Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated May 30, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jason

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 5, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

will some one put him back in Killeen where he belongs?

:b
jason

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 5, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

he is there all the fu@#ing time, dancing and yelling at cars.
Tired of the bitching

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 6, 2009
 
Killeen??? Man Harker Heights has some of the worst spots in the area. H.H. has more crack heads per capita than anywhere else in Texas. Ever driven down Indian trail? All those crappy looking trailor parks. I bet Heights has more trailers than Killeen.

“Recharging life”

Since: Aug 07

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

He's been checked out by HHPD and there is nothing they can do. He is not a danger to himself or others. Have you ever thought about smiling at him or waving? That's what I do and at the end of the day, I feel better about it. You can complain all you want but it won't change things.

“Recharging life”

Since: Aug 07

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tired of the bitching wrote:
Killeen??? Man Harker Heights has some of the worst spots in the area. H.H. has more crack heads per capita than anywhere else in Texas. Ever driven down Indian trail? All those crappy looking trailor parks. I bet Heights has more trailers than Killeen.
Some of those trailers have good people living in them. Unless you live off of that road don't complain. I live around "snob hill" and it doesn't bother me. If you think that HH has more trailers than Killeen then perhaps it is time to stop smoking that crack yourself.
Tired of the bitching

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 10, 2009
 
Well HHtx there is nothing wrong with living in a manufactured home. That would be a trailer if you didn't know. i have some good friends that live in some.That being said there are good trailer parks and there are real crappy ones to, and many of the crappy ones are in HH. I have lived since 84 when I was 6 years old. I have seen this area grow in so many ways. It is a fact that Harker Heights has three times the number of trailers per capita than Killeen. Heck go get a zoning map and just take a look at the percentage of land that is zoned for that type of housing and compare the two.
killeen gurl

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 10, 2009
 
Heights may have more trailer parks but Killeen has more trashy trailer parks. I know a LOT of people that live in those little trailer parks on Indian Trail and most of them are good people. I also know quiet a few people that live in some of the nicer trailer parks in Killeen and 99% of them are drug addicts/dealers who don't take care of their bratty kids and let them do whatever they want.
yupitsme

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Tired of the bitching wrote:
Well HHtx there is nothing wrong with living in a manufactured home. That would be a trailer if you didn't know. i have some good friends that live in some.That being said there are good trailer parks and there are real crappy ones to, and many of the crappy ones are in HH. I have lived since 84 when I was 6 years old. I have seen this area grow in so many ways. It is a fact that Harker Heights has three times the number of trailers per capita than Killeen. Heck go get a zoning map and just take a look at the percentage of land that is zoned for that type of housing and compare the two.
Thanks for the education. Who would have thought that another name for manufactured home is a trailer. Gawd, so glad I have you to keep me informed on the latest. I don't think I'll need to go to city hall to survey (also means to look at or view) their maps. I'll let you do that so that you can prove your point. I believe in your first post on this subject that YOU felt the need to mention the trailers on Indian Trail. I will agree that some are in need of repair but I have seen much worse and who really cares if there ARE more trailers in HH than somewhere else? Are you living in one and absolutely hate it or do you belong to AAMH? Americans Against Manufactured Homes. Formally known as AAT. Americans Against Trailers.

“Recharging life”

Since: Aug 07

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

killeen gurl wrote:
Heights may have more trailer parks but Killeen has more trashy trailer parks. I know a LOT of people that live in those little trailer parks on Indian Trail and most of them are good people. I also know quiet a few people that live in some of the nicer trailer parks in Killeen and 99% of them are drug addicts/dealers who don't take care of their bratty kids and let them do whatever they want.
I agree with you. It's amazing how people will judge others on what the have instead of who they are.

