One Harker Heights High School student killed and another injur...

Full story: KCEN 37
Updated: Mar 5, 2007 6:50pm A 14-year-old Harker Heights High School freshman was killed Monday when she was hit by a big rig truck while running with her cross country team. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mindy Rodriguez

Killeen, TX

#1 Mar 5, 2007
All I could think passing the acciedent was oh god I hope everyone is okay.I walk into school not thinking to much of it.Then over the announcment came we have lost a student Amanda Ware a member of Cross Country .So maney thoughts ran threw my head i use to run with those gurls all the time that could have been me.I cant imageine her mother getting the news of her daughters death. Harker Heights has Amanda's Family in our prayers and wish them the best.Thank god Arora is okay and in the proccess of recovering.
R.I.P Amanda Ware
a friend from danville

Milford, PA

#2 Mar 6, 2007
im so many miles away, and shared very few words with Aurora, but i want her to know i am thinking about her, and the friend of hers she lost. Aurora is a great girl, and i'm praying for her and her friends family!<33
herman

Waco, TX

#3 Mar 7, 2007
i honestly never met amanda or aurora but i feel so bad hearing about what happened to them. i'll keep praying for her family and i know she is safe in a better place.
Mallory

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2007
Amanda was my best friend. I love her very much and I miss her just as equally. I know she is in a better place, but still my heart hurts cause I know I can't see her right now, or talk to her right now, or touch her right now. I love you Panda.
Marlean

San Antonio, TX

#5 Mar 7, 2007
I lived in Country Trails adjacent to the high school for two years and saw the track team running through our neighborhood and on FM 2410 every day, in the dark to dawn hours. Every time I said to myself, this is so unsafe, why is the school allowing it? Today I am personally mortified and regretful that as a parent, I did not bring the issue up to the school. I am in the Army and we don't even allow our Soldiers to run on open streets for physical training. My heart goes out to the students, the school, and especially Amanda's family. And I am so sorry I did not raise the issue when I lived there.
Madison Kiger

United States

#6 Mar 7, 2007
I didn't really know Amanda but i can tell that she was a really great person to be around and I want to say to Amanda's family and friends that I am sorry for the loss of a wonderful person. I will keep you in my prayers and I give my condolences. To Aurora you are in my prayers to and I hope you have a good recovery! Stay strong, R.I.P Amanda! you were loved!
Chris

Killeen, TX

#7 Mar 8, 2007
I am also a very concerned parent. My son knew Amanda for many years and my heart is aching for all the students, friends,and family. I brought up the same issue...Why are the students running in the streets???? There is a school track. My prayers are with her family and friends. She was a beautiful person inside and out. She will be missed.
A tribute

Killeen, TX

#8 Mar 8, 2007

Here is a beautiful tribute to Amanda..She was very much loved!
AMY KILLEEN TEXAS

Killeen, TX

#9 Mar 8, 2007
MY HEART ACHES FOR AMANDA'S PARENTS AND FAMILY. I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE PAIN THEY ARE GOING THRU. MY DAUGHTER HAS GONE TO SCHOOL WITH AMANDA SINCE 4TH GRADE AND SHE IS HAVING A HARD TIME DEALING WITH THIS. HOWEVER WE ALL KNOW SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE. SO FLY HIGH ANGEL!!! WE WILL SEE YOU AT THE PEARLY GATES OF HEAVEN.
Danielle

San Antonio, TX

#10 Mar 9, 2007
I did not know Amanda at all, but I do know what it is like to lose someone so close to you, as I was once a Harker Heights student who lost my two dear friends, TJ Zimmer and Amanda Williams. My heart and prayers go to her family and friends.
Christina

Killeen, TX

#11 Mar 13, 2007
I never knew Amanda but she and Aurora have touched my life forever! I witnessed the accident as it happened and I asked the Lord to be with both of them. This was a great loss to all those to Amanda. I will continue to pray everyday for both girls family. To all those other girls who also saw the accident I pray that the Lord give you peace and comfort in your hearts and minds. Aurora..continue to live life to the fullest and may you find comfort that you need to continue to go on with life in a positive way. I thank the Lord that you made it ok!!
Christina

Killeen, TX

#12 Mar 13, 2007
I AM FROM HARKER HIEGHTS AND LIVE OFF 2410, I WROTE THE ABOVE MEMO, I DONT LIVE IN GATESVILLE.
Jeramiah Hough

Charleston, SC

#13 Mar 14, 2007
I ran the same route Amanda,and Aurora ran every morning. I ask god why not me, and I feel hurt from what happened. If any of the cross country team is reading this...we're all family, and next time y'all run...win for them. We all miss you Amanda, and I'm praying for you Aurora.
Brandon Middleton

Angier, NC

#14 Mar 16, 2007
I think Amanda was the greatest person I have ever met. She lit up every room that she walked into. She always encouraged you to do the best know matter what the situation is. She never gave up on me and she was always there to help me out whenever I needed it and I love her for that.
R.I.P. Amanda
I love you so much
Christina

Killeen, TX

#15 Mar 26, 2007
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW AURORA IS DOING???
Valerie

Killeen, TX

#16 Apr 22, 2007
My neighbor was a good friend of Amanda and she also ran track with her,and when i heard about this tragedy, i was in total shock.I checked out my friends myspace page and saw pictures she had of Amanda and u can tell that she was a wonderful,bright,caring person.My condolences go out to her mother,father,and the rest of her family and friends.Amanda Ware, may you rest in peace.
Rosa

Killeen, TX

#17 Apr 22, 2007
To the family and friends of Amanda, my deepest sympathy . God Bless all of you and know that Amanda will be alright up in Heaven sitting next to our Father. When you look up into the sky at night, the brightest star shinning is Amanda letting you know that she is looking down on you and that she LOVES you all very much.I am Rosa , Tiffanys neighbor. God Bless you all.
Brittany Dudley

United States

#18 May 21, 2007
I may not have know her as well as others. But she is a great person. She touched my heart and so many other people's hearts. We all love Amanda. && we miss her.
A distant friend

Waco, TX

#19 May 22, 2007
I know this is late but after this weekend and another kid drowning it made me think of Amanda Ware. How she affedted our school , th elives of many people. She was an amazing person. Keep running Amanda !!!
susan L

Waco, TX

#20 May 30, 2007
Amanda was the best friend anyone could ever have and she was so smily that is the way i will always remember Amanda...by her smile. I never seen her down she was always so happy. When ever I was down after the accident i would just lay on my bed and look up and just think of her smile and how she was so happy. Then the tears turn into laughter she just would make me so happy. She was so funny!!!There are just not enough words to explain Amanda she is a Best friend!!! Still to this day i dont think Amanda is gone it just hasnt hit me yet but i do know she is in a better place now! LOVE YOU ALWAYS PANDA BEAR A.K.A Amanda Maria Ware!!!!!!!<3<3<3< 3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Harker Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wounded Military Dating or Wounded Warriors Dating (May '10) Dec 23 Dhammika Jayamaha 11
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
this town (Dec '10) Dec 15 nate9606 11
earn 3500 in your PayPal today Dec 13 Freakman_101 2
Fort Hood 1966 (Jan '12) Dec 13 PFC Dick Towner 5
Review: Assembly Of Prayer Christian Church (Sep '12) Dec 10 tammy 57
Judge: Ft. Hood suspect could be forcibly shaved (Jul '12) Dec 7 Native Texan 283
Harker Heights Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Harker Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harker Heights

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:05 am PST

NFL 8:05AM