cant get over wat happened till this day i miss her so much and it hurts to think about wat happend i wish she was here i wish it didnt happen she had a rich future she could have been big and she still will be i know that in heaven she is the best most warm hearted person up their i cant wait to see her again i cant get her out of my head i love you panda bear i miss you so much
ApRil

Austin, TX

#22 Jun 25, 2007
amanda i miss you terribly! love you ma!
Jacque Ritchey

Killeen, TX

#23 Jul 30, 2007
Hey, I'm on the cross country team amanda is and will always be a beautiful person. I thank God that i had the privelidge of meeting her and it really does hurt that shes gone, but she always made me smile. No matter what she was so beautiful and amazing. I mean no one could really be like her or imitate her because she was genuine in who she was and wasn't afraid to show it. I miss her dearly with my whole heart and send my blessings to her up in heaven.
I love you always Amanda,
sweet dreams,+<-<3Jacque
Allyson Carpenter

Ponder, TX

#24 Aug 10, 2007
I sat next to this wonderful girl in speech class, she is one of those people who most certainly did not deserve to die. Shes was beautiful inside and out, and taught me many things, she was the biggest sweat heart. I miss you so much, and we all love you.
Tabbi

Killeen, TX

#25 Oct 15, 2007
Wow its been a while since our beloved Panda Bear was taken from us.I just wanted to say I love you girly, you are dearly missed!
Amanda Weaver

Austin, TX

#26 Oct 16, 2007
i knew Amanda in 7th grade and in 8th, before i moved to Austin... She was a great friend, really funny, and she is terribly missed...i didnt find out until that Friday, the 9th, and i cried all day long...R.I.P. Amanda...we all love you
xerxesia

Waco, TX

#27 Oct 23, 2007
when I found out that it was Amanda, I had just came to school. I couldn't believe it was her. I cried so badly, it hurt my boyfriend and he didn't really even know her. All I can say that she was one of my best friends and that me and her knew each other since she was in the 7th grade...so even to someone like my boyfriend, Jack, it really made him so dolorous..it made him cry..and its hard to make him cry about anything.So i will keep her familly in my prayers..
luv u panda bear..
Kid

Waco, TX

#28 Oct 24, 2007
Hi, i'm a freshman :)
emalee

Manteca, CA

#29 Oct 24, 2007
wow i can't believe that.
Samantha Salazar

Nolanville, TX

#30 Nov 15, 2007
I knew Amanda since 3rd grade.She was a great friend and a GREAT person.
She was always nice to everybody,even if she didnt know them.
i love you AMANDA
and ill miss you so much
MELISSA

Nolanville, TX

#31 Nov 29, 2007
I MISS YOU SO MUCH
Amanda Broadus

Decatur, TX

#32 Jan 2, 2008
Amanda and my daughter were best friends in 5th grade at Nolanville elme. Just the other day, I was looking through pictures and found one of my daughter Cassie, Amanda, and her sister. There were all dressed up in costumes and make-up. What a wonderful memory. We miss and love you Amanda. Our hearts and prayers are with your family.
Amanda Broadus

Decatur, TX

#33 Jan 2, 2008
Well,I do not live in Justin, TX like it says.
Amanda Alaniz

Nolanville, TX

#34 Jan 25, 2008
Amanda was a really good friend and also a great runner she was always smiling i miss her so very much and she will be missed truely ..!!! After the accident happend i thought about how much life is and how much i appreciate it. But when you think about amanda she is in a better place. I miss u we all love u
shirley

Stephenville, TX

#35 Jun 5, 2008
I am a parent with two kids in school and is upsets me the school let the kids run in the streets if there is a track use it. My heart goes out to the families of both children may the good lord bring you peace and joy and ease your suffering as your children touched the lives of so many.
rodney L

United States

#36 Aug 4, 2008
im new to harker heights i read all the comments and stuff and it sounded like you were a great person and im sorry for what had happen but im sure ur in a happy place now. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Josh

Nolanville, TX

#38 Dec 16, 2008
Amanda Ware was a very close friend of mine. I knew her well, and even though we had our bad times, we also had our great times. I was their the day the truck hit her. To be literal, I was at the stoplight infront of the Heights. I watched, horrified, shocked, and heartbroken when she got hit. I couldn't believe what I had just been a witness to. I pulled into the parking lot and just fell to my knees in tears. My prayers go to Amandas family. R.I.P Amanda, you will be missed, morned, and loved always. But Never Forgotten. "I'll miss you Panda."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Central Texas Infant Dies; Charge Against Stepf... (Jul '10) Aug 21 Anonymous 5
News Belton Police Arrest Six Men for Gang Rape (Dec '07) Aug 19 Incredibly entert... 47
Review: Gregory K Simmons PC (May '13) Aug 19 P Pool 4
What unit used the crest shown in my user ID ph... Aug 18 TomCatTiger 1
1st Bde, 2nd AD 1967-1969 - Organization Chart Aug 15 TomCatTiger 3
Review: Young Libersky & Holbrook (May '11) Aug 14 tamara klotz 7
News Suspect in Bell County case arrested in Las Vegas (Sep '10) Aug 13 dooneyandbourke 2

Harker Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Harker Heights Mortgages