“Recharging life”

Since: Aug 07

Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 10, 2009
 
yupitsme wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the education. Who would have thought that another name for manufactured home is a trailer. Gawd, so glad I have you to keep me informed on the latest. I don't think I'll need to go to city hall to survey (also means to look at or view) their maps. I'll let you do that so that you can prove your point. I believe in your first post on this subject that YOU felt the need to mention the trailers on Indian Trail. I will agree that some are in need of repair but I have seen much worse and who really cares if there ARE more trailers in HH than somewhere else? Are you living in one and absolutely hate it or do you belong to AAMH? Americans Against Manufactured Homes. Formally known as AAT. Americans Against Trailers.
And how about their other group. AAMT Americans Against Manufactured Trailers. LOL
Tired of the bitching

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 11, 2009
 
WOW, seemed to hit a nerve there sunshine. That was way too easy.
yupitsme

Temple, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 11, 2009
 
Tired of the bitching wrote:
WOW, seemed to hit a nerve there sunshine. That was way too easy.
Mine or HH? Either way, to many people putting down others without backing up their statements. You my dear are taking the easy way out. I applaud those who take the time to defend not just sit on their laurels. Honey, you are just a cloud on a sunny day!
txgrl

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 16, 2009
 

Judged:

2

ok on the original topic..about the man that walks up and down indian trail... have you ever actually hear what he is saying?! he is actually preaching, he may seem crazy to you all, but some people just need a little hand in life, and what make you all think he is a crack head? he is no danger to anyone around hh. there are middle school kids that have to walk by him every day! dont you think if he was dangerous something would have happened by now? so to those of you who judge, unless you have been in his shoes keep your opinion to yourself, because thats all it is, is an opinion. we dont know what has happened to him in his life, just smile and wave the next time you see him. it just might make his day!
Covite

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The guy is a bum. Take him to Austin, where he will eventually become the Mayor.
dave

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 18, 2009
 
i own a manufactrured home park in the city..lawns well kept ..maintenance 7 days a week, rents 25% lower that the area average and my tenancy is close to 6 years on average....and for the people who dont know the difference....a trailer is a building built before june15th 1976, anything manufactured aftre that date is a manufactured home by federal law...thats when the HUD took over inspecting to ensure they meet ederal housing standards....as far as the crackhead goes...he used to work at papas cafe...then.....who knows what happened....
Jan

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 23, 2009
 
The guy your talking about is out there every day preaching to the cars as they pass. He may be a nut job, but so far a harmless one. I live on Indian Trail and have more concern about the traffic, drunks on the road and the pierced, tattoo freaks working the local stores. This guy is in his own little world not bothering a soul. As far as run down areas in Harker Heights, some have obviously not been through the older hoods in Killeen and Cove. Crack heads, pot heads, and meth freaks are in every corner!
ryan

Apo, AP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 29, 2009
 

Judged:

1

the dude is not preaching. I am not a religous guy what so ever but I don't think the f word is involved in praising "the Lord". For a guy says the f word alot that guy was saying the f word alot. I use to live at those apartment behind Club Rodeo and passed him every day on my way home. He was enter taining but I still wanted to beat him up.
kmansrebelwithac ause

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 28, 2010
 
jason wrote:
will some one put him back in Killeen where he belongs?
:b
The guy seems to me to be schizophrenic... He needs mental help and meds but in our society he is disposable... sad

Since: Jan 10

HARKER HEIGHTS, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 3, 2010
 
jason wrote:
will some one put him back in Killeen where he belongs?
:b
I've heard that guy even drives for a taxi company....duh....lol

Since: Jan 10

HARKER HEIGHTS, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Sometimes I think the guy on the corner is playing a role to get a check....I don't think I'd get in his taxi though. When I see him, I just smile and wish I had the energy he has to get out everyday and exert the energy it takes to do all he does. One day I encountered him in the McDonald's and became slightly afraid until he began to speak to me, concerning an order I had ordered. The man speaks rather intelligently. Often times we tend to judge a book by it's cover instead of reading the contents first. Just my two cents...*smile*

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Harker Heights Discussions

Search the Harker Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 8 min Janie 21,649
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 33 min Truth is might 17,186
198th Light Infantry Brigade (Jul '09) 7 hr Wilber 13
Preschools Tue LMB32682 1
VineLink - See who's in jail anywhere in the USA! (Apr '07) Jul 27 Michael Prochilo 38
Review: Action Pawn Jul 26 micah Robinson 1
1 st Armored Division (May '09) Jul 26 Jayar 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Harker Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Harker Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Harker Heights News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Harker Heights
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